The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-17-2015, 05:08 AM
Imperial Majesty

Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel's Visit to South Korea: March 23-25, 2015

The court updated the calendar on Friday. Victoria and Daniel will make a two-day visit to Seoul, South Korea on 24th-25th March.
H.K.H. Kronprinsessan Victoria - Sveriges Kungahus

Margareta Thorgren from the press department to Expressen:
"The Crown Princess Couple looks forward to the visit to South Korea. They think it will be very interesting. The visit has been planned for some time and there will be intense days in South Korea. It's a busy schedule with a number of points. Princess Estelle stays home in Sweden".
According to sources the swedish ambassador in South Korea, Lars Danielsson, has invited Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel.
South Korea has become a country close Swedish royal family's heart. The King and Queen Silvia were there on a state visit in 2012 and a few months later Prince Carl Philip at an environmental conference. The King and Queen ended their trip with a visit to the demilitarized zone against North Korea. According to Expressen Victoria and Daniel will visit the zone too.
Daniel och Victoria åker till Sydkorea Nyheter Expressen
Translation

Old 03-17-2015, 06:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

Unlike the court informed previously, Victoria and Daniel start their visit already on Monday 23rd March.

On 23-26 March, Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel will pay an official visit to the Republic of Korea at the invitation of Prime Minister Lee Wan-koo. Accompanying the Crown Princess Couple is the Swedish Minister for Social Security, Ms Annika Strandhäll and a small delegation of senior officials.
The purpose of the visit is for the Crown Princess and her husband to familiarize themselves with Korea, one of the most important "middle powers" and a country which a future Swedish Head of State should know well. During the visit, the Crown Princess will meet with the President and the Prime Minister. The Crown Princess Couple will visit the DMZ in Panmunjeom, the Green Climate Fund, National Library for Children and Young Adults, Hankuk University for Foreign Studies, National Rehabilitation Center as well as meet with representatives of Swedish business in Korea.
Visit to the Republic of Korea by Crown Princess SwedenAbroad

Excerpts from the program:
Monday 23 March
- Visit to the Swedish Delegation to the Neutral Nations Supervisory Commission in Panmunjeom
- Dinner with the Swedish business community

Tuesday 24 March
- Wreath Laying Ceremony at the National Cemetery
- Courtesy call on President Park Geun-hye
- Meeting and dinner with Prime Minister Lee Wan-koo
- Visit to Green Climate Fund, Songdo
- Lunch with Members of Parliament

Wednesday 25 March
- Visit to Hankuk University for Foreign Studies to meet with students studying Swedish
- Visit to National Rehabilitation Centre
- Lunch with experts on inter-Korea dialogue
- Visit to National Library for Children and Young Adults for opening of an exhibition on Swedish children’s literature
- Visit to the War Memorial of Korea
- Dinner hosted by Dr. Lee Se-ung, Honorary Chairman of Korea-Sweden Arts and Culture Society
http://www.swedenabroad.com/ImageVau...3-17_FINAL.PDF

Old 03-18-2015, 02:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

Crown Princess of Sweden and her Husband to Make their First Official Visit to the ROK Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Republic of Korea-Press Releases

Caroline Vicini, the Chief of Protocol at the Ministry for Foreign Affairs, has today briefed Victoria and Daniel before the visit.
https://twitter.com/CarolineVicini/s...21109708996609
Old 03-21-2015, 07:08 AM
Imperial Majesty

Press release from the court about the visit
From the program for the visit to South Korea March 23 to 25

Monday, March 23
Neutral Nations Supervisory Commission (NNSC)
The Crown Princess couple visits the demilitarized zone in Panmunjom, located on the border between North and South Korea. Major General Berndt Grundevik tells of the Swedish representation and operations of the NNSC.

Dinner with representatives from Swedish Companies in Korea
Dinner organized by the Business Sweden and the Swedish Chamber of Commerce in Korea. Dr. Choi Byung-il, a professor at Ewha Womans University, speaks on the theme "Economic Challenges in Korea." The invited Swedish companies tell about their activities in Korea.

Tuesday, March 24
Green Climate Fund
The day begins with a visit to the Green Climate Fund, which has headquarters in Seoul. The Fund's function is to finance climate action in developing countries.

Lunch on the theme "Challenges for Korea Today"
Swedish Ambassador Lars Danielsson hosts a lunch on the theme "Challenges for Korea today." Invited guests talk about current challenges such as the high demands of studies and the need for more entrepreneurs in South Korea.

Meeting with South Korean President Park Geun-hye

Wreath-laying ceremony at the Memorial Tower of the National Cemetary

Meeting with South Korean Prime Minister

Official dinner with South Korean Prime Minister
South Korean Prime Minister Lee Wan-koo hosts the Crown Princess Couple at dinner in the Prime Minister's residence.

Wednesday, March 25
Hankuk University of Foreign Studies
The Crown Princess couple begins the day by visiting Hankuk University of Foreign Studies where they meet students and teachers from the intuition of the Scandinavian languages.

National Rehabilitation Center
The Crown Princess couple visits the National Rehabilitation Center, center for rehabilitation and works with developing facilities for persons with disabilities.

Lunch at the Swedish residence
Swedish Ambassador Lars Danielsson hosts a luncheon at the residence. Guests at the luncheon Dr. Choi Jinwook, president of the Korea Institute for National Unification, and Dr. Hahm Chai Bong, president of the Asan Institute for Policy Studies, which among other things will discuss Korean peninsula.

National Library for Children and Young Adults
The afternoon begins with a visit to the National Library for Children and Young Adults in which the Crown Princess Couple get a guided tour of the library and attend the inauguration of the exhibition "English Children's Book and the Astrid Lindgren Memorial Award."

The War Memorial of Korea
The afternoon ends with a visit to The War Museum of Korea. The Crown Princess couple gets a guided tour of the UN exhibition where a Swedish stand is included.

Dinner with Dr. Lee Se-young, Honorary Chariman of Korea-Sweden Arts and Culture Society
The day ends with Dr. Lee Se-young hosting a dinner with invited culture of people in South Korea. The dinner ends with a musical performance by soprano Shin Jihwa and tenor Alfred Kim.
Kronprinsessparet besöker Sydkorea 23-25 mars - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation
Old 03-23-2015, 01:34 AM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria and Daniel arrived to Seoul. Victoria made a surprise with her hair down! Unfortunately the flashes made a trick to her and in some photos it isn't fixed.
http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/ap...706700e3f3.jpg
http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/ap...7067006de8.jpg
http://www.gettyimages.fi/galleries/events/543757029
Old 03-23-2015, 02:11 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Did she cut her hair? She's got it in layers now. I looks lovely and makes her look so much younger.
Old 03-23-2015, 02:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humera View Post
Did she cut her hair? She's got it in layers now. I looks lovely and makes her look so much younger.
I think that her hair down makes her look much older. And boring. And not regal at all. She looks like just any woman from the street now. I hope that she soon has her hair up again.

Margareta Thorgren told to Expressen, that the crown princess couple visits South Korea to further strengthen and deepen relations between our countries. They are looking forward to. There are three intense days in South Korea with a very interesting program. At the focus on the trip are environment, exports, culture and community solutions.
When they landed today in Seoul they were taken to the first and perhaps most interesting place of the visit: The demilitarized zone against North Korea.
- The Crown Princess Couple looking forward to visit the demilitarized zone between South and North Korea. During the Korean War, Sweden contributed a field hospital in Busan, says Thorgren.
Kronprinsessan Victoria i Sydkorea Nyheter Expressen
Translation
Old 03-23-2015, 04:48 AM
Courtier

Victoria and Daniel at NNSC.
http://instagram.com/p/0j70mCpLFZ/
Old 03-23-2015, 04:52 AM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria and Daniel visit with the Swedish Delegation the Neutral Nations Supervisory Commission, the demilitarized zone in Panmunjom.
Vår reporter med Victoria och Daniel på gränsen till Nordkorea Svensk Damtidning
Translation

APA-Picturedesk
Kuninkaalliskuvat Victoria ja Daniel Etelä-Koreassa Lehtikuva lehtikuva.fi

Inside one of the buildings located on both sides of the border between South Korea and North Korea the Crown Princess and Prince Daniel got a brief review of the history surrounding the demilitarized zone. After taking a few strides into the room Victoria and Daniel had suddenly left Korea and were now in North Korea. Suddenly outside the window of the building, it was bustling with activity. There were several North Korean soldiers who began photographing Victoria and Prince Daniel through the window.
- It's standard on their part, explained Patrick Karlsson, Lieutenant Colonel of the Swedish professional officers who are positioned at the border with North Korea.
Daniel looked curiously out the window:
- A special feeling to be here, he said.
Victoria concurred:
- Yes, incredibly special and of course very interesting.
In a few minutes they stood on the other side of the border inside the room. Behind them was a door. It and another door is always open toward North Korea. Victoria became serious:
- It's great to be on this site. There is a line in the ground that divides an entire country and so many families. There is a big trauma for both countries and the Korean people. Sweden's longstanding commitment here means a lot. It therefore means a lot to me and Daniel to be here.
Video and photos
Kronprinsessparet vid Nordkoreas gräns Nyheter Expressen
Translation

Great to see Expressen and Lindwall reporting so quickly.

Lieutenant colonel Patrick Karlsson said the he is sure that they knew at the North Korean side that the crown princess couple was visiting. They always know when dignitaries are visiting.
Photos
Victoria övervakad - av Nordkorea Nyheter Aftonbladet
Old 03-23-2015, 08:03 AM
Heir Apparent

How is the security there for them? I would be worry... I think this visit will be memorable for both of them...
Old 03-23-2015, 08:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
How is the security there for them? I would be worry... I think this visit will be memorable for both of them...
Since the king and queen were there already on a state visit in 2012, I think that the security is well taken care of.

Video of Victoria's interview
Se filmen – ny intervju med kronprinsessan i Sydkorea! Svensk Damtidning

Kronprinsessan Victoria på gränsen mot Nordkorea - DN.SE
Victoria på gränsen mot Nordkorea Inrikes SvD

The soldier from North Korea takes photos of Victoria and Daniel through the window. This photo taken by photographer Peter Wixtröm.
http://scontent.cdninstagram.com/hph...60906651_n.jpg

Victoria and Daniel attended at a dinner hosted by ambassador Lars Danielsson in cooperation with Business Sweden and Swedish Chamber of Commerce in Korea in Seoul. They look great.
APA-Picturedesk
Old 03-23-2015, 12:21 PM
Heir Apparent

I almost didn't recognise Victoria with her hair down. Nice for a change.

Swedish Crown Princess Victoria flashes bra as she lands in Seoul | Daily Mail Online
Quote:
Princess Victoria looked sophisticated in all black as she touched down in Seoul ahead of her and her husband's official visit.

Victoria's trip kicks off today with a meeting with Prime Minister Lee Wan-koo, according to South Korea's foreign ministry.

The heir apparent and her husband, Prince Daniel, will hold talks with the South Korean prime minister on ways to deepen bilateral ties.
Old 03-23-2015, 12:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Armed Forces about Victoria's and Daniel's visit to NNSC and meeting the swedes.
Kronprinsessparet besökte svenskarna i Korea - Försvarsmakten
Translation

The court about the first day.
Kronprinsessparet besöker Sydkorea – dag 1 - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation

Victoria and Daniel visit the border between North and South Korea Royalista
Old 03-23-2015, 12:36 PM
Heir Apparent

I love what Victoria is wearing and I almost did not recognise her with her hair down. She looks lovely even if we can see her bra.
Old 03-23-2015, 01:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
I think that her hair down makes her look much older. And boring. And not regal at all. She looks like just any woman from the street now. I hope that she soon has her hair up again.
I love her new hairstyle.
i think it makes her look younger and it beats the tired ponytail look

thanks for all the links
Old 03-23-2015, 04:47 PM
Royal Highness

CP Victoria Prince Daniel visit South Korea | Selda Göktaş
Old 03-23-2015, 04:51 PM
Nobility

Quote:
A s usual we could say: it is impossible to satisfy everyone!!!
Most comments I saw through the press were rather positive about her hair down, while I read quite many criticism on the fact that she was wearing a white bra (visible!!) with the overall black outfit..
I would have preferred a black bra as well (OR neutral skin colour), if it is intended to appear, or perhaps just happened to appear under some lighting conditions.
The results of this unusual appearance for her is in the end far from making unanimity. Personally I think that if she had the intention to create a surprise, details had to be more taken under consideration. By the way I wonder why her current addiction to black, coming back so often one way or another.

Let's see about her style for the rest of the trip. And after all the results achieved by the trip are the most important.
Old 03-23-2015, 05:53 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:

Margareta Thorgren told to Expressen, that the crown princess couple visits South Korea to further strengthen and deepen relations between our countries. They are looking forward to. There are three intense days in South Korea with a very interesting program. At the focus on the trip are environment, exports, culture and community solutions.
When they landed today in Seoul they were taken to the first and perhaps most interesting place of the visit: The demilitarized zone against North Korea.
- The Crown Princess Couple looking forward to visit the demilitarized zone between South and North Korea. During the Korean War, Sweden contributed a field hospital in Busan, says Thorgren.
Kronprinsessan Victoria i Sydkorea Nyheter Expressen
Translation

On the hair issue, I also agree with the OP that she looks younger (rather than the older) with her hair down.

On the visit properly, I find it fascinating that, although the Swedish monarch is no longer officially part of the Swedish government, the King and the Crown Princess seem to be among the busiest royals in terms of working overseas trips and are actively engaged in international diplomacy, in many cases far more so than members of other RFs in countries where the constitution assigns far greater formal powers to the Head of State. I see them as a big asset not only to the Swedish goverment, but also to Swedish business and educational/cultural institutions, which the RF often represents overseas.
Old 03-23-2015, 07:04 PM

Quote:
I wholeheartedly disagree. I think she looks fabulous and much younger with her hair down. The tightly slicked back bun she normally wears makes her look tired. While I'm not saying that she should wear her hair down all the time a little more variety would be nice.
Old 03-24-2015, 12:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
On the visit properly, I find it fascinating that, although the Swedish monarch is no longer officially part of the Swedish government, the King and the Crown Princess seem to be among the busiest royals in terms of working overseas trips and are actively engaged in international diplomacy, in many cases far more so than members of other RFs in countries where the constitution assigns far greater formal powers to the Head of State. I see them as a big asset not only to the Swedish goverment, but also to Swedish business and educational/cultural institutions, which the RF often represents overseas.
I agree. It would be great to know more about what is being talked on these dinners and lunches, where they speak about the future of the Republic of Korea but also about the relationships between Sweden and ROK. ROK is Sweden's fourth largest export market in Asia, after China, Japan and India. Around 80 Swedish companies are established in the country.

Victoria and Daniel started their second day by visiting the Green Climate Fund. The Fund's function is to finance climate action in developing countries. They and the swedish Minister for Social Security, Annika Strandhäll, met the executive director of the Fund, Héla Cheikhrouhou (2nd from left).
Victoria is recycling the Fadi el Khoury coat she wore at the Luxembourg wedding.
From the Instagram of Svensk Damtidning
Instagram

From the Twitter of the Green Climate Fund
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CA1awKMUgAIZNU9.png

The meeting with president Park Geun-Hye at the Presidential Blue House.
http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/Re...REA-SWEDEN.JPG
http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/ap...706700860a.jpg
http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/ap...7067009324.jpg
http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/Re...REA-SWEDEN.JPG
http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/ap...7067004be6.jpg
http://pds.joins.com/jmnet/koreajoon...3/24224055.jpg

Johan T Lindwall tells in Expressen that there were two humble royals who came to the President's Palace and even Victoria who is accustomed to palaces and castles made big eyes when she came into one of the great halls of the palace. The media in South Korea had enormous interest and all the major TV companies were on hand to report on the visit. Several of these broadcasted live in their news channels.
President Park Geun-hye emphasized how important Swedish royal visit is and that Sweden has always been an important partner for the country. Above all the Korean War when Sweden contributed a field hospital and after the war Sweden founded another hospital.
- Everyone is grateful for this, said president Park Geun-hye. We wish to express our gratitude.
Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel who were joined by Ambassador Lars Danielsson and the Minister for Social Security Annika Strandhäll listened intently and the Crown Princess quickly thanked the President:
- It is an honor for us to be here and nice to be here. It's our first visit and we really looked forward to this trip. I want to start by thanking you for your nice words. We have had a long and deep-term relationship with South Korea and I see this trip as an opportunity to further deepen the relationship, pointed Victoria.
- We have a lot in common and there are many fields in which we can further help each other and establish new partnerships. Looking very much forward to these days, said Victoria.
Even a president can be impressed by royalty:
- We are pleased and grateful that you are here and so once again, thank you.
Presidenten hyllar Victoria och Daniel Nyheter Expressen
Translation