The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 12:12 PM
Aristocracy

If Carl Philip was already the Crown Prince even though the law had changed you would think it would not affect him but his children. I doubt the decision had been made then with the decision made about the first born being the monarch they made Victoria the Crown Princess.

Old 12-29-2011, 12:41 PM
Nobility

Bine is right the prince Carl Philip was the crown prince when he was born

Léonard de Vinci
Old 12-30-2011, 02:56 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeOfAster View Post
If Carl Philip was already the Crown Prince even though the law had changed you would think it would not affect him but his children. I doubt the decision had been made then with the decision made about the first born being the monarch they made Victoria the Crown Princess.
I know, what you mean.
It would have been completely unfair, if CP would have been -- let´s say -- 25 years old, and the government may have done the decision against him.
But: at the time of his birth the legislative papers were already in working process (without knowing the second childs sex of pregnant Queen Silvia), so that the interim time of a few months surely were acceptable.
BYe Bine
Old 12-30-2011, 05:03 AM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria and Daniel about having a baby at the program "Året med kungafamiljen - The year with the Royal Family"
"Daniel och jag är genomlyckliga" | Starlounge
Old 01-10-2012, 03:30 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

"Svenskdam" Få nyheten om att Victoria blivit mamma

Google Traduttore
Old 01-11-2012, 01:25 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Princess Victoria, though pregnant, is behind a jersey size baby
La princesse Victoria, bien enceinte, se cache derrière un maillot taille bébé

Google Google Translate
Old 01-14-2012, 03:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria´s former piano teacher, Ingemar Thorell, has composed a lullaby for the baby, Daniel Hemberg and made the text, Sofia Geidvik sings. Thorell composed also the wedding march to Victoria´s and Daniel´s wedding. The money from the lullaby will be donated to the Crown princess Victoria´s Fund.
Här är vaggvisan till kronprinsessbarnet - Nyheter - Senaste nytt | Expressen
Google translation
Old 01-14-2012, 06:38 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Victoria´s former piano teacher, Ingemar Thorell, has composed a lullaby for the baby, Daniel Hemberg and made the text, Sofia Geidvik sings. Thorell composed also the wedding march to Victoria´s and Daniel´s wedding. The money from the lullaby will be donated to the Crown princess Victoria´s Fund.
Här är vaggvisan till kronprinsessbarnet - Nyheter - Senaste nytt | Expressen
Google translation
How sweet . He didn´t write THE wedding march that was used at the wedding but wrote a wedding march as a gift, don´t know if it was performed at one point.
Old 01-14-2012, 11:44 PM
Commoner

If I'm not mistaken, the wedding march by Thorell was performed during the Government Reception at the Stockholm City Hall on the 18th June.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:34 AM
Heir Presumptive

Very interesting: The tradition after the birth of the child.

Tradition och praxis vid kunglig födsel - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:28 PM
Royal Highness

interesting article, i read it on google tradutor, but i didnt understand it fully because google is not that accurate.
can someone here translate it?
Old 02-02-2012, 02:58 PM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria von Schweden: Ihr Baby kommt im März! - BUNTE
Old 02-02-2012, 05:26 PM
Royal Highness

the baby might be born also on February 29th, that would be so diferent but poor child, can only celebrate the real birthday from 4 and 4 years
Old 02-02-2012, 07:01 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathia_sophia View Post
interesting article, i read it on google tradutor, but i didnt understand it fully because google is not that accurate.
can someone here translate it?
I gave it a try - but i´m no expert in english:

When a royal birth occours the marshal of the realm notify the leaders of the country about the birth, and after that there will be an announcement at the courts web page and on facebook.

The day after there is a "witness confirmation" (on the following monday if the birth occours on the weekend), the speaker of the parliment, prime-minister, marshal of the realm and the mistress of the robes (?) (a.k.a. Alice trolle-wachmeister) is the witnesses. The witness confirmation is a document with signs and seals of the names above.

The king calls for a meeting (konselj) with the goverment where he informs about: title, name, spoken name, and duchy. The meeting occours the day after the birth (if the birth occours on the weekend it´s held the following monday).

A salute will be fired (2 x 21 shots for the heir to the throne) in Stockholm, Boden, Härnösand, Karlskrona and Gothenburg.

A te-deum service will be held in the palace church the day after the birth (if on the weekend on the monday). The invited are: the family, representatives of the parliment, goverment and other from "official Sweden" and staff from the court. Invites to the te-deum was sent out on february 1 & 2 2012.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:13 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathia_sophia
the baby might be born also on February 29th, that would be so diferent but poor child, can only celebrate the real birthday from 4 and 4 years
My mother was born on a leap year and is finally turning Sweet 16 this month, at the age of 64! ; )
Old 02-03-2012, 09:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

Are the Swedish Royal Family like the Danish, where we will have to wait until the baby is christened before we know his/her name?
Old 02-03-2012, 09:28 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

Nope. We shall know the Swedish bub's name either the day after it is born, or if it is born on a Saturday, the following Monday.
Old 02-03-2012, 11:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
Are the Swedish Royal Family like the Danish, where we will have to wait until the baby is christened before we know his/her name?
Please read the prior posts. rop81 was kind to translate the words from the royal court about the process when the new baby is born.
Old 02-03-2012, 11:34 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rop81 View Post
I gave it a try - but i´m no expert in english:

A te-deum service will be held in the palace church the day after the birth (if on the weekend on the monday). The invited are: the family, representatives of the parliment, goverment and other from "official Sweden" and staff from the court. Invites to the te-deum was sent out on february 1 & 2 2012.
thank you so much! i understood some things i didnt with the translator. about the Te Deum, it was mentioned on the official site that the invitations are usually sent 1 month earlier of the actual birth, as they were sent Feb 1 & 2, maybe the actual birth date is in March 1 or 2 or even 3 (depending how long the invitations arrive). well of course, this is just my thought!
Old 02-03-2012, 11:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

So glad we will know the new baby's name relatively quickly!

Tags
crown princess victoria, pregnancy, pregnant, prince daniel