Crown Princess Victoria is Pregnant - Due March 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Svensk Damtidning's article says that according to the latest information Victoria is thinking to give birth home at Haga Palace. Victoria loves traditions and "closing circles". The king and three of his sisters were born at Haga Palace. And queen Silvia gave birth to Carl Philip at Royal Palace and Madeleine at Drottningholm Palace. What may speak against giving birth at home is that Victoria is a modern woman and knows the risks what giving birth at home has, although all doctors will be there. Perhaps it isn't quite the same than at the hospital though.
Another alternative is of course the Karolinska University Hospital, were Estelle was born. Victoria and Daniel had asked that they would be treated like any other couple coming to give birth. Afterwards Victoria and Daniel were very satisfied to the work of the hospital staff and doctor Lennart Nordström. And the hospital is very close to Haga Palace.
Svensk Damtidning doesn't think that Victoria would choose BB Sophia (Maternity ward) at Sophiahemmet, the private hospital in Stockholm. Many of Victoria's friends have given birth there. But down-to-earth Victoria will hardly choose BB Sophia, which is often called "luxury-maternity ward".

@Lady Finn - I'm not sure about this story. There would not be as much risk for Victoria to give birth at Haga as opposed to an average woman giving birth in her home because the Crown Princess Couple would practically have a maternity ward set up on the property.

I don't see her giving birth at home. If she was so keen on tradition she would have given birth to Estelle at home.

Victoria's first birth was very down played, no special treatment, no big show as with some royals. I don't see her going to the expense of turning Haga into a maternity suite for one birth. Nor do I see her going for a 'midwife' home birth in a pool or something.

Honestly think she will give birth same place she had Estelle.

I also doubt Victoria will give birth at home. Most modern European royals have given birth in hospital. Since Estelle was born in the hospital I think her sibling will be too, unless Victoria will be in a circumstance where she has to give birth at home, which I think will be unlikely.

I think the only way that could happen is if something happens that makes it imperative that baby comes NOW and they can't wait. But that is thankfully highly unlikely.

If it was an emergency and imperative the baby come Now, it would be even more unlikely for the baby to be at home. Home births are one thing if the pregnancy and labor are progressing normally. If there is problems with labor/the baby, and the baby needs to come out, no doctor would ever recommend it at home, unless snowed it and unable to get to a hospital. If a C-section or any other help may be required, that isn't something any doctor would advise at home, palace or not. So unless her water breaks and she gives birth in the back of her car on the way to the hospital or before they make it through the palace, the only way this would be a homebirth is if they plan it.

I don't think she'll give birth at home. If i remember correctly Svensk Damtidning wrote that 4 years ago too when we all waited for Estelle.

Although Carl-Philip and Madeleine was born at home i don't they'll do it nowdays. If (god forbid) anything would happen that requires intensive medical care, it would be a very bad idea to be at home. Especially as Karolinska University Hospital where both Victoria and Estelle was born is almost within walking distance from Haga Palace.

Last edited:
I agree with those who think that if Victoria were so keen on tradition of royal births at Haga, Estelle would have been born there. But she might be thinking that she'd be more comfortable at home the second time around. Estelle's birth was probably smooth, and who wants to be uprooted a few hours after birth? And she doesn't have to clean up the mess afterwards, either! In fact, if I were her, I'd probably opt for a home birth now that I think about it. :lol:

Somehow I believe that Victoria will go with the same procedure as for Estelle. Luxury maternity wards or equipping the Palace with a delivery/surgical suite is redundant as the hospital is so close, and the 'Palace' venue would be seen for what it is, conspicuous consumption.

Complications leading to the death of the mother or child or even both still happen and like it or not, Victoria's age puts her in the higher risk category.

I hope she will be going to the hospital like she did with Estelle. Giving birth at home is one thing when thing goes smoothly, but if the baby has a little problem than it's hell!
Nothing should beat the safety of an hospital for your child

I don't know why one should believe this story. Unless the baby is arrives very quick i don't see why Victoria shouldn't give birth to Karolinska Hospital as it was with her first pregnancy. On another note, I think her second child will be here by mid-february.:flowers:

I agree with those who think that if Victoria were so keen on tradition of royal births at Haga, Estelle would have been born there. But she might be thinking that she'd be more comfortable at home the second time around. Estelle's birth was probably smooth, and who wants to be uprooted a few hours after birth? And she doesn't have to clean up the mess afterwards, either! In fact, if I were her, I'd probably opt for a home birth now that I think about it. :lol:

We can also think that Victoria followed the tradition: she herself was born at the Karolinska University Hospital, and Estelle was born there too. Victoria left home from the hospital about 8 hours after giving birth. And about Victoria's age, queen Silvia was also 38 years old when she gave birth to Madeleine at the Drottningholm Palace.
I don't believe that Victoria will give birth at the Haga Palace, although on the other hand, it would be a great way to minimize the media fuss around the family and it's new member.

My point is, I would not be surprised if Victoria does opt for a home birth this time, for any one of a number of reasons. Nor would I be surprised if this never, ever occurred to her and the baby is born at the hospital. Just one of those stories that might be correct, or the tabloids may have guessed at right. I would not dismiss it out of hand (not that it matters, really, just a fun story) ;)

I think if she would give birth at home, there would be media headlines like "luxury maternity ward suit installed at Haga Palace" or "Reduced capacity at Karolinska Maternity Ward as Doctors and Nurses is at Haga Palace" etc etc.

Swedish media Loves to give the royal family negative publicity and Victoria is aware of that.

Svensk Damtidning is the same tabloid that wrote that Silvia is suffering from dementia etc... They don't know more than you and i do but their job is to make sensational headlines.

I think the best they can do is to do what they did last time. It wouldn't surprise me if "her doctor" is the same as last time.

SvenskDam announced that invitations to the Te Deum for the 2nd baby have been sent out:

Hovet förbereder sig för Te Deum | Svensk Damtidning

Isn't this a little soon given that Bernadotte-Westling no. 2 is due in March? Were invitations sent out early for Estelle? I know the tradition of naming the baby in front of the ministers (correct title?), naming the duchy, and having the Te Deum is within a short span of days, but the invitations still seem early. Madeleine is scheduled to come back to Sweden next week to attend the Childhood function with the queen. I feel that Victoria and Daniel's baby will be coming before March.

SvenskDam announced that invitations to the Te Deum for the 2nd baby have been sent out:

Hovet förbereder sig för Te Deum | Svensk Damtidning

Isn't this a little soon given that Bernadotte-Westling no. 2 is due in March? Were invitations sent out early for Estelle? I know the tradition of naming the baby in front of the ministers (correct title?), naming the duchy, and having the Te Deum is within a short span of days, but the invitations still seem early. Madeleine is scheduled to come back to Sweden next week to attend the Childhood function with the queen. I feel that Victoria and Daniel's baby will be coming before March.

I always thought it would be here before March - Estelle was early, I think this one will be too. I have no idea when Estelle's went out.

According to the Swedish royal family website Estelle's was sent out on February 1st and 2nd. Like this baby, Victoria was said to be due in March and with Estelle gave birth February 23rd.

Invitations to the Te Deum were sent out on 1 and 2 February 2012. This is because the Royal Court sends out invitations to major events around one month before the event takes place.

Tradition and customs on the occasion of a royal birth - Sveriges Kungahus

I wonder what the odds are that the baby will be born Feb 23rd?

I hope not, especially if another daughter. It will be hard enough growing up the spare without sharing your birthday with the heir to the throne. Especially if Estelle gets her own version of victoriadagen when her mum is queen. Let the baby, boy or girl, have their own birthday:flowers:

But I think it will be close. With her having an event planned on Monday, I am not expecting the baby before the end of next week at earliest. But I guess babies come on their own time. I wonder what happens with announcements and the teu deum if the baby comes while Grandpa King is in Japan??? I assume the cabinet meeting would be on hold, or would the king tell CP (who I assume would step up as regent if his sister gave birth) the title for the baby, and CP hold the meeting? I guess a matter of days on the counsel meeting and teu deum is not much of a matter and the king should be there.

Last edited:
I think that the baby's due date is on the last days of February or in the beginning of March, that I get when I look at Daniel's calendar.
Daniel visits on Tuesday 16th first LärVux in Gävle and in the evening he inaugurates Perslundskolan's new school (Daniel's old school) in Ockelbo. They are over 200 kilometres away from Stockholm.
And on Thursday 18th Daniel goes with Prince Daniel's Fellowship entrepreneurial programme to school visits in Borlänge, over 200 kilometres from Stockholm. That is a long day, normally these visits take about 6 hours at the schools plus travelling.
Both events are very important to Daniel - the inaugurating of his old school in Ockelbo and the Prince Daniel's Fellowship, which was founded on his initiative and where there are three busy business people with him and arrangements with the county administrative board, Borlänge municipality and the schools. I don't think that Daniel would have planned these events to these days, if the baby's due date would for instance 19th February and they were likely to be cancelled. While having followed the news about the Ockelbo school's inauguration, I think that the date has been adapted to Daniel's calendar.
On Monday 22nd Daniel has an event at the Stockholm stadion.
On 29th February-4th March there is a winter holiday at the schools of Stockholm and there aren't normally work events for the royal family that week.
Of course the baby can be born next week even if it's due date would be in the beginning of March.

I think it will be March
If the report in the Damtidning is correct the invitation for the Te Deum was sent on the 11th
For the birth of Estelle (23-2) the invitations were sent a week and a half earlier.

Birthdates for a second baby are likely or in general more likely exact than for the first one.

Last edited:
I think it will be March
If the report in the Damtidning is correct the invitation for the Te Deum was sent on the 11th
For the birth of Estelle (23-2) the invitations were sent a week and a half earlier.

Birthdates for a second baby are likely or in general more likely exact than for the first one.

Victoria confirmed that the due date is in early march. I think the baby will be born by the 11th.

Given that this is her second child I would say that the baby will arrive earlier.

I think it will be March

Svensk Damtidning's article is written on 11th February, but the article doesn't say that the invitations were sent on that day. The article says "According to our sources at the court the invitation to the Te Deum has been already sent out to those closest".

Victoria confirmed that the due date is in early march. I think the baby will be born by the 11th.

Given that this is her second child I would say that the baby will arrive earlier.

There is no rule that second babies come earlier.
First children tend to come later than due date.
If the princess confirms that due date is March, the baby most likely will be born around March

The princess was rather surprised about the twin-question.
If she should expect twins I am sure that there would have been an official announcement by now.

Even her huge belly does not say that she will give birth any day now
A lot of women have huge bellies and will give birth to tiny little babies around due time

Last edited:
Daniel doesn't seem to have any engagements between the 23rd and March 10. I would think the baby is due likely somewhere in the middle of that.

I wouldn't bet for sure on March. When she was pregnant with Estelle, they announced March just like this baby and she was born in February. Babies, whether first or second born, come when they come.

Daniel doesn't seem to have any engagements between the 23rd and March 10. I would think the baby is due likely somewhere in the middle of that.

I wouldn't bet for sure on March. When she was pregnant with Estelle, they announced March just like this baby and she was born in February. Babies, whether first or second born, come when they come.

I remember having read from somewhere that Victoria said after Estelle was born that Estelle's due date was in the turn of February and March, so obviously she came about a week earlier.

Expressen has a photo of the invitation to Te Deum sent to Prime minister Löfven and his wife. The Te Deum is at the Royal Chapel at 12.15 the day after the baby is born, and if the baby is born on Saturday, Te Deum is on Monday.
Hovets inbjudan till att fira den nya bebisen _ Nyheter _ Expressen
Translation

Last edited:
There is no rule that second babies come earlier.
First children tend to come later than due date.
If the princess confirms that due date is March, the baby most likely will be born around March

The princess was rather surprised about the twin-question.
If she should expect twins I am sure that there would have been an official announcement by now.

Even her huge belly does not say that she will give birth any day now
A lot of women have huge bellies and will give birth to tiny little babies around due time

The princess said early March. I assume that this baby's due date is more or less the same due date as it was with Princess Estelle.In early march Victoria must be around thr last week and I 'm pretty sure the baby will be here by March 1st...

It seems that the swedish royal house has the traditon add some extra week to the due date, in case babies arrive later... as it was for both Princess Victoria's first pregnancy and Princess Madeleine...

We can only wait of course... But I definetely think that March 11th is too late...

I've never said that Victoria is exepcting twins. I had my suspicions at first, but I'm sure she is having one baby, as she herself has repeatedly claimed.

It seems that the swedish royal house has the traditon add some extra week to the due date, in case babies arrive later... as it was for both Princess Victoria's first pregnancy and Princess Madeleine...

I do not think so. I think the days were said correctly but these ladies have tendency to give birth before due date. It goes by the way in genes, me and my sisters have the same, I have two sisters and of 11 of our babies only one waited till due date, all others were premature but fully developed. My obstetrician told me this predilection is hereditary.

I do not think so. I think the days were said correctly but these ladies have tendency to give birth before due date. It goes by the way in genes, me and my sisters have the same, I have two sisters and of 11 of our babies only one waited till due date, all others were premature but fully developed. My obstetrician told me this predilection is hereditary.

While I agree with you that both Victoria and Madeleine seem to have the disposition to give birth earlier I do think that Estelle and Leonore were due in late February rather than early March. For example, the press found out that Leonore's due date was February 25th. So, the palace was right to announce that the birth was expected in March.:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom