The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 12:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

Her baby bump is pretty big at 3 months. I was wondering if she's having twins although I doubt that. Victoria and Daniel aren't 'little' so I imagine she's going have a healthy, robust child.

Old 08-31-2011, 12:50 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by olebabs View Post
Who wouldn't. That is the best job ever; you get to spoil the baby rotten, fill it with suger...and then hand it over to the parents...and let them be up all night
That's the attitude my cooperating teacher and I took when I was student teaching this past spring. Our reasoning was that parents send their kids to us when they're tired, not feeling well, upset, and what have you, so we, teachers have the right to feed the kids some candy during a math activity right after their phys. ed. period and pretty close to going home, and then put them on the bus. Now, the parents will be enjoying some of the things we teachers deal with for six-eight hours a day five days a week.

I think for that reason I always enjoy watching other people's children. I can have fun with them and then send them home (though I'm mindful of what the parents do not want me to do with their kids, it's only courteous).

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 08-31-2011, 01:13 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
Her baby bump is pretty big at 3 months. I was wondering if she's having twins although I doubt that. Victoria and Daniel aren't 'little' so I imagine she's going have a healthy, robust child.
i was wondering the same!
my mom's baby bump only became visible at 5 months. well pregnancies are not always the same, and many women has diferent baby bumps. but she only has 3 months and its huge for that time.
maybe they only said march just to avoid paparazzi craziness on due time, and maybe the baby will be born end january/february.
if she is really 3 months, then the baby will be a huge one, cant imagine her at 9 months
Old 08-31-2011, 02:31 PM
Courtier

I think they simply did something the royal houses did too, said a later due date to avoid photographers lining in front of either Haga Palace or hospital around the due date, it would have been a smart idea if it hadn't been used several times before. Judging from the pics from yesterday, the only time when her baby bump was visible, she is further away. There's IMO no way that she's just 3 months along and if she would expect twins it would have been announced. This baby will come already in February. :)
Old 08-31-2011, 03:01 PM
Royal Highness

if it were twins they would announce it of course.
this baby will be born for sure in late January/February, even Mary, who was pregnant with twins didnt have this baby bump around this time (late august) and the babies were born in the begining of January.
come to think of it, royal court only announces a pregnancy after the first months passed by, because its a dangerous time for miscarriges, so im sure she is further away.
Old 09-01-2011, 03:58 PM
Serene Highness

They probably erred on the conservative side. due dates are never 100% accurate and for all we know, March could mean '1st March at the latest'.
Old 09-01-2011, 06:00 PM
Courtier

Sorry it's a couple of weeks late but I'd like to send my congratulations to Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel. I saw this wonderful news on Facebook two weeks ago. I hope they will have a boy. They will be a wonderful parents!
Old 09-01-2011, 07:13 PM
Serene Highness

Well, there are women who "grow the bump" in the first three months and then just add a little to that bump in the latest of the pregnancy :)
Old 09-01-2011, 08:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

If Victoria was 12 weeks on the day of the announcement, then March 1st would be her due date. I can't imagne them announcing her pregnancy at her age too, before 12 weeks, because of miscarriage, etc.
Depending on height, hips, and overall weight gain, women can show early, even with the first. I always assumed she and Daniel were on the short side. How tall is Victoria?
Old 09-01-2011, 11:50 PM

How fantastic! CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Old 09-02-2011, 10:40 AM
Gentry

wonderful news and congratulations to victoria and daniel :)
Old 09-02-2011, 11:57 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
... How tall is Victoria?
About 170cm I think (seen numbers from 168 to 172). [5'7" to 5'9" for the ones of you not on the Metric system].
Old 09-02-2011, 09:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by janb View Post
About 170cm I think (seen numbers from 168 to 172). [5'7" to 5'9" for the ones of you not on the Metric system].
Thanks, 5'7" is above average.
Old 09-03-2011, 03:15 AM
Nobility

The bettingcompanies have the odds for boy/girl and name. I find it amusing that Unibet have the name Ulrika for a girl at 100-1 considering the fact that we have had atleast 2 queens with that name. Silvia is 25-1. 500-1 if the boy is named Zlatan.
Old 09-07-2011, 10:05 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel have thanked all well-wishers with an official thank-you card
the official website has released today:

** kungahuset.se: Kronprinsessparet tackar för gratulationer ** translation **

The google translation is not quite correct (as usual), stating it was a message from the Crown Princess
only instead of the Crown Princess Couple and of course it should read "We appreciate your support and
we are moved that so many share our joy".
Old 09-08-2011, 01:59 PM
Imperial Majesty

Kärare än någonsin! - Tidningen S
Translation
Old 09-09-2011, 06:24 PM
Courtier

Hope she and Daniel and the baby are all doing great-figure it'll be supercute!
Old 09-11-2011, 12:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

Considering the longevity of the Bernadotte males it is conceivable we will in the future again have four generations alive.
Old 09-11-2011, 01:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

Johan T Lindwall told to finnish "Iltalehti", that he believes that Victoria and Daniel already know which one their future child is, a boy or a girl.
- It´s in Victoria´s character, that she wants to have control in every matter. I believe that she has found out the gender of the child.
The court expert says that generally speaking there is no royal protocol or a particular tradition of founding out the gender of a royal child. Some want to find out, some want to have the gender as a happy surprise.
- This issue depends on so many couple's desires and preferences. But I believe that Victoria is a person who would not leave the matter unresolved.
Lindwall said that if the gender is known, it has been kept very secret, because the issue has not been leaked to Swedish newspapers.
- There can come either - or even both. It would be a very interesting story, if there should come twins, Lindwall laughs.
Hoviasiantuntija IL:lle: Victoria tietää vauvan sukupuolen | Viihde | Iltalehti.fi
Old 09-12-2011, 11:25 AM
Commoner

This is just what I predicted....that she would wait until she and Daniel had been married a year before trying to get pregnant. The timing almost makes one wonder if this baby was conceived on the first anniversary of their marriage.

Tags
crown princess victoria, pregnancy, pregnant, prince daniel