The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #201  
Old 01-23-2016, 01:01 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 5,914



Roth sounds like an amazing man. The kids in the school are lucky to meet him and have a chance to hear from him first hand. I like that Victoria has met him last year the anniversary and is again involved in an event with him. It is so important to promote children learning our history, it is so true, you must learn from the mistakes of the past or be doomed to repeat them. The initiative to encourage kids to learn about the history and work towards promoting tolerance and humanitarianism is so important right now. Happy this is an initiative Vic has put herself behind
__________________

  #202  
Old 01-23-2016, 03:42 PM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 24,414


Yes, I agree. People like Emerich Roth aren't with us for a long time anymore, so it is very important that as many people as possible can listen to him telling his experiences and what he has learned from them. Roth gave lectures at 13 schools last autumn, but he is getting older and Monday's lecture is the only one he gives in the spring. Victoria has met Emerich Roth many times, photos from some of those meetings:
May 2001 at the delivery of the Emerich Fond's Prizes
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
April 2005 at the delivery of the Emerich Fond's Prizes
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
May 2006 at the delivery of the Emerich Fond's Prizes
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
October 2011, delivering the Knowledge Award to Emerich Roth
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
January 2015, at the 70th Anniversary of the Liberation of Auschwitz, the woman with them is Hedi Fried, another Holocaust survivor.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Also the other members of the royal family have met Emerich Roth and delivered his foundation's Prizes
Carl Philip with Roth in March 2012 at the delivery of the Emerich Fond's Prizes
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Daniel with Roth in April 2013 at the delivery of the Emerich Fond's Prizes
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
King Carl Gustaf with Roth in April 2015 at the delivery of the Emerich Fond's Prizes
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
__________________

  #203  
Old 01-25-2016, 03:17 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 24,414
Victoria arrived to Viksjö School in Järfälla this morning to attend at Holocaust survivor Emerich Roth's lecture and to take part in the school's peace and democracy work during the ongoing Peace Week.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BA9F18tx...ressenkungligt

Galleries
APA-Picturedesk
ROYAL: Kronprinzessin Victoria zur Lesung mit Professor Emmerich Roth

Kronprinsessan Victoria på känslofyllt uppdrag _ Svensk Damtidning

Kronprinsessan vid föreläsning av Emerich Roth - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation
  #204  
Old 01-25-2016, 04:25 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 2,548
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Congrats to Victoria. It is an honor to get a position on an UN program
As mentioned in another forum, Queen Mathilde of the Belgians has also been appointed to the same position.
  #205  
Old 01-25-2016, 06:12 AM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An Iarmhí, Ireland
Posts: 17,920
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Victoria arrived to Viksjö School in Järfälla this morning to attend at Holocaust survivor Emerich Roth's lecture and to take part in the school's peace and democracy work during the ongoing Peace Week.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BA9F18tx...ressenkungligt

Galleries
APA-Picturedesk
ROYAL: Kronprinzessin Victoria zur Lesung mit Professor Emmerich Roth

Kronprinsessan Victoria på känslofyllt uppdrag _ Svensk Damtidning
PPE

PPE Agency
__________________
September 14th, 1982-Death of HSH Princess Grace of Monaco
  #206  
Old 01-25-2016, 07:18 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 24,414
The reporter of Mitt i Järfälla tells that Victoria, the staff and students listened with great interest on the 91-year-old Emerich Roth's lecture.
After the lecture Victoria and Roth looked with student ambassadors at the exhibition, done by the students. They listened with interest to the students during the guided tour. Victoria asked questions and discussed. She seemed impressed by their work and finished with a "well done", writes reporter Anna Nyberg.
The students were excited about Victoria's commitment during the guided tour.
- It was really nerve-racking. I thought we would show her around and then she would nod, but she discussed and asked questions, says Eighth-grader Parnia Hamdollazadehkive, 14 years.
Emerich Roth is impressed by the students.
- After having visited 1,800 schools, I know we have some amazing young people in this country, he says.
Victoria besöker Järfälla _ Mitt i

Court Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/p/BA9eUiUP...-by=kungahuset
From photographer Pelle T Nilsson
https://www.instagram.com/p/BA9oCA8u4gR/

When Victoria last year attended at the 70th anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz, Emerich Roth was with her. Then he asked her sometime to come and listen to one of his lectures and it happened today on Viksjö School in Järfälla.
Just before 9:00 in the morning the crown princess came in the company of bodyguards.
Emerich Roth began his address by noting:
- I am very happy and grateful that the Crown Princess is here today. It means so much. Now I will tell you my story.
Then the crown princess got for a over an hour to hear about how Emerich Roth managed to cheat death again and again during World War II and to survive from the Holocaust:
- We all have to bring this story further and not forget. Never forget, said Emerich Roth.
On the front row inside the school auditorium nodded a touched crown princess Victoria.
Pappa har semester – då rycker Victoria in _ Nyheter _ Expressen
Translation

Short video from the exhibition
https://www.facebook.com/98873056780...type=2&theater

Gallery
Crown Princess Victoria arrival at the Viksjöskolan, Sweden - 25 Jan 2016
Cute
http://previews.rexfeatures.com/prev...06b0ce8ba9c95b

https://twitter.com/Royaleurope/stat...04400570245120
  #207  
Old 01-25-2016, 11:41 AM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 5,914
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
As mentioned in another forum, Queen Mathilde of the Belgians has also been appointed to the same position.
It speaks highly of how the queen/future queen of Belgium an Sweden are viewed. Great honor to both.


Great pics of the event today. It seems that Victoria made an impression on Emerich last year, that he asked her to come again and hear him speak. I wish I saw this kind of event more in Canada, it is so important. The younger generation needs to understand fully about those times. I regret I never got to learn first hand from my grandfathers. One died when I was 3. The other when he returned from war never spoke of it again (except to 1 son in law). We found out when he died, and the military sent someone to speak, that he was in the devil's brigade, something no one realized (we thought he was infantry). My grandmother though did tell me stories of living in London during the air raids. She left the safety of the north with 2 sisters. Her sisters were nurses, she wasn't so she volunteered to hand ammunition to the anti-aircraft gunners so she was literally in the middle of the London air raids.
  #208  
Old 01-25-2016, 01:33 PM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 24,414
Short video of the interview of Johan T Lindwall
Victoria: "Of course one gets very touched. That is the intention. This must not be forgotten"
https://www.instagram.com/p/BA9wf6tt...n-by=expressen

https://twitter.com/ClaesThunblad/st...06308399779840
https://www.instagram.com/p/BA9wzwnTgcV/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BA9uwa_wAZq/

Galleries
Face to Face
Pregnant Princess Victoria arrives for a Lecture - Images _ AdMedia Photo
  #210  
Old 01-26-2016, 04:18 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 24,414
About Emerich Roth's life
Emerich was 19, when he and his family were taken to Auschwitz-Birkenau in 1943. People were put to two rows: men to the other and women to the other. Emerich and his father were in one row, his mother and younger sisters Edit, 17, Elisabeth, 15, Magdalena, 12 and Judith, 10 at the other row. They walked in front of doctor Mengele. He showed with his hand who should live, and who should die. Emerich and his father got to go to the left - to the work camp, and Edit and Elisabeth too. Their mother and the two youngest sisters were put to the right, straight to the gas chamber. Emerich was 14 months at five different concentration camps. When the liberation came, 8th may 1945, he was in Theresienstadt. His father had been shot two months earlier, and about the same time Edit died at another camp. Only Emerich and his sister Elisabeth survived, the rest of the family together with 40 relatives, died at the Holocaust. Emerich got into a hospital, he was 175 cm tall and weighed 34 kilos. After over four years at a hospital he came to Sweden, were his sister Elisabeth was living. He and his sister didn't talk about what had happened, it was too difficult. Until summer 1992, when Roth was walking in Stockholm and heard men scream "Sieg Heil!" And nobody cared or reacted. And then Roth knew that he had to do something and started The Association of Holocaust Survivors in Sweden.
Emerich, 88_ Är min livsuppgift att berätta _ Svenska Hjältar

It is heart-warming to see the photos of Victoria and Roth, when Victoria was leaving.
http://static1.purepeople.com/articl...te-950x0-2.jpg
http://static1.purepeople.com/articl...te-950x0-2.jpg
http://static1.purepeople.com/articl...te-950x0-2.jpg

The whole PurePeople gallery
Victoria de Suède, enceinte _ Ses retrouvailles chaleureuses avec Emerich Roth

Johan T Lindwall's report/Expressen's video from yesterday, with a warning about strong photos - Emerich Roth has a film about Holocaust with him at his lecture.
Victoria: "Of course one gets very touched. That is the intention. This must not be forgotten. That he has been here today, despite of his age, despite that it is tough to speak about these things, it is so incredibly precious. And important for all of us. And the film which was shown today about his history, it is what we have left for the future. The students and others should be able to understand, try to understand all that dreadful which has happened, to be able to have these memories alive". Lindwall asks about Victoria's visit to Auschwitz and Victoria says: "It is exceedingly tough but really important".
Lindwall says to Roth that Victoria was touched about what Roth told and she had said that we all must help that this is not forgotten. Roth says: "That is the most important thing, that gives me still motivation and strength to continue as long as I can. What we who have survived from Holocaust tell, that isn't much written at the history books or schoolbooks".
Kronprinsessan Victoria berörd av Emerich Roths tal om förintelsen _ Nyheter _ Expressen.tv

Prinsessa Victorian vauvavatsa on jo valtava
Victoria i Whyred _ Kungliga modebloggen
Täpärä tilanne kuvina_ Raskaana oleva kruununprinsessa Victoria pelasti putoamassa olleen 91-vuotiaan kirjailijan - Kuninkaalliset - Ilta-Sanomat
  #211  
Old 01-26-2016, 03:30 PM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 24,414
Some photos from last Thursday 21st January, Victoria at the concert of Young Music at the Palace, "Musiken som försvann" & Adolf Fredriks musikklasser ("The music that disappeared").
Seklassen_ Kronprinsessan på besök!
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-UJXTciiDXz...w/s1600/kp.jpg
Group photo with some of the performers, taken at the Hall of the Order of the Seraphim.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

EDIT: Johan T Lindwall publishes today 27th January, on the Holocaust Memorial Day, still an article about Victoria at Emerich Roth's lecture.
- You become naturally very shaken after having heard Emerich tell about in what he and his family were involved, the Crown Princess says after the lecture.
Emerich Roth is grateful that the Crown Princess was with him last year at Auschwitz:
- It was extremely important that the Crown Princess was with the visit and I am grateful that she committed herself. During the trip we talked about that one day she too would come to one of my lectures in Sweden. That the crown princess has now been with me is an honor and I'm delighted that she has taken the time. We all have a great responsibility to keep the memory of the Holocaust alive. We must never forget. Never ever, Emerich Roth says.
In the film, Emerich Roth tells about the piles of corpses in the concentration camp, how the Nazis shot and killed his camp mates and the death march when he finally lost his father.
- We should be grateful that Emerich despite his age travels around and talks about this. Something that obviously is tough to talk about. What has happened is tough for all of us to talk about. Incredibly important and valuable for us all to take up and talk about, says Crown Princess Victoria.
Crown Princess Victoria believes that everyone has a responsibility:
- We can talk about it. For example, at the kitchen table. You have to look around in the society we live in today, and live as well as possible.
There are a number of things that Victoria points out that anyone can do:
- That we are standing up against violence. Against bullying. Against hatred simply.
Then she concludes:
- Dare to show love and compassion, to stand up for human rights. And above all, to show each other respect.
_Det som har skett får aldrig falla i glömska_ _ Nyheter _ Expressen
Translation
  #212  
Old 01-27-2016, 08:54 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 24,414
Victoria delivers at 15.00 Micael Bindefeld's Foundation in the memory of Holocaust's scholarships at the Royal Opera.
Micael Bindefeld, well-known and respected organizer of professional events, founded in 2014 his Foundation in order to support those who have a desire to communicate, provide information on, photo insert, or otherwise disseminate knowledge to a wide Swedish audience with stories of the Holocaust. Bindefeld donated five million SEK to the foundation and told at the interviews that he will donate the most part of his fortune to the Foundation in his will. Many of Bindefeld’s relatives were executed at Holocaust. Daniel delivered the first scholarships last year.
The 2016 scholarship is awarded to the association Zikaron. Zikaron is a nonprofit organization that provides schools free lectures about the Holocaust by the Jewish youth of 18-30 years old. The lecturers take their ancestors' history and pass them on through personal and informative lectures. The association was founded by childhood friends Adina Krantz and Nadine Gerson both of which are third generation survivors. The scholarship allows the association's founders make true of their dream of an organization that provides third generation survivors the opportunity to bring the memory of the Holocaust on to schoolchildren across the country. We must never forget! Adina Krantz and Nadine Gerson get altogether SEK 300 000.
Micael Bindefelds Stiftelse till minne av Förintelsen tillkännager 2016 års stipendiater

Micael Bindefeld to Expressen: To keep the memory of the Holocaust alive is not a jewish issue. The attendance of the royal family, parliament and government shows that the whole Sweden is engaged in what kind of society we want and want to live in.

Short video of Victoria arriving and Micael Bindefeld welcoming her.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BBC4hmXM...damtidningfest
Another video of Victoria and Micael Bindefeld
https://www.instagram.com/p/BBC_N0rM...C3%B6rintelsen

Victoria and Micael Bindefeld
https://www.instagram.com/p/BBC4sj-x...sessanvictoria

https://twitter.com/PeterFellman/sta...52599249526784
https://www.instagram.com/p/BBC6RLCS...aelbindefeldab

Photo from court Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/p/BBC9AR8v...-by=kungahuset

Some friends of the royal family were also there: from left Caroline Nilsson, her mother Agneta Kreuger and Leonie Persson.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BBC1N2DM...damtidningfest

Victoria, Micael Bindefeld and the scholarship winners Adina Krantz and Nadine Gerson from Zikaron.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BBDAdzyS...aelbindefeldab
  #213  
Old 01-27-2016, 11:02 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 24,414
Galleries
From Getty Images/Zimbio
Presentation Of Scholarships From Micael Bindefeld Foundation In Memory Of The Holocaust

This is Hedi Fried, one of the Holocaust survivors, who was with Victoria and Emerich Roth in the 70th Anniversary of the Liberation of Auschwitz last year.
http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/P...VnSsB8yxDx.jpg
http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/P...4Ky1m_C_Lx.jpg

ROYAL: Kronprinzessin Victoria bei der Vergabe von Stipendien der Micael Bindefeld Stiftung
APA-Picturedesk

Kronprinsessan vid stipendieutdelning till minne av Förintelsen - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation

Svensk Damtidning writes that Victoria was very touched during the ceremony and when Lisa Nilsson sang in the end, Victoria had to fight not to cry.
De rörde Victoria till tårar _ Svensk Damtidning
Translation

According to the website of Micael Bindefeld's Foundation, it is annually supported by Prince Carl Gustaf's Foundation.

From the Facebook of Zikaron
https://www.facebook.com/zikaronswed...type=3&theater

https://www.instagram.com/p/BBDkSrvO...=pelletnilsson

Video from yesterday, Victoria arriving and from the ceremony
Se Victoria dela ut stipendier här – i vår nya film! _ Svensk Damtidning
  #214  
Old 01-27-2016, 11:35 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: san diego, United States
Posts: 6,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
This is Hedi Fried, one of the Holocaust survivors, who was with Victoria and Emerich Roth in the 70th Anniversary of the Liberation of Auschwitz last year.
http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/P...VnSsB8yxDx.jpg
http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/P...4Ky1m_C_Lx.jpg
beautiful photos. thanks
  #215  
Old 01-27-2016, 11:52 AM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 5,914
Thank you for all the amazing photos and explanations as well

The photos with Vic with both Roth and the female survivor show her amazing heart. She really does invest herself into such a cause.
  #216  
Old 01-28-2016, 02:56 AM
Tiggersk8's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Evansville, Canada
Posts: 2,119
Crown Princess Victoria, Current Events Part 10: October 2014 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
It speaks highly of how the queen/future queen of Belgium an Sweden are viewed. Great honor to both.


Great pics of the event today. It seems that Victoria made an impression on Emerich last year, that he asked her to come again and hear him speak. I wish I saw this kind of event more in Canada, it is so important. The younger generation needs to understand fully about those times. I regret I never got to learn first hand from my grandfathers. One died when I was 3. The other when he returned from war never spoke of it again (except to 1 son in law). We found out when he died, and the military sent someone to speak, that he was in the devil's brigade, something no one realized (we thought he was infantry). My grandmother though did tell me stories of living in London during the air raids. She left the safety of the north with 2 sisters. Her sisters were nurses, she wasn't so she volunteered to hand ammunition to the anti-aircraft gunners so she was literally in the middle of the London air raids.

One of your Grandfathers was one of The Devil's Brigade!?! Wow!! What those men did and experienced deserves our greatest of respect and honour. I thank God every day my Dad made sure I know about both our Military History as a Nation and as a Family, not to mention all he could teach me about Canadian History period because he knew that wouldn't be happening at School sadly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
About Emerich Roth's life
Emerich was 19, when he and his family were taken to Auschwitz-Birkenau in 1943. People were put to two rows: men to the other and women to the other. Emerich and his father were in one row, his mother and younger sisters Edit, 17, Elisabeth, 15, Magdalena, 12 and Judith, 10 at the other row. They walked in front of doctor Mengele. He showed with his hand who should live, and who should die. Emerich and his father got to go to the left - to the work camp, and Edit and Elisabeth too. Their mother and the two youngest sisters were put to the right, straight to the gas chamber. Emerich was 14 months at five different concentration camps. When the liberation came, 8th may 1945, he was in Theresienstadt. His father had been shot two months earlier, and about the same time Edit died at another camp. Only Emerich and his sister Elisabeth survived, the rest of the family together with 40 relatives, died at the Holocaust. Emerich got into a hospital, he was 175 cm tall and weighed 34 kilos. After over four years at a hospital he came to Sweden, were his sister Elisabeth was living. He and his sister didn't talk about what had happened, it was too difficult. Until summer 1992, when Roth was walking in Stockholm and heard men scream "Sieg Heil!" And nobody cared or reacted. And then Roth knew that he had to do something and started The Association of Holocaust Survivors in Sweden.
Emerich, 88_ Är min livsuppgift att berätta _ Svenska Hjältar
Thank you for telling us about this remarkable man. While I loathe and despise what happened for Mr. Roth to realize what he had to do, I have the greatest of respect for all Holocaust Survivors, but especially for those such as Mr. Roth. Knowing what they all went through, I can't blame any for wanting to try and forget. We toss around the expression I've been through Hell and back w/out truly thinking about it all the time. These people though? These incredible people truly did go through Hell and back and for them to relive all of it over and over and over again....It just humbles me to my very core and God Bless Them for having the Courage to relive it over and over and over.

Very heart warming. You do have to wonder though...Who is the Charmer and who is the Charmed in those pictures? :). The affection both have for each other literally beams out from them.

Quote:
Johan T Lindwall's report/Expressen's video from yesterday, with a warning about strong photos - Emerich Roth has a film about Holocaust with him at his lecture.
Victoria: "Of course one gets very touched. That is the intention. This must not be forgotten. That he has been here today, despite of his age, despite that it is tough to speak about these things, it is so incredibly precious. And important for all of us. And the film which was shown today about his history, it is what we have left for the future. The students and others should be able to understand, try to understand all that dreadful which has happened, to be able to have these memories alive". Lindwall asks about Victoria's visit to Auschwitz and Victoria says: "It is exceedingly tough but really important".
Lindwall says to Roth that Victoria was touched about what Roth told and she had said that we all must help that this is not forgotten. Roth says: "That is the most important thing, that gives me still motivation and strength to continue as long as I can. What we who have survived from Holocaust tell, that isn't much written at the history books or schoolbooks".
Kronprinsessan Victoria berörd av Emerich Roths tal om förintelsen _ Nyheter _ Expressen.tv

Prinsessa Victorian vauvavatsa on jo valtava
Victoria i Whyred _ Kungliga modebloggen
Täpärä tilanne kuvina_ Raskaana oleva kruununprinsessa Victoria pelasti putoamassa olleen 91-vuotiaan kirjailijan - Kuninkaalliset - Ilta-Sanomat

Perfectly said. We must never forget what happened, we must also pledge to keep telling what happened, otherwise it will be forgotten.

Victoria's, and the entire Royal Family's for that matter, commitment to keep the Memories alive by taking part in or becoming Patrons to those Organizations is so beyond important, there are no words to properly express it.

May we all take a moment today/tonight on this Holocaust Remembrance Day to stop and pray for all of the Victims and we will remember, so it may never happen again.


Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
__________________
Recycle Life ~ Be An Organ Donor!!
Recieved my Kidney Transplant on December 10th, 1993 and will be forever grateful to the family of my donor for the greatest earliest Christmas Present I've ever been given
  #217  
Old 01-28-2016, 06:00 AM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An Iarmhí, Ireland
Posts: 17,920
HRH The Crown Princess of Sweden visits the royal opera in Stockholm for the annual Holocaust Memorial day in Stockholm on January 27th.

Belga

Belga Image - Editorial

ppe

http://www.ppe-agency.com/show.php?z...-2016%20Sweden
__________________
September 14th, 1982-Death of HSH Princess Grace of Monaco
  #218  
Old 01-28-2016, 08:36 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 24,414
Micael Bindefeld at his Instagram:
Holocaust Memorial Day!! Proud and truly honored to have H.R.H Crown Princess Victoria give out the grant from my foundation "Micael Bindefelds Stiftelse till minne av Förintelsen" to @zikaron !!!! @zikaron is founded by two strong young women who are both third generation Holocaust Survivors.
They spend all their free time lecturing about their families and the Holocaust in schools!! So proud of the work you do @adinakrantz and @nadinegerson !!!!
https://www.instagram.com/p/BBDvtiBA...icaelbindefeld
Another photo from his Instagram:
H.R.H Crown Princess Victoria and me surrounded by friends, politicians, photographers, ministers, tv-crews, family and of course a few Holocaust Survivers in the beautiful Golden Hall of the Royal Opera House in Stockholm.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BBFGIdrA...icaelbindefeld

And a photo which tells why Micael Bindefeld does this, founded his Foundation: his paternal grandfather had 9 sisters and brothers - only 3 of the 10 siblings survived from the Holocaust.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BA-kOF9g...icaelbindefeld

Short video
https://www.instagram.com/p/BBFec95S...aelbindefeldab

Gallery
IBL Bildbyrå
This is Nina Lagergren, the 94-year old half-sister of Raoul Wallenberg.
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0300010080...53989089316108
  #219  
Old 01-29-2016, 11:34 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 24,414
Victoria met today Johan Rockström, professor of environmental science and executive director of the Stockholm Resilience Center. During the meeting they discussed about current environmental issues and the Crown Princess's work as an UN’s advocate for the new Sustainable Development Goals.
Kronprinsessan i möte med Johan Rockström - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation

Here is also a new video of Victoria's meeting with Emerich Roth on Monday.
Victoria von Schweden_ Dieser Termin ging ihr zu Herzen _ BUNTE.de
  #220  
Old 02-03-2016, 02:35 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 24,414
Micael Bindefeld Foundation in Memory of the Holocaust has published photos of last week's scholarship delivery ceremony, taken by photographer Karl Gabor:
Arriving with Micael Bindefeld
http://bindefeldstiftelse.se/wp-cont...02/DSC6278.jpg
Greeting Jan Malmsjö, the moderator of the event
http://bindefeldstiftelse.se/wp-cont...02/DSC6298.jpg
Greeting Hédi Fried, the Holocaust survivor
http://bindefeldstiftelse.se/wp-cont...02/DSC6312.jpg
The ceremony
http://bindefeldstiftelse.se/wp-cont...02/DSC6401.jpg
http://bindefeldstiftelse.se/wp-cont...02/DSC6412.jpg
http://bindefeldstiftelse.se/wp-cont...02/DSC6452.jpg
Victoria and Micael Bindefeld
http://bindefeldstiftelse.se/wp-cont...02/DSC6470.jpg

The whole gallery
Bindefeld Stiftelse galleri
__________________

Closed Thread

Tags
crown princess victoria, current events, lisbon, portugal, president cavaco da silva, princess victoria, sweden, victoria


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crown Princess Victoria, Current Events, Part 11, September 2017 - Marengo Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family 1 Yesterday 08:54 AM
Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 17: September 2016 - September 2017 iceflower Archives 417 09-05-2017 06:45 AM
Crown Princess Victoria's Eveningwear Part 6: November 2014 - March 2017 iceflower Archives 405 03-24-2017 04:20 AM
Crown Princess Victoria, Current Events Part 9: June 2010 - October 2014 Marengo Current Events Archive 605 10-29-2014 08:13 PM
Crown Princess Victoria's Daytime Fashion Part 8: September 2013 - June 2014 dazzling Archives 385 06-14-2014 11:46 AM




Popular Tags
albania best outfit birthday carl gustaf chris o'neill crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess victoria current events denmark fashion poll general news hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume infanta cristina infanta leonor infanta sofia iñaki urdangarín king felipe king felipe vi king philippe letizia liechtenstein monarchy news november 2016 october 2016 picture of the week prince alexander prince carl philip prince charles prince daniel prince felix prince gabriel prince nicholas prince oscar princess claire of luxembourg princess estelle princess leonore princess madeleine princess mary princess mary fashion princess of asturias princess sofia princess victoria queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen mathilde queen mathilde daytime fashion queen mathilde fashion queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen silvia state visit stephanie sweden swedish royal family the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats victoria


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:59 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises