Crown Princess Victoria is Pregnant - Due March 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If she were expecting twins, wouldn't the Court have announced that as well ? I mean, what would be the point of concealing that particular information ?

Twin pregnancies are more complicated than single ones, there could be also posibility that something happens to one baby. Anyway that knollage would make a huge hassle in media.

I am not saying she is going to have twins, but her baby bump is big for those early weeks.

Is there any reason why the royal court would not announce the correct expected date for the new baby? If they say the birth is expected in March I should think I am inclined to believe them rather than doubt it. Why wouldn't I?!

For several reasons. If the child is expected late february or early march, I would understand if they said march. Two, on the pictures taken on the french Riviera in early august, she really looks pregnant. And I don't mean 8 weeks pregnant.. Crown Princess Victoria is pregnant again? | NEWMYROYALS & HOLLYWOOD FASHION
Third, it's human. The media is going to be crazy over here when we get closer to the due date. If the court would have said february, and she doesn't give birth until early march, the media frenzy will last even longer. Putting the official due date a bit later than expected isn't exactly unheard of, both for royals and family/friends of ordinary people like me.

Just an off the wall observation here but most times with a second child, the pregnancy will become more visible earlier as those areas that expand as the fetus grows have already been "loosened up" so to speak by the first child. I call it the rubber band theory. Once a rubber band has been stretched out, it'll never totally go back to its original tautness. With this in mind, I think that everything released in statements is how things are.

Judging from this statistics, and the pictures of her baby bump that was clearly visible over a month ago (at the french Riviera), I would say that she's further along than 12 weeks. But on the other hand, I wouldn't mind if she was due in march, expecting Twins... :)
Wouldn't that be fun! :flowers:

If she had to have IVF that would explain her tummy as that is a side effect. I'm not saying she did need IVF but IMO it's likely. I think if they say march then it's march

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Well, from my own experience I can say that the second child shows earlier and more. Like someone wrote earlier, everything has already been stretched before and so does it again faster. I showed a lot more and earlier with my second child. And I had complete strangers come up to me and ask if I was carying twins. Very rude, I personally thought. So no IVF needed to produce V's belly.

Well, from my own experience I can say that the second child shows earlier and more. Like someone wrote earlier, everything has already been stretched before and so does it again faster. I showed a lot more and earlier with my second child. And I had complete strangers come up to me and ask if I was carying twins. Very rude, I personally thought. So no IVF needed to produce V's belly.
:previous: This.

With my second, I looked exactly the same as CP Victoria did at eight weeks when she was at the French Riviera. With your second pregnancy, the body knows exactly what to do. It was so hard to hide my baby-bump from family and friends during weeks 8-13.

Remember how big she was very early on in her first pregnancy. We all speculated that she was much further along than what we were told. I was sure she would give birth before the end of the year. Yet she delivered within a reasonable timeframe of the published time and a normal size baby. CP Victoria simply carries her babies in her own way.

:previous: I agree. And, if the baby arrives a little early they will merely say she must have been a little further along than thought. It leaves a little wiggle and, the only way they would know exactly is if it were conceived via IVF.

:previous: I agree. And, if the baby arrives a little early they will merely say she must have been a little further along than thought. It leaves a little wiggle and, the only way they would know exactly is if it were conceived via IVF.

But even then exact birth-dates are still unknown
Babies come when it is their time even when they are IVF babies:flowers:
You only know a bit more exact the date when they were made

Last edited:
Remember how big she was very early on in her first pregnancy. We all speculated that she was much further along than what we were told. I was sure she would give birth before the end of the year. Yet she delivered within a reasonable timeframe of the published time and a normal size baby. CP Victoria simply carries her babies in her own way.

That's true. I remember Mom saying when HRH was expecting Estelle and seeing the pictures, that some Women just look Pregnant all over, and Victoria certainly looked like one of those Women. I also remember how leading to the Nobel Festivities that year just how big Victoria was, and then about two weeks before, she suddenly wasn't. Remember how her second gown just literally hung on her that year? Yet two weeks before I'm sure it fit her perfectly.

It seems this is what Pregnancy does to Victoria's body for the first few months. Nothing to worry or wonder about.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Svensk Damtidning's reporter Liv Sander tells about how she met Daniel at the Sports Day last Sunday and talked about the new baby. Around them were hundreds of children, among them the children of Daniel's and Victoria's friends Niklas and Anna Ek.
Congratulations! Can you describe your feelings to be a father of two?
- You know how it is when I explain my feelings? They are all over the place! It feels so great, but there is still long time to go and we keep our fingers crossed so that everything goes well. We are really happy about this. Victoria is feeling great.
What does princess Estelle say?
- She is very enthusiastic and happy over this.
Has she practiced with her cousins during the summer?
- Yes, she has! Above all, she has many older friends and even cousins who have shown how one behaves with younger children, so she has had a good training.

I just wanted to dedicate my first post (presentation aside) to Victoria and Daniel.
I usually don't get too much moved or even happy when royals make baby announcements; I think " Oh, good for them, hope for a healthy pregnancy" and then I don't really care until the baby is born.
But when Vic and Dan announced the coming of their second baby I felt so good and so happy! Also it took me a while to realize a huge smile had appeared on my face. I never thought I could so get attached to somebody I don't even know and will probably never even see from afar.
I don't know, maybe I'm just stupid, but if you ask me it speaks volumes about how amazing these two are.
Wish them all the best.

Yes I'm really happy too especially as I really thought they were struggling to get number two (from the rather long gap and the Victoria's age)

Honestly, the two siblings will be 4 years old apart... that's a perfect time gap IMO. I know that it's common for the royal families to have a baby quickly after the first one but it's not always the case... I was more worried for the age too though.

But now Estelle is going to be big sis, and her parents are going to be successful and caring parents for the second time!

Honestly, the two siblings will be 4 years old apart... that's a perfect time gap IMO. I know that it's common for the royal families to have a baby quickly after the first one but it's not always the case... I was more worried for the age too though.

But now Estelle is going to be big sis, and her parents are going to be successful and caring parents for the second time!

And Estelle, as the heir-to-the-heir, had the full attention of her parents during a pivotal time in her maturation. :flowers: Of course we will never know why there was a longish gap but the gap is nice to have. I have a similar one with my two and it is working out well. :flowers:

A number of bickering posts have been deleted.

Provided that the nicknames are respectful, they may be used.

I just wanted to dedicate my first post (presentation aside) to Victoria and Daniel.
I usually don't get too much moved or even happy when royals make baby announcements; I think " Oh, good for them, hope for a healthy pregnancy" and then I don't really care until the baby is born.
But when Vic and Dan announced the coming of their second baby I felt so good and so happy! Also it took me a while to realize a huge smile had appeared on my face. I never thought I could so get attached to somebody I don't even know and will probably never even see from afar.
I don't know, maybe I'm just stupid, but if you ask me it speaks volumes about how amazing these two are.
Wish them all the best.

Hi Yashal,
first, welcome on the board.
And I really looooved your comment, because I felt the same. Maybe it has to do with the fact, that both of them are so super-sweet and nice "normal" Royals, where emotions and interest of the People are really coming out of their heart.
Ort it is, that V has to fight so hard for her love. Or that they both seems to fight so hard for their pregnancies. So I really feel the same. And I really really with them the best for a healthy delivery. Much more than any other Royal!
BYe Bine

And Estelle, as the heir-to-the-heir, had the full attention of her parents during a pivotal time in her maturation. :flowers: Of course we will never know why there was a longish gap but the gap is nice to have. I have a similar one with my two and it is working out well. :flowers:

Agree with you:flowers:. (I know it is off topic) but I am also a bit frustrated and surprised that people think that the name "Estelle" is weird. I mean, it 's totally uncommon between they royal families of Europe but it is very beautiful IMO and at least a bit refreshing. Come on, if for every royal child the chosen names were all variants of Amalia, Leonores etc we would soon get bored. :lol:

Agree with you:flowers:. (I know it is off topic) but I am also a bit frustrated and surprised that people think that the name "Estelle" is weird. I mean, it 's totally uncommon between they royal families of Europe but it is very beautiful IMO and at least a bit refreshing. Come on, if for every royal child the chosen names were all variants of Amalia, Leonores etc we would soon get bored. :lol:
I agree with you. I find Estelle a beautiful name. Desiree, Silvia, Louise and Sibylla are names brought to Sweden by foreign spouses so some of the names we now consider suitable for a royal baby are just as foreign as Estelle.

I had this conversation with a neighbour recently, I always think whilst it is fun to discuss names, the bottom line it is down to the parents. Personally I cannot imagine Estelle being called anything else but I am a blatant fan of children who appear to be sweet natured and polite. She and her cousin steal the show from all the adults.

As the meaning of the name Estelle is star, I think little Estelle has very much lived up to her name. She really twinkles wherever she goes and and is a star not only in her mom and dad's eyes, but to all that see her.

There has also already been an Estelle in the SRF; Countess Estelle Bernadotte (originally American IIRC). I think she was even Princess Estelle's namesake because of her charity work, or something like that. So Estelle isn't really unusual, though it did come across as a big surprise to me and many other royal watchers at the time, because we are more used to royals getting traditional names.

The eldest child of Christina de Geer, Princess Victoria's cousin, is also called Estelle.
Christina is a daughter of princess Désirée of Sweden en baron Niclas Silfverschioeld.
Christina's son Ian was one of the pages at Victoria's wedding

Which brings up the sex and name of the new little sprout. :flowers: Is there a thread started? I'm rooting for a boy (of course). Name......hmmmmm........Jack!

I had this conversation with a neighbour recently, I always think whilst it is fun to discuss names, the bottom line it is down to the parents. Personally I cannot imagine Estelle being called anything else but I am a blatant fan of children who appear to be sweet natured and polite. She and her cousin steal the show from all the adults.

There has also already been an Estelle in the SRF; Countess Estelle Bernadotte (originally American IIRC). I think she was even Princess Estelle's namesake because of her charity work, or something like that. So Estelle isn't really unusual, though it did come across as a big surprise to me and many other royal watchers at the time, because we are more used to royals getting traditional names.

I've always had a non-traditional and unconventional vibe from Victoria and Daniel;). I hope this child will be have an uncommon name too:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom