The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2015, 09:17 AM
Serene Highness

OOOOOOHHHHHH, just heard the wonderfulNews! I am so happy for the 2 - and Little Estelle will become "Big Sister"!
Bye Bine

Old 09-05-2015, 10:06 AM
Gentry

OMGGGGGGG This is such amazing and lovely news. I am so happy for the Royal couple.

Old 09-05-2015, 11:05 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Royal Blogger

This is amazing. I was really hoping they would have another child.
Old 09-05-2015, 11:17 AM
Nobility

Congratulations to the
Crown Princess Family!

Old 09-05-2015, 11:47 AM
Nobility

The SRF are having such wonderful year.The king and queen must be over the moon. A wedding, the addition of a new princess ,a new prince and now another pregnancy.
I wish everyone continued joy and happiness.
Old 09-05-2015, 02:39 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

This is such wonderful news. I have been hoping for this for the the longest time! Victoria and Daniel must be so ecstatic.
Old 09-05-2015, 03:00 PM
Serene Highness

So wonderful!!
Old 09-05-2015, 03:31 PM
Royal Highness

Many people assumed Victoria would never have another child, but it looks like they will be proven wrong ! Congratulations to the Crown Princess and Prince Daniel and my best wishes of a safe pregnancy and delivery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
There will probably be no announcement from CP & Sofia anytime soon. Before their wedding Carl Philip & Sofia gave an interview to SVT and the baby question came up. CP said he wants kids but they will wait before starting a family. Given the gossip press, it may try to put them under the gun to produce another Bernadotte heir. Their first child will now be fifth in line to the throne when the time comes; but with Nicolas's christening in October and the new Bernadotte-Westling coming in March I can see the press putting Sofia on bump watch more.
Given that Victoria is now pregnant, I am pretty sure CP and Sofia will wait until the birth of the third in line to have a child of their own.

Victoria's pregnancy also means Madeleine and her children will move even further down in the line of succession, making it more likely they will not move back to Sweden in a couple of years and might give up their succession rights.
Old 09-05-2015, 04:34 PM
Imperial Majesty

Likes, sharings and thousands of happy comments. The royal family has been love bombed on social media after yesterday's news that Crown Princess Victoria is pregnant.
- A baby statement tops the list of pleasant things happening, says Marie Grusell, media researcher at the University of Gothenburg.
Over 150,000 "Likes". Tens of thousands of happy and positive comments, and thousands of sharings.
The news that Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel are expecting their second child breaks all records on the royal family's social media.
As an example one can take the post on Instagram, which published the news: with around 25,000 Likes one day after news were published, it has received more than twice the number of likes than the second most liked post, which is a greeting from Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia after the wedding.
Marie Grusell, scientist at the University of Gothenburg, why this is shared and liked so much?
- It's pretty simple. The couple is very popular and I think everyone who is familiar with the Crown Princess Couple have probably understood that they have been struggling a little bit.
The royal family and the director of the press department, Margareta Thorgren are very excited about the response the news has received on social media.
- It's great fun and a part of the thought to reach an important target group directly, she says.
The Crown Princess couple has also been involved in the choice of communicating the news.
- We are an information department that thinks in a new way, and in this case it was a choice that the Crown Princess Couple stood behind of, said Thorgren.
Kungahuset kärleksbombade på sociala medier –*efter Victorias gravidlycka _ Nyheter _ Expressen
Translation
Old 09-05-2015, 04:55 PM
Nobility

I see the buzz is still going about the pregnancy announcement. Has Madeleine or Carl Philip made any public statements of congratulations? Madeleine usually makes her statements on Facebook.
Old 09-05-2015, 05:35 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I see the buzz is still going about the pregnancy announcement. Has Madeleine or Carl Philip made any public statements of congratulations? Madeleine usually makes her statements on Facebook.

We are talking about Victoria's [and Daniel] pregnancy here
Don't know what Madeleine or Carl Philip have to do with Victoria's pregnancy
Old 09-05-2015, 05:48 PM
Serene Highness

So happy for Victoria and Daniel. Some people said that perhaps they intended to have only one child but I never thought that.
Old 09-05-2015, 05:58 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
This is very happy news. Maybe I've been watching TV too much but the first thing that popped into my head from watching the Windows 10 commercials with the little ones was that perhaps Prince George of Cambridge would start a blog to share with Estelle called "How to survive the new usurper in the household.".

I'm sure the new wee one will be much welcomed and much loved with perhaps Estelle being the "little mommy". With 2 children in succession after Victoria, I would think that this pretty much gives leeway to Carl and Maddie to pretty much live the lives they wish to. Its all good.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 09-05-2015, 06:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjetajiem View Post
Please re-read the post. The comment was regarding Princess Madeleine's frequent use of social media to post comments and congratulations and a question whether Prince Carl Philip may have done the same.
Old 09-05-2015, 07:26 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
I've just checked Madeleine's Facebook and she hasn't made any congratulatory messages. Which is strange, because she posted about the "Lilian Look" exhibition yesterday, when Victoria's pregnancy was made official. However, it still isn't very long since the public announcement so perhaps Madeleine will post something about it soon.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 09-05-2015, 08:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjetajiem View Post

Yeah...Victoria and Daniel making them an Uncle and Aunt again really has nothing to do w/them at all...

Sheesh!!

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 09-05-2015, 10:09 PM
Commoner

I'm so happy for them
Old 09-05-2015, 11:03 PM
Majesty

I think the fact that CP Victoria and P Daniel are an immensely popular and likeable couple feeds into the overall happy response. The fact that their love, engagement, health and marriage didn't come easily to them and that they remained upbeat and continued to work for both their country and their "Happy Ever After" endears them to us all.

The crowd went wild when Victoria fell pregnant with Estelle and they have happily shared their joy of Estelle with their country. I think everyone knew they wanted another but, as time passed I think we all wondered if they would be blessed a second time. Nevertheless, they have remained a happy, upbeat and work hard to "give a little back" all of which makes the news of a second child a cause for celebration, and not just in Sweden.
Old 09-06-2015, 02:21 AM
Serene Highness

QUOTE=Osipi;1816554]This is very happy news. Maybe I've been watching TV too much but the first thing that popped into my head from watching theWindows 10 commercials with the little ones was that perhaps Prince George of Cambridge would start a blog to share with Estelle called "How to survive the new usurper in the household.".

I'm sure the new wee one will be much welcomed and much loved with perhaps Estelle being the "little mommy". With 2 children in succession after Victoria, I would think that this pretty much gives leeway to Carl and Maddie to pretty much live the lives they wish to. Its all good.[QUOTE]

Haha, this is great
When looking at Estelle, how she behaved with her Little Cousin Leonore, I would assume, that she will be delighted by having a "living doll" with her Little brother/sister. And not being jealous. And then: it very much depends on the sensitivity of the parents, that she will not feel "second place".... but I am SURE, V&D will take care about that
BYe Bine
Old 09-06-2015, 05:09 AM
Nobility

Wow! I'm so happy for them
Congratulations to the proud parents and big sister

Closed Thread