The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 01:04 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
No, but there were some speculation because of his illness. However, at least many doctors here in Finland have said that the kidney transplant and the medication Daniel has to take for the rest of his life, doesn´t prevent him having children. Victoria´s anorexia was the more worrying thing.
But there is no need to discuss about this now.
Ok, but there are rumours out there, like in the case with CPss Mary and the twins, that they got help with this and if they did I´m not the one to blame them. Let´s be happy that they are expecting :)

Old 08-19-2011, 01:19 PM
Courtier

Congrats! Wonderful news!!!!

Old 08-19-2011, 02:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

A very happy Daniel leaving the Royal Palace yesterday afternoon
http://gfx.aftonbladet-cdn.se/image/....indd_1516.jpg
Old 08-19-2011, 02:21 PM
Aristocracy

If Victoria got pregnant in june then that's the same month that they got married (June 19th). Effectively, she got pregnant within a year..
Old 08-20-2011, 05:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

I read from finnish Iltasanomat, that the mistress of the Robes, Alice Trolle-Wachtmeister had said to Aftonbladet, that Victoria decided that it was time to announce the pregnancy, because she felt that her belly was showing. So Victoria and Daniel told to the court´s information department on Tuesday, and so it was published on Wednesday. Until this only the closest to Victoria and Daniel (families) were told.
Victoria was also determined that she and Daniel should announce the pregnancy before the media would have published it.
Old 08-20-2011, 05:43 AM
Courtier

Spain for some reason told the world they were expecting girls. I don't have children but at what stage would the doctors know whether it was a girl/boy?

Also if it is 2 weeks early (March 14?) that would mean a February birth? Are first babies usually early or late?
Old 08-20-2011, 05:55 AM
Courtier

1. Wonder whether they announce the gender beforehand
2. So she will be heavily pregnant at the Nobel prize award ceremony.
3. Might happen that the baby will be born on February 29th since 2012 is
a leap year.
4. I guess it will be named Christina but no Oskar as first name for a boy.
5. Possibly no Sybilla as name because her paternal grandmother wasn´t very much liked in Sweden. Always wondered why Viktoria hasn´t got the name Sybilla as a second or third name.
Old 08-20-2011, 05:55 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post
Spain for some reason told the world they were expecting girls. I don't have children but at what stage would the doctors know whether it was a girl/boy?

Also if it is 2 weeks early (March 14?) that would mean a February birth? Are first babies usually early or late?
The court said just that Victoria and Daniel are expecting their first child, and the birth is expected to take place in March of 2012.
Everything else is just gossip.
Old 08-20-2011, 06:36 AM
Courtier

Congratulations to Victoria and Daniel
Old 08-20-2011, 06:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitetiger View Post
If Victoria got pregnant in june then that's the same month that they got married (June 19th). Effectively, she got pregnant within a year..
So it is an anniversary baby!
Old 08-20-2011, 08:42 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk
I've never had a baby but it's it around 20 weeks they can determine sex. Though I know 2 plp who were told girls but had boys
Old 08-20-2011, 08:44 AM

Congratulations for the couple!!
Old 08-20-2011, 08:51 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk

The Prince and Princess of Asturias announced that their second child was a girl due to the potential constitutional complications that would have resulted had she been a boy and replace Infanta Leonor in the line of succession. Male preference primogeniture still operates so they wanted to give the government time to change the law if necessary, which it wasn't. Victoria and Daniel's baby would be the heir regardless of gender so they won't need to announce it.
Old 08-20-2011, 09:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
I've never had a baby but it's it around 20 weeks they can determine sex. Though I know 2 plp who were told girls but had boys

That just happened to a friend of mine!
She had to return everything she'd bought for a girl.
Old 08-20-2011, 02:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

King Carl Gustaf and queen Silvia were on their way back home from St. Tropez, while they stopped to eat at restaurant Babette in Vordingborg in Denmark. A danish TV-group got a little interview.
While the interviewer congratulated them and asked about their first grandchild:
the queen said: Thank you very much, we are very happy.
the king said: We take one thing at a time. Ok? Thank you.
Video:
Kungaparet i tv:
Old 08-20-2011, 04:06 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
Yes, at 20 weeks scan they can tell you if the baby is cooperating. But with blood test it's also possible to know earlier if the parents are really desperate, but it's pretty expensive, I know a couple who had the sex of the baby confirmed after 3 months mark.
Old 08-20-2011, 04:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

the doctors told my aunt that she was expecting a boy, but in the end it turned out a girl.

in my case, the doctors never told my mother if i was boy or girl because i was in a position where they couldnt see my gender. so my mom had to wait until my birth to now which gender i was, in the end i was a girl!!!

we have lots of situations, they even might choose to know the gender afte the child is born, many couples do that. big surprise!!!!
Old 08-20-2011, 05:50 PM
Nobility

some people can do other tests, like amniocentesis, to see if the baby has genetical problems.
My mom made it with me when it was uncommon (it was a particular case at the time) but it is kinda common now so i guess the Crown princess Victoria will do it and that way you can know the sex of the baby at the 15th week!
Old 08-20-2011, 05:58 PM
Serene Highness

Amniocentesis is actually recommended for pregnancies if the mother is older than 30 years old.
Old 08-20-2011, 08:18 PM
Gentry

I found out the sex of my baby-to-be at 13 weeks, confirmed it at 20 weeks, and hope to confirm it again next Wednesday at my 32 week ultrasound. Lord help us if it turns out SHE is a HE and we have to send back all this pink stuff!

The ultrasound technicians said that they can usually tell by the 12th or 13th week via ultrasound. Since CP Victoria is who she is, I'm sure they will wait around until baby gets in a good position so they can tell the sex (if they even want to know). They won't be rushing HER out the door to get to the next ultrasound appointment!
Since she's announced now and its probably just past the 12 or 13 week mark, my guess is that they already know the sex, if they chose to find out.

Closed Thread

Tags
crown princess victoria, pregnancy, pregnant, prince daniel