The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2015, 01:49 AM
Imperial Majesty

When Expressen's reporter Niklas Svensson met the royal couple on Friday in Lithuania, they responded to questions about the impending trip to Colombia that Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel make soon.
What advice has the royal couple given them before the trip?
- It is clear that we have talked about it. They'll be there a few days, and you should always be cautious with food while you are in the state that the Crown Princess is. Then maybe you should be a little extra careful. I know that the queen was on a trip when you were in the same situation, said the king, and Silvia continued:
- Yes, it was in Mexico in 1981, I think.
- There are some things like that we have talked about.
Is the royal couple even worried about this trip?
- It's a long journey to begin with. Colombia is in very high also, so it is clear for purely medical reasons that she should be careful and rest. You think as a mother that she should rest a little. They have a tight program, but I really hope it goes well.
But the crown princess is doing well?
- She is doing very well. And she does not really listen to the parents in this case, ha ha.
Drottningen_ _Hon vill inte riktigt lyssna till föräldrarna_ _ Nyheter _ Expressen
Translation

Old 10-10-2015, 09:26 AM
Heir Apparent

I'm sure Victoria has been also advised by her doctors. I think that if she had some troubles she wouldn't go. Said this, it is obvious that she is going to take some precautions....

Old 10-11-2015, 10:27 AM
Heir Apparent

I know I might be too early and this might not be the right thread, but do you think that we will see Prince Nicolas at this babies christening?
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 10-11-2015, 10:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think it depends on his mood on the day. I reckon they'll go for a summer christening which would make Nicolas around a year old and children that age are unpredictable. If he's a handful, feeling unwell or is fussy, they probably won't bring him.

Old 10-11-2015, 04:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
I'm sure Victoria has been also advised by her doctors. I think that if she had some troubles she wouldn't go. Said this, it is obvious that she is going to take some precautions....
While Victoria and Daniel have hinted that this baby took some time and effort to get here, I really doubt she'd be making this trip if she were not in perfect health at this point.
Old 10-15-2015, 09:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

Swedish gossip magazine Hänt i Veckan has made up a story that Daniel is worried that Victoria wants to continue working as long as possible during her pregnancy. Stoppa pressarna quotes the article.
According to the magazine Victoria decides everything about her pregnancy and she refuses to be treated differently, despite her royal title. When she was pregnant with Estelle, she wanted to be treated like any other expectant mother at the hospital.
Getting a new member to the royal family is good news, but Victoria wants to work as long as possible. Even if it means going around with the big pregnancy belly.
- She refuses to stay home. In her world it doesn't exist that she would cancel official duties because she happens to be pregnant, tells a source.
Daniel, who now sees his pregnant wife to work every day, has previously spoken out about his concern about Victoria's pregnancy.
- You don't really dare take out anything in advance, he told when the news that the Crown Princess was expecting their second child was released.
Victoria has a busy schedule ahead. Among other things, she goes to Luxemburg, Peru and Colombia to represent the royal court and Sweden.
Victorias stenhårda krav på Daniel _ Stoppa Pressarna
Old 10-15-2015, 10:04 AM
Heir Apparent

Oh for God's sake! If a woman wants to to take a longer maternity leave she is judged, if she wants to work as longer as possible, they complain... a woman can't win! Good on Victoria I'll say! If there aren't problems I don't see the issue for her to not work, again if the pregnancy is healthy a woman can do almost everything!

As for Daniel's comment: he was being wary, as any parent would be in the early months of a pregnancy... and as nobody can know whether a pregnancy is going to change r not, it was natural for him to say that. As far as I rembember he sad the same thing when Victoria was expecting Estelle!
Old 10-15-2015, 03:12 PM
Courtier

Kudos to CP Victoria. Unlike many women who have work until their body's are in a pre-labor state, CP Victoria will have around the clock medical attention during her pregnancy. I doubt she would place her child's health in jeopardy or hers for that matter. She seems to be a smart, reasonable person and she can make her decisions for herself. P Daniel is protective of his wife and his concerns are understandable
Old 10-19-2015, 04:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Victoria is glowing and her belly is already very big! I wonder how she will be in few months if her bump has already that size. I know that this is her second pregnancy but I wonder if she is 5 months istead of four.... I suspect this baby will arrive as early as Estelle's I guess the by the end of february he or she will be here
Old 10-19-2015, 05:06 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
Victoria is glowing and her belly is already very big! I wonder how she will be in few months if her bump has already that size. I know that this is her second pregnancy but I wonder if she is 5 months istead of four.... I suspect this baby will arrive as early as Estelle's I guess the by the end of february he or she will be here
Twins maybe ? I wouldn't rule that out.
Old 10-19-2015, 05:11 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Awww, that would be amazing!! And if they had a little "help" in the conception twins are more common :) But wasn't she rather large with Estelle? I mean, everyone carries differently.
Old 10-19-2015, 05:14 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
Awww, that would be amazing!! And if they had a little "help" in the conception twins are more common :) But wasn't she rather large with Estelle? I mean, everyone carries differently.
Victoria pregnant with Estelle, 28th September 2011.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Old 10-19-2015, 05:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
That thought crossed my mind, but I think the court has been really clear. They stated "second child": I think that if she were expecting twins they would have either just said straight away or made a more vague statement... It would be lovely though

Yes, with Estelle she was showing very early on... (thank you LadyFinn for providing the pic), but I almost sure that this baby will arrive sooner rather tan later...With Estelle the communiquè also said "due in March" so I think Victoria is a bit in a more an advance stage that 19/20 weeks.
Old 10-20-2015, 03:53 AM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria said at Johan T Lindwall's interview in Peru that her due date is in the beginning of March.
Old 10-20-2015, 08:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Here is the smal intervie: she also speaks about the chrstening of prince Nicolas and of Carl philip's and Sofia's pregnancy.

I was expecting a due date in early March to be fair. Just like it was for Estelle.

Kronprinsessan Victoria: "Det blir nära och det känns väligt roligt" | Kungligt | Expressen.tv
Old 10-23-2015, 02:38 AM
Imperial Majesty

DanaPress gallery, "it looks almost that the belly grows every day"
ROYAL: Victoria - fast sieht es aus, den Bauch Tag für Tag wachsen zu sehen
Old 10-26-2015, 11:06 PM
Nobility

It would be crazy if Victoria were carrying twins. The buzz would be amazing, but it would be crazy. Would there be an official in the delivery room to see which twin is first to keep the line of succession straight? The media would go through royal history to see if there have been royal twins before, and if Daniel had twins in his family. And if this would be the first set of royal twins in the history of Sweden, the TV coverage of the christening would be huge. A duplicate of the traditional christening gown, or two new gowns? Two new parade cradles? Interest would be high because these would be the children of the future Royal Couple.
Old 10-26-2015, 11:58 PM
Serene Highness

She is older and if she had a help getting pregnant the chances for multiples are greater.
Old 10-27-2015, 12:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
It would be crazy if Victoria were carrying twins. The buzz would be amazing, but it would be crazy. Would there be an official in the delivery room to see which twin is first to keep the line of succession straight? The media would go through royal history to see if there have been royal twins before, and if Daniel had twins in his family. And if this would be the first set of royal twins in the history of Sweden, the TV coverage of the christening would be huge. A duplicate of the traditional christening gown, or two new gowns? Two new parade cradles? Interest would be high because these would be the children of the future Royal Couple.
They would know by now if she was carrying twins and they would most certainly have made an announcement. We were guessing for twins during her first pregnancy too but eventually only one baby. Crown Princess Victoria just has her own way of carrying her pregnancy and she just looks very big very early.
Old 10-27-2015, 06:00 AM
Majesty

Poor Victoria. If it were not for the fact that she is hitting every engagement looking absolutely fabulous, she could be forgiven for "going into a decline" as the olds used to say.

Here she is, 38 years old, pregnant with her second child, looking like a million dollars (and that's without her megawatt smile), and all some people and media can do is bang on about how big she is and how awful it will be by March.

Give her a break, even Madeleine was not small this last time and who says you have to look like you are not pregnant until three months before due date and then only look like you're three months gone.

This unremitting version of body shaming has got to stop. Women, real women, have a normal pregnancy that includes an ever increasing bump, that's life, get over it. Not everyone is built like Catherine and a couple of other well-known celebrities who barely showed at all.

This continual harping on how big Victoria is already (oh she really must be having twins) has got to stop. It is toxic!