Crown Princess Victoria, Current Events Part 10: October 2014 - September 21, 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Victoria's calendar was updated today. She meets Mogens Lykketoft, the President of the UN General Assembly on Monday 15th.

Today Victoria delivers the Global Change Award at the Stockholm City Hall.
The Global Change Award is an innovation challenge, initiated by H&M Conscious Foundation. By catalysing green, truly groundbreaking ideas the aim of the annual challenge is to protect the planet by closing the loop for fashion. The H&M Conscious Foundation is an independent non-profit global foundation initiated by H&M. The mission of the Foundation is to drive long lasting positive change and improve living conditions by investing in people, communities and innovative ideas. Through partnerships with experienced organizations around the globe, the Foundation now drives change within the three focus areas Education, Clean Water and Strengthening Women. Today, the Foundation is funded by the Stefan Persson family, founders and main owners of H&M. Since 2013, the family has donated 900 million SEK to the Foundation.
As the competition of Global Change Award closed on 31 October, more than 2 700 innovators from 112 countries had signed up to share their ideas. The five winners share a grant of €1 000,000 and get tailor-made support for one year from H&M Conscious Foundation, Accenture and KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm. The Jury chose five winners and people have been able to vote for their favourites. The winner who gets the most votes, gets €300 000, the second €250 000, and the third, fourth and fifth €150 000.

Johan T Lindwall writes and tells at the video that when Victoria arrived to the gala, she was asked if there was three or four (meaning the work events left), but Victoria thought that they were asking if there would be three or four babies and laughed "No, No!". Victoria wore a dress from H&M Conscious Exclusive Collection Spring 2016.
The video shows Victoria arriving
Victorias babyskämt drog ner gapskratt _ Nyheter _ Expressen
Translation

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ca33mk0WcAA9GTm.jpg:large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ca4DeGYUYAAngL2.jpg:large
https://twitter.com/TriciaTomlinso1/status/697498135032152064
https://twitter.com/misum_sse/status/697501258882666496
https://twitter.com/Royaleurope/status/697508657718816769

Galleries
APA-Picturedesk
ROYAL: Kronprinzessin Victoria bei der Vergabe des Global Change Award

HRH Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden presents the five winners of Global Change Award 2015 and the result of the vote. The grant has been divided as follows…
Making waste-cotton new gets €300,000 with 31 % of the votes. The polyester digester gets €250,000 with 22 % of the votes. An online marketplace for textile leftovers gets €150,000 with 18 % of the votes. 100 percent citrus gets €150,000 with 15 % of the votes. Growing textile fibre under water gets €150,000 with 14 % of the votes.
https://www.facebook.com/globalchan...526145845295/1542981169333125/?type=3&theater

Gallery
SWE: Victoria of Sweden Attends Global Change Award 2016 Pictures And Photos _ Getty Images

Last edited by a moderator:
previous.gif
Another photogallery:

PPE Agency

Looking radiant and ready to pop. Over eight months pregnant and still actively doing duties :flowers: I am not surprised she has only one more duty on the calendar. Time to focus on her little baby on the way.

Not a fan of the style of her dress, the neckline seems odd on her. Liked majority of her maternity clothes this time but this was a miss IMO.

Nice initiative set up by HM. I know Victoria is good friends with one of the HM heiresses, and often wears their clothes, so no surprise she would be involved in some of their non-profit work.

Looking radiant and ready to pop. Over eight months pregnant and still actively doing duties :flowers: I am not surprised she has only one more duty on the calendar. Time to focus on her little baby on the way.

Not a fan of the style of her dress, the neckline seems odd on her. Liked majority of her maternity clothes this time but this was a miss IMO.

Nice initiative set up by HM. I know Victoria is good friends with one of the HM heiresses, and often wears their clothes, so no surprise she would be involved in some of their non-profit work.

Victoria and Daniel are friends of the ceo of H&M, Karl-Johan Persson and his wife Leonie. Leonie Persson (born Gillberg) is Victoria's friend from childhood, they were at the same class at Enskilda gymnasiet. Victoria, Daniel and Estelle spent time with the Persson family in St. Maxime last summer. And Karl-Johan Persson told at one school visit of Prince Daniel Fellowship about how he and Daniel play golf together. Karl-Johan's father Stefan Persson is the king's friend, so the families have known for a long time.
Victoria has two events at her calendar now, one tomorrow and one on Monday. In addition to that, the king is at the Royal Technology Mission in Japan on 15th-20th February, so it seems that Victoria is the regent in Sweden on that time, since Margareta Thorgren said that Victoria wants to work until she gives birth.

Pregnant Princess Victoria of Sweden steps out to attend the Global Change Award _ Daily Mail Online

Victoria, the ceo of H&M Karl-Johan Persson and all the winners
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...07_1542992889331953_1176785577156874940_o.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/BBnvU11u4hD/?taken-by=pelletnilsson

Short video
Här gör kronprinsessan Victoria sitt sista offentliga framträdande - TV4 Play

Last edited:
Please pardon me if this is not the right thread to post this, but WOW! That, ladies and gentlemen, is how you rock a maternity dress. She looks drop dead gorgeous, ah maze ing! A class act to the very end, love this lady :heartflower:

Victoria and Daniel are friends of the ceo of H&M, Karl-Johan Persson and his wife Leonie. Leonie Persson (born Gillberg) is Victoria's friend from childhood, they were at the same class at Enskilda gymnasiet. Victoria, Daniel and Estelle spent time with the Persson family in St. Maxime last summer. And Karl-Johan Persson told at one school visit of Prince Daniel Fellowship about how he and Daniel play golf together. Karl-Johan's father Stefan Persson is the king's friend, so the families have known for a long time.
Victoria has two events at her calendar now, one tomorrow and one on Monday. In addition to that, the king is at the Royal Technology Mission in Japan on 15th-20th February, so it seems that Victoria is the regent in Sweden on that time, since Margareta Thorgren said that Victoria wants to work until she gives birth.

Pregnant Princess Victoria of Sweden steps out to attend the Global Change Award _ Daily Mail Online

Victoria, the ceo of H&M Karl-Johan Persson and all the winners
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...07_1542992889331953_1176785577156874940_o.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/BBnvU11u4hD/?taken-by=pelletnilsson

Short video
Här gör kronprinsessan Victoria sitt sista offentliga framträdande - TV4 Play

Does regent actually entail anything? Sorry if this is a dumb question. Like does the king have weekly meetings or anything she has to attend in his stead. Or she just acts if something comes up:ermm:

Does regent actually entail anything? Sorry if this is a dumb question. Like does the king have weekly meetings or anything she has to attend in his stead. Or she just acts if something comes up:ermm:

The swedish constitution says: "The Head of State shall be kept informed by the Prime Minister concerning the affairs of the Realm. The Government convenes as Council of State under the chairmanship of the Head of State when so required".
The king and Victoria attend at the meetings of the Council of State, one of them was yesterday. Normally there are only 3-4 meetings of the Council of State in a year. Maybe the prime minister and government also send daily information about the decisions of the government to the Head of State so that the Head of State is up to date what is happening at his country. The Marshal of the Realm is responsible for contacts with the government and parliament, the information goes through him.

Last edited:
Johan T Lindwall writes and tells at the video that when Victoria arrived to the gala, she was asked if there was three or four (meaning the work events left), but Victoria thought that they were asking if there would be three or four babies and laughed "No, No!". Victoria wore a dress from H&M Conscious Exclusive Collection Spring 2016.
The video shows Victoria arriving
Victorias babyskämt drog ner gapskratt _ Nyheter _ Expressen
Translation
[/URL]

Hmmm, when looking at the Video and the arrival of CP Victoria, who was the lady who accompanied her? It seems, she tried to wrap her arm all the time and it seems Victoria shaked her arm once to "get rid of the bond" (after 47 secs) .... followed by the lady who tried to hold her arm again.

I assume, she just wanted to give her a hold (high heels, heavy pregnancy, but......) but nevertheless .... an awkward moment.....

BYe Bine

Hmmm, when looking at the Video and the arrival of CP Victoria, who was the lady who accompanied her? It seems, she tried to wrap her arm all the time and it seems Victoria shaked her arm once to "get rid of the bond" (after 47 secs) .... followed by the lady who tried to hold her arm again.

I assume, she just wanted to give her a hold (high heels, heavy pregnancy, but......) but nevertheless .... an awkward moment.....

BYe Bine

The woman was Diana Amini, the Global Manager of the H&M Conscious Foundation.

Victoria and Karl-Johan Persson, the ceo of H&M
https://www.instagram.com/p/BBo0TBTmcf2/?taken-by=fotografkarintornblom

A good quality video
Se filmen med kronprinsessan Victoria på Global Change Awards _ Svensk Damtidning

Short video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_6YbGfla7I

From ParisMatch
Victoria de Suède enceinte en photos - Un baby bump tout en dentelle H&M pour la princesse
From PurePeople
Victoria de Suède, enceinte de 8 mois _ Somptueuse en H&M et d'humeur à rire

Still going strong… _ Kongebloggen - Kjell Arne Totland
https://www.instagram.com/p/BBnu0bmEYoR/?taken-by=michaelelmenbeck

Last edited by a moderator:
How many more engagements i wonder are planned for Victoria before her due date?

One left, other than being regent when her father is away. She had an event today where her and her father met the climate ambassador.

A picture from today
http://bernadottewindsor.tumblr.com...-thursday-11th-february-2016-king-carl-gustaf

Had to go look at the Swedish version of the royal website, as the English hasn't been updated. But she is meeting with president of the UN General assembly on Monday the 15th

Last edited:
Last edited:
Victoria has had one more work event, from the court website:
One day in mid-February, the Crown Princess visited the Bernadotte Library at the Royal Palace to take part of the ongoing work on the collections. Bernadotte Library's collections include around 100,000 books and 500,000 photographs that have belonged to the Bernadotte dynasty. There are also large collections of sheet music and maps.
During the morning, the Crown Princess visited the library and photo and album archives.
At the Bernadotte Library the Crown Princess heard, among other things, about the work with the book collections such as cataloging and band descriptions. And about the large amount of requests coming in from researchers and the public.
Kronprinsessan besökte Bernadottebiblioteket - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation

Court Instagram:
The Crown Princess and Palace librarian Arvid Jakobsson visit the archives at the Royal Palace. The album is from 1862 and belonged to Karl XV. The album was a gift from the "Royal Marine Regiment" in Karlskrona and contains photos of the officers at the military unit.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BB9hK-7v8qI/?taken-by=kungahuset

Nya bilder på gravida Victoria… _ Svensk Damtidning

Its not too long to go now. Very exciting! I wonder what the public mood is in Sweden?

Its not too long to go now. Very exciting! I wonder what the public mood is in Sweden?

Quite normal mood i would say. Many people is excited and happy for Victoria, Daniel and Estelle, that their family is growing and wants to see the newborn. Or maybe newbornS. There is alot of speculation about wether it is twins. But there is no media hystery.

Victorias obstetrician during Estelle's birth Lennart Nordström was interviewed in "Aftonbladet" today about delivery procedures at Karolinska University Hospital.

He did not comment about wether he is the obstetrician this time too. Ofcourse the journalist had to ask him about wether he belive it is twins (as if they would expect any yes/no answers from a doctor !) and he responded perfectly : "I don't want to comment, i never guess, i am a pro" ��

Last edited:
I'm sure if victoria was expecting twins then it would have been announced.

I'm surprised the twins speculation is still going, even now. The court may have announced if Victoria were going to have twins, but this would be one birthday gift to the king if it were true. I know other royal and princely houses announced twin royals - Denmark and Monaco - but maybe Sweden chooses to be different. I'm glad they are leaving the Crown Princess Family be at this time. I'm also glad no paparazzi are stalking the local hospitals or Haga Palace, hoping to catch Victoria with Daniel carrying the overnight bag.

If it were twins, how would the palace handle the christening? Has there any history of royal twins born? The palace would have to re-write the protocol.

I don't get the speculation either. Victoria and Dan have outright said IIRC that they are only expecting one child. It would be one thing if they just never responded to the questions, but to out right deny its twins if they are expecting them?? If it is twins I assume it will be a surprise to all including the couple.

I would think the baptism would be held along the lines of the Danish twins. I wouldn't think there would be any need for much change from a single baptism. I don't believe there is any history of twins in the family, at least close to the throne.

Doesn't protocol dictate there are witnesses from the court for a royal birth? I imagine it would be necessary if there were twins for they need to keep the succession order straight. As for the christening, how would they get two parade cradles? They can't use the one Estelle had because it's meant for the heir. And the christening gown - it's an heirloom that has all the names of the royal successors stitched in. Unless there is an extra gown in case of twins this would be hard.

Cradle: AFAIR There is the cradle of Karl XI used by the heir. There is the cradle of Charles XV which was used by Madeleine and her children. Thereis also a 'parade cradle' which was traditionally used for princesses, and seems to be the one used for Victoria's baptism. If she was having twins, I'd suspect they would use the Charles and the one used for Victoria.

As for the gown a replica likely would have to be made. Unless like the Danes they have a secondary gown.

As for witnesses

On the occasion of a royal birth, a statement of witness is drawn up in accordance with tradition. This is done on the day after the birth, unless the birth takes place on a Saturday, in which case the statement of witness is drawn up on the following Monday.

The Speaker, the Prime Minister, the Marshal of the Realm and the Mistress of the Robes are the witnesses. The statement of witness is signed and sealed by these witnesses.

The days they are in the birthing room are thankfully over. But they do sign off on it. Considering if it was twins, they aren't first and second in line, there would be no reason to lie anyways about birth order, even if for some reason Victoria wanted a son to be ahead of a daughter

Victoria met today Annika Söder (State Secretary to Minister for Foreign Affairs Margot Wallström), Ulrika Modéer (State Secretary to Minister for International Development Cooperation Isabella Lövin) and Annelie Roswall Ljunggren (State Secretary to Minister for Public Administration Ardalan Sherakabi) at the Royal Palace.
At the meeting they discussed about the UN's global goals for sustainable development and Crown Princess's ambassadorship for global goals.
Kronprinsessan i möte om FN_s globala mål - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation

Ingen bebis än! Kronprinsessan Victoria i möte på slottet _ Svensk Damtidning

Last edited:
Thank you LadyFinn! Still working! I really thought she were done with engagements by now, but it seems it is not so:lol:

When Victoria was expecting Estelle, she had an official engagement (a lunch with the finnish prime minister, IIRC) two days before Estelle was born. She has said that she will keep working as long as she feels fine, and I see no reason why she should stop if she feels okay. Just staying home and waiting doesn't really strike me as her thing.. :)

If she is still feeling good and up to it good for her :flowers:

Estelle came a bit early so she probably had no idea when she was meeting with the Finish president, her baby would come 2 days later :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom