Crown Princess Victoria & Prince Daniel Expect First Child in March 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The hospital does not know whether the birth will happen there? :ohmy: Can't really believe that, I mean usually parents choose the place where they get their child weeks, if not months ahead, visit the delivery rooms etc.

Desiree would be a perfect name for a little girl. But I have lot of doubts about Ulrika/Ulrica, it sounds too ... heavy, like a caricatural germanic name for non-germanic-languages-speakers.
yes it is heavy, Desiree is more light and its still more favourite. but Ulrika is somewhat diferent and the swedes had once a Queen Ulrika Eleonora, so why not a future queen to honor her? Ulrika Victoria would be nice^^
another name that comes to my mind is Alice, its a cute name!!!

its almost time for Victoria and Daniel to have their child!!!! Q Silvia even said its a matter of days now, no wonder with the huge belly Victoria has now.

Last edited:
yes it is heavy, Desiree is more light and its still more favourite. but Ulrika is somewhat diferent and the swedes had once a Queen Ulrika Eleonora, so why not a future queen to honor her? Ulrika Victoria would be nice^^
another name that comes to me if Alice, its a cute name!!!

its almost time for Victoria and Daniel to have their child!!!! Q Silvia even said its a matter of days now, no wonder with the huge belly Victoria has now.

Now Eleanora is a nice name - in that it brings to mind Eleanor of Aquitaine - a very jazzy lady from the Middle Ages. We need another Queen Eleanor. But I have a personal fondness for Desiree. :flowers: Queen Desiree - how cool is that!

Ulrike - no. :sad:

Last edited:
A matter of days, huh? This is getting exciting! :D Do you think maybe the CP has had Braxton Hicks contractions or something so that her doctors are getting prepared for a birth soon? Or is it just that her due date is approaching? First we heard the baby will be born in March, then the CP couple told us it was end of February or the beginning of March and now Queen Silvia says it could be any day now... I thought CP Victoria would've chosen already whether she gives birth in the hospital or at home by now. Is she going to go with what feels right at the time? I have no doubt that the delivery team can be transferred to the Haga Palace and there's probably some facilities for that too but I would be very surprised if the decision will be made at the last minute.

The hospital does not know whether the birth will happen there? :ohmy: Can't really believe that, I mean usually parents choose the place where they get their child weeks, if not months ahead, visit the delivery rooms etc.

That's exactly what I thought ... :ohmy:

Desiree would be a perfect name for a little girl. But I have lot of doubts about Ulrika/Ulrica, it sounds too ... heavy, like a caricatural germanic name for non-germanic-languages-speakers.
Why wouldn't a future queen of Sweden, a country with a Germanic language have a name that sounds Germanic???

yes it is heavy, Desiree is more light and its still more favourite. but Ulrika is somewhat diferent and the swedes had once a Queen Ulrika Eleonora, so why not a future queen to honor her?
Désirée is a nice name, but it doesn't sound Swedish at all and if the child is a girl she will one day be queen of Sweden. Ulrika, Christina and Margareta are more Swedish names.

Last edited:
Can anyone make a comparison between two recent pictures so we would see? :p
If I could figure out how to post pictures here I would. But everytime I try it fails. Sorry :(
I became aware of it when I went to this site The Royalty Chronicles | Chronicling the lives and times of European Royalty and saw a picture of her in profile. I could tell that the baby had dropped from that one picture but then I volunteered at a hospital for 3 years and saw hundreds of pregnant women and so I guess I have an eye for that sort of thing.

Prinsessan said:

But they said that they are in contact with the royal court so i'm sure that they have been told to prepare if Victoria wants to give birth at Karolinska. There is also a possibility that she might give birth at home. The King, Prince Carl Philip and Princess Madeleine were all born at home. They have just choosed to do it in an another way than that we see in Denmark where every detail is announced long before the actual birth and media is invited to the hospital.

Yes, you would think that they would have to make a decision months before the due date! Especially when it's a royal baby and there needs to be some special arrangements. I would also think the hospital would need to have a couple of rooms ready just for this purpose, you cannot expect them to just "see if anything's available". If I remember right, in Denmark they have always told where the birth will take place when the pregnancy has been announced.

If I could figure out how to post pictures here I would. But everytime I try it fails. Sorry :(
I became aware of it when I went to this site The Royalty Chronicles | Chronicling the lives and times of European Royalty and saw a picture of her in profile. I could tell that the baby had dropped from that one picture but then I volunteered at a hospital for 3 years and saw hundreds of pregnant women and so I guess I have an eye for that sort of thing.

Well, judging by the Queen's comment on this, the fact that preparations are being made at the hospital and your experience, I'd say the baby might arrive soon! :)

Maybe she wants a home birth and they are getting ready at Karolinska if there are any complications? God forbid, of course.

That's exactly what I thought ... :ohmy:
Some babies don't care about what kind of planning has been done. They just come with the speed of lightning no matter where the mother happen to be at the time.

Why wouldn't a future queen of Sweden, a country with a Germanic language have a name that sounds Germanic???

Désirée is a nice name, but it doesn't sound Swedish at all and if the child is a girl she will one day be queen of Sweden. Ulrika, Christina and Margareta are more Swedish names.

I have absolutely nothing against names sounding Germanic as I like very much germanic languages. However, some of them are difficult to cope with even in countries where a Germanic language is spoken.

Last edited:
Désirée swedish version would be desideria
Desideria sounds VERY oldfashioned, I know noone named that but several named Desireé wich is imo a much nicer name (or version of the name) and i hope they will use the international one if they choose that name.

Can´t wait for the baby to arrive now, I keep looking for a bulletin on the news several times a day. I hope that everything goes well and smooth for the baby and the parents to be and i think that the baby will be born at Karolinska hospital.

Maybe she wants a home birth and they are getting ready at Karolinska if there are any complications? God forbid, of course.

This is the conclusion I reached after reading that the hospital wasn't sure if the delivery would be there.

I think we have to wait another two weeks and then there will shine a new star in the Royal Palace.

Lots of rumours circulating that CP Victoria has checked into a hospital, that the labour is in progress etc. Estonian newssite Delfi.ee announced on Thursday that the princess was already in a hospital and possibly having a cesarean done soon (which turned out to be false). Today (sorry, yesterday by now) I heard a rumour from someone claiming to know someone from Karolinska Sjukhuset who had said the princess had checked in. I doubt that source as well.

I wonder why the rumours are suddenly accelerating. Has the princess been seen recently? Has she visited her doctor etc. which might have been mistaken as her checking in?

Of course I'm eagerly awaiting for the new heir to the throne to arrive but I just will not believe everything I hear before I see a thread here stating that the baby is on it's way.

Lots of rumours circulating that CP Victoria has checked into a hospital, that the labour is in progress etc. Estonian newssite Delfi.ee announced on Thursday that the princess was already in a hospital and possibly having a cesarean done soon (which turned out to be false). Today (sorry, yesterday by now) I heard a rumour from someone claiming to know someone from Karolinska Sjukhuset who had said the princess had checked in. I doubt that source as well.

I wonder why the rumours are suddenly accelerating. Has the princess been seen recently? Has she visited her doctor etc. which might have been mistaken as her checking in?

Of course I'm eagerly awaiting for the new heir to the throne to arrive but I just will not believe everything I hear before I see a thread here stating that the baby is on it's way.
If you read this thread you will find that Karolinska University Hospital has arranged for a parking area for the press and made other traffic arrangements. Not likely that such arrangements would be done unless they expected CP Victoria's arrival within the next day or so.

If you read this thread you will find that Karolinska University Hospital has arranged for a parking area for the press and made other traffic arrangements. Not likely that such arrangements would be done unless they expected CP Victoria's arrival within the next day or so.

You're right and yes, I've read this thread! It was also all over the news so very hard to miss. :)

Yes, you would think that they would have to make a decision months before the due date! Especially when it's a royal baby and there needs to be some special arrangements. I would also think the hospital would need to have a couple of rooms ready just for this purpose, you cannot expect them to just "see if anything's available".

Exactly my thoughts, I just don't think any hospital has the capacity to keep a couple of rooms or even a whole ward free "just in case". Sure, it is a possibility that she wants to give birth at home, but honestly I don't think so, after all this is her first child...

Anyway, I'm really excited since it seems to be only a matter of days now!

Yes it would seem that the baby will be here, before the month is out.

Sure, it is a possibility that she wants to give birth at home, but honestly I don't think so, after all this is her first child...

I heard that Princess Marilene van Oranje-Nassau van Vollenhoven had all her three children at home and nothing bad happened.

Royal experts Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg and Claes-Johan Larsson talked about Victoria´s and Daniel´s baby at TV4 program on the 7th February.
About the name Tarras-Wahlberg said that it has to be remembered that the child will be a queen or a king some day. She believes Victoria and Daniel will choose a swedish name, which is also international. She named out Anna, for Daniel´s sister, and Alice. For a boy she said Olof could be one of the names, from Daniel and his father.
Larsson said that probably Victoria and Daniel will not choose Gustaf Adolf, because Adolf isn´t a very good name. For a girl he suggested Elisabeth (because of ETW) but his main choice would be Lovisa/Louise, and for a boy Oscar or Carl Oscar.
About dukedoms - Tarras-Wahlberg said that Öland and Gotland have never had dukes or duchesses and said that she thinks Gotland because Victoria and Daniel were there on May/June. ETW is still very close to Victoria.
Larsson suggested Norrland as the dukedom.
Nyhetsmorgon: Tarras-Wahlberg spekulerar i kunganamn - TV4 Play

The police came today to the Karolinska University Hospital to make preparations.
Polis på plats vid förlossningen inför kungabebisen | Nyheter | Expressen
Google translation

About dukedoms - Tarras-Wahlberg said that Öland and Gotland have never had dukes or duchesses and said that she thinks Gotland because Victoria and Daniel were there on May/June. ETW is still very close to Victoria.
Then Tarras-Wahlberg doesn't know her royal history, as Gotland have had a duke, Oscar Bernadotte, the son of Oscar II and the father of Folke Bernadotte. Oscar was duke of Gotland until his marriage with Ebba Munch af Fulkila, a non-royal. He was given the title comte de Wisborg by his maternal uncle, Adolf, grand-duke of Luxembourg. The name Wisborg comeds from the name of the castle Visborg in Visby, on the island of Gotland. Visborg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom