The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-24-2010, 09:15 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

I agree that Victoria overdoes her affection in public, constantly touching and grimacing is getting annoying, at least to me. I like them and everyone knows they are in love but the constant reminders are a bit much.

Daniel looks ridiculous with the flower bouquet, there should be something else for a "first man", a different present or even nothing. His hairdo / glasses style is so unfortunate for a young man of his age, imagine his hair in white and he looks like the old guy in "Up!"

Old 10-24-2010, 09:32 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmelade
I agree that Victoria overdoes her affection in public, constantly touching and grimacing is getting annoying, at least to me. I like them and everyone knows they are in love but the constant reminders are a bit much.
I know what you mean...
Personally I don't find it annoying, but I also already noticed it.
Yes, she's newly married, happy and in love - I really have no doubt about it- but her gestures and facial expressions really look a bit too ecstatic from time to time.
Well, but they are newly married. I think Daniel and Victoria will get used to their public appearances as a couple quite soon and most likely Victoria will find a nice way to express her feelings without "overdoing" it, as you called it.

Old 10-24-2010, 12:29 PM
Imperial Majesty

Photos from yesterday:
APA-Picturedesk
APA-Picturedesk
APA-Picturedesk
APA-Picturedesk
APA-Picturedesk
APA-Picturedesk
APA-Picturedesk
From PurePeople:
Victoria de Suède : Nouvelle gaffe, en pleine tempête de neige! Pauvre Daniel...
Old 10-25-2010, 12:26 PM

Overdone Affection

I, for one, would rather have some overdone affection than stiff upper lip poise. I guess that the couple, Princess Victoria more particularly, was just reacting to the warmth that is being conveyed by the crowds.

Given one of the great romances among royals, I would surmise that the people are looking for, perhaps even expecting, this kind of behavior.
Old 10-25-2010, 03:01 PM
Courtier

I have no objections to seeing what love can do for ones happiness. What these two have is something very special and I hope they can keep this happiness for many years. Children raised with love in the home are very lucky indeed.
Old 10-25-2010, 03:22 PM
Aristocracy

They are extremely in love for a couple that has been together now for 9 years.
Old 10-25-2010, 04:07 PM
Courtier

Gallery in Hellomagazine:
Hello!
Old 10-25-2010, 04:33 PM
Gentry

ruthieviews

For those of you who think CP Victoria and P Daniel are "overdoing it," I would like to remind them that these two had to pretend they were not together for nine long years. Over the years, we have seen a few nice photos of them lovingly interacting, but only a very few. Most of the photos showed them standing on opposite sides of the crowd at gatherings, weddings, and other public affairs. I imagine the "parents" forbid them from appearing together. Who were they kidding? Only themselves. These two have loved each other for all those years. Their silver bracelets tell a better story than that allowed by the "parents." When they were finally allowed to react to each other in public, they really let loose. Good for them. CP Victoria waited nine long, long years for her Prince. P Daniel waited nine long, long years for his Victoria. Nine long, long years of never quite knowing if he would be approved. Nine long, long years of never quite knowing if they would be allowed to marry. If anyone objects, tell them to go wait nine years to kiss their beloved. I'm so sorry that you had to wait all these years. I'm so happy you are now married and that no one can damper your happiness or dictate how you "behave" in public. All I can say is GO FOR IT! Be as loving as you wish, you deserve it!
Old 10-25-2010, 07:17 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthieviews View Post
... CP Victoria waited nine long, long years for her Prince. P Daniel waited nine long, long years for his Victoria. Nine long, long years of never quite knowing if he would be approved. Nine long, long years of never quite knowing if they would be allowed to marry. If anyone objects, tell them to go wait nine years to kiss their beloved. I'm so sorry that you had to wait all these years. I'm so happy you are now married and that no one can damper your happiness or dictate how you "behave" in public. All I can say is GO FOR IT! Be as loving as you wish, you deserve it!
Well said, Ruthie. You are absolutly right!
Old 10-26-2010, 01:43 AM
Aristocracy

And for who thinks that royals should always do everything in a very controlled and calm way, even showing their love, I don't agree with you. There is never enough love in this world, and if we have a couple like this, it couldn't be more right than to show the love to everyone. I also believe that it comes naturally, that she's not playing it, just because she's expected to show her love now that she's finally married. Victoria's character is just so loving; what I have understood is that in this case she's like her mother.
My photos of Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel in their official visit to Finland on 1-2 of November, 2010: Photos from Lahti and Photos from Helsinki.Check out also my royalty postcard collection.
I never thought Prince William would be faster than me to get married - but he is!

Old 10-26-2010, 06:56 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthieviews View Post
For those of you who think CP Victoria and P Daniel are "overdoing it," I would like to remind them that these two had to pretend they were not together for nine long years. Over the years, we have seen a few nice photos of them lovingly interacting, but only a very few. Most of the photos showed them standing on opposite sides of the crowd at gatherings, weddings, and other public affairs. I imagine the "parents" forbid them from appearing together. Who were they kidding? Only themselves. These two have loved each other for all those years. Their silver bracelets tell a better story than that allowed by the "parents." When they were finally allowed to react to each other in public, they really let loose. Good for them. CP Victoria waited nine long, long years for her Prince. P Daniel waited nine long, long years for his Victoria. Nine long, long years of never quite knowing if he would be approved. Nine long, long years of never quite knowing if they would be allowed to marry. If anyone objects, tell them to go wait nine years to kiss their beloved. I'm so sorry that you had to wait all these years. I'm so happy you are now married and that no one can damper your happiness or dictate how you "behave" in public. All I can say is GO FOR IT! Be as loving as you wish, you deserve it!
The best comment on the Vastergotland thread yet!!
Old 10-27-2010, 02:03 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elisheva View Post
They are extremely in love for a couple that has been together now for 9 years.
If only all couples could still be so in love after so many years.
Old 10-27-2010, 05:12 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchat View Post
If only all couples could still be so in love after so many years.
I guess their relationship got a real boost by entering a new phase. That must have been very exciting for them.
Old 10-27-2010, 06:05 AM
Imperial Majesty

Video about when Victoria writes her name to the paper and there´s a very little room for Daniel´s signature. Victoria kisses Daniel´s cheek.
It starts about 1.30. Victoria´s laugh is so funny.
Old 10-27-2010, 07:44 AM
Aristocracy

While Victoria and Daniel were doing this tour, Olle Westling joined CG and CP on a moose hunting trip.

Olle Westling knep älgen | Bakom Kulisserna
Old 10-27-2010, 09:46 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Video about when Victoria writes her name to the paper and there´s a very little room for Daniel´s signature. Victoria kisses Daniel´s cheek.
It starts about 1.30. Victoria´s laugh is so funny.
That's such a lovely video, thank you for posting! Daniel was very quick to hide her bag when she gave it to him.
Old 10-27-2010, 10:33 AM
Heir Presumptive

What a delight these two are. He is such a good sport. I don't understand why many want Daniel to get a "new" look. To me he is well-groomed and knows what he likes, but mostly, he knows who he is.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:11 PM
Aristocracy

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder; there is a time and place for everything.
Old 12-04-2010, 05:34 PM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria and Daniel at Flämslätt Stifts- och kursgård on the 23th October.
Skara
Skara
Old 12-16-2010, 03:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
Kronprinsessparet i Västergötland - Västnytt | SVT Play