Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2015, 05:21 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjetajiem View Post
We are talking about Victoria's [and Daniel] pregnancy here
Don't know what Madeleine or Carl Philip have to do with Victoria's pregnancy
. Well, whilst not wishing to steal anyone's thunder it would be appropriate would it not for siblings to express happiness, joy, good wishes?

Old 09-06-2015, 05:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeybees View Post
. Well, whilst not wishing to steal anyone's thunder it would be appropriate would it not for siblings to express happiness, joy, good wishes?
When having a suspicious mind (which i have at times) one could consider that the reference to congratulations from the siblings on facebook is an echo of the time when C-P and Sofia got engaged and Madeleine and Victoria did *not* congratulate them on facebook and that was used in many an internet-discussion as proof that the sisters did not like Sofia.
Whether Madeleine and C-P do or don't congratulate their sister now can be used as evidence pro and con in that other discussion

But as i said, you'd have to have a pretty suspicious mind for the tangled web that can be woven here and that would go waaaay OT for this thread

Old 09-06-2015, 05:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

Great news! So very happy for them. Victoria looks very 'advanced' for 3 months imo. We'll see. Can't wait to see if boy or girl, or one of both! A lot of twinning going on.

Old 09-06-2015, 08:52 AM
Imperial Majesty

Daniel has been today interviewed in the media because of Prince Daniel's Race and Sports Day. He has been asked also about the new baby. Here is what he has said at the interviews:

TV4:
Jenny Alversjö congratulated Daniel about the new baby and asked how it feels. Daniel says that it feels fantastic of course. At the same time one is humble, there is quite a long time still ahead, they are crossing their fingers and hope that everything goes well.
Expressen:
About the new baby Daniel said that it feels very good but one shall not take anything in advance. We will see, we hope. The reporter asks how is the crown princess, and that they have got a lot of congratulations? Daniel says that Victoria is feeling very well and it is incredibly nice that so many are happy with them, and it can be seen today too.
Aftonbladet:
The reporter congratulates Daniel about the new baby and asks how it feels? Daniel says that it is great fun, now they are just keeping their fingers crossed and hope that everything goes well. Victoria is very happy and pleased. How does princess Estelle feel about a sibling? I think that she is both enthusiastic and proud, says Daniel. The reporter asks if Estelle has had any suggestions for a name? No, Daniel says, smiling.
Old 09-06-2015, 09:10 AM
Courtier

If you feel it is "distasteful," then why even read, which you obviously have, and post your opinion on HRHs pregnancy. It's not gossiping; all posts contain words of happiness and joy for CP Victoria and Prince Daniel. "Distasteful" is injecting your negative words into everyone else's words of happiness for a mother - to - be.
Old 09-06-2015, 09:11 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotHRH View Post
If you feel it is "distasteful," then why even read, which you obviously have, and post your opinion on HRHs pregnancy. It's not gossiping; all posts contain words of happiness and joy for CP Victoria and Prince Daniel. "Distasteful" is injecting your negative words into everyone else's words of happiness for a mother - to - be.
Referring to Honeybees post.
Old 09-06-2015, 09:35 AM
Serene Highness

I am really happy for this sympathetic couple and I am sure that the uncles and aunts are too.
This topic is about Victoria's pregnancy and not about who from the family congratulates in public and who don't. It would be a pity that this thread would turn out to be about family congratulations and conclusions some people might draw.I think that this is private and none of our business
Old 09-06-2015, 09:54 AM
Heir Apparent

I wonder if this baby is going to come in late February! After all, it was the case with Estelle and even with Leonore! Maybe Victoria is due in in the last days of February, or at best in early March... And given that this the second... who knows!
Old 09-06-2015, 09:59 AM
Courtier

Thank you Ladyfinn, it is great to read the fathers reaction now that the pregnancy has been confirmed. I am sure everyone is delighted and will be wishing them all well. There are no gaurantee's in this world.
Old 09-06-2015, 05:03 PM
Courtier

The first pregnancy was announced on Aug 17'th, and Estelle was born Feb 23'rd.

This pregnancy was announced Sept 4'th. And the child is expected in March. But let's just say that I won't be surprised if Victoria gives birth her second child in the middle of February...
Old 09-06-2015, 05:23 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
Wonderful news! I have to admit, I was wondering if they were ever going to have a second child, as it seemed like Estelle was getting older and older with no little sibling to torment. LOL

Congrats to the entire SRF.
Now Estelle can practice ruling via a younger sibling.
Old 09-06-2015, 11:26 PM
Heir Apparent

This is wonderful news, I must say I guessed with the picture of her in the bikini a month ago and the baggy dresses and jackets of late.
Our children were four years apart and it is a wonderful age difference.
I think the baby will be born near Estella's birthday
Old 09-06-2015, 11:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeybees View Post
Social media is not in lieu congratulating someone in person. One can perhaps assume the families of the Crown Princess couple were informed long before the public in general. Social media is simply a means of letting the rest of the world know what one is up to and is used as one's time and energy allows. I am sure all the siblings of the two parents have congratulated them.
Old 09-07-2015, 03:03 AM
Majesty

I definitely agree. Any engagement, wedding, pregnancy, well actually anything important to you should be shared with your family and all those you love, personally. Whether or not you or they put it on facebook, Instagram, whatever, is totally irrelevant.

Love, if not good manners, dictate that such auspicious news be shared with the people you love personally. Whether they care to share it on facebook, etc. is up to them, but for most people facebook is not a barometer of how happy or not you are about said news.

We are not all teenagers who live our lives and spill our guts to the point of self-endangerment on facebook. We still know how to talk to people.
Old 09-07-2015, 03:43 AM
Courtier

Congratulations to Victoria, Daniel, Estelle and the rest of the family.
Old 09-07-2015, 08:11 AM
Courtier

Congrats to the family! I can't wait to see Estelle playing with her little brother or sister and the two of them playing with their cousins! We're in store for some really fun pics in the years to come!
Old 09-07-2015, 08:16 AM
Commoner

Congrats to the family! Such wonderful news, quite a great year for them really so far: Carl Phillip and Sofia married, Madeleine giving birth and now Victoria announcing a pregnancy!
Old 09-07-2015, 09:26 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotHRH View Post
If you feel the need to quote myself kindly do not take my words out of context and indeed time frame. I believe if you were to check one would find I found unconfirmed speculation about a pregnancy distasteful. This was posted prior to the confirmation. I still do find unconfirmed pregnancy speculation distasteful. I am delighted with the news that has been confirmed by The Court of the pregnancy and sincerely hope and pray all goes well for mother and child/children.
Old 09-07-2015, 09:29 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I definitely agree. Any engagement, wedding, pregnancy, well actually anything important to you should be shared with your family and all those you love, personally. Whether or not you or they put it on facebook, Instagram, whatever, is totally irrelevant.

Love, if not good manners, dictate that such auspicious news be shared with the people you love personally. Whether they care to share it on facebook, etc. is up to them, but for most people facebook is not a barometer of how happy or not you are about said news.

We are not all teenagers who live our lives and spill our guts to the point of self-endangerment on facebook. We still know how to talk to people.
I agree with you Marg, it is not how I would congratulate a family member either but my comment has been taken out of context and was in fact part of a thread. Given the manner in which the media behave and words and indeed actions are twisted I wouldn't blame any member of any royal family from never posting any picture, taking a vow of silence and never going out doors.
Old 09-07-2015, 02:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Congratulations, Victoria, Daniel and Estelle!!!
Wonderful news, I am so happy for them!!!