The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #201  
Old 10-27-2015, 07:52 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Poor Victoria. If it were not for the fact that she is hitting every engagement looking absolutely fabulous, she could be forgiven for "going into a decline" as the olds used to say.

Here she is, 38 years old, pregnant with her second child, looking like a million dollars (and that's without her megawatt smile), and all some people and media can do is bang on about how big she is and how awful it will be by March.

Give her a break, even Madeleine was not small this last time and who says you have to look like you are not pregnant until three months before due date and then only look like you're three months gone.

This unremitting version of body shaming has got to stop. Women, real women, have a normal pregnancy that includes an ever increasing bump, that's life, get over it. Not everyone is built like Catherine and a couple of other well-known celebrities who barely showed at all.

This continual harping on how big Victoria is already (oh she really must be having twins) has got to stop. It is toxic!

I agree 100% this how normal women look. This whole twin thing is just crazy as you say just because she's not model thin doesn't mean twins !! It means she's having a healthy normal pregnancy


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
__________________

  #202  
Old 10-27-2015, 09:20 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 1,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
I agree 100% this how normal women look. This whole twin thing is just crazy as you say just because she's not model thin doesn't mean twins !! It means she's having a healthy normal pregnancy


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
When was it announced that Charlene was carrying twins ? I don't follow the princely family of Monaco, but, if I am not mistaken, it wasn't until late in her pregnancy.

I'm just saying that, if Victoria is pregnant with twins, it is not a given that the Royal Court would already have made that information public by now.
__________________

  #203  
Old 10-27-2015, 09:49 AM
Elektra's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Here, France
Posts: 220
The announcement from the Court about this pregnancy said " TRH are expecting their second child."

In Monaco it was less clear : "The birth will be at the end of the year", not clearly saying there was only one baby...
  #204  
Old 10-27-2015, 09:53 AM
Marty91charmed's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Near Verona and Venice, Italy
Posts: 5,674
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra View Post
The announcement from the Court about this pregnancy said " TRH are expecting their second child."

In Monaco it was less clear : "The birth will be at the end of the year", not clearly saying there was only one baby...
Exactly. The statement from Monaco was very vague from early on "... are very pleased to announce the pregnancy of Princess Charlene... while in french was..."hereux evenement"= joyful event"...

The confirmation of a twins pregnancy came in October.... I would guess the swedish royl court had been more vague in the announcement, in case P. Victoria carried twins... or they would make a straight announcement a la danish royal house.
__________________
"Yet, walking free upon her own estate
Still,in her solitude, she is the Queen".
  #205  
Old 10-27-2015, 10:44 AM
principessa's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Schweinfurt, Germany
Posts: 3,086
To all of you who are talking about the big belly of Victoria: Maybe she has a big desire to eat. At my pregnancy I always had the feeling that I must eat all the day and all the night.
__________________
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
  #206  
Old 11-18-2015, 10:21 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 22,486
Victoria denied today at the visit to Värmland the rumours about twins.

The royal birth is scheduled for early March, and of course the major focus today was on Victoria and the baby belly. What will it be? Even the twins?
Victoria laughed:
- It may look that way, but then I will be very surprised. I have been asked that before, she says then.
But what has Estelle wished for? Prince or princess?
- She in fact wanted a hamster, Victoria laughs.
Daniel laughs too, and says:
- At the risk of it becoming tomorrow's headline.
Victoria says diplomatically:
- I am joking.
Victoria_ Estelle ville hellre ha en hamster _ Nyheter _ Expressen

Svensk Damtidning asked the Crown Princess, who is pregnant with the Crown Princess Couple's second child, if she was expecting twins:
- Does it look like that?
The Crown Princess replied crisply, with a smile, and continued:
- It would be a big surprise in that case.
Expressen's royal reporter wondered then about if Princess Estelle wishes for a little sister or a little brother:
- She wants most preferably a hamster in fact, responded the crown princess and laughed.
http://nwt.se/karlstad/2015/11/18/fo...ssparets-dag-i
  #207  
Old 11-18-2015, 12:14 PM
dazzling's Avatar
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: -, France
Posts: 22,317
Ah the twins are denied then, I was hoping and thought for sometime that she would be expecting twins but I guess I am wrong.

Thanks for the articles.
__________________
  #208  
Old 11-18-2015, 12:22 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 1,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Victoria denied today at the visit to Värmland the rumours about twins.

The royal birth is scheduled for early March, and of course the major focus today was on Victoria and the baby belly. What will it be? Even the twins?
Victoria laughed:
- It may look that way, but then I will be very surprised. I have been asked that before, she says then.
But what has Estelle wished for? Prince or princess?
- She in fact wanted a hamster, Victoria laughs.
Daniel laughs too, and says:
- At the risk of it becoming tomorrow's headline.
Victoria says diplomatically:
- I am joking.
Victoria_ Estelle ville hellre ha en hamster _ Nyheter _ Expressen

Svensk Damtidning asked the Crown Princess, who is pregnant with the Crown Princess Couple's second child, if she was expecting twins:
- Does it look like that?
The Crown Princess replied crisply, with a smile, and continued:
- It would be a big surprise in that case.
Expressen's royal reporter wondered then about if Princess Estelle wishes for a little sister or a little brother:
- She wants most preferably a hamster in fact, responded the crown princess and laughed.
Följ kronprinsessparets dag i Karlstad - nwt.se - Ditt Värmland, just nu

I also believed in the twins' theory (based on the assumption that Victoria may have got some artificial "help" to get pregnant). However, it looks like her denial was pretty clear.
  #209  
Old 11-18-2015, 12:26 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Torrance, United States
Posts: 2,955
Estelle's wish for a hamster is too cute.
  #210  
Old 11-18-2015, 01:12 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Poznan, Poland
Posts: 123
It's rude to ask her if she is having twins.
  #211  
Old 11-18-2015, 01:23 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: san diego, United States
Posts: 5,732
Very cute with Estelle wanting a hamster, i hope she gets one
  #212  
Old 11-18-2015, 01:41 PM
GracieGiraffe's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Giraffe Land, United States
Posts: 2,531
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Ah the twins are denied then, I was hoping and thought for sometime that she would be expecting twins but I guess I am wrong.

Thanks for the articles.
That's because it's triplets!!!!

See how these rumors start....
__________________
The future George VII's opinion on infant carriers,
"One is not amused."
  #213  
Old 11-18-2015, 01:43 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: ***, Sweden
Posts: 1,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalNight View Post
It's rude to ask her if she is having twins.
Haha, I agree.
  #214  
Old 11-18-2015, 02:02 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: san diego, United States
Posts: 5,732
Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
That's because it's triplets!!!!

See how these rumors start....
  #215  
Old 11-18-2015, 03:34 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: st. paul, United States
Posts: 965
Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
I agree 100% this how normal women look. This whole twin thing is just crazy as you say just because she's not model thin doesn't mean twins !! It means she's having a healthy normal pregnancy


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
There is no "normal". Some women look like Victoria when pregnant, some like Sofia, some like Madeleine, some like Catherine, and so on...

You can't criticize people for commenting on Victoria's shape, then go on and put her on a pedestal and say she's how "normal" pregnant women look when having a "healthy" pregnancy. If a women stays "model thin" during her pregnancy, it doesn't mean she's having an abnormal and unhealthy pregnancy. You're generalizing just like the posters you're frustrated with.

I agree with Mbruno that people were presuming twins because of the IVF assumption. I think it was also a matter of wishful thinking, they want Victoria to have a medium/large family and they're worried she won't be able to get pregnant again. Yeah, the posts are annoying but they come from a place of hope.
  #216  
Old 11-19-2015, 01:31 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: San Francisco, United States
Posts: 2,383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
When was it announced that Charlene was carrying twins ? I don't follow the princely family of Monaco, but, if I am not mistaken, it wasn't until late in her pregnancy.

I'm just saying that, if Victoria is pregnant with twins, it is not a given that the Royal Court would already have made that information public by now.
The Swedish royal house would not keep possible twins a secret. Would do absolutely nothing for the PR for the royal family.
  #217  
Old 11-19-2015, 04:40 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
There is no "normal". Some women look like Victoria when pregnant, some like Sofia, some like Madeleine, some like Catherine, and so on...



You can't criticize people for commenting on Victoria's shape, then go on and put her on a pedestal and say she's how "normal" pregnant women look when having a "healthy" pregnancy. If a women stays "model thin" during her pregnancy, it doesn't mean she's having an abnormal and unhealthy pregnancy. You're generalizing just like the posters you're frustrated with.



I agree with Mbruno that people were presuming twins because of the IVF assumption. I think it was also a matter of wishful thinking, they want Victoria to have a medium/large family and they're worried she won't be able to get pregnant again. Yeah, the posts are annoying but they come from a place of hope.

Goodness I didn't think I put her on a pedestal don't know where that come from. But if you don't like the word normal swap it for average. She looks like the average woman looks IMO
  #218  
Old 11-19-2015, 06:21 PM
wok_kym's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: milan, Italy
Posts: 260
I'm laughing sooo hard at the answer about the hamster!!!!
  #219  
Old 11-19-2015, 07:44 PM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades, United States
Posts: 2,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by wok_kym View Post
I'm laughing sooo hard at the answer about the hamster!!!!
You could tell Victoria was debating the answer. I suspect she was doing some double and triple thinking in the instant, knowing that if she mentioned any preference it would appear to give the game away. (I think they know the sex of the baby). In many ways it was an impossible question to answer honestly, because any which way answered, it sets up unlooked for possibilities into the future. The hamster answer was just a joke (imo), and with Daniel making a joke of the joke, the newspapers decided to oblige and we have a trifecta (of jokes!)!
__________________
Russian National Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGoNaLjQrV8
O Magnum Mysterium: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWU7dyey6yo
  #220  
Old 11-20-2015, 06:34 AM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 4,414
I wouldn't be surprised if they had come up with hamster-joke a long tme ago, preparing themselves to the kind of question that those journalists might ask. Such a question was bound to come up at some point.
__________________

__________________
Please vote in our TRF Fashion Polls


Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crown Prince Haakon to sit on the committee of the Olympic Youth Games 2016 dazzling Crown Prince Haakon, Crown Princess Mette-Marit and Family 28 03-23-2016 06:26 PM
Dutch State Visit to France: March 10-11, 2016 Lumutqueen King Willem-Alexander, Queen Máxima and family 108 03-17-2016 09:25 AM
Princess Marie is Pregnant with Second Child: Due January 2012 agami.pearl Prince Joachim, Princess Marie and Family 200 01-24-2012 04:48 AM
Lost Posts due to Log-outs Suonymona Forum Announcements and Admin 33 01-09-2010 05:40 PM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style countess of wessex's eveningwear coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events danish royal family duchess of cambridge e-mail fashion poll grand duke jean greece jean kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess madeleine princess madeleine hats princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes fashion queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania royal fashion september 2016 spanish queen state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:30 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises