Crown Princess Victoria & Prince Daniel Expect First Child in March 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know :) But they did not say if it will be something on the tv. I just speculated about things they haven't announced yet.
Maybe because it's not the Royal Court that decides what will be televised or not, it depends on what the Swedish tv channels choses to film and send. With the execption of the witnesses viewing the newborn I would guess that the rest of the official program will be on tv, as far as I remember those events was televised when Victoria and her siblings were born.

Am I the only one who is checking this forum dozens of times a day to see if the baby is here yet?! Maybe it is an American thing.

Waiting in Texas,
Jen

Am I the only one who is checking this forum dozens of times a day to see if the baby is here yet?! Maybe it is an American thing.

Waiting in Texas,
Jen

I can't check that often but I do look every day.

I check once a day! :lol: I think the baby will come, the first few days in March.

I think that the baby will arrive at her nameday.

The King and the Crown Princess attended a counsil with the government today at the palace in Stockholm.

We are a lot of people who are checking this site and all swedish national media many times every day now with a hope to read "birth news" ;) I guess that we have to wait until early march but I hope the baby will arrive tomorrow ;)

^ i keep checking lots of time per day as well, and even more now that Victoria said in a interview (somewhere in this thread) that the baby will arrive in the end of February/begining of March, but it can come 2 weeks earlier or 2 weeks later.
Herman LIndqvist, who has written a lot of books of royals, about the possible names of Victoria´s and Daniel´s child:
Namnen Victoria och Daniel funderar på | Nyheter | Expressen
Google translation
all this names on this website are my choices too, and is highly that the baby will be named by one of those.

In recent pictures it's looked like the baby has dropped so I'm guessing it will come in the next week or so. Every day I get on looking for the announcement.

:previous:yes I agree so I adjust my prediction from today to one more week

If she has a girl i guess that they name her Louise and make her Duchess of Skåne. Louise is a quite popular name in every ages in Sweden, there is no other Princess Louise in the other royal houses in the same generation that will likely become Queen (prince edwards daughter won't become Queen) and we have had two Queen Louise in the Bernadotte dynasty, the wife of Gustaf VI Adolf and the wife of Carl XV and both of them were Duchess of Skåne when they were Crown Princess. And one of Victorias closest friends since their childhood is Princess Märtha-Louise of norway. If she has a boy i would love the name Carl Johan to honour the first Bernadotte king as well as her great uncle Carl Johan Bernadotte. Or maybe Gustaf.

I think Louise is a very likely name for them.

i still hope for Desiree and Ulrika, no other royal child has this name, and for a future monarch it should be reserved just only for her.
for a boy i guess it will be original in terms of no other child having the name as they will probably give Carl-something, i hope for Carl-Johan, and please no Oscar as i hate the name.

Halland said:
Karl XV, wife's name was Lovisa not Louise

That's right. Her birthname was actually Louise and she was called Queen Louise in Norway but in Sweden they changed her name to Lovisa for some reason unknown to me.

Because Lovisa sounds more Swedish, I think.

Lovisa is indeed the traditonal swedish version of Louise. There was Lovisa av Nederländerna(Nederlands) and her daughter Lovisa (Queen Louise of Denmark).

Bernhardine Eugénie Désirée Clary became Desideria
Joséphine Maximilienne Eugénie Napoléonne became Josefina Maximiliana Eugenia Napoleona av Leuchtenberg.
Sophia of Nassau they chanced to Sofia.
Viktoria/Sophia Maria Viktoria of Baden became Victoria
Margaret Victoria Augusta Charlotte Norah became Margareta.

But later they didn't "translate" the names anymore. So with Louise Mountbatten they did not change her name. And Madeleine Thérèse Amelie Josephine has also the french versions of her names (and not Magdalena Teresia Amalia Josefina - which i find a little bit better or just more fitting for a Swedish Princess, who just has a few French ancestors serveral generations behind...).

http://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lovisa_av_Nederländerna

In recent pictures it's looked like the baby has dropped so I'm guessing it will come in the next week or so. Every day I get on looking for the announcement.

Can anyone make a comparison between two recent pictures so we would see? :p

I keep checking this forum every day to see if anything's happening but nothing... The Swedish press doesn't seem to have much news on the royals either (BTW, why don't they have a separate section on their pages for news related to the court?). Of course I'm hoping that the baby will be born after a full term pregnancy but surely it is big enough now to be born at any minute? Then again, CP Victoria still has one appointment in her calendar, the lunch for Finland's soon-to-be-ex president on the 21st. Curiously enough, CP Victoria's name is listed as a participant on the Swedish version of the calendar but on the English version only the regent couple is listed as participants.

I guess she is trying to keep her legs crossed until the 22nd! :lol: (Not that it would be a problem if she couldn't attend.)

i still hope for Desiree and Ulrika, no other royal child has this name, and for a future monarch it should be reserved just only for her.
for a boy i guess it will be original in terms of no other child having the name as they will probably give Carl-something, i hope for Carl-Johan, and please no Oscar as i hate the name.

Desiree would be a perfect name for a little girl. But I have lot of doubts about Ulrika/Ulrica, it sounds too ... heavy, like a caricatural germanic name for non-germanic-languages-speakers.

I bet that a lot of journalists will camp outside Haga Palace during the upcoming week :-D

Last edited:
The Swedish newspapers today are reporting that Karolinska University Hospital, which is just a short distance from Haga, has prepared parking for the media in anticipation of the royal birth.

We may have a new royal prince/princess before the weekend is over.

grevinnan said:
The Swedish newspapers today are reporting that Karolinska University Hospital, which is just a short distance from Haga, has prepared parking for the media in anticipation of the royal birth.

We may have a new royal prince/princess before the weekend is over.

Or they might just be super-organised.

The king delivered a medal to pianist Robert Wells at the medal ceremony yesterday. Wells spoke with queen Silvia also about Victoria´s baby, and the queen said that "It is just a matter of days now ... "
Kungaparet delade ut medaljer – men snart kommer barnbarnet… | Svensk Damtidning
Google translation

Karolinska University Hospital has disabled parking spaces outside the hospital's orthopedic clinic for the busses from the TV should have somewhere to stand on when the royal baby will be born at the hospital.
Klas Östman is press officer at the hospital and he confirms that the p-sites are involved in anticipation of the royal birth:
- We have not received notice of the court of the birth will happen here, but we are preparing for it will be so.
He stated that the hospital has had contact with the court, but the hospital has not been told about if the birth will happen at the hospital.
- We are taking the steps we can because if, I repeat if, it becomes so.
P-platser stängs av i väntan på kungababy | Inrikes | SvD
Google translation

Last edited:
the hospital says thery do not know if they will have the baby at Karolinska but they want to be prepered

but i hope we will have a baby watch very soon

This seems like a case of just being super prepared so that nothing slips through the cracks. I'm excited for Victoria and Daniel to become new parents!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom