Crown Princess Victoria's Birthday (Victoriadagen) - July 14: 2002-2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yes, very beautiful picture! She looks like she´s really happy...

(grump, grump, groan, groan)

.... same old, same old

same pic as the year before ...... big make-over when she annouces her engagement, perchance ?

she once said she would like to continue celebrating her birthday in public... as long as someone shows up :)

what years have princess lilian been at her birthday on Öland?

Yennie said:
she once said she would like to continue celebrating her birthday in public... as long as someone shows up :)

That's the spirit! Heck, I'd do the same! :D

Moonlightrhapsody said:
That's the spirit! Heck, I'd do the same! :D

The more I learn about Victoria, the more I like her. I concur, Moonlightrhapsody! I think that's great! :)

Here´s one more photo from her birthday. Perhaps its somewhere else in this thread aswell, but I dont have time to check all the links :)

so here it is! she looks lovely!

Attachments

• birthday.JPG
    birthday.JPG
    27.3 KB · Views: 297
The 28th birthday - 14 July, 2005

The summer is closing in on us again, and soon it will that time of year again - time for the Crown Princess' birthday, this year it's her 28th! So once again she's closing in another year on the "magic" 30's!

Today there are 56 days left until her birthday (no I'm not crazy, I promise :D), and this year it will fall on a Thursday.

Please post all things related to the Victoria Day 2005 here - information, pictures, press clips etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
The first info about this year's celebrations in Borgholm on the island of Öland has arrived - the first artist and the host are booked!

Artists:

daniel1ts.jpg

Daniel Lindström, young Swedish artist who won the Swedish Idol in 2004 who has been on the charts ever since

lagaylia8oi.jpg

LaGaylia Frazier, experienced artist who "emigrated" from the USA to Sweden in 2000

martin1iz.jpg

Martin Stenmarck, a multi-faceted artist who is Sweden's representative in the Eurovision Song Contest this year

Host:

And according to some newspaper I read (don't remember which right now), Mark Levengood will be the host of the event.

mark385.jpg

Mark Levengood, one of the country's most popular programme hosts. A Finn-Swede with a wonderful accent and sense of humour.

Last edited:
Yikes this year has gone quick!!!

I can't believe that it is nearly that time of year already! :eek:

Is there going to be a whole week of b-day stuff or is everything just going to happen on the 14th?

robby86 said:
Is there going to be a whole week of b-day stuff or is everything just going to happen on the 14th?
Just during the 14th. There's a congratulatory call at Solliden (the residence) in the day and in the afternoon/evening there's a celebration in Borgholm (the main city on Öland) which is televised and always includs a pre-recorded little interview as well as a show with music, and of course Victoria awards the Victoria Scholarship to an athlete.

According to Aftonbladet the boyband Il Divo will perform on stage on Victoria´s birthday. I´ve never heard of them (but as we have learned, Lena even doesn´t know destiny´s child ;) )
The organiser of the show, Kay Wiestål, says, that they can sing like Andrea Bocelli and that they are very handsome, besides he says, that Victoria and Madeleine will be "stormförtjusta" (hm, hard to translate...taken by them in storm/in love with them at once).
Kai also says, that it would be great, when Daniel Westling would come and he says it isn´t impossible. Of course Aftonbladet makes it sound like a fact. What do you think? Will Westling appear, or will her never, as long as he´s Mr. Westling and not prince Daniel?

Il Divo:
NYHETER-24s20-divo-fria-136_368.jpg

Article:
http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/nyheter/story/0,2789,649691,00.html

Il Divo!!!!!!!!!

I nearly jumped out of my chair! Il Divo!!!!!!!!!!!:) ;)

Oh I love them!!!

I have their album I think it is great. Lucky Victoria!:) :cool:

I don´t think that Daniel will be allowed to participate in the gala performence, but just in the informal and private celebrations, just like the other years...

Who knows, perhaps he will be allowed to sit in the audience, like Emma has done some years. Or there really will be an announcement.
But ofcourse, it could be a publicity stunt to...

An engagement announcement is hard to believe/imagine. I´m still clinging on a summer wedding. So they would be one year engaged and that´s IMO a bit too long.
But like Yennie I could imagine him there. Of course sitting in the "friends row", behind the Royal family and together with female and male friends of Victoria.

robby86 said:
What country are they from?
They all come from different countries. The US, France, Switzerland and Spain.

ACJ´s cryptic comments to Kändisnytt regarding the partners of the Royal children and their presence at the show:

We haven´t gotten any informations, that one of the partners of the young Royals will be present at Solliden and/or at the show to celebrate the Victoria day in Borgholm, says Ann-Christine Jernberg, the chef of the Royal press department, to Kändisnytt
To celebrate the Victoria day is obviously a repeating element every summer, which is-as I understand it-really liked/appreciated of the Royal family.

Is it so, that the Royal couple doesn´t want the partners of the children to be with them this year?
We just went quickly through the Royal part, that will happen on the sports field, I don´t know more and can´t comment on more

And concerning Daniel Westling?
-I promise, the day I can say more about that, I will answer on all questions.

Kändisnytt guesses, that the king could be tired of all the speculations and that he has now forbidden the partners of the Royal children to come

http://www.kandisnytt.com/page.php?news=345

I think it would be a pity, when they wouldn´t come. For me this years show sounds a bit boring (though a nice member here from the United Kingdom wouldn´t agree ;) ) so a little highlight in form of Danne would be very nice...

Well, I think, that Daniel W. won't be there this year. Perhaps they want to be sure that he will make a really good impression as future-husband of the crown princess until they dare to present him officially. You know, there is a lot of rumours about his education, behaviour and so on. So I think that they'll wait until he has finished "prince-school"...;)

Il Divo is fantastic, they were 'discovered' by Simon Cowell (who is one of the judges on American Idol), after a search worldwide that lasted for 2 years.

30th Birthday

Do you think there will be a fairly big celebration for when she turns 30?

Gita said:
Do you think there will be a fairly big celebration for when she turns 30?

That´s an interesting question. My guess is, that it will be a bit like her 25th birthday- which would mean, that many of her Royal and non-Royal friends would attend the show.
But there are a few questions left: I´m not a clairvoyant and I was often wrong, but I´m pretty sure, that Victoria would be married in 2007. And it could even be, that she would become mother in 2007 or that we would see her with a big bump. So I wonder, how this would affect the party and if Victoria (later) will change the "Victoria day" to the "name of the first born day"

Wedding/babies

Yes that is interesting Lena. I can't imagine Victoria and Daniel will still be at the dating stage two years from now! I think if they don't marry or at least get engaged next year then they will split up.

Back
Top Bottom