Crown Princess Victoria's Birthday (Victoriadagen) - July 14: 2008-2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The King and Queen met the press and the public on the afternoon at Solliden.
Victoriadagen - utan Victoria - Nyheter - Senaste nytt | Expressen
Google Translate

About 400 people gathered at Solliden. The King with the Queen at his side said that is is wonderful to see so many people at Solliden, they thought that everyone would be on the beach.
Crown Princess Victoria herself is on honeymoon with his recently wedded husband. The King said that they want to thank all people for taking the time to come here to convey a message, which they of course accept and will pass on the Crown Princess when she comes back to Solliden later this summer.
Kungen täckte upp för Victoria | Inrikes | TT | Senaste nytt | Aftonbladet

Photos from today:
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

They will not attend. This was confirmed by the Royal House already before the Wedding.

Dutch media reported last week there honeymoon will continue in France. I guess they will not be back before August. Good for them!

Happy birthday, Victoria!!

Something tells me this is going to be her most beautiful birthday, alone with hubby.;) I wish her all the best!! Many many happy returns!!!:flowers:

Thanks, maybe I should wait till you finish reading it so you can tell me if it's worth buying. :)

It's funny people still showed up at Solliden! I hope Victoria continues with her birthday appearances next year.

of course! but i just ordered it!

Where is Prince Orlando Bloom?! *Haha* It's nice to see the King and Queen so relaxed in the photos. :)

Does anyone else find it amusing that CP Victoria has a biography out already and she's only 33!? Not that I wouldn't read it, I'm just saying that she has so much left to do.

Does anyone else find it amusing that CP Victoria has a biography out already and she's only 33!? Not that I wouldn't read it, I'm just saying that she has so much left to do.

You can also think it other way - she has already done so much and is only 33 - and that's just positive. :flowers:

They all look very good. Apart from the wonderful appearance, Madde also looks quite happy and relaxed. :)

Such a beautiful royal family!
It's so nice that they all gathered for Victoria's birthday.

Not really no. I do however find it amusing that Miley Cyrus had an autobiography out at only seventeen. THAT'S amusing. Victoria has done so much in her thirty-three years, and she's such a well-liked public figure, a biography about her is not surprising at all. In fact, I'd love to read it sometime soon!

who was the lady sitting next to Carl Philip with the dark hair?

I wonder how Carl Philip & Madelaine feel always being put under their older sister? I know in the family they're treated the same, but I don't see any big celebrations going on for their birthdays, especially if they don't even show up. And when they're married they wont have a wedding like Victoria's. I wonder if it creates some tension between the siblings?...

I wonder how Carl Philip & Madelaine feel always being put under their older sister? I know in the family they're treated the same, but I don't see any big celebrations going on for their birthdays, especially if they don't even show up. And when they're married they wont have a wedding like Victoria's. I wonder if it creates some tension between the siblings?...

Well, they all seem to get on very well and I didn't detect any tension at Victoria's wedding. Both Carl Philip and Madeleine seemed genuinely happy for Victoria. I guess it depends on whether they like the attention. I'd personally be very glad not to be in the spotlight. Also, CP and Madeleine have more freedom than their sister in life choices etc..

They could probably have celebrations like this for their birthday if they wanted one.
It is mainly because Victoria is CP.
They will have a wedding along the same lines of their sisters, but because the pair are both fairly quiet people, they won't probably won't a big event.
That's just the way it works, the CP gets the better of things, in some cases.

This official biography you are talking about, is that the book by this Herman Lindqvist (or something) ?

Thank you! The first part was lovely though I didn't understand a word. What was it the host said that made the king 'shush' around 11 minutes in?

The host said in the beginning of the program that Victoria and Prince Daniel are "somewhere in the world" on honeymoon, and nobody really knows where. But then he continues that he actually knows where they are - because Öland is one of Victoria's favorite places in the world, he guesses that "they are actually here, camping" :)

So that's when the King is like this :whistling:

Back
Top Bottom