The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2016, 02:12 AM
Imperial Majesty

I think that the baby's due date is on the last days of February or in the beginning of March, that I get when I look at Daniel's calendar.
Daniel visits on Tuesday 16th first LärVux in Gävle and in the evening he inaugurates Perslundskolan's new school (Daniel's old school) in Ockelbo. They are over 200 kilometres away from Stockholm.
And on Thursday 18th Daniel goes with Prince Daniel's Fellowship entrepreneurial programme to school visits in Borlänge, over 200 kilometres from Stockholm. That is a long day, normally these visits take about 6 hours at the schools plus travelling.
Both events are very important to Daniel - the inaugurating of his old school in Ockelbo and the Prince Daniel's Fellowship, which was founded on his initiative and where there are three busy business people with him and arrangements with the county administrative board, Borlänge municipality and the schools. I don't think that Daniel would have planned these events to these days, if the baby's due date would for instance 19th February and they were likely to be cancelled. While having followed the news about the Ockelbo school's inauguration, I think that the date has been adapted to Daniel's calendar.
On Monday 22nd Daniel has an event at the Stockholm stadion.
On 29th February-4th March there is a winter holiday at the schools of Stockholm and there aren't normally work events for the royal family that week.
Of course the baby can be born next week even if it's due date would be in the beginning of March.

Old 02-12-2016, 03:05 AM
Serene Highness

I think it will be March
If the report in the Damtidning is correct the invitation for the Te Deum was sent on the 11th
For the birth of Estelle (23-2) the invitations were sent a week and a half earlier.

Birthdates for a second baby are likely or in general more likely exact than for the first one.

Old 02-12-2016, 08:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjetajiem View Post
I think it will be March
If the report in the Damtidning is correct the invitation for the Te Deum was sent on the 11th
For the birth of Estelle (23-2) the invitations were sent a week and a half earlier.

Birthdates for a second baby are likely or in general more likely exact than for the first one.

Victoria confirmed that the due date is in early march. I think the baby will be born by the 11th.

Given that this is her second child I would say that the baby will arrive earlier.
Old 02-12-2016, 12:12 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
I think it will be March

Svensk Damtidning's article is written on 11th February, but the article doesn't say that the invitations were sent on that day. The article says "According to our sources at the court the invitation to the Te Deum has been already sent out to those closest".
Old 02-12-2016, 12:59 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
Victoria confirmed that the due date is in early march. I think the baby will be born by the 11th.

Given that this is her second child I would say that the baby will arrive earlier.
There is no rule that second babies come earlier.
First children tend to come later than due date.
If the princess confirms that due date is March, the baby most likely will be born around March

The princess was rather surprised about the twin-question.
If she should expect twins I am sure that there would have been an official announcement by now.

Even her huge belly does not say that she will give birth any day now
A lot of women have huge bellies and will give birth to tiny little babies around due time
Old 02-12-2016, 01:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Daniel doesn't seem to have any engagements between the 23rd and March 10. I would think the baby is due likely somewhere in the middle of that.

I wouldn't bet for sure on March. When she was pregnant with Estelle, they announced March just like this baby and she was born in February. Babies, whether first or second born, come when they come.
Old 02-13-2016, 03:05 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Daniel doesn't seem to have any engagements between the 23rd and March 10. I would think the baby is due likely somewhere in the middle of that.

I wouldn't bet for sure on March. When she was pregnant with Estelle, they announced March just like this baby and she was born in February. Babies, whether first or second born, come when they come.
I remember having read from somewhere that Victoria said after Estelle was born that Estelle's due date was in the turn of February and March, so obviously she came about a week earlier.

Expressen has a photo of the invitation to Te Deum sent to Prime minister Löfven and his wife. The Te Deum is at the Royal Chapel at 12.15 the day after the baby is born, and if the baby is born on Saturday, Te Deum is on Monday.
Hovets inbjudan till att fira den nya bebisen _ Nyheter _ Expressen
Translation
Old 02-13-2016, 09:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
There is no rule that second babies come earlier.
First children tend to come later than due date.
If the princess confirms that due date is March, the baby most likely will be born around March

The princess was rather surprised about the twin-question.
If she should expect twins I am sure that there would have been an official announcement by now.

Even her huge belly does not say that she will give birth any day now
A lot of women have huge bellies and will give birth to tiny little babies around due time

The princess said early March. I assume that this baby's due date is more or less the same due date as it was with Princess Estelle.In early march Victoria must be around thr last week and I 'm pretty sure the baby will be here by March 1st...

It seems that the swedish royal house has the traditon add some extra week to the due date, in case babies arrive later... as it was for both Princess Victoria's first pregnancy and Princess Madeleine...

We can only wait of course... But I definetely think that March 11th is too late...

I've never said that Victoria is exepcting twins. I had my suspicions at first, but I'm sure she is having one baby, as she herself has repeatedly claimed.
Old 02-13-2016, 09:40 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
It seems that the swedish royal house has the traditon add some extra week to the due date, in case babies arrive later... as it was for both Princess Victoria's first pregnancy and Princess Madeleine...
I do not think so. I think the days were said correctly but these ladies have tendency to give birth before due date. It goes by the way in genes, me and my sisters have the same, I have two sisters and of 11 of our babies only one waited till due date, all others were premature but fully developed. My obstetrician told me this predilection is hereditary.
Old 02-13-2016, 09:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondiini View Post
I do not think so. I think the days were said correctly but these ladies have tendency to give birth before due date. It goes by the way in genes, me and my sisters have the same, I have two sisters and of 11 of our babies only one waited till due date, all others were premature but fully developed. My obstetrician told me this predilection is hereditary.
While I agree with you that both Victoria and Madeleine seem to have the disposition to give birth earlier I do think that Estelle and Leonore were due in late February rather than early March. For example, the press found out that Leonore's due date was February 25th. So, the palace was right to announce that the birth was expected in March.
Old 02-13-2016, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondiini View Post
Yes, does seem so. E.g. the king was missing Carl Philip's birth and they were so sure, Madeleine would attend the wedding of her brother, that I can't believe Nicolas due date had been mid of June.

But of course with a due date at the shift of months, Royals will choose the later month for the announcement.
And this pregnancy got 2.5 weeks after the one of Estelle announced (August 17 vs. September 4)

My guess is this baby is getting born between February 24 and March 1
Old 02-15-2016, 01:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Do you think that Princess Estelle will attend the Te Deum?
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 02-15-2016, 03:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Not sure she will. She didn't attend the one for Nico this summer. But I guess she is a bit older now. It would be nice if Daniel or her grandparents brought her since its her little brother or sister
Old 02-15-2016, 09:29 PM
Nobility

Today is the last royal engagement for Victoria before giving birth to the third in line to the Swedish throne. I think in the old days it was called going to "confinement". May she have a safe delivery of a healthy child. (I'm still rooting for a prince.)

Once the baby is here, there will the naming, duchy allotment and the Te Deum. I wonder what type of christening he/she would have? I know it won't be on the same scale as Estelle's because this baby is the spare, but as a child of a future monarch would the baby have a ceremony a little above Lenore's, Nicolas' and the Prince Couple's child? And will the christening be televised? SVT said previously it would rethink televising royal baptisms.
Old 02-15-2016, 09:42 PM
Heir Apparent

I am pretty sure it will be broadcast. The discussion about royal baptisms was had before Nico's. And as I understood it, it was more to do with the amount of royal events that year, and if there was enough interest in a baptism to warrant another event. Victoria's second child, second one or not, will certainly be more in demand. The child is spare to the throne.

I would expect something a bit bigger than Leo and Nico. Some more foreign royals in attendance certainly. Not the level of Estelle's but certainly some where in between.

I would love if the baptism was held on June 19 (I know a bit longer wait then Estelle's) on Vic/Dan's 6th wedding anniversary and the queen and king's 40thh.
Old 02-15-2016, 11:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

I have a feeling that the baby will be born in early March and not the last of February. The pregnancy annoucement was later than the one of Estelle, and second babies are usually born around the time of the prediction (My mom told me that my big bro was born earlier and I was born exactly on the day the doctor predicted).

Somehow I want the baby to have more than just a few days a part from Estelle. My dad and I have one day a part on birthday and I never had my own celebration.
Old 02-16-2016, 03:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Would be interesting if the little prince/ss was born on the 29th since its a leap year (any other year it would have been March Only royal baby I know of born on the 29th is Princess Alexandra's son James Oglivy.
Old 02-16-2016, 04:36 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Would be interesting if the little prince/ss was born on the 29th since its a leap year (any other year it would have been March Only royal baby I know of born on the 29th is Princess Alexandra's son James Oglivy.
I hadn't thought of the 29th!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathia_sophia View Post
I have a feeling that the baby will be born in early March and not the last of February. The pregnancy annoucement was later than the one of Estelle, and second babies are usually born around the time of the prediction (My mom told me that my big bro was born earlier and I was born exactly on the day the doctor predicted).

Somehow I want the baby to have more than just a few days a part from Estelle. My dad and I have one day a part on birthday and I never had my own celebration.
My youngest son is born a day before my birthday. To make matters worse, I'm also a twin. So I hope the little prince/ss isn't born on or around Estelle's birthday.
Old 02-16-2016, 10:50 AM
Imperial Majesty

Expressen met Queen Silvia and said to her that shortly before Estelle was born, Queen Silvia said "now it is a matter of days". And she was right. Is it the same now? Queen Silvia said: "We don't know, one never knows. It is the second child and more difficult to know". She also said "Wait and see!". Victoria and Daniel said in Peru, that they don't know if it will be a girl or a boy. Queen Silvia said: "I have no idea. And I don't ask. One doesn't ask such a thing. The main thing is that everybody is feeling well and we are all happy about that".
Här är drottning Silvias gåtfulla babybesked | Nyheter | Expressen
Old 02-16-2016, 12:35 PM
Heir Apparent

One doesn't ask that kind of thing??? Is that a bad translation or a cultural thing? Makes it sound like some 'private thing' polite people wouldn't discus. I haven't met a pregnant person who isn't asked by every person in passing if they are having a boy or girl. Certainly the grandparents would. Or did she just mean Victoria said 'we don't know' and she respected her daughter and didn't push??

Quote:

Babies don't follow rules. My sister was born on her due date (oldest). I was 8 days late. Heck I have a friend whose three boys ranged from 5 days to 11 days late. Each son got progressively later.

But I agree on the birthday. It sucks sharing. I was doomed to. I was due on my grandmother's birthday. I got my own, but was born 3 days before my mother's (came home on hers). As a child I got my own but as I got older we always just had one dinner for the two of us except if it was a milestone. Unfortunately if it was my mother's milestone birthday like her 40th, mine got forgotten all together.

Be even wore for this baby as his/her sister is the future crown princess. Imagine if Estelle gets Estelledagen like her mother. Hard enough being spare (especially if another girl) without sharing a birthday or closely with the heir. I hope at least a week between.

Closed Thread