Crown Princess Victoria & Prince Daniel Expect First Child in March 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A helicopter landed on Monday at Haga Palace. But the helicopter landing has nothing to do with the birth of Victoria´s baby.
- It has nothing to do with any births and the like, says Bertil Ternert, the informationsched of the court.
The court confirms the helicopter´s landing, but claims that it is not associated with the likely imminent birth of Crown Princess and Prince Daniel's child.
Bertil Ternert would not say why the helicopter landed at Haga Palace, but it should not be due to illness in the royal family.
Helikopter landade på Haga slott | Nyheter | Expressen
Google translation

And now:
The court denies the helicopter landing
The data on a helicopter landing at Haga Palace was denied on Monday afternoon by a representative of the court.
- No, a helicopter has not landed at Haga Palace, or in the immediate vicinity of the Haga Palace today, says Ulrika Näsholm, information officer at the royal court.
At 17-time denied, however, Ulrika Näsholm, that any helicopter landing took place.
- We have investigated it, we've asked them, and it has not done so, she says.
We understood that it was confirmed?
- It was very luckless, says Näsholm.
Hovet dementerar helikopterlandning | Nyheter | Expressen
Google translation

http://translate.google.fi/translat.../nyheter/hovet-dementerar-helikopterlandning/

Last edited:
Well, that's certainly interesting... Perhaps a helicopter did land and was later denied because it really had nothing to do with the birth but more with some kind of security training and/or security arrangements etc. which would not be public information. Or maybe they were checking how easy it would be to land a helicopter on the premises if the roads are blocked for some reason and someone would have to be moved from the palace with a helicopter (again, not necessarily anything to do with the birth or anyone's health at the moment).

Would the Swedish court please start hiring competent people?! :bang: They're really not being consistent with their press releases... Maybe the Danish court could give them pointers on how to handle these things properly?

P.S. Any news on Victoria..?

:whistling:Catharina, we gave up on competent people in the Swedish court a loooong time ago. :lol:

Last edited:
Even queen Slivia was quoted as saying, "any day now"!

A helicopter landed on Monday at Haga Palace. But the helicopter landing has nothing to do with the birth of Victoria´s baby.
- It has nothing to do with any births and the like, says Bertil Ternert, the informationsched of the court.
The court confirms the helicopter´s landing, but claims that it is not associated with the likely imminent birth of Crown Princess and Prince Daniel's child.
Bertil Ternert would not say why the helicopter landed at Haga Palace, but it should not be due to illness in the royal family.
Helikopter landade på Haga slott | Nyheter | Expressen
Google translation

And now:
The court denies the helicopter landing
The data on a helicopter landing at Haga Palace was denied on Monday afternoon by a representative of the court.
- No, a helicopter has not landed at Haga Palace, or in the immediate vicinity of the Haga Palace today, says Ulrika Näsholm, information officer at the royal court.
At 17-time denied, however, Ulrika Näsholm, that any helicopter landing took place.
- We have investigated it, we've asked them, and it has not done so, she says.
We understood that it was confirmed?
- It was very luckless, says Näsholm.
Hovet dementerar helikopterlandning | Nyheter | Expressen
Google translation
A case of incompetent journalist, not the royal court. Bertil Tenert only confirmed that no royal had been picked up by a helicopter. He did not confirm that a helicopter had landed. He was probably taken by surprise as nothing was going on and suddenly being asked about a helicopter landing at Haga.

The information regarding the helicopter was per the newpaper from "a source".

The court later confirmed that there was indeed no helicopter.

Perhaps Expressen should have followed up with their "source" and found out exactly they had seen (if anything).

The soon-to-be-ex-president of Finland will be visiting tomorrow. I wonder if the Crown Princess will be there (no mention of Prince Daniel anywhere on the calendar and CP Victoria is only mentioned on the Swedish version). It would be a little too exciting if she went into labor in the middle of the dinner... :eek:

The soon-to-be-ex-president of Finland will be visiting tomorrow. I wonder if the Crown Princess will be there (no mention of Prince Daniel anywhere on the calendar and CP Victoria is only mentioned on the Swedish version). It would be a little too exciting if she went into labor in the middle of the dinner... :eek:

The photopool of the royal family with president Halonen and doctor Arajärvi is at 12.45 swedish time.
I just hope that the swedish court would hire a more competent informationschef. Every time he says something, there comes trouble or someone misunderstoods what he was saying. He could just have said: "There has not landed any helicopter at Haga", so everyone could have understood it.

Last edited:
Catharina said:

Is the Finnish President's husband a medical doctor? Maybe that's why they decided it was safe to go ahead-lol.

According to the gossipforum of Flashback there were a helicopter that landed at Haga. Unwerified

According to Flashback and Twitter the crownprincess have checked into Karolinska for a c-sektion tomorrow Unwerified

What is werified? Well, Victoria is pregnant in the final stages.

Considering the fuss today, is there already a mediasiege of Haga and karolinska? If she goes into labor while having dinner with the president the media will get wind of that fast since they will camp outside the door:whistling:

According to the gossipforum of Flashback there were a helicopter that landed at Haga. Unwerified

According to Flashback and Twitter the crownprincess have checked into Karolinska for a c-sektion tomorrow Unwerified

What is werified? Well, Victoria is pregnant in the final stages.

Considering the fuss today, is there already a mediasiege of Haga and karolinska? If she goes into labor while having dinner with the president the media will get wind of that fast since they will camp outside the door:whistling:

LadyFinn posted that the helicopter landing was nothing to do with Victoria, then the landing was denied completely. See post #361.

I'm assuming "werified" means, verified.

LadyFinn said:
The photopool of the royal family with president Halonen and doctor Arajärvi is at 12.45 swedish time.
I just hope that the swedish court would hire a more competent informationschef. Every time he says something, there comes trouble or someone misunderstoods what he was saying. He could just have said: "There has not landed any helicopter at Haga", so everyone could have understood it.

He has indeed made som "questionable" comments in his current capacity. But i think we should give him time. Bertil Ternert is still quite new in the position as Information Chief. He worked earlier as Information Chief for the commander in Chief and at Scandinavian Airlines. And most of the staff at the information department is quite new as well. Only Annika Sönnerborg has been there for many years. Many from the "good old guard" like Elisabeth Tarras Wahlberg, Morgan Gerle, Cathrine Broms, Ann-Christine Jernberg etc has left the court.

Let's be reasonable. Tenert would be informed if something had been going on with any of the royal family but not necessarily if for any reason a helicopter had landed around Haga. Haga is also a very lovely park with access for anyone. So if someone (other than the royal family) would for some reason need helicopter transport the aircraft could have landed at Haga without being in the vicinity of the royal couples residence.

He has indeed made som "questionable" comments in his current capacity. But i think we should give him time. Bertil Ternert is still quite new in the position as Information Chief. He worked earlier as Information Chief for the commander in Chief and at Scandinavian Airlines. And most of the staff at the information department is quite new as well. Only Annika Sönnerborg has been there for many years. Many from the "good old guard" like Elisabeth Tarras Wahlberg, Morgan Gerle, Cathrine Broms, Ann-Christine Jernberg etc has left the court.
Sorry, I don't agree. He's there for over a year already and should be able to handle situations like this.

Finnish TV- and newschannel MTV3 reached Expressen´s royal reporter Johan T. Lindwall just a a few hours before Princess Victoria will have her the last representation task before her maternity leave.
- The fact that Victoria meets just Tarja Halonen as the last official task before her maternity leave tells about the respect the crown princess has for Finland, says Lindwall.
Lindwall says that the meeting is, above all, very symbolic and says a lot about the relationships between Finland and Sweden.
- Finland has been very close to Victoria´s heart for a long time. Many would think that Norway or Denmark would be the closest to the crown princess, but it isn´t so, however, for some reason. Victoria and her husband Daniel made ​​their first joint visit just to Finland, Lindwall says.
Lindwall also makes a surprising revelation of the relationship between Victoria and President Halonen.
- There isn´t any special relationship between Victoria and president Halonen, but instead of that Victoria's connection with Finland is very strong and highly symbolic, says Lindwall.
Victoria, King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia meet President Halonen at the Royal Palace at 13 CET. According to Lindwall, they are served a three-course lunch.
- I suspect that the main course is fish. The red and white wine are served also. After lunch the Royal Family and Halonen will move to the salon for coffee, thinks Lindwall.
Hovitoimittaja paljastaa: Suomi on lähellä Victorian sydäntä - MTV3.fi - Viihde - Uutiset

If I was a female royal about to give birth, I would give birth AT HOME in order to get away from all the fuzz that the media is creating weeks before the birth.

First the pregnacy watch and then the birth watch, all this pressure must be a nightmare for those involved.

If I was a female royal about to give birth, I would give birth AT HOME in order to get away from all the fuzz that the media is creating weeks before the birth.

First the pregnacy watch and then the birth watch, all this pressure must be a nightmare for those involved.

I think what counts at the end - royal or non-royal- is the savety of the mother and the child, though I totally agree with you that giving birth at home would mean definitely a more relaxed atmosphere for the royals. Being in the hospital and knowing that doctors, nurses and equipment is at hand would make me feel more safe than being at home. Nowadays I think royal families manage a birth very well with the needed privacy in the hospital and also keeping up to the demands of the public who wants to have a first glance on the newborn baby as soon as possible. And please keep in mind that after all, a royal birth is a public affair.

Last edited:
i think we have to wait for another week before the birth

Will the baby styled as Heriditary Prince/ss or just as Prince/ss?

principessa said:
Will the baby styled as Heriditary Prince/ss or just as Prince/ss?

According to Wikipedia, King Carl Gustaf was Hereditary Prince from 1946 to 1950 when he became Crown Prince. I'm not sure how accurate that is, though.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_XVI_Gustaf_of_Sweden

Victoria obviously never held the title as she was born after her father became King.

According to Wikipedia, arvfurst is a title that was used by all the princes that was in line for the throne. The title was lost along with the inheritance of those who were married in contravention of the Act of Succession. In 1981 it was changed to Prince of Sweden. And it was also used by Gustaf Adolf who was second-in-line.
I doubt that the little prince/princess will get the title of arvfurste/arvfurstinna, of course I maybe mistaken, but I think it might be a little contradictory when the current tendency is to downsize the royal family. i.e. were Jonas to marry Madeleine, then he would only be a duke and not a prince.

If she is still out and about doing engagements it looks like nothing much will happen until March. As for boy/girl. I believe the couple don't know either??

If she is still out and about doing engagements it looks like nothing much will happen until March. As for boy/girl. I believe the couple don't know either??

Well, Daniel has said two times in an interview, that they haven´t found out, if it is a boy or a girl.

wow! victoria look perfect in the last days of her pregnancy., she really is an example of princess, I think she will work until the same day to the baby born! I cant wait!

Victoria and Daniel will get child allowance from the Social Insurance. Whether they like it or not. "This is not something one chooses but it goes to all parents," says Mats Mattsson, Manager of Insurance to DN.se.
But that's just Daniel who can get full maternity benefits, because the royal apanage - Victoria's "salary" - not counted as income on .
- If you have a job that provides a sickness benefit based income so you get the compensation from it. Victoria has had the appanage, which is not there, and she has a right to a basic level of 180 SEK a day. But then you should not work but take a care for your children, says Mats Mattsson.
Daniel Westling stated in his declaration of 2010 the taxed income of SEK 652 300 and more than 1.5 million in reported surplus of capital, according to Insurance.
This means that he "hit the roof" for the highest sickness benefit income that is 440 000 SEK per year. Daniel can therefore at most get 935 SEK per day in parental allowance. But then he should have had to run his gym to get full parental allowance.
Victoria och Daniel måste ta emot barnbidrag - DN.SE
Google translation

Last edited:
Victoria and Daniel will get child allowance from the Social Insurance. Whether they like it or not. "This is not something one chooses but it goes to all parents," says Mats Mattsson, Manager of Insurance to DN.se.
ta emot barnbidrag - DN.SE
Google translation

Isn´t that funny? I am just imagining, whow they are fighting internally at the Insurance, who is the "lucky guy" to deliver the "child allowance" to CP Victoria and Daniel. :lol:
BYe Bine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom