The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2015, 07:52 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Poor Victoria. If it were not for the fact that she is hitting every engagement looking absolutely fabulous, she could be forgiven for "going into a decline" as the olds used to say.

Here she is, 38 years old, pregnant with her second child, looking like a million dollars (and that's without her megawatt smile), and all some people and media can do is bang on about how big she is and how awful it will be by March.

Give her a break, even Madeleine was not small this last time and who says you have to look like you are not pregnant until three months before due date and then only look like you're three months gone.

This unremitting version of body shaming has got to stop. Women, real women, have a normal pregnancy that includes an ever increasing bump, that's life, get over it. Not everyone is built like Catherine and a couple of other well-known celebrities who barely showed at all.

This continual harping on how big Victoria is already (oh she really must be having twins) has got to stop. It is toxic!

I agree 100% this how normal women look. This whole twin thing is just crazy as you say just because she's not model thin doesn't mean twins !! It means she's having a healthy normal pregnancy

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Old 10-27-2015, 09:20 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
I agree 100% this how normal women look. This whole twin thing is just crazy as you say just because she's not model thin doesn't mean twins !! It means she's having a healthy normal pregnancy

When was it announced that Charlene was carrying twins ? I don't follow the princely family of Monaco, but, if I am not mistaken, it wasn't until late in her pregnancy.

I'm just saying that, if Victoria is pregnant with twins, it is not a given that the Royal Court would already have made that information public by now.

Old 10-27-2015, 09:49 AM
Aristocracy

The announcement from the Court about this pregnancy said " TRH are expecting their second child."

In Monaco it was less clear : "The birth will be at the end of the year", not clearly saying there was only one baby...
Old 10-27-2015, 09:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra View Post
The announcement from the Court about this pregnancy said " TRH are expecting their second child."

In Monaco it was less clear : "The birth will be at the end of the year", not clearly saying there was only one baby...
Exactly. The statement from Monaco was very vague from early on "... are very pleased to announce the pregnancy of Princess Charlene... while in french was..."hereux evenement"= joyful event"...

The confirmation of a twins pregnancy came in October.... I would guess the swedish royl court had been more vague in the announcement, in case P. Victoria carried twins... or they would make a straight announcement a la danish royal house.
Old 10-27-2015, 10:44 AM
Heir Apparent

To all of you who are talking about the big belly of Victoria: Maybe she has a big desire to eat. At my pregnancy I always had the feeling that I must eat all the day and all the night.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 11-18-2015, 10:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria denied today at the visit to Värmland the rumours about twins.

The royal birth is scheduled for early March, and of course the major focus today was on Victoria and the baby belly. What will it be? Even the twins?
Victoria laughed:
- It may look that way, but then I will be very surprised. I have been asked that before, she says then.
But what has Estelle wished for? Prince or princess?
- She in fact wanted a hamster, Victoria laughs.
Daniel laughs too, and says:
- At the risk of it becoming tomorrow's headline.
Victoria says diplomatically:
- I am joking.
Victoria_ Estelle ville hellre ha en hamster _ Nyheter _ Expressen

Svensk Damtidning asked the Crown Princess, who is pregnant with the Crown Princess Couple's second child, if she was expecting twins:
- Does it look like that?
The Crown Princess replied crisply, with a smile, and continued:
- It would be a big surprise in that case.
Expressen's royal reporter wondered then about if Princess Estelle wishes for a little sister or a little brother:
- She wants most preferably a hamster in fact, responded the crown princess and laughed.
http://nwt.se/karlstad/2015/11/18/fo...ssparets-dag-i
Old 11-18-2015, 12:14 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Ah the twins are denied then, I was hoping and thought for sometime that she would be expecting twins but I guess I am wrong.

Thanks for the articles.
Old 11-18-2015, 12:22 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Victoria denied today at the visit to Värmland the rumours about twins.

The royal birth is scheduled for early March, and of course the major focus today was on Victoria and the baby belly. What will it be? Even the twins?
Victoria laughed:
- It may look that way, but then I will be very surprised. I have been asked that before, she says then.
But what has Estelle wished for? Prince or princess?
- She in fact wanted a hamster, Victoria laughs.
Daniel laughs too, and says:
- At the risk of it becoming tomorrow's headline.
Victoria says diplomatically:
- I am joking.
Victoria_ Estelle ville hellre ha en hamster _ Nyheter _ Expressen

Svensk Damtidning asked the Crown Princess, who is pregnant with the Crown Princess Couple's second child, if she was expecting twins:
- Does it look like that?
The Crown Princess replied crisply, with a smile, and continued:
- It would be a big surprise in that case.
Expressen's royal reporter wondered then about if Princess Estelle wishes for a little sister or a little brother:
- She wants most preferably a hamster in fact, responded the crown princess and laughed.
Följ kronprinsessparets dag i Karlstad - nwt.se - Ditt Värmland, just nu

I also believed in the twins' theory (based on the assumption that Victoria may have got some artificial "help" to get pregnant). However, it looks like her denial was pretty clear.
Old 11-18-2015, 12:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Estelle's wish for a hamster is too cute.
Old 11-18-2015, 01:12 PM
Aristocracy

It's rude to ask her if she is having twins.
Old 11-18-2015, 01:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Very cute with Estelle wanting a hamster, i hope she gets one
Old 11-18-2015, 01:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Ah the twins are denied then, I was hoping and thought for sometime that she would be expecting twins but I guess I am wrong.

Thanks for the articles.
That's because it's triplets!!!!

See how these rumors start....
Old 11-18-2015, 01:43 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalNight View Post
It's rude to ask her if she is having twins.
Haha, I agree.
Old 11-18-2015, 02:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
That's because it's triplets!!!!

See how these rumors start....
Old 11-18-2015, 03:34 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post

There is no "normal". Some women look like Victoria when pregnant, some like Sofia, some like Madeleine, some like Catherine, and so on...

You can't criticize people for commenting on Victoria's shape, then go on and put her on a pedestal and say she's how "normal" pregnant women look when having a "healthy" pregnancy. If a women stays "model thin" during her pregnancy, it doesn't mean she's having an abnormal and unhealthy pregnancy. You're generalizing just like the posters you're frustrated with.

I agree with Mbruno that people were presuming twins because of the IVF assumption. I think it was also a matter of wishful thinking, they want Victoria to have a medium/large family and they're worried she won't be able to get pregnant again. Yeah, the posts are annoying but they come from a place of hope.
Old 11-19-2015, 01:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
When was it announced that Charlene was carrying twins ? I don't follow the princely family of Monaco, but, if I am not mistaken, it wasn't until late in her pregnancy.

I'm just saying that, if Victoria is pregnant with twins, it is not a given that the Royal Court would already have made that information public by now.
The Swedish royal house would not keep possible twins a secret. Would do absolutely nothing for the PR for the royal family.
Old 11-19-2015, 04:40 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
There is no "normal". Some women look like Victoria when pregnant, some like Sofia, some like Madeleine, some like Catherine, and so on...

You can't criticize people for commenting on Victoria's shape, then go on and put her on a pedestal and say she's how "normal" pregnant women look when having a "healthy" pregnancy. If a women stays "model thin" during her pregnancy, it doesn't mean she's having an abnormal and unhealthy pregnancy. You're generalizing just like the posters you're frustrated with.

I agree with Mbruno that people were presuming twins because of the IVF assumption. I think it was also a matter of wishful thinking, they want Victoria to have a medium/large family and they're worried she won't be able to get pregnant again. Yeah, the posts are annoying but they come from a place of hope.

Goodness I didn't think I put her on a pedestal don't know where that come from. But if you don't like the word normal swap it for average. She looks like the average woman looks IMO
Old 11-19-2015, 06:21 PM
Nobility

I'm laughing sooo hard at the answer about the hamster!!!!
Old 11-19-2015, 07:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by wok_kym View Post
I'm laughing sooo hard at the answer about the hamster!!!!
You could tell Victoria was debating the answer. I suspect she was doing some double and triple thinking in the instant, knowing that if she mentioned any preference it would appear to give the game away. (I think they know the sex of the baby). In many ways it was an impossible question to answer honestly, because any which way answered, it sets up unlooked for possibilities into the future. The hamster answer was just a joke (imo), and with Daniel making a joke of the joke, the newspapers decided to oblige and we have a trifecta (of jokes!)!
Old 11-20-2015, 06:34 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I wouldn't be surprised if they had come up with hamster-joke a long tme ago, preparing themselves to the kind of question that those journalists might ask. Such a question was bound to come up at some point.

Closed Thread