The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 03:46 AM
Nobility

Yaaaay for Victoria, I'm so thrilled for her.

I don't really care about the gender of her baby. As long as is well and arrives safely, all it's good. :))

Yeeeahaaaa again!

Old 08-21-2011, 04:19 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte_Aster View Post
Amniocentesis is actually recommended for pregnancies if the mother is older than 30 years old.
In Sweden the age limit is 35 years. There are today non-invasive tests to see if the foetus have Down's syndrome, for example Nuchal translucency screening with a blood test, that can be done earlier than aminocentesis, already at week 12-14, so it's possible that the test have already been done and was ok.

Old 08-21-2011, 04:35 AM
Nobility

The amnio test is only recommended for the over 35s as its results are limited. There are genetic syndromes that are not picked up by amnios at any age.

Can we rejoice in Victoria's pregnancy without going into this selective negative thinking?
Old 08-21-2011, 10:53 AM
Royal Highness

girl or boy, i hope its healthy, thats what matters! Despise wanting this first child to be a girl, i kinda "smell" in the end it will be a boy, but ill be happy anyway, since i love boys too and i want another boy heir besides christian.

now, i want to enjoy Victoria's baby bump. it will be fun and exciting to see her bump grow with time^^
Old 08-21-2011, 11:12 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alondra View Post
The amnio test is only recommended for the over 35s as its results are limited. There are genetic syndromes that are not picked up by amnios at any age.

Can we rejoice in Victoria's pregnancy without going into this selective negative thinking?
i started the amniocentesis discussion only to say that she may know the sex already!
Old 08-21-2011, 02:31 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by wok_kym View Post
i started the amniocentesis discussion only to say that she may know the sex already!
You don't have to do an amniocentesis to know the sex of the child, a simple blood test can tell the sex of the child as early as from week 7 in a pregnancy.
Old 08-21-2011, 04:32 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meraude View Post
You don't have to do an amniocentesis to know the sex of the child, a simple blood test can tell the sex of the child as early as from week 7 in a pregnancy.
i meant to say that we were thinking about her already knowing the sex already and nothing related to problems with the child. Of course there are other way...as i said in my post there are different tests that show the sex, i was marely saying she may know already
Old 08-24-2011, 02:21 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meraude View Post
Whilst true, many doctors forbid the blood test, unless there is a considerable chance that there is a genetic disorder.
Old 08-24-2011, 04:36 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincessJava View Post
Whilst true, many doctors forbid the blood test, unless there is a considerable chance that there is a genetic disorder.
We're way off topic, but I find it rather disturbing that any doctor would forbid a blood test, which is the easiest and least invasive way to indicate whether there is something wrong with the baby. And on the other hand amniocentesis which can cause for example an early labor is compulsory in many countries from certain age of the mother.
Old 08-24-2011, 04:51 AM
Aristocracy

let's hope everything goes well and the baby is healthy! for now it seems everything is ok as she radiantly happy!
Old 08-24-2011, 08:34 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iva View Post
We're way off topic, but I find it rather disturbing that any doctor would forbid a blood test, which is the easiest and least invasive way to indicate whether there is something wrong with the baby. And on the other hand amniocentesis which can cause for example an early labor is compulsory in many countries from certain age of the mother.
I was talking about a blood test that can determine the sex of a child. I know in Australia, China, India, US, UK and many other countries, it is illegal to determine, via a blood test, the sex of a child, unless there is some genetic disorder pertaining to a particular sex. In many countries, it to reduce couples aborting female fetuses.

But as many have said, I want CP Victoria and Prince Daniel to have many healthy and happy children They will be awesome parents!
Old 08-25-2011, 12:25 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincessJava View Post
I was talking about a blood test that can determine the sex of a child. I know in Australia, China, India, US, UK and many other countries, it is illegal to determine, via a blood test, the sex of a child, unless there is some genetic disorder pertaining to a particular sex. In many countries, it to reduce couples aborting female fetuses.
Which can be seen as a hypocrisy of those countries as the test is easily available to order online and do the test at home for those who want to know the sex and then have an abortion without giving a reason why.
Old 08-25-2011, 03:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

Svenskdamtidning is reporting that Princess Madeleine looks forward being an aunt!

http://translate.googleusercontent.c...PjGS8pXq5EBYAQ
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 08-26-2011, 03:46 PM
Gentry

Congratulations to CP Victoria & P Daniel. Such wonderful news, and I couldn't be happier
Old 08-26-2011, 03:51 PM
Nobility

Who wouldn't. That is the best job ever; you get to spoil the baby rotten, fill it with suger...and then hand it over to the parents...and let them be up all night

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
Svenskdamtidning is reporting that Princess Madeleine looks forward being an aunt!

Google Translate
Old 08-26-2011, 04:41 PM
Royal Highness

wow after i saw Victoria so tender with Ingrid Alexandra in Norway (10th anniversary of Haakon &MM), i could see that image with their future children in the upcoming future. oh god cant wait for this little baby to be born and be on their parents protective arms^^
Old 08-26-2011, 06:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Victoria is such a wonderful example for all the other crown princely couples with daughters who will inherit the throne one day. Haakon and MM are already close friends with Victoria and I speculate that they are making sure Ingrid sees the dignified, appropriate and most importantly, humble way Victoria goes about her business as heiress apparent. What a fine role model for all the future queens who are all in unique positions.
Old 08-28-2011, 02:39 PM
Commoner

Congratulations to the royal couple!!!
You are so young, my son, and, as the years go by, time will change and even reverse many of your present opinions. Refrain therefore awhile from setting yourself up as judge of the highest matters. Plato
Old 08-28-2011, 09:46 PM
Aristocracy

Congratulation!
Old 08-30-2011, 11:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Seeing numerous photos of CP Victoria one has to wonder if the baby will not be born prior March 2012. Even if the baby is due on the first day of March she could not be more than just starting her 4th month of pregnancy. The baby bump she is showing is quite noticeable for someone who is pregnant for the first time and also in such a great physical shape as she is. My guesss is that the baby will definitively come earlier and/or she is carrying more than one.

Tags
crown princess victoria, pregnancy, pregnant, prince daniel