Victoria, Daniel and Family, General News Part 2: September 2010 - June 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems that there is always a pap around on key moments for V&D. The early days kiss at the window of a restaurant in 2002 at the beginning of their relationship, the kiss on the golf ground on their return from honey moon, and now the apparently first independent steps of Estelle. It looks a bit like a present for us, but maybe they had plans to share that with the outside world in a different way; this is really a private occasion. The low quality of the pictures shows that they are obviously "stolen" via a powerful zoom lens.
What upsets me most is that the pap will be warmly congratulated for that. It reminds me about a TV programme explaining how paps were tracking Bill Gates and his family on vacation. The tricks were horrible and the value of the pics indecent. Sorry if I have spoilt your pleasure. Happy Eastern to all of you.

I, too, noticed that the pics were obviously taken with a VERY long lens. Yes, it's nice to have pics to look at, but it's a shame their privacy was infringed on.

I, too, noticed that the pics were obviously taken with a VERY long lens. Yes, it's nice to have pics to look at, but it's a shame their privacy was infringed on.
And anyone that posts those photos on these boards are just aiding in the hunt of the royals.

And anyone that posts those photos on these boards are just aiding in the hunt of the royals.

it would seem that putting out pics of their child has not stopped the desire to get the "exclusive" shot by members of the press or the public.

it would seem that putting out pics of their child has not stopped the desire to get the "exclusive" shot by members of the press or the public.

That goes just for the swedish press. Victoria and/or Daniel are walking at the Haga Park with Estelle almost every day, but the press hasn't published any photos of them ever. The photos published were from the TV-program "The Year with the Royal Family". The editors of the newspapers have said that they have been offered some photos by the common people and paparazzis, but they won't publish them. The swedish press hasn't published these photos from Spain yet either, I guess that the gossip magazines will publish them in their next paper issues.
Victoria and Daniel have been together for eleven years. The swedish press has treated them quite well. There are only twice taken a few photos of them in Ockelbo (Easter 2004 and Easter 2011), there have never been published photos of them at their summer house in Acktjära.
They are public persons and the photographers want to earn their living. Victoria and Daniel know that surely very well, and they know that if they want to be left in peace, they would go to Ockelbo or Acktjära.
These photos from Spain, mostly taken with a long lens, so the photographers might not have harrassed them very much. And on the other hand, these nice photos from a loving and "normal" family on a holiday are good PR for the swedish court, and well needed. All the negative press around the king, the queen's father's Nazi background, Carl Philip and Sofia, and Madeleine living abroad and not doing the royal work events and the royal family's apanage have been at the press for so long.

The photos from Spain in finnish Iltalehti, without watermarks.
Victoria, Daniel ja Estelle Espanjassa Epätoivoista nukuttamista ja herkkää suukottelua Kuninkaalliset Iltalehti.fi

Last edited:
Apparently Swedish tabloids did not (yet!?) publish these last pics (on their website).
I agree that such pics are far from being bad for their popularity, although I repeat that they might have their own plans to publish the first steps of Estelle. We will see whether they will still come.
IMO there are no objections to pics taken while they are walking on the street, my objections are to the powerfully zoomed ones in a supposedly private area, although they themselves might be less disturbed by the latter; but I doubt they are pleased when seeing them later on paper or screen.
I remember having read not that far ago (I think it was last summer), that the owner or staff of a restaurant had taken a picture of Daniel, and friends or colleagues, without asking for permission, and Daniel asked how the picture would be used.
Well at least here, they were all dressed....

IMO there are no objections to pics taken while they are walking on the street, my objections are to the powerfully zoomed ones in a supposedly private area, although they themselves might be less disturbed by the latter; but I doubt they are pleased when seeing them later on paper or screen.
Neither of the pictures is taken in a private area. I'm not surprised that both time they were in Spain paparazzi pictures of them and Estelle emerged. Spanish press is known for that and I'm sure both Victoria & Daniel realize that as well.
I agree with LadyFinn that they are traded more then fairly by Swedish press and are allowed what they asked for, privacy for their daughter, in exchange for regular pictures/public appearances that are controled by her parents.

As others said, its the Swedish press that is tamed, not the others! That pictures were taken in Spain, so the Spanish press was also involved and we know how they are, plus some random people who are probably not even swedish to being with.
While in their homeland, they have more privacy because they handle the Swedish press wisely, so your view doesn't apply in this case^^

Last edited:
I remember having read not that far ago (I think it was last summer), that the owner or staff of a restaurant had taken a picture of Daniel, and friends or colleagues, without asking for permission, and Daniel asked how the picture would be used.
Well at least here, they were all dressed....

While Daniel was attending at Gothia Cup last July, he had a quick lunch at McDonalds in Falkenberg. The owner Henrik Bengtsson took a photo of Daniel and the people with him. Daniel asked where he was going to put the photo, and Bengtsson told that he was going to put it to a Facebook group of restaurant owners. Bengtsson kept his word and never gave the photo to the press. The article doesn't tell that Bengtsson took the photo without permission, it could well be that he asked if he could take the photo and Daniel asked where he was going to use it and gave permission.
Prinsen tog sig en snabblunch i Falkenberg - Falkenberg - www.hn.se
Translation

More photos
http://bilder.bild.de/fotos-skalier...31583473-29704826/4,c=0,view=,h=554.bild.jpeg
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Victoria, Daniel and Estelle returned to Sweden yesterday.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's probably a gift from Madeleine and Chris...

The same cap for Daniel & Chris, fine. I feel however that these two man are quite different, although they are likely to get on quite friendly together; I think the situation of husband to the crownprincess would hardly fit to Chris.

Spanish gossip site Vanitatis writes that Victoria, Daniel and Estelle left from Spain on Friday morning, two days earlier as planned, because they were the whole time followed by the paparazzis. The paparazzis say that they had no idea the Swedes would have been there, they had been warned that Maxima would have been there. One paparazzi says that he has never seen so many security guards with a royal and that the family led a quiet life in Spain, not altered their normal schedules. One local says that it was odd to see the royals, paparazzis and the police at the village.
Victoria de Suecia abandona España agobiada por los paparazzi
Translation

Doesnt sound as if it could have been too relaxing a place to be.

I am sorry for them, it seems, those "relaxing holidays" turned out to become a "hunting trip".

Nevertheless - yes I have to admit - I looove seeing those pics as well .... so supersweet pics with a kissing couple and a future Queen making the first steps.
Well, I know, I shouldn´t...... but I do. Yes, I do.

BYe Bine

Heh heh...Daniel is wearing a New York Yankees hat. I knew the man had good taste.

Sheesh, what is it with New York Sports Teams and European princes? Bad enough I have cousins who love the Yankees....

Estelle is as cute as always! Time flies when your having fun!

Spanish gossip site Vanitatis writes that Victoria, Daniel and Estelle left from Spain on Friday morning, two days earlier as planned, because they were the whole time followed by the paparazzis. The paparazzis say that they had no idea the Swedes would have been there, they had been warned that Maxima would have been there. One paparazzi says that he has never seen so many security guards with a royal and that the family led a quiet life in Spain, not altered their normal schedules. One local says that it was odd to see the royals, paparazzis and the police at the village.
Translation

Poor Victoria & Daniel,I am really sorry to hear that-I hope they still could get a few days of relaxed family life!

Heh heh...Daniel is wearing a New York Yankees hat. I knew the man had good taste.

This Toronto Blue Jays fan says BLECH!! to that!!

;)

While more than likely true, I still thought Daniel had more good sense. Oh well...We all have our days when that goes out the window...

:whistling: :D

I am sorry for them, it seems, those "relaxing holidays" turned out to become a "hunting trip".

Sadly, it did turn into just that from what little we've heard and that's a shame.

Translation

While I *get* the entire bargain w/the Swedish Press and it's working from all accounts, it's a shame they can't go anywhere else on their *Private Time* w/out being hounded, even if it's a long lens it's still a violation of their Privacy. Even though I'm sure they knew they'd be followed in Spain in some manner, it's still disgusting and sad not only that it happened, but they felt they needed to cut short their vacation time.

I don't care if "They'll Royal, so it's part and parcel of it all", because it *shouldn't* matter at all. We get to spend our Private time the way we want and if we were being stalked, which is what the paps are doing to anyone famous these days, I think we all know how we'd react. At least, I do because I have been stalked and it does things to you that changes you forever.

It's a sad sign of our times when regardless of how famous you are, you can't even have a private Family trip w/out pictures being plastered everywhere anymore. No one deserves that.

While more than likely true, I still thought Daniel had more good sense. Oh well...We all have our days when that goes out the window...

-> While showing his middle finger must have been an impulsive reaction that he surely regret later,I can understand that Chris gets offended by the paparazzis who don´t let him be and take pictures wherever he goes.They absolutely have no respect for privacy so I can easily forgive his reaction but gain,Prince Daniel shows that he has a calm character and gets along with everybody.Congratulations to him for having such a balanced personality and handling the press so well, he has done extremely well and never puts a foot wrong.

On a side note,I am happy to see that Chris & Madeleine have a cute dog,it must be some sort of terrier, a Jack Russel probably! My dog is also a terrier, a very nice and sweet little dog with good character traits.

While I *get* the entire bargain w/the Swedish Press and it's working from all accounts, it's a shame they can't go anywhere else on their *Private Time* w/out being hounded, even if it's a long lens it's still a violation of their Privacy. Even though I'm sure they knew they'd be followed in Spain in some manner, it's still disgusting and sad not only that it happened, but they felt they needed to cut short their vacation time.

I don't care if "They'll Royal, so it's part and parcel of it all", because it *shouldn't* matter at all. We get to spend our Private time the way we want and if we were being stalked, which is what the paps are doing to anyone famous these days, I think we all know how we'd react. At least, I do because I have been stalked and it does things to you that changes you forever.

It's a sad sign of our times when regardless of how famous you are, you can't even have a private Family trip w/out pictures being plastered everywhere anymore. No one deserves that.[/QUOTE]

->I agree with your last statement completely,shame on these paparazzis who take pictures even when someone is on a private trip,half-naked or coming out of the toilet. I really don´t want to see that pics and they should feel some sense of honour to stop doing that and all the royal watchers should try to restrict their lust for new pictures and sensationalism! I am perfectly happy when I get pictures of their official events and the official portraits which are much more beautiful and esthetic than those paparazzi shots:flowers:

Last edited:
Maybe V&D should either stay in Sweden or chose a holiday location where the paps don't go ... seriously, its not different from Will & Kate, in Britain the press leaves them alone, partly out of respect, partly because they don't want to anger the royals and continue to receive pictures on special occasions, but abroad its a different matter. In other countries they are not royals in that sense but celebrities whose photos can be sold. If they dont like it, they should stay away.

People on this forum say they are sorry for the couple but at the same time we all look at the pictures. As long as there is a market for such pictures, nothing will change. The internet is free, even if Swedish media don't want to publish.

Perhaps Victoria and Daniel thought that were wouldn't have been so much paparazzis. When they were in Marbella, there was just some photos of them at the street and the paparazzis hadn't followed them.
According to the spanish media Victoria and Daniel thought they could have a relaxed holiday in a little town with only 450 inhabitants. The photographers had been amazed and displeased because Victoria, Daniel and Estelle didn't go to the beach at all, although the weather was great all the time and the sun was shining.
Last summer Victoria, Daniel and Estelle were sight-seeing in Sweden, you could read from Twitter and blogs that they were seen in different places but no one posted photos of them.

El chalet del sueco Galería de fotos 1 de 6 Vanity Fair

Last edited:
Svenskdam has published some of the pap photos on its cover and, presumably, inside. So much for the bargain with Swedish media:

SDT1315_

I've been saying that in the BRF thread, it doesn't work. The paparazzi don't care and some in the public feel like they are entitle. It's sad

IT is not good. i think it is the private live of the family

I've been saying that in the BRF thread, it doesn't work. The paparazzi don't care and some in the public feel like they are entitle. It's sad

Of course Victoria and Daniel didn't even think that it would work at the whole world, just in Sweden, where is has worked perfectly at least until this day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom