Crown Princess Victoria & Prince Daniel Expect First Child in March 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday I read from one of the blogs commenting at the royal pregnancy on either Expressen or Aftonbladet that according to tradition the baby will be born at Haga Palace (they claimed it would be the first royal birth there, is it true?) and the first guest to see the baby according to etiquette would be the prime minister who's job would be to witness that an heir to the crown has indeed been born. The baby might even be presented on a silver tray to spectators as happened with Gustav V in the past. The blogger gave Victoria the advice that she should not accept the PM as her first guest at her bedside on such a delicate situation etc. and was simply quite shocked at the presentation ritual etc.

I just think all this sounds a bit funny. Didn't Queen Silvia give birth at a hospital so why would her daughter give birth at home? I understand that there might be some traditions and maybe even laws that the PM must pay a visit to acknowledge the new heir-to-the-throne-to-be but I doubt he'd be the very first guest. As for the presentation on a silver tray... :lol: Seriously, wasn't done with Victoria, why would it be done this time? :ROFLMAO:
Crownprincess Victoria is the first (and only) royal who hasn´t been born in one of the royal familys palaces, i´ve read beacuse Queen Silvia was nervous about her first birth so she chose to have Victoria at Karolinska Hospital instead - but Carl-Philip was born at Stockholm palace and Madeleine at Drottningholm palace and the king and all his sisters was born at Haga palace.

In the old days the prime minister and the speaker of parliment and other prominent persons would be waiting in a room next door and then be shown the (still bloody) baby - in Gustav V´s case with him laying on a silver tray... But today that cermony takes place the day after the birth and does not include a silver tray :). But we will most likely see the prime minister and the speaker of parliment at the palace the day after the birth.

I squealed with joy with the news! I must say I was a bit worried about them but it did look like she was pregnant lately, praise the Lord! They will make wonderful p arents!!

Frelinghighness said:
I squealed with joy with the news! I must say I was a bit worried about them but it did look like she was pregnant lately, praise the Lord! They will make wonderful p arents!!

LOL. I squealed too! I couldn't be more thrilled for them!, and like you said, they'll make wonderful parents!! :)

I can't help smiling at some people who are saying 'finally'. They've been married just over a year and since she must have gotten pregnant in June, they managed it in less than a year.

I can't help smiling at some people who are saying 'finally'. They've been married just over a year and since she must have gotten pregnant in June, they managed it in less than a year.
Same here, actually no one knows how long they have been trying, except them, and it could have worked on the first try. ;) It's not impossible that they simply wanted to give Daniel some time to get used to his new role and therefore waited with the baby for some time.

Just read about this the other day via PEOPLE magazine online, and couldn't be happier! :)

On that note, I wish to add my well wishes and felicitations to my favorite royal couple, Crown Princess Victoria & Prince Daniel. :flowers:

:fireworks: CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :fireworks:

I was waiting for sush news.
congratulation for both Victoria and Daniel I hope her a safe pregnancy.

I have heard some rumours about Prince Daniel not being able to "produce". Has anyone else heard that?

I have heard some rumours about Prince Daniel not being able to "produce". Has anyone else heard that?

No, but there were some speculation because of his illness. However, at least many doctors here in Finland have said that the kidney transplant and the medication Daniel has to take for the rest of his life, doesn´t prevent him having children. Victoria´s anorexia was the more worrying thing.
But there is no need to discuss about this now.

Last edited:
No, but there were some speculation because of his illness. However, at least many doctors here in Finland have said that the kidney transplant and the medication Daniel has to take for the rest of his life, doesn´t prevent him having children. Victoria´s anorexia was the more worrying thing.
But there is no need to discuss about this now.
Ok, but there are rumours out there, like in the case with CPss Mary and the twins, that they got help with this and if they did I´m not the one to blame them. Let´s be happy that they are expecting :)

If Victoria got pregnant in june then that's the same month that they got married (June 19th). Effectively, she got pregnant within a year.. :flowers:

I read from finnish Iltasanomat, that the mistress of the Robes, Alice Trolle-Wachtmeister had said to Aftonbladet, that Victoria decided that it was time to announce the pregnancy, because she felt that her belly was showing. So Victoria and Daniel told to the court´s information department on Tuesday, and so it was published on Wednesday. Until this only the closest to Victoria and Daniel (families) were told.
Victoria was also determined that she and Daniel should announce the pregnancy before the media would have published it.

Spain for some reason told the world they were expecting girls. I don't have children but at what stage would the doctors know whether it was a girl/boy?

Also if it is 2 weeks early (March 14?) that would mean a February birth? Are first babies usually early or late?

1. Wonder whether they announce the gender beforehand
2. So she will be heavily pregnant at the Nobel prize award ceremony.
3. Might happen that the baby will be born on February 29th since 2012 is
a leap year.
4. I guess it will be named Christina but no Oskar as first name for a boy.
5. Possibly no Sybilla as name because her paternal grandmother wasn´t very much liked in Sweden. Always wondered why Viktoria hasn´t got the name Sybilla as a second or third name.

Spain for some reason told the world they were expecting girls. I don't have children but at what stage would the doctors know whether it was a girl/boy?

Also if it is 2 weeks early (March 14?) that would mean a February birth? Are first babies usually early or late?

The court said just that Victoria and Daniel are expecting their first child, and the birth is expected to take place in March of 2012.
Everything else is just gossip.

If Victoria got pregnant in june then that's the same month that they got married (June 19th). Effectively, she got pregnant within a year.. :flowers:
So it is an anniversary baby!:flowers:

angieuk said:

I've never had a baby but it's it around 20 weeks they can determine sex. Though I know 2 plp who were told girls but had boys

angieuk said:

The Prince and Princess of Asturias announced that their second child was a girl due to the potential constitutional complications that would have resulted had she been a boy and replace Infanta Leonor in the line of succession. Male preference primogeniture still operates so they wanted to give the government time to change the law if necessary, which it wasn't. Victoria and Daniel's baby would be the heir regardless of gender so they won't need to announce it.

I've never had a baby but it's it around 20 weeks they can determine sex. Though I know 2 plp who were told girls but had boys

That just happened to a friend of mine!
She had to return everything she'd bought for a girl. :lol:

King Carl Gustaf and queen Silvia were on their way back home from St. Tropez, while they stopped to eat at restaurant Babette in Vordingborg in Denmark. A danish TV-group got a little interview.
While the interviewer congratulated them and asked about their first grandchild:
the queen said: Thank you very much, we are very happy.
the king said: We take one thing at a time. Ok? Thank you.
Video:
Kungaparet i tv:

Yes, at 20 weeks scan they can tell you if the baby is cooperating. ;) But with blood test it's also possible to know earlier if the parents are really desperate, but it's pretty expensive, I know a couple who had the sex of the baby confirmed after 3 months mark.

the doctors told my aunt that she was expecting a boy, but in the end it turned out a girl.

in my case, the doctors never told my mother if i was boy or girl because i was in a position where they couldnt see my gender. so my mom had to wait until my birth to now which gender i was, in the end i was a girl!!!

we have lots of situations, they even might choose to know the gender afte the child is born, many couples do that. big surprise!!!!

some people can do other tests, like amniocentesis, to see if the baby has genetical problems.
My mom made it with me when it was uncommon (it was a particular case at the time) but it is kinda common now so i guess the Crown princess Victoria will do it and that way you can know the sex of the baby at the 15th week!

Amniocentesis is actually recommended for pregnancies if the mother is older than 30 years old.

I found out the sex of my baby-to-be at 13 weeks, confirmed it at 20 weeks, and hope to confirm it again next Wednesday at my 32 week ultrasound. Lord help us if it turns out SHE is a HE and we have to send back all this pink stuff!

The ultrasound technicians said that they can usually tell by the 12th or 13th week via ultrasound. Since CP Victoria is who she is, I'm sure they will wait around until baby gets in a good position so they can tell the sex (if they even want to know). They won't be rushing HER out the door to get to the next ultrasound appointment!
Since she's announced now and its probably just past the 12 or 13 week mark, my guess is that they already know the sex, if they chose to find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom