The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-28-2013, 01:07 PM
Imperial Majesty

Prinzessin Victoria So glücklich im Urlaub
Translation

Old 03-28-2013, 04:24 PM
Aristocracy

It seems that there is always a pap around on key moments for V&D. The early days kiss at the window of a restaurant in 2002 at the beginning of their relationship, the kiss on the golf ground on their return from honey moon, and now the apparently first independent steps of Estelle. It looks a bit like a present for us, but maybe they had plans to share that with the outside world in a different way; this is really a private occasion. The low quality of the pictures shows that they are obviously "stolen" via a powerful zoom lens.
What upsets me most is that the pap will be warmly congratulated for that. It reminds me about a TV programme explaining how paps were tracking Bill Gates and his family on vacation. The tricks were horrible and the value of the pics indecent. Sorry if I have spoilt your pleasure. Happy Eastern to all of you.

Old 03-28-2013, 07:04 PM
Courtier

I, too, noticed that the pics were obviously taken with a VERY long lens. Yes, it's nice to have pics to look at, but it's a shame their privacy was infringed on.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarNoe View Post
I, too, noticed that the pics were obviously taken with a VERY long lens. Yes, it's nice to have pics to look at, but it's a shame their privacy was infringed on.
And anyone that posts those photos on these boards are just aiding in the hunt of the royals.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post
And anyone that posts those photos on these boards are just aiding in the hunt of the royals.
it would seem that putting out pics of their child has not stopped the desire to get the "exclusive" shot by members of the press or the public.
Old 03-29-2013, 01:02 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
it would seem that putting out pics of their child has not stopped the desire to get the "exclusive" shot by members of the press or the public.
That goes just for the swedish press. Victoria and/or Daniel are walking at the Haga Park with Estelle almost every day, but the press hasn't published any photos of them ever. The photos published were from the TV-program "The Year with the Royal Family". The editors of the newspapers have said that they have been offered some photos by the common people and paparazzis, but they won't publish them. The swedish press hasn't published these photos from Spain yet either, I guess that the gossip magazines will publish them in their next paper issues.
Victoria and Daniel have been together for eleven years. The swedish press has treated them quite well. There are only twice taken a few photos of them in Ockelbo (Easter 2004 and Easter 2011), there have never been published photos of them at their summer house in Acktjära.
They are public persons and the photographers want to earn their living. Victoria and Daniel know that surely very well, and they know that if they want to be left in peace, they would go to Ockelbo or Acktjära.
These photos from Spain, mostly taken with a long lens, so the photographers might not have harrassed them very much. And on the other hand, these nice photos from a loving and "normal" family on a holiday are good PR for the swedish court, and well needed. All the negative press around the king, the queen's father's Nazi background, Carl Philip and Sofia, and Madeleine living abroad and not doing the royal work events and the royal family's apanage have been at the press for so long.

The photos from Spain in finnish Iltalehti, without watermarks.
Victoria, Daniel ja Estelle Espanjassa Epätoivoista nukuttamista ja herkkää suukottelua Kuninkaalliset Iltalehti.fi
Old 03-29-2013, 05:19 AM
Aristocracy

Apparently Swedish tabloids did not (yet!?) publish these last pics (on their website).
I agree that such pics are far from being bad for their popularity, although I repeat that they might have their own plans to publish the first steps of Estelle. We will see whether they will still come.
IMO there are no objections to pics taken while they are walking on the street, my objections are to the powerfully zoomed ones in a supposedly private area, although they themselves might be less disturbed by the latter; but I doubt they are pleased when seeing them later on paper or screen.
I remember having read not that far ago (I think it was last summer), that the owner or staff of a restaurant had taken a picture of Daniel, and friends or colleagues, without asking for permission, and Daniel asked how the picture would be used.
Well at least here, they were all dressed....
Old 03-29-2013, 05:55 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne2 View Post
IMO there are no objections to pics taken while they are walking on the street, my objections are to the powerfully zoomed ones in a supposedly private area, although they themselves might be less disturbed by the latter; but I doubt they are pleased when seeing them later on paper or screen.
Neither of the pictures is taken in a private area. I'm not surprised that both time they were in Spain paparazzi pictures of them and Estelle emerged. Spanish press is known for that and I'm sure both Victoria & Daniel realize that as well.
I agree with LadyFinn that they are traded more then fairly by Swedish press and are allowed what they asked for, privacy for their daughter, in exchange for regular pictures/public appearances that are controled by her parents.
Old 03-29-2013, 06:33 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
As others said, its the Swedish press that is tamed, not the others! That pictures were taken in Spain, so the Spanish press was also involved and we know how they are, plus some random people who are probably not even swedish to being with.
While in their homeland, they have more privacy because they handle the Swedish press wisely, so your view doesn't apply in this case^^
Old 03-29-2013, 06:55 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne2 View Post
I remember having read not that far ago (I think it was last summer), that the owner or staff of a restaurant had taken a picture of Daniel, and friends or colleagues, without asking for permission, and Daniel asked how the picture would be used.
Well at least here, they were all dressed....
While Daniel was attending at Gothia Cup last July, he had a quick lunch at McDonalds in Falkenberg. The owner Henrik Bengtsson took a photo of Daniel and the people with him. Daniel asked where he was going to put the photo, and Bengtsson told that he was going to put it to a Facebook group of restaurant owners. Bengtsson kept his word and never gave the photo to the press. The article doesn't tell that Bengtsson took the photo without permission, it could well be that he asked if he could take the photo and Daniel asked where he was going to use it and gave permission.
Prinsen tog sig en snabblunch i Falkenberg - Falkenberg - www.hn.se
Translation
Old 03-30-2013, 01:50 PM
Courtier

Heh heh...Daniel is wearing a New York Yankees hat. I knew the man had good taste.
Old 03-30-2013, 02:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by casualfan View Post
Heh heh...Daniel is wearing a New York Yankees hat. I knew the man had good taste.
It's probably a gift from Madeleine and Chris...
http://gfx.aftonbladet-cdn.se/image/...2012112442.JPG
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-9aAf8I2mA-...s1600/swe4.jpg
Old 03-30-2013, 04:47 PM
Aristocracy

[QUOTE=LadyFinn;1533828]It's probably a gift from Madeleine and Chris...

The same cap for Daniel & Chris, fine. I feel however that these two man are quite different, although they are likely to get on quite friendly together; I think the situation of husband to the crownprincess would hardly fit to Chris.
Old 04-01-2013, 02:22 AM
Imperial Majesty

According to Twitter, Victoria and Daniel (and I guess Estelle too) are spending Easter in Ockelbo, they were seen there yesterday.
https://twitter.com/mmalinnilsson/st...24439542534144
Old 04-02-2013, 03:09 PM
Imperial Majesty

Spanish gossip site Vanitatis writes that Victoria, Daniel and Estelle left from Spain on Friday morning, two days earlier as planned, because they were the whole time followed by the paparazzis. The paparazzis say that they had no idea the Swedes would have been there, they had been warned that Maxima would have been there. One paparazzi says that he has never seen so many security guards with a royal and that the family led a quiet life in Spain, not altered their normal schedules. One local says that it was odd to see the royals, paparazzis and the police at the village.
Victoria de Suecia abandona España agobiada por los paparazzi
Translation
Old 04-02-2013, 03:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Doesnt sound as if it could have been too relaxing a place to be.
Old 04-02-2013, 04:30 PM
Courtier

I am sorry for them, it seems, those "relaxing holidays" turned out to become a "hunting trip".

Nevertheless - yes I have to admit - I looove seeing those pics as well .... so supersweet pics with a kissing couple and a future Queen making the first steps.
Well, I know, I shouldn´t...... but I do. Yes, I do.

BYe Bine
Old 04-02-2013, 11:01 PM
Aristocracy

Location: Somewhere in a hole in the wall town in Wisconsin, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by casualfan View Post

Sheesh, what is it with New York Sports Teams and European princes? Bad enough I have cousins who love the Yankees....

Estelle is as cute as always! Time flies when your having fun!
Old 04-02-2013, 11:14 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Spanish gossip site Vanitatis writes that Victoria, Daniel and Estelle left from Spain on Friday morning, two days earlier as planned, because they were the whole time followed by the paparazzis. The paparazzis say that they had no idea the Swedes would have been there, they had been warned that Maxima would have been there. One paparazzi says that he has never seen so many security guards with a royal and that the family led a quiet life in Spain, not altered their normal schedules. One local says that it was odd to see the royals, paparazzis and the police at the village.
Victoria de Suecia abandona España agobiada por los paparazzi
Translation
Poor Victoria & Daniel,I am really sorry to hear that-I hope they still could get a few days of relaxed family life!

. Helen Keller

Tags
crown princess victoria, prince daniel