The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-20-2015, 01:12 PM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria met today professor Johan Rockström from Stockholm Resilience Centre at the Royal Palace. We will see if the court puts photo of the meeting to the website.

Old 11-28-2015, 12:11 PM
Courtier

Yesterday:

Utrikesnämnd på Kungliga slottet - Sveriges Kungahus

Nobelstiftelsens presentation av årets Nobelpristagare - Sveriges Kungahus

Old 12-03-2015, 05:19 AM
Imperial Majesty

From court Instagram today
"When the Crown Princess visited Tjejzonen (the girls zone) she got the opportunity to the questions and problems young girls experience. In the photo, The Crown Princess watches "big sister" Camilla during a chatting session."
https://www.instagram.com/p/-0unidP8...-by=kungahuset

From the website of Tjejzonen
"Tjejzonen is a politically and religiously independent non-profit organization. The organization was founded in 1998. Our overall purpose is to relieve and prevent psychological illness. The work we do is built on a belief that personal meetings and conversation itself can have a healing effect.
Today we offer supportive conversations and relationships, both in person and online. In 2012 Tjejzonen had about 10 800 contacts. About 200 volunteers are active within the organization, they are recruited, trained, guided and coordinated by employed staff and according to our own manifesto.
Our target group is girls between 12 and 25 years of age. We welcome all girls, irrespective of culture, ethnicity or sexual orientation. Our goal is an equal society and we condemn racism, violence, bullying, oppression and abuse. No drugs or alcohol are allowed within the organization."
"The organization consists of the Big Sister project: Big Sisters live, Big Sister chat and Big Sisters Skype (voice and video-calls). A Big Sister is a volunteer who is about ten years older than the Little Sister (the girl who needs help). They meet regularly for about a year to spend time and talk together and focus on the needs of the Little Sister. The project also consists of online conversations: a private chat room where you can speak freely, e-mail conversations and a private chat room where the focus is on eating disorders."
http://www.tjejzonen.se/english/

An article at the court website, Victoria visited Tjejzonen on Wednesday.
Kronprinsessan hos Tjejzonen - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation
Old 12-03-2015, 09:03 AM
Heir Apparent

This wasn't in the calendar I guess. That is such an excellent initiative and I ma sure Victoria could rely very well to her own experience!
Old 12-04-2015, 02:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
This wasn't in the calendar I guess. That is such an excellent initiative and I ma sure Victoria could rely very well to her own experience!
Visits to these kind of associations aren't put to the calendar, because the press is not wanted to attend them. So the court tells about the visits only after they are done.

Two photos from the Instagram of Tjejzonen
Victoria with Lotta Zetterqvist, the Manager of Operations (left) and Sofie Karlström, coordinator of the chat.
https://www.instagram.com/p/-1RjNBga...n-by=tjejzonen
https://www.instagram.com/p/-1ShCYga...n-by=tjejzonen

Sofie Karlström, who works for Tjejzonen, has put the photo of her with Victoria to her Instagram and writes at the photo:
"Yesterday I had the honor to spend two hours with Crown Princess Victoria on Tjejzonen's office. It was a bit surreal, and for me a symbolic event. Suddenly I realized how far I've come from where I once was - terrified of life. Now I sat there, nervous, of course, but at the same time with the calm voice inside me that said: She is a human being just like you. Not worth more or less. Only different. You do what you love. You're one of the lucky ones. You are one of those who survived".
https://www.instagram.com/p/-2NTtlgd...ofie.karlstrom
Old 12-04-2015, 04:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Visits to these kind of associations aren't put to the calendar, because the press is not wanted to attend them. So the court tells about the visits only after they are done.

Two photos from the Instagram of Tjejzonen
Victoria with Lotta Zetterqvist, the Manager of Operations (left) and Sofie Karlström, coordinator of the chat.
https://www.instagram.com/p/-1RjNBga...n-by=tjejzonen
https://www.instagram.com/p/-1ShCYga...n-by=tjejzonen

Sofie Karlström, who works for Tjejzonen, has put the photo of her with Victoria to her Instagram and writes at the photo:
"Yesterday I had the honor to spend two hours with Crown Princess Victoria on Tjejzonen's office. It was a bit surreal, and for me a symbolic event. Suddenly I realized how far I've come from where I once was - terrified of life. Now I sat there, nervous, of course, but at the same time with the calm voice inside me that said: She is a human being just like you. Not worth more or less. Only different. You do what you love. You're one of the lucky ones. You are one of those who survived".
https://www.instagram.com/p/-2NTtlgd...ofie.karlstrom

I see... I imagine it would have been for tham reason.

I agree with the employee who said those words on her instagram: Victoria is a human being like the rest of us, that's what the royals are... but the crown sometimes makes us afraid of them...
Old 12-04-2015, 09:49 AM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria met this afternoon Ashraf Ghani, the president of Afghanistan, who is at a one-day visit in Sweden. King Carl Gustaf met president Ghani at COP21 on Monday.
APA-Picturedesk
ROYAL: Schöne schwangere Victoria!
IBL Bildbyrå
Victoria von Schweden_ XXXXL-Babybauch _ BUNTE.de
http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/Re...TAN-SWEDEN.JPG

Kronprinsessan tog emot Afghanistans president - Sveriges Kungahus

Big photos from Svensk Damtidning
Vilken fin bebismage du fått Victoria! _ Svensk Damtidning

When president Ghani met prime minister Stefan Löfven, they discussed among other things about the refugee crisis.
- Many of the refugees who come to Sweden are from Afghanistan, and many of them are unaccompanied children. This year, some 20 000 young people, mostly young men, have come to Sweden from Afghanistan. This is a serious challenge for both our countries. We have agreed today to launch negotiations on a readmission agreement. Such an agreement will facilitate the return of those not granted asylum in Sweden, says Prime Minister Stefan Löfven.
Sverige och Afghanistan inleder förhandlingar om återtagandeavtal - Regeringen.se
Old 12-04-2015, 10:16 AM
Heir Apparent

I was looking for the pics on the palace site , but couldn't find them. Victoria is looking very pregnant! Beautiful!
Old 12-05-2015, 12:48 PM
Imperial Majesty

Photo from president Ghani's Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/ashrafghani...type=3&theater

Gallery from PurePeople
Victoria de Suède, enceinte _ Sourire et ventre rond pour la future maman
Old 12-05-2015, 07:02 PM
Heir Apparent

If ever happiness could be seen on one face it's on hers ! Happy for them !
Old 12-14-2015, 10:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria attended today at the meeting of the Board of the Crown Princess Victoria's Foundation for Scientific Research and Training.
Kronprinsessan Victorias Stiftelse för vetenskaplig forskning - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation

There hasn't been much articles about this Foundation. But The Crown Princess Victoria's Foundation for Scientific Research and Training is funding on 25th August 2016 a symposium 'Listen, understand and learn in time'!; Children with learning at different conditions - Recent research on communication, prevention and intervention.
The purpose of the symposium 'Listen, understand and learn in time' is to present current research on children with language difficulties - if oral and written communication, about what can be done concretely to early identification and intervention for language disorders. During one day speak a number of international and national researchers about what we know today about the new models and practical tools for learning in preschool and school.
Lyssna, förstå och lära i tid
Translation
Old 12-17-2015, 02:53 PM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria met today representatives from FOI Totalförsvarets forskningsinstitut (Swedish Defence Research Agency). No photos at the court website yet.
Old 01-18-2016, 04:11 AM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria attends today at a conference "Agenda 2030 – Sveriges arbete för att nå de globala målen för hållbar utveckling" ("Agenda 2030 - Sweden's efforts to achieve the global goals of sustainable development"). Prime minister Stefan Löfven gives the opening statement and also UN's Deputy Secretary-Genaral Jan Eliasson speaks on a video. The swedish government starts it's work to achieve UN's global goals. Almost 600 people attend at the conference.
Victoria arrived to the conference, here with ministers Isabella Lövin and Ardalan Sherakabi:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CY_OIUOWYAACAkf.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CY_PwxSUkAEgIDC.jpg:large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CY_RKJ1WkAEkCHf.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CY_UnT6UEAAXzX1.jpg

Prime minister Löfven thanked at his speech crown princess Victoria for her interest in this very important matter.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CY_PNtsWkAAZNUW.jpg:large

Photographers taking photos of Victoria and the prime minister.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BArFHsUk...d=agenda2030se

Victoria with prime minister Löfven.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BArahEBM...ged=agenda2030

From court Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/p/BArO53fv...-by=kungahuset

Johan T Lindwall writes in Expressen that Victoria arrived early in the morning to the conference "Agenda 2030". Victoria came as usual, accompanied by bodyguards from SÄPO and the heavily pregnant crown princess was in great spirits.
In the court's calendar there are program items for Crown Princess Victoria until 10th February. But that does not mean that her scheme will end on that day, according to Margareta Thorgren:
- No, it is a living schedule that is constantly changing. Program items can be taken away, as well as items can be added to the program.
So, Crown Princess Victoria does not go on maternity leave on 10th February?
- No. The Crown Princess will work as far as possible until birth. There are many tasks that the royal family does that are not included in the calendar, says Thorgren.
Höggravida Victoria jobbar in i det sista _ Nyheter _ Expressen
Translation
Old 01-18-2016, 07:06 AM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria at a coffee/tea break with Kristina Persson, the Minister for Strategic Development and Nordic Cooperation.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BArYrYsC...mtidsministern

Oj vilken bebis-bula Victoria! _ Svensk Damtidning

ROYAL: Kronprinzessin Victoria´s Bauch wächst und wächst
Old 01-18-2016, 07:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Well she is wonderfully HUGE !!! Nice to see !
Old 01-18-2016, 08:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
In the court's calendar there are program items for Crown Princess Victoria until 10th February. But that does not mean that her scheme will end on that day, according to Margareta Thorgren:
- No, it is a living schedule that is constantly changing. Program items can be taken away, as well as items can be added to the program.
So, Crown Princess Victoria does not go on maternity leave on 10th February?
- No. The Crown Princess will work as far as possible until birth. There are many tasks that the royal family does that are not included in the calendar, says Thorgren.
Höggravida Victoria jobbar in i det sista _ Nyheter _ Expressen
Translation
If I remember well, Victoria was at an event and two days later Estelle was born. I think she will work at the very last minute
(I think Maxima did the same right? Was it with Alexia that happened the same?)
Old 01-18-2016, 10:31 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathia_sophia View Post
If I remember well, Victoria was at an event and two days later Estelle was born. I think she will work at the very last minute
(I think Maxima did the same right? Was it with Alexia that happened the same?)
Yes, she attended a lunch at the royal castle two days before Estelle was born. I also think she will work as long as she can, but I hope that her schedule is less crowded than before christmas. But when I look at the pictures from the lunch today, its' kind of hard to believe that she has two months left...
http://www.svenskdam.se/wp-content/u...oria-ste-1.jpg
Old 01-18-2016, 12:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Not really. We were only told she is due March which could mean the very start of the month. Royals have also been known to give a slightly later date. She really could have any where from 4-6 weeks left.
Old 01-19-2016, 03:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

Swedish newspaper Göteborgs-Posten (GP) got Monday information that United Nations has appointed a group of 16 key people from around the world to advocate for the UN's sustainable development goals. Crown princess Victoria is one of the advocates with high-ranking politicians and world celebrities.
17 global targets were adopted by world leaders at the UN summit in New York last September. Countries should work together to stop poverty, build peace and ensure a dignified life and a prosperous planet for present and future generations. It is thus the tough challenges the elect spokespersons in various ways work with.
Among those selected are:
John Dramani Mahama, Ghana's President
Erna Solberg, the Norwegian Prime Minister
Belgium's Queen Mathilde
Crown Princess Victoria
Shakira Mebarak, artist
Forest Whitaker, Whitaker Peace and Development Initiative
Graça Machel, President of the UNESCO foundation
Kronprinsessan delar FN-uppdrag med Shakira - Världen - Göteborgs-Posten
Translation

At the website of the President of Ghana
President John Dramani Mahama and the Prime Minister of Norway, Ms. Erna Solberg, have been appointed Co-Chairs of a group of sixteen (16) eminent Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) Advocates to support the Secretary-General in his efforts to generate momentum and commitment to achieve the SDGs by 2030.
United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon who announced the appointment in New York today said the “16 Advocates will leverage their unique standing and leadership to promote the SDGs as part of an ambitious and transformative global agenda.”
UN appoints President Mahama as Co-Chair of eminent persons to champion SDGs _ The Presidency - Republic of Ghana

Tags
crown princess victoria, current events, lisbon, portugal, president cavaco da silva, princess victoria, sweden, victoria