The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2015, 03:22 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I agree. And, if the baby arrives a little early they will merely say she must have been a little further along than thought. It leaves a little wiggle and, the only way they would know exactly is if it were conceived via IVF.

But even then exact birth-dates are still unknown
Babies come when it is their time even when they are IVF babies
You only know a bit more exact the date when they were made

Old 09-10-2015, 03:35 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post
Remember how big she was very early on in her first pregnancy. We all speculated that she was much further along than what we were told. I was sure she would give birth before the end of the year. Yet she delivered within a reasonable timeframe of the published time and a normal size baby. CP Victoria simply carries her babies in her own way.

That's true. I remember Mom saying when HRH was expecting Estelle and seeing the pictures, that some Women just look Pregnant all over, and Victoria certainly looked like one of those Women. I also remember how leading to the Nobel Festivities that year just how big Victoria was, and then about two weeks before, she suddenly wasn't. Remember how her second gown just literally hung on her that year? Yet two weeks before I'm sure it fit her perfectly.

It seems this is what Pregnancy does to Victoria's body for the first few months. Nothing to worry or wonder about.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Old 09-10-2015, 08:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

Svensk Damtidning's reporter Liv Sander tells about how she met Daniel at the Sports Day last Sunday and talked about the new baby. Around them were hundreds of children, among them the children of Daniel's and Victoria's friends Niklas and Anna Ek.
Congratulations! Can you describe your feelings to be a father of two?
- You know how it is when I explain my feelings? They are all over the place! It feels so great, but there is still long time to go and we keep our fingers crossed so that everything goes well. We are really happy about this. Victoria is feeling great.
What does princess Estelle say?
- She is very enthusiastic and happy over this.
Has she practiced with her cousins during the summer?
- Yes, she has! Above all, she has many older friends and even cousins who have shown how one behaves with younger children, so she has had a good training.
Old 09-12-2015, 06:52 PM
Aristocracy

I just wanted to dedicate my first post (presentation aside) to Victoria and Daniel.
I usually don't get too much moved or even happy when royals make baby announcements; I think " Oh, good for them, hope for a healthy pregnancy" and then I don't really care until the baby is born.
But when Vic and Dan announced the coming of their second baby I felt so good and so happy! Also it took me a while to realize a huge smile had appeared on my face. I never thought I could so get attached to somebody I don't even know and will probably never even see from afar.
I don't know, maybe I'm just stupid, but if you ask me it speaks volumes about how amazing these two are.
Wish them all the best.
Old 09-13-2015, 07:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes I'm really happy too especially as I really thought they were struggling to get number two (from the rather long gap and the Victoria's age)
Old 09-13-2015, 09:22 AM
Majesty

Honestly, the two siblings will be 4 years old apart... that's a perfect time gap IMO. I know that it's common for the royal families to have a baby quickly after the first one but it's not always the case... I was more worried for the age too though.

But now Estelle is going to be big sis, and her parents are going to be successful and caring parents for the second time!
Old 09-13-2015, 11:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
Honestly, the two siblings will be 4 years old apart... that's a perfect time gap IMO. I know that it's common for the royal families to have a baby quickly after the first one but it's not always the case... I was more worried for the age too though.

But now Estelle is going to be big sis, and her parents are going to be successful and caring parents for the second time!
And Estelle, as the heir-to-the-heir, had the full attention of her parents during a pivotal time in her maturation. Of course we will never know why there was a longish gap but the gap is nice to have. I have a similar one with my two and it is working out well.
Old 09-14-2015, 05:25 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

A number of bickering posts have been deleted.

Provided that the nicknames are respectful, they may be used.
Old 09-14-2015, 06:53 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yashal View Post
I just wanted to dedicate my first post (presentation aside) to Victoria and Daniel.
I usually don't get too much moved or even happy when royals make baby announcements; I think " Oh, good for them, hope for a healthy pregnancy" and then I don't really care until the baby is born.
But when Vic and Dan announced the coming of their second baby I felt so good and so happy! Also it took me a while to realize a huge smile had appeared on my face. I never thought I could so get attached to somebody I don't even know and will probably never even see from afar.
I don't know, maybe I'm just stupid, but if you ask me it speaks volumes about how amazing these two are.
Wish them all the best.

Hi Yashal,
first, welcome on the board.
And I really looooved your comment, because I felt the same. Maybe it has to do with the fact, that both of them are so super-sweet and nice "normal" Royals, where emotions and interest of the People are really coming out of their heart.
Ort it is, that V has to fight so hard for her love. Or that they both seems to fight so hard for their pregnancies. So I really feel the same. And I really really with them the best for a healthy delivery. Much more than any other Royal!
BYe Bine
Old 09-14-2015, 09:25 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
And Estelle, as the heir-to-the-heir, had the full attention of her parents during a pivotal time in her maturation. Of course we will never know why there was a longish gap but the gap is nice to have. I have a similar one with my two and it is working out well.
Agree with you. (I know it is off topic) but I am also a bit frustrated and surprised that people think that the name "Estelle" is weird. I mean, it 's totally uncommon between they royal families of Europe but it is very beautiful IMO and at least a bit refreshing. Come on, if for every royal child the chosen names were all variants of Amalia, Leonores etc we would soon get bored.
Old 09-14-2015, 12:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Agree with you. (I know it is off topic) but I am also a bit frustrated and surprised that people think that the name "Estelle" is weird. I mean, it 's totally uncommon between they royal families of Europe but it is very beautiful IMO and at least a bit refreshing. Come on, if for every royal child the chosen names were all variants of Amalia, Leonores etc we would soon get bored.
I agree with you. I find Estelle a beautiful name. Desiree, Silvia, Louise and Sibylla are names brought to Sweden by foreign spouses so some of the names we now consider suitable for a royal baby are just as foreign as Estelle.
Old 09-14-2015, 02:14 PM
Courtier

I had this conversation with a neighbour recently, I always think whilst it is fun to discuss names, the bottom line it is down to the parents. Personally I cannot imagine Estelle being called anything else but I am a blatant fan of children who appear to be sweet natured and polite. She and her cousin steal the show from all the adults.
Old 09-14-2015, 02:26 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
As the meaning of the name Estelle is star, I think little Estelle has very much lived up to her name. She really twinkles wherever she goes and and is a star not only in her mom and dad's eyes, but to all that see her.
Old 09-14-2015, 02:32 PM
Courtier

Star by name and star by nature, eh? :)
Old 09-14-2015, 06:11 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
There has also already been an Estelle in the SRF; Countess Estelle Bernadotte (originally American IIRC). I think she was even Princess Estelle's namesake because of her charity work, or something like that. So Estelle isn't really unusual, though it did come across as a big surprise to me and many other royal watchers at the time, because we are more used to royals getting traditional names.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 09-14-2015, 07:24 PM
Serene Highness

The eldest child of Christina de Geer, Princess Victoria's cousin, is also called Estelle.
Christina is a daughter of princess Désirée of Sweden en baron Niclas Silfverschioeld.
Christina's son Ian was one of the pages at Victoria's wedding
Old 09-14-2015, 10:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Which brings up the sex and name of the new little sprout. Is there a thread started? I'm rooting for a boy (of course). Name......hmmmmm........Jack!
Old 09-15-2015, 12:39 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
Which brings up the sex and name of the new little sprout. Is there a thread started? I'm rooting for a boy (of course). Name......hmmmmm........Jack!
There is a thread Lady Nimue: Sex, names, godparents and Duchy of Victoria's and Daniel's second child
Old 09-15-2015, 02:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincessJava View Post
Thank you, CrownPrincessJava. Off I go!
Old 09-15-2015, 04:30 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeybees View Post
I had this conversation with a neighbour recently, I always think whilst it is fun to discuss names, the bottom line it is down to the parents. Personally I cannot imagine Estelle being called anything else but I am a blatant fan of children who appear to be sweet natured and polite. She and her cousin steal the show from all the adults.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
There has also already been an Estelle in the SRF; Countess Estelle Bernadotte (originally American IIRC). I think she was even Princess Estelle's namesake because of her charity work, or something like that. So Estelle isn't really unusual, though it did come across as a big surprise to me and many other royal watchers at the time, because we are more used to royals getting traditional names.
I've always had a non-traditional and unconventional vibe from Victoria and Daniel. I hope this child will be have an uncommon name too