Crown Princess Victoria's Birthday (Victoriadagen) - July 14: 2002-2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
a few photos from facetoface :

Victoria with her daddy...

and more of the birthday girl with her beautiful red roses

Very funny of Victoria to hide behind her roses..

Last edited:
"Happy Birthday princess Victoria"

Thankss for the photos :)

BurberryBrit said:
Maybe you didn't mean it in a negative way, but this is incredibly offensive and ridiculous. So are people with dark skin just blobs of "darkness" to you?

No it wasn't meant in a negative way, so there's no reason to get upset. :rolleyes:

soCal girl said:
Thank you for the video, Lena! I love to hear royals speak :D. Can anybody provide a rough translation of what Victoria is saying? Thank you so much!

Actually she doesn´t tell much special...the reporter asks her, what she wanted most for her birthday and she says "Nice weather" and that this has worked out (she says this actually every year ;)) And then she says, that she is very happy and that now as this TV camera is around, she wants to take the chance to thank everyone, who came...this (support) warms very much and helps her through maybe little tougher days...

Last edited:
More pictures from the day :) (From Bruno Press):

Attachments

• Victoria 18.jpg
    Victoria 18.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 762
  • Victoria 19.jpg
    Victoria 19.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 186
  • Victoria 20.jpg
    Victoria 20.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 262
  • Victoria 21.jpg
    Victoria 21.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 239
  • Victoria 22.jpg
    Victoria 22.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 296
  • Victoria 23.jpg
    Victoria 23.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 237
  • Victoria 24.jpg
    Victoria 24.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 758
  • Victoria 25.jpg
    Victoria 25.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 253
  • Victoria 26.jpg
    Victoria 26.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 233
  • Victoria 27.jpg
    Victoria 27.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 207
Lena said:
Actually she doesn´t tell much special...the reporter asks her, what she wanted most for her birthday and she says "Nice weather" and that this has worked out (she says this actually every year ;)) And then she says, that she is very happy and that now as this TV camera is around, she wants to take the chance to thank everyone, who came...this (support) warms very much and helps her through maybe little tougher days...

"Nice weather" is a very diplomatic answer! :D

soCal girl said:
I'm glad Madeleine's back but her tan :eek: , I thought we got over it. It was really bad in St. Tropez last summer but it cooled off during the winter/spring and now it's back! At least she's in Sweden and I really liked her hair :). She looked really elegant in white too.

I'm living in NYC and really, the sun hasn't been THAT strong enough to warrant a tan like that! :p We've been having a minor heatwave, and the sun has been strong, but wow...

BurberryBrit said:
Maybe you didn't mean it in a negative way, but this is incredibly offensive and ridiculous. So are people with dark skin just blobs of "darkness" to you?

Oh what's the point in taking it so seriously? :confused:
If somebody says something not-so-nice about somebody it is immediately offensive on this board. Why can't one express one's opinion without being told off? :confused:
Otherwise it is unfair to say "people with dark skin" because Madeleine skin is probably fair....this tan is very unnatural and yes it looks awful and makes her look old.

melike2 said:
BurberryBrit said:

Oh what's the point in taking it so seriously? :confused:
If somebody says something not-so-nice about somebody it is immediately offensive on this board. Why can't one express one's opinion without being told off? :confused:
Otherwise it is unfair to say "people with dark skin" because Madeleine skin is probably fair....this tan is very unnatural and yes it looks awful and makes her look old.
I can see this particular issue has the potential to erupt into an argument, so I'll make one comment, and then we can leave it. This is not the thread for such discussions.

BurberryBrit, I'm sure rchat did not mean any offence with the comments made about not being able to see Madeleine's face. As melike2 brings up, she should be naturally pale, and tanning to this degree is 1) not good for her, and 2) makes her skin-colour look unnatural. That is not being racist to people who naturally have darker skin, so do not turn a comment into some attack on race. Did rchat say anything about people with dark skin? No, she was talking about Madeleine's tan. You changed around what was said.

I'll use an example here. I'm incredibly pale. I tried tanning last week because it was winter and if it was a disaster, no one would see it. Well it was a complete and utter failure. I looked orange and very dark. If I did my whole body like Madeline, people would say to me that I looked dark. It would be dark in comparison to my normal colouring. That is all that is being said here. Madeleine is dark in comparison to her normal colouring. Saying you could hardly see her face, probably was not the best wording, but since she’s darker (and a little orangey), you can’t see some of the features one would normally see. Like small freckles for example.

If anyone has anymore questions about this, please feel free to (politely) PM me, ysbel or GrandDuchess. I do not want this issue being discussed on the forum. This is really about Victoria's birthday and not about Madeline’s tanning habits!

Thank you!

Danielle
Swedish Royal Forums Moderator

Wow all photos is elegant on Crown Princess Victoria in Borgholm 14 july. Crown Princess Victoria is much beautiful and elegant with flowers!!!! Royal family with aunt princess Lilian visit to Solliden on Borgholm birthday Crown princess Victoria. Crown princess Victoria is much happy his birthday 14 july on Borgholm!!!! Happy Birthday !!!!

Hello;
I have a question!

Why does the queen and Victoria wear the same and Madeleine don't wear it???

Just to make this clear for all members who may not have read my previous post: if there is any more discussion of Madeleine’s tan, skin colouring, racism, etc, not only will the posts be deleted, but the member who posted may face a possible suspension or be banned.

I have given one warning, this will be the second. I shouldn’t have to do that. And just so everyone is crystal-clear: I am not deleting these posts because I’m a racist or a ‘white supremacist’ or whatever anyone else wants to come up with. I am doing this because it violates the rules we have in place here at TRF. It leads to arguments and personal attacks, and frankly is not tolerated.

If anyone wishes to discuss this further, please PM me!

Danielle
Swedish Royal Forums Moderator

I think these are some different pictures from the big day (I like the one where Victoria is "shhh"ing :D) From Yahoo/Reuters:

Attachments

• Victoria 28.jpg
    Victoria 28.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 417
  • Victoria 29.jpg
    Victoria 29.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 434
  • Victoria 30.jpg
    Victoria 30.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 256
  • Victoria 31.jpg
    Victoria 31.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 261
  • Victoria 32.jpg
    Victoria 32.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 225
I wonder what they will do for her 30th next year? I think it will be big like her 25th. Perhaphs even bigger?

Once again I was in the Peruvian rain forest on the 14th, so first and for most HAPPY belated BIRTHDAY to Crown Princess Victoria. And I want to thank all of you for the pics. She is a beautiful woman.

GrandDuchess said:
No birthday interview with Victoria this year - the King has stopped it!

I could not believe my ears when I heard on the radio after getting back home yesterday, that this year there will be no annual birthday interview with Crown Princess Victoria!! :eek: This has become a tradition, to have a birthday interview included in the televised programme from her official birthday celebrations at the island of Öland.

I did some online searching and found an article in Göteborgs Posten about it. Apparently the King has stopped the interview this year, he thinks the media pressure has been to great and wants the family to pause...

- The King feels that there has been a lot of inteviews during the spring, and he feels that he needs to pause, she says. (my comment: he needs to pause, but he doesn't do Victoria's interviews, or was he planning to dress up as his daughter for this year's interview? :D I'd understood if it was the King who wanted a break, he's been doing inteviews non-stop this spring, before his 60th, but Victoria doesn't give interviews that often, so every missed opportunity is very apparent)

A small segment from the work of the Victoria Fund, with the Crown Princess visiting a canooing club, has already been recorded (that's also tradition, that they film her visiting one of the projects that has received funds). But there will be no other interview to replace the traditional one.

http://www.gp.se/gp/jsp/Crosslink.jsp?d=286&a=283638

This is kinda sad but from what i've read it seems the king and queen have a love hate relationship with the press in general!! VICTORIA LOOKED GR8T - I LOVE THE DRESS SHE WORE!!!!!

Last edited:
The King may think the royal family is getting overexposed.

a few more pictures of Victoria with her roses

well, her mother also got roses..

(from UPPA)

Last edited:
Thank you Jess, the pictures of the Crown Princess with the roses are really lovely! :flowers:

I remember reading somewhere, in the beginning of July, that this year they were importing a special kind of Viktoria roses that can be over 2 meters high (as we saw in the pictures, they are big), from Ecuador in South America. Every year the flower dealers of Sweden sell roses and sometimes other flowers to support Crown Princess Victoria's Fund (The Victoria Fund) around her name- and birthday. A lovely tradition. The bakers' and confectioners' trade organization does the same.

Thank you, purple_platinum, for still finding and posting more beautiful pictures of the birthday-girl. Your efforts are very much appreciated!

it's my pleasure, GrandDuchess & Susanne...

here are several more pictures from the morning at Solliden Castle :

(from stella/uppa)

Last edited:
Thanks Jess for posting the lovely pictures of the birthday!

By zumapress are more pictures also from visit the royal couple in China. Do you can post in the forum in larger version? (thanks so much in advance).

Victoria looked lovely both in her dress and in national costume. She has really beautiful smile, like her mom.:)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom