The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2015, 03:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Congratulations to Victoria, Daniel and Estelle! And to all four grandparents!
It was definitely a happy year for King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia - wedding of their son, birth of their youngest daughter's baby and now the pregnancy of the firstborn...

Old 09-08-2015, 02:14 AM
Royal Highness

I'm absolutely thrilled for Victoria, Daniel, and Estelle! I know that four years isn't uncommon at all between first and second children, but looking at the close gaps between the first and second children of their fellow crown princely couples (typically 18 months to 2 years) and the roughly 15 month gap between Princess Madeleine's two children, I was beginning to suspect that Estelle might be their only child. I'm so happy for them, and am hoping for a healthy mom and baby!

Old 09-08-2015, 03:04 AM
Commoner

So very wonderful news, I am so happy for them. They must be just over the moon.

This is just my hunch, but maybe there is coming twins, so early weeks and obvious baby bump.
Old 09-08-2015, 09:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondiini View Post
So very wonderful news, I am so happy for them. They must be just over the moon.

This is just my hunch, but maybe there is coming twins, so early weeks and obvious baby bump.
Either that or she is farther along than they are admitting.
Old 09-08-2015, 09:42 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
Either that or she is farther along than they are admitting.
I'm voting for this option. I mentioned before that the first pregnancy was announced on Aug 17'th, and Estelle was born Feb 23'rd.

This pregnancy was announced Sept 4'th. And the child is expected in March. (Or so they say).

Judging from this statistics, and the pictures of her baby bump that was clearly visible over a month ago (at the french Riviera), I would say that she's further along than 12 weeks. But on the other hand, I wouldn't mind if she was due in march, expecting Twins...
Old 09-08-2015, 10:04 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenobia View Post
I'm voting for this option. I mentioned before that the first pregnancy was announced on Aug 17'th, and Estelle was born Feb 23'rd.

This pregnancy was announced Sept 4'th. And the child is expected in March. (Or so they say).
They did tell the correct day last time, Estelle came little early. Most of babies came other than due date. Obstetricians say person has tendency to carry babies shorter or longer. If you have one baby early there is more likelihood to do the same with other pregnancies. It is also matter of genetics, sisters have pregnencies often same way. Madeline´s second was also early.
Old 09-08-2015, 10:10 AM
Super Moderator

Is there any reason why the royal court would not announce the correct expected date for the new baby? If they say the birth is expected in March I should think I am inclined to believe them rather than doubt it. Why wouldn't I?!
Old 09-08-2015, 10:17 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
Is there any reason why the royal court would not announce the correct expected date for the new baby? If they say the birth is expected in March I should think I am inclined to believe them rather than doubt it. Why wouldn't I?!
I have been wondering the same. I do not remember cases royal courts have been cheating with these expected days. Everybody knows it is not any sertain day baby is coming anyway.
Old 09-08-2015, 10:25 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondiini View Post
I have been wondering the same. I do not remember cases royal courts have been cheating with these expected days. Everybody knows it is not any sertain day baby is coming anyway.
Well, on the basis of what the Royal Court has announced, I will plump for a March birth and if it turns out to be February in the end, then I won't mind.

I guess that Victoria's doctors will have initially advised her how far due she was and that subsequent scans will provide further clues and that Victoria will have told the Palace and they, in turn, will have made the announcement.
Old 09-08-2015, 10:57 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:

Judging from this statistics, and the pictures of her baby bump that was clearly visible over a month ago (at the french Riviera), I would say that she's further along than 12 weeks. But on the other hand, I wouldn't mind if she was due in march, expecting Twins...

If she were expecting twins, wouldn't the Court have announced that as well ? I mean, what would be the point of concealing that particular information ?
Old 09-08-2015, 11:02 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
If she were expecting twins, wouldn't the Court have announced that as well ? I mean, what would be the point of concealing that particular information ?
Twin pregnancies are more complicated than single ones, there could be also posibility that something happens to one baby. Anyway that knollage would make a huge hassle in media.

I am not saying she is going to have twins, but her baby bump is big for those early weeks.
Old 09-08-2015, 11:29 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
For several reasons. If the child is expected late february or early march, I would understand if they said march. Two, on the pictures taken on the french Riviera in early august, she really looks pregnant. And I don't mean 8 weeks pregnant.. Crown Princess Victoria is pregnant again? | NEWMYROYALS & HOLLYWOOD FASHION
Third, it's human. The media is going to be crazy over here when we get closer to the due date. If the court would have said february, and she doesn't give birth until early march, the media frenzy will last even longer. Putting the official due date a bit later than expected isn't exactly unheard of, both for royals and family/friends of ordinary people like me.
Old 09-08-2015, 11:45 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Just an off the wall observation here but most times with a second child, the pregnancy will become more visible earlier as those areas that expand as the fetus grows have already been "loosened up" so to speak by the first child. I call it the rubber band theory. Once a rubber band has been stretched out, it'll never totally go back to its original tautness. With this in mind, I think that everything released in statements is how things are.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 09-08-2015, 01:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

Bunte has a Special site for Victoria's pregnancy
Special_ Victorias zweite Schwangerschaft _ BUNTE.de
Old 09-09-2015, 01:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Wouldn't that be fun!
Old 09-09-2015, 03:28 AM
Royal Highness

If she had to have IVF that would explain her tummy as that is a side effect. I'm not saying she did need IVF but IMO it's likely. I think if they say march then it's march

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 09-09-2015, 03:48 AM
Courtier

Well, from my own experience I can say that the second child shows earlier and more. Like someone wrote earlier, everything has already been stretched before and so does it again faster. I showed a lot more and earlier with my second child. And I had complete strangers come up to me and ask if I was carying twins. Very rude, I personally thought. So no IVF needed to produce V's belly.
Old 09-09-2015, 03:54 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLV View Post
Well, from my own experience I can say that the second child shows earlier and more. Like someone wrote earlier, everything has already been stretched before and so does it again faster. I showed a lot more and earlier with my second child. And I had complete strangers come up to me and ask if I was carying twins. Very rude, I personally thought. So no IVF needed to produce V's belly.
This.

With my second, I looked exactly the same as CP Victoria did at eight weeks when she was at the French Riviera. With your second pregnancy, the body knows exactly what to do. It was so hard to hide my baby-bump from family and friends during weeks 8-13.
Old 09-09-2015, 11:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Remember how big she was very early on in her first pregnancy. We all speculated that she was much further along than what we were told. I was sure she would give birth before the end of the year. Yet she delivered within a reasonable timeframe of the published time and a normal size baby. CP Victoria simply carries her babies in her own way.
Old 09-10-2015, 03:07 AM
Majesty

I agree. And, if the baby arrives a little early they will merely say she must have been a little further along than thought. It leaves a little wiggle and, the only way they would know exactly is if it were conceived via IVF.