Crown Princess Victoria and The Swedish Design Year 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Larzen

Heir Presumptive
Oh joy.....It seems Victoria liked her green SHINY top so much so she got herself one very similar in Brown

The 2005 Year of Design will show how design permeats our everyday lives, our jobs and our leisure time. One of the principal objects of The 2005 Year of Design to make Swedes the "best design users in the world", as the Minister for Industry and Trade, Leif Pagrotsky, has put it.
The 2005 Year of Design will exhibit the most disparate activities taking place within design. There are thousands of exciting ideas from creative people - entrepreneurs, designers, artisans and laymen - all around the country.
The 2005 Year of Design is a long-term project that will continue long after the year is over. Each and everyone is invited to take an active part in the year, to demonstrate what opportunities design can open for for the individual, for business, culture and society as a whole.
The 2005 Year of Design is organised by Svensk Form, The Swedish Society of Crafts and Design, on commission from the Swedish government. Svensk Form is collaborating with SVID, the Swedish Industrial Design Foundation

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 722
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 745
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 772
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 814
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 800
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 676
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 725
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 754
Thank you for the pictures, Larzen.

Oh joy.....It seems Victoria liked her ponytails so much so she has made herself one very similar to the others ;)

Yes, can see the similarity to the other top...at least this one fits better.
What´s that around her wrist? I guess it´s meant as bracelet, but looks like a piece, cut out of a carpet.
This disc on the necklace is ok, at least it fits to the shiny brown top ;)
Just physically Victoria looks fantastic, really relaxed.

More from Fotomarktplatz:

Attachments

• design7.jpg
    design7.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 321
  • design6.jpg
    design6.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 958
  • design5.jpg
    design5.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 937
  • design3.jpg
    design3.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 271
  • design2.jpg
    design2.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 1,020
  • design1.jpg
    design1.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 1,393
  • design4.jpg
    design4.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 966
More from Polfoto:

Attachments

• design13.jpg
    design13.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 331
  • design15.jpg
    design15.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 224
  • design14.jpg
    design14.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 224
  • design12.jpg
    design12.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 935
  • design11.jpg
    design11.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 363
  • design10.jpg
    design10.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 220
  • design9.jpg
    design9.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 277
  • design8.jpg
    design8.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 223
Yes I think Victoria looked very beautiful and radiant, she is so lively. However I have started to separate between Victoria and her clothes, the brown shiny top paired with black, not so shiny, pants is not my favourite combo.... I like her jewellerys and she seem to have a special place in her heart for her Valentino feather bag.

Edit: is there any picture from Victoria attending Peer Gynt, it seems she has not been out and about as much as she was before christmas.

Last edited:
Sometimes I confess that I wonder about the degree of criticism these ladies (it's rarely the men) come in for from board members, and the attention paid to clothing and fashion. Are Princesses nothing more than clothing models?

Victoria looks absolutely beautiful in these photos.

Victoria looks quite beautiful as usual. Good point, Lucy. They are not merely clothing models. In fact, that is the least important part of the princesses and crown princesses but yes, one that we talk about the most. Victoria´s smile shines at such an event and it is reflected in the happy attitudes of others and the warm glow that she gives off. But her eyes are the key. Such expressive eyes as well. Such beauty.

Wow, the Crown Princess looked really fantastic - she seems totally relaxed and even glowing! I guess she's happy with her life and the situation, because here it really shows that she's in her essence.

@Lucys
You are right!
But what else should we judge, when not their clothes and beauty? We (mostly) only get pictures, but don´t get to hear the important things, they have said...and the pictures reflect just a few seconds of the whole evening.
IMO it would be much unfairer to judge their personality and work, just based on a few pictures, than to judge fashion and beauty-aspects (?)

A little different pic from stureplan.se

Attachments

• design16.jpg
    design16.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 333
Last edited:
Lena--I didn't mean to imply that we should never discuss clothing, it just seems that sometimes it's not really necessary, like with these pictures in which Victoria looked so radiant, regardless of the relative merits or demerits of her attire. That's all I meant. Hope I didn't offend, it was not my intention.

lucys said:
Lena--I didn't mean to imply that we should never discuss clothing, it just seems that sometimes it's not really necessary, like with these pictures in which Victoria looked so radiant, regardless of the relative merits or demerits of her attire. That's all I meant. Hope I didn't offend, it was not my intention.

no, I wasn´t offended :) Just wanted to show/point out an other aspect

a new event for victoria :

Stockholm Sweden 20051201
Today Crown Princess Victoria, as an activity of the
Swedish Design Year, received a unique armchair, designed by Mats Theselius – a well known Swedish designer.
This chair is one of three in a series called “the National Armchairs” of which President George W Bush got
one - the American chair and President Vladimir Putin got the Russian chair.
The Crown Prinsess´s chair is called “Northern Lights”.
The chair will be placed in the Stockholm Palace in the New Audience Room for Victoria.

From Imagine 1

From Imagine 2

can someone upload them? i'm really tired.. sorry... :eek: :eek:

Thanks for the link Purple_Platinum.
I´ve saved a set of 10

Attachments

• aa10.jpg
    aa10.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 221
  • aa2.jpg
    aa2.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 909
  • aa9.jpg
    aa9.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 274
  • aa8.jpg
    aa8.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 263
  • aa7.jpg
    aa7.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 294
  • aa5.jpg
    aa5.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 237
  • aa4.jpg
    aa4.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 300
  • aa3.jpg
    aa3.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 241
  • aa1.jpg
    aa1.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 296
  • aa6.jpg
    aa6.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 246
thank you, lena..

there are many many sets and each with lots of photos... and i'm just to tired.

Victoria looks great...
i'm wondering, this chair will be placed at audience room? her office?

Here's a good picture from yesterday when the Crown Princess received the Swedish chair "Northern Lights" in the series of national chairs from the Swedish Design Year 2005.

The picture is by Leif R Jansson and Scanpix, via Svenska Dagbladet.

The chair looks great but somehow it made me think on how good Victoria will be sitting there and holding her first baby...

purple_platinum said:
The chair looks great but somehow it made me think on how good Victoria will be sitting there and holding her first baby...

:D Waiting for "baby Norway" makes one thinking the weirdest thing, doesn´t it ;)
I also would love to see her with a baby, but I fear we have to wait until 2008/2009 :(

Lena said:
:D Waiting for "baby Norway" makes one thinking the weirdest thing, doesn´t it ;)
I also would love to see her with a baby, but I fear we have to wait until 2008/2009 :(

haha.. you're probably right, lena.
the chair looks nice, but it's kinda classic and oldish, although looks very comfy.
i think swedish and all scandinavian countries are great in inventing great designs in furnitures.
i just hope the crown princess will get a more scandic chair in the future.

From BrunoPress

December 1, 2005

symbolize the start - and the end- of the Year of Design 2005 in Sweden.
It is the summing up of the activities during the year, and the start of how to continue in the coming years.
Crown Princess Victoria is giving the starting shot to Northern Lights.
Picture shows: Princess Victoria and Swedish desigh Mats Theselius

Attachments

• ste_princess_vic_389240.jpg
    ste_princess_vic_389240.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 304
  • ste_princess_vic_389242.jpg
    ste_princess_vic_389242.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 339
  • ste_princess_vic_389241.jpg
    ste_princess_vic_389241.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 327
  • ste_princess_vic_389239.jpg
    ste_princess_vic_389239.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 333
  • ste_princess_vic_389238.jpg
    ste_princess_vic_389238.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 370
  • ste_princess_vic_389237.jpg
    ste_princess_vic_389237.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 233
  • ste_princess_vic_389236.jpg
    ste_princess_vic_389236.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 225
  • ste_princess_vic_389235.jpg
    ste_princess_vic_389235.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 240
more from BrunoPress :

Attachments

• ste_princess_vic_389246.jpg
    ste_princess_vic_389246.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 206
  • ste_princess_vic_389247.jpg
    ste_princess_vic_389247.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 215
  • ste_princess_vic_389249.jpg
    ste_princess_vic_389249.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 212
  • ste_princess_vic_389250.jpg
    ste_princess_vic_389250.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 206
  • ste_princess_vic_389251.jpg
    ste_princess_vic_389251.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 221
  • ste_princess_vic_389252.jpg
    ste_princess_vic_389252.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 244
  • ste_princess_vic_389253.jpg
    ste_princess_vic_389253.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 201
  • ste_princess_vic_389256.jpg
    ste_princess_vic_389256.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 255
I feel kinda sorry for PV because everyone critices her for wearing her hair up and glasses. I guess we always want our royal women to be glamorous!!! However i respect her for not giving into pressure and ditching the look she feels most comfortable with.

i like her hair that way. it is nice and it is not a ponytail. the earrings look slightly girlish, but the scarf-thing brings some color to the outfit.
question: did she loose wait? or is it just the outfit?

she is comfortable, one can easily see that, and i guess taht's why she looks elegant. she's herself. i like her, she's got a nice attitude i guess! i'm longing to see her engaged!!!!

She looks a bit like a air hostess with that scarf :)

I wonder why she has started wearing scarfes again, she used to wear them when she was ill back in 1997 to "cover the signs up", but i wonder why she (and the queen) are wearing them now, it isn´t that into fashion with scarfes now is it? I don´t know that much about the new trends though... :eek: But I don´t like scarfes on her I think they make her look older.

rop81 said:
I wonder why she has started wearing scarfes again, she used to wear them when she was ill back in 1997 to "cover the signs up", but i wonder why she (and the queen) are wearing them now, it isn´t that into fashion with scarfes now is it? I don´t know that much about the new trends though... :eek: But I don´t like scarfes on her I think they make her look older.
I can´t say, that I like them really either. Especially not this kind of scarves. I´m sure this "pattern" has a name :confused:
Maybe she has just a cold...IMO she looks a bit, as if she would...here all my inner alarm bells shrill...it would be terrible, when this year she would be absent at the NPA. More Wick for Vic ;)

I think Victoria is a very elegant royal. Black always looks so chic on royalty and I love her heels. Thank you Victoria!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom