Cool hockey debute, princess Estelle!
It wasn't just anyone who sat in the bench before Borlänge Hockey's training.The A team should have the training as usual at five o'clock on Friday, and captain Daniel Eklund came to the hall an hour earlier. But there where his teammates usually sit, stood instead Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel with daughter Estelle in his arms.
- I thought that I should have a photo, it doesn't happen every day, says Eklund.
Prince's answer: Absolutely.
- There was no problem. I'm amazed at how well they handle people who want to be photographed with them, it has to happen all the time. They were very nice.
Prince Daniel's friend has a daughter in the figure skating club, they train before the hockey team.
Both skaters like Daniel Eklund became enamored of Princess Estelle.
- She was very sweet. She was so kind and just sat in Daniel's arms and looked at everything.
Eklund talked about hockey with the Prince.
- He had evidently been home in Ockelbo and played a little veteran hockey at Christmas. He said he was pretty rusty, and was wondering how it went for us.
Borlänge has two straight wins - and after that Crown Princess couple warmed the bench Eklund hopes that the shape holds.
- We must hope that it brings luck.
Eklund's photo with Sweden's next Queen was a hit when he put it up on Facebook.
- I think I never had so many comments, he says.
And hockey captain has one last salute to Prince Daniel.
- He is welcome to train with us if he happens to pass, if he thinks he's rusty.
Cool hockey-debut, prinsessan Estelle! Nyheter Expressen