Crown Princess Victoria & Prince Daniel Expect First Child in March 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This was such welcome news to learn about earlier today, as I haven't been feeling at all well. This certainly gave me a pick me up though. :eek:)

So very happy for them, as they've both stated how much they wanted a Family. God willing all goes well w/Victoria's Pregnancy and March brings a healthy little baby Prince or Princess.

Congratulations to Victoria, Daniel, their Familes and the People of Sweden!!! :eek:D

YAAAAAAAAAAAAY! I am so happy for them!
She and Prince Daniel are my favourite Royal Couple...soon they will be my favourite Royal Family!

Congratulations Victoria and Daniel!

Congratulations to Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel, I was watching every day for an announcement after seeing Victoria at the Norwegian memorial service and she definitely looked pregnant, so happy for them!:flowers:

she will make a great mum, Queen Silvia must be over the moon to know that she will become a grandmamma

Such great news for the couple and their nation :swedenflag2:. Children bring so much joy to one's life.

What great news! I cant wait for their child to be born, I wonder if it'll be a boy or a girl if it's a girl then it'll be a long reign of queens.

Congratulations to CPss Victoria and Prince Daniel on their news that they shall become parents to either a new prince or princess in March 2012.

Does anyone know whether the name of the Royal house shall change to Westling-Bernadotte once this child reigns in the mid to late this century?

It shall be interesting to see christmas photos and New Year's day 2012 photos.

I wonder if the new baby shall have brown eyes of CPss Victoria and Prince Daniel or shall have blue eyes like King Carl XVI Gustaf and Pss Madeleine.

It shall be interesting also the christening robe, flowers and church.

:flowers:

Hope the pregnancy goes well. As excited as the parents -to-be are I'm sure the grandparents-to-be are as well.

I think this news is wonderful and I'm so happy for Victoria and Daniel. Somehow I knew their troubles would just be "little ones". :)

Babies are a good reminder that no matter what is happening in the world, they're a sure sign that God wishes this world to continue.

Wow, this is awesome.....Congratulations to Victoria and Daniel.........

Congrats to the happy couple and their whole family! I'm so excited for them.

This is such happy news. Victoria and Daniel are such a lovely couple. I am sure they will be a wonderful family. The people of Sweden must be so excited.

Last edited:
What wonderful news! Congratulations to the happy couple!

Have any official congratulations been published yet? I would think that most Royal families (and other foreign dignitaries) who are close to the SRF have sent their congratulations to the couple but I haven't seen anything in the press yet. I'd love to see comments especially from CP Frederik and CP Mary and CP Haakon and CP Mette-Marit since I know Frederik and Haakon are close with CP Victoria.

Happy prince Daniel leaving Master Training gym yesterday evening
ANP Photo
ANP Photo
ANP Photo
ANP Photo
ANP Photo

Aftonbladet went to knock at the door of Daniel´s parents yesterday. Olle Westling said:
- We are thrilled and delighted and happy about the news.
He didn´t reveal when he and Daniel´s mother found out that they were going to be grandparents again.
- No, that we keep to ourselves, he said, laughing.
To become the grandfather of a future heir to the throne must surely feel really big?
- Just to be grandfather feels great. Previously, I'm the grandfather of my daughter´s two girls and now it is clear that it makes me happy to be a grandfather to the child of my son, too, he said.
Blivande farfar: Vi är jätteglada | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

Swedish Princess Victoria Is Pregnant! Did She Steal Kate Middleton's Thunder? | Posh24.com

Last edited:
i wonder if the baby will have blue eyes. i know Victoria has brown eyes, but blue eyes run in her family, also Daniel's eyes seems to me a bit blue-ish!!!
cant wait to see the little baby's face

i wonder if the baby will have blue eyes. i know Victoria has brown eyes, but blue eyes run in her family, also Daniel's eyes seems to me a bit blue-ish!!!
cant wait to see the little baby's face
Actually I think the baby could have the mixture between both,that could be nice green or hazel colour

Congratulations to Victoria & Daniel!

Congratulations to them! I wish the American news outlets covered more royal stories (other than those that relate to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge). I'll have to keep watch here to find out the news about the baby. I hope the coverage of the baby's christening makes it to YouTube. That's about the only way I can see videos of European's royal families, it seems.

Such happy news for a wonderful couple.

I am so glad for them! I had worried whether Daniel's health history would give them a problem - but seeminly not! :)

After Mathilde, Maxima, Mette-Marit, Mary and Letizia keeping us happy and interested on the baby front, we will now be looking to Victoria and, hopefully, Catherine and Charlene! Then there only the Hereditary Prince Guillaume of Luxembourg to marry. (Of course, although no longer with a throne, we also have Prince Georg Friedrich of Prussia, Head of the former Imperial German house, marrying at the end of this month!)

Absolutely Fantastic News! I am SO happy for them.
Wishing them all the best.

Have to say...I was getting a little worried as time went by.
Whew! Now I can relax and be happy for them. :)

Comments from the grandparents-to-be from Aftonbladet:

Kungaparet: Underbara nyheter | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

And translated in English:

King and Queen: Great news

Yesterday came the news: Crown Princess Victoria is pregnant.

Today the prospective grandparents tell about their joy over receiving the news.

Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel are expecting their first child. Queen Silvia and King Carl XVI Gustaf will get their first grandchild in March next year.

They choose to comment on the upcoming grandchild today in a statement.

- It is wonderful news and we both rejoice with the Crown Princess couple. We wish the Crown Princess couple a quiet, peaceful and harmonious period, writes the royal couple.

The prospective grandparents on the father's side already have two grandchildren, but look forward to another.

- We are thrilled and delighted with the happy news, says Olle Westling to Aftonbladet.

Congratulations to CPss Victoria and Prince Daniel. It shall be great to have Haga Palace halls echo with the sound of children laughing and running down corridors as the the next generation of the Swedish Royal Family is raised in the same palace that their grandfather the King was raised and also their great aunts.

:flowers::swedenflag2::butterfly::globe::rose2::star::fireworks:
I also wonder which colour eyes the baby shall have brown, blue, hazel or green.

Also, whether the baby shall have blonde hair as a toddler and then have brown or chesnut like CPss Victoria or reddish brown hair like Prince Daniel as the child grows older.

Yesterday I read from one of the blogs commenting at the royal pregnancy on either Expressen or Aftonbladet that according to tradition the baby will be born at Haga Palace (they claimed it would be the first royal birth there, is it true?) and the first guest to see the baby according to etiquette would be the prime minister who's job would be to witness that an heir to the crown has indeed been born. The baby might even be presented on a silver tray to spectators as happened with Gustav V in the past. The blogger gave Victoria the advice that she should not accept the PM as her first guest at her bedside on such a delicate situation etc. and was simply quite shocked at the presentation ritual etc.

I just think all this sounds a bit funny. Didn't Queen Silvia give birth at a hospital so why would her daughter give birth at home? I understand that there might be some traditions and maybe even laws that the PM must pay a visit to acknowledge the new heir-to-the-throne-to-be but I doubt he'd be the very first guest. As for the presentation on a silver tray... :lol: Seriously, wasn't done with Victoria, why would it be done this time? :ROFLMAO:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom