The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 07:52 PM
Aristocracy

Lovisa is indeed the traditonal swedish version of Louise. There was Lovisa av Nederländerna(Nederlands) and her daughter Lovisa (Queen Louise of Denmark).

Bernhardine Eugénie Désirée Clary became Desideria
Joséphine Maximilienne Eugénie Napoléonne became Josefina Maximiliana Eugenia Napoleona av Leuchtenberg.
Sophia of Nassau they chanced to Sofia.
Viktoria/Sophia Maria Viktoria of Baden became Victoria
Margaret Victoria Augusta Charlotte Norah became Margareta.

But later they didn't "translate" the names anymore. So with Louise Mountbatten they did not change her name. And Madeleine Thérèse Amelie Josephine has also the french versions of her names (and not Magdalena Teresia Amalia Josefina - which i find a little bit better or just more fitting for a Swedish Princess, who just has a few French ancestors serveral generations behind...).

Old 02-16-2012, 11:41 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellydofc View Post
In recent pictures it's looked like the baby has dropped so I'm guessing it will come in the next week or so. Every day I get on looking for the announcement.
Can anyone make a comparison between two recent pictures so we would see?

I keep checking this forum every day to see if anything's happening but nothing... The Swedish press doesn't seem to have much news on the royals either (BTW, why don't they have a separate section on their pages for news related to the court?). Of course I'm hoping that the baby will be born after a full term pregnancy but surely it is big enough now to be born at any minute? Then again, CP Victoria still has one appointment in her calendar, the lunch for Finland's soon-to-be-ex president on the 21st. Curiously enough, CP Victoria's name is listed as a participant on the Swedish version of the calendar but on the English version only the regent couple is listed as participants.

I guess she is trying to keep her legs crossed until the 22nd! (Not that it would be a problem if she couldn't attend.)

Old 02-16-2012, 12:16 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathia_sophia View Post
i still hope for Desiree and Ulrika, no other royal child has this name, and for a future monarch it should be reserved just only for her.
for a boy i guess it will be original in terms of no other child having the name as they will probably give Carl-something, i hope for Carl-Johan, and please no Oscar as i hate the name.
Desiree would be a perfect name for a little girl. But I have lot of doubts about Ulrika/Ulrica, it sounds too ... heavy, like a caricatural germanic name for non-germanic-languages-speakers.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:47 PM
Nobility

I bet that a lot of journalists will camp outside Haga Palace during the upcoming week :-D
Old 02-17-2012, 10:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

The Swedish newspapers today are reporting that Karolinska University Hospital, which is just a short distance from Haga, has prepared parking for the media in anticipation of the royal birth.

We may have a new royal prince/princess before the weekend is over.
Old 02-17-2012, 10:30 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan
The Swedish newspapers today are reporting that Karolinska University Hospital, which is just a short distance from Haga, has prepared parking for the media in anticipation of the royal birth.

We may have a new royal prince/princess before the weekend is over.
Or they might just be super-organised.
Old 02-17-2012, 11:09 AM
Imperial Majesty

The king delivered a medal to pianist Robert Wells at the medal ceremony yesterday. Wells spoke with queen Silvia also about Victoria´s baby, and the queen said that "It is just a matter of days now ... "
Kungaparet delade ut medaljer – men snart kommer barnbarnet… | Svensk Damtidning
Google translation

Karolinska University Hospital has disabled parking spaces outside the hospital's orthopedic clinic for the busses from the TV should have somewhere to stand on when the royal baby will be born at the hospital.
Klas Östman is press officer at the hospital and he confirms that the p-sites are involved in anticipation of the royal birth:
- We have not received notice of the court of the birth will happen here, but we are preparing for it will be so.
He stated that the hospital has had contact with the court, but the hospital has not been told about if the birth will happen at the hospital.
- We are taking the steps we can because if, I repeat if, it becomes so.
P-platser stängs av i väntan på kungababy | Inrikes | SvD
Google translation
Old 02-17-2012, 11:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esmerelda View Post
Or they might just be super-organised.
I doubt they are redirecting traffic and parking to far ahead of her arrival.
Old 02-17-2012, 11:18 AM
Majesty

the hospital says thery do not know if they will have the baby at Karolinska but they want to be prepered

but i hope we will have a baby watch very soon
Old 02-17-2012, 11:32 AM
Heir Presumptive

This seems like a case of just being super prepared so that nothing slips through the cracks. I'm excited for Victoria and Daniel to become new parents!
Old 02-17-2012, 11:53 AM
Courtier

The hospital does not know whether the birth will happen there? Can't really believe that, I mean usually parents choose the place where they get their child weeks, if not months ahead, visit the delivery rooms etc.
Old 02-17-2012, 12:03 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sancia View Post
Desiree would be a perfect name for a little girl. But I have lot of doubts about Ulrika/Ulrica, it sounds too ... heavy, like a caricatural germanic name for non-germanic-languages-speakers.
yes it is heavy, Desiree is more light and its still more favourite. but Ulrika is somewhat diferent and the swedes had once a Queen Ulrika Eleonora, so why not a future queen to honor her? Ulrika Victoria would be nice^^
another name that comes to my mind is Alice, its a cute name!!!

its almost time for Victoria and Daniel to have their child!!!! Q Silvia even said its a matter of days now, no wonder with the huge belly Victoria has now.
Old 02-17-2012, 12:09 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
yes it is heavy, Desiree is more light and its still more favourite. but Ulrika is somewhat diferent and the swedes had once a Queen Ulrika Eleonora, so why not a future queen to honor her? Ulrika Victoria would be nice^^
another name that comes to me if Alice, its a cute name!!!

its almost time for Victoria and Daniel to have their child!!!! Q Silvia even said its a matter of days now, no wonder with the huge belly Victoria has now.
Now Eleanora is a nice name - in that it brings to mind Eleanor of Aquitaine - a very jazzy lady from the Middle Ages. We need another Queen Eleanor. But I have a personal fondness for Desiree. Queen Desiree - how cool is that!

Ulrike - no.
Old 02-17-2012, 12:31 PM
Courtier

A matter of days, huh? This is getting exciting! Do you think maybe the CP has had Braxton Hicks contractions or something so that her doctors are getting prepared for a birth soon? Or is it just that her due date is approaching? First we heard the baby will be born in March, then the CP couple told us it was end of February or the beginning of March and now Queen Silvia says it could be any day now... I thought CP Victoria would've chosen already whether she gives birth in the hospital or at home by now. Is she going to go with what feels right at the time? I have no doubt that the delivery team can be transferred to the Haga Palace and there's probably some facilities for that too but I would be very surprised if the decision will be made at the last minute.
Old 02-17-2012, 12:48 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinsessan View Post
The hospital does not know whether the birth will happen there? Can't really believe that, I mean usually parents choose the place where they get their child weeks, if not months ahead, visit the delivery rooms etc.
That's exactly what I thought ...
Old 02-17-2012, 01:06 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sancia View Post
Why wouldn't a future queen of Sweden, a country with a Germanic language have a name that sounds Germanic???

Quote:
yes it is heavy, Desiree is more light and its still more favourite. but Ulrika is somewhat diferent and the swedes had once a Queen Ulrika Eleonora, so why not a future queen to honor her?
Désirée is a nice name, but it doesn't sound Swedish at all and if the child is a girl she will one day be queen of Sweden. Ulrika, Christina and Margareta are more Swedish names.
Old 02-17-2012, 01:18 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catharina View Post
Can anyone make a comparison between two recent pictures so we would see?
If I could figure out how to post pictures here I would. But everytime I try it fails. Sorry :(
I became aware of it when I went to this site The Royalty Chronicles | Chronicling the lives and times of European Royalty and saw a picture of her in profile. I could tell that the baby had dropped from that one picture but then I volunteered at a hospital for 3 years and saw hundreds of pregnant women and so I guess I have an eye for that sort of thing.
Old 02-17-2012, 01:39 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinsessan
But they said that they are in contact with the royal court so i'm sure that they have been told to prepare if Victoria wants to give birth at Karolinska. There is also a possibility that she might give birth at home. The King, Prince Carl Philip and Princess Madeleine were all born at home. They have just choosed to do it in an another way than that we see in Denmark where every detail is announced long before the actual birth and media is invited to the hospital.
Old 02-17-2012, 01:59 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinsessan View Post
Yes, you would think that they would have to make a decision months before the due date! Especially when it's a royal baby and there needs to be some special arrangements. I would also think the hospital would need to have a couple of rooms ready just for this purpose, you cannot expect them to just "see if anything's available". If I remember right, in Denmark they have always told where the birth will take place when the pregnancy has been announced.
Old 02-17-2012, 02:01 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellydofc View Post
If I could figure out how to post pictures here I would. But everytime I try it fails. Sorry :(
I became aware of it when I went to this site The Royalty Chronicles | Chronicling the lives and times of European Royalty and saw a picture of her in profile. I could tell that the baby had dropped from that one picture but then I volunteered at a hospital for 3 years and saw hundreds of pregnant women and so I guess I have an eye for that sort of thing.
Well, judging by the Queen's comment on this, the fact that preparations are being made at the hospital and your experience, I'd say the baby might arrive soon!

Tags
crown princess victoria, pregnancy, pregnant, prince daniel