Crown Princess Victoria & Prince Daniel, Current Events Part 1: June 2010 - Jan 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Victoria and Daniel visited the headquarters of "Rädda Barnen" = "Save the Children" today in Stockholm.
Kronprinsessparet besökte Rädda Barnen - Sveriges Kungahus

From the website of "Rädda Barnen"
- I was impressed by how much the Crown Princess already knew about both of our core issues and of how we conduct our practical work, says Elisabeth Dahlin, Save the Children's Secretary General, who along with Inger Ashing, Save the Children President hosted the visit.
- Crown Princess knew, for example, already much of the Infant House (Barnhus) question and told me she also previously visited the Infant House in Iceland. Her commitment is deep and true, says Inger Ashing. It is also clear that Prince Daniel has a special involvement in health issues, says Inger Ashing.
Rädda Barnen - Kungligt besök på Rädda Barnen

Last edited:
Victoria and Daniel visited the headquarters of "Rädda Barnen" = "Save the Children" today in Stockholm.
Kronprinsessparet besökte Rädda Barnen - Sveriges Kungahus

From the website of "Rädda Barnen"
- I was impressed by how much the Crown Princess already knew about both of our core issues and of how we conduct our practical work, says Elisabeth Dahlin, Save the Children's Secretary General, who along with Inger Ashing, Save the Children President hosted the visit.
- Crown Princess knew, for example, already much of the Infant House (Barnhus) question and told me she also previously visited the Infant House in Iceland. Her commitment is deep and true, says Inger Ashing. It is also clear that Prince Daniel has a special involvement in health issues, says Inger Ashing.
Rädda Barnen - Kungligt besök på Rädda Barnen

thank you!
i am not surprised, but i am always impressed to see how much she cares!

Victoria and Daniel talked briefly to the press when they were leaving the Save the children office. They arrived to the office at ten o´clock and stayed over two hours. They were both in a radiant mood. Victoria said that having a new member to their family soon is very exciting and Daniel agreed. Victoria thought that it was funny that there were a huge amount of reporters and photographers while she visited the Astrid Lindgren hospital on Thursday.
Victoria told also that she was taken by Friday's visit to the Save the Children.
- We have received an orientation to their work in Sweden and internationally. It is an organization that makes an important and long-term project, said Victoria.
- Yes, their work is really important and needed, said Daniel.
Sista bilden på Victorias gravida mage? | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

Last edited:
I have to admit I had expected the baby to be born by now. CP Victoria certainly has looked ready for some time.

grevinnan said:
I have to admit I had expected the baby to be born by now. CP Victoria certainly has looked ready for some time.

I didn't think she was due until March. I could see the baby being born in late Feb. but if it's born in January the palace really missed the mark in due dates. I understand they usually give. General time line that is perhaps later than the actual date but two months would seem extreme IMO.

:previous:

Maybe she has an early March due date and we will see the little one (if it's 1 or 2 weeks early which is perfectly normal, because the due date is really just a good guess) already in mid to end Febuary. Because you're right. Victoria looks very far along already.

How soon after the baby is born do they announce the name? Is it immediate? Or do the Swedes wait a certain amount of time?

I'm not sure because the last royal birth in Sweden was almost 30 years ago (Madeleine), but I think it will be something between a few hours and a few days. It's the same like in Norway, Spain, Netherlands, etc. Definitely not like they do it in Denmark.

I remember youtube videos where the spokesperson officially announced the names of Victoria, Carl Philip and Madeleine. But I don't remember how long after the births the announcement was made.

Edit: I found the videos. They weren't on youtube but on SVT:

Carl Philip:
http://svtplay.se/v/1371406/oppet_arkiv/prins_carl_philip_fodelse?sb,k103034,2,f,103041

Madeleine:
http://svtplay.se/v/1371409/oppet_a...,f,103041/pl,v,,1371406/sb,k103034,2,f,103041

Both videos are dated one day after the birth. So unless they do something different with a future regent (I can't find a video of Victorias name announcement to make a secure statement) we'll have the name of Victorias and Daniels baby on the day after the birth if not in the day itself.

Last edited:

Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel made a visit to the Centre for Business and
Policy Studies in Stockholm today, February 9, 2012.

So pregnant and so lovely :flowers:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

More pics can also be found here:

** kungahuset.se: Kronprinsessparet besökte SNS ** translation **

** lehtikuva.fi gallery **

** svenskdam.se: Vår reporter talade med kronprinsessan Victoria om babylyckan ** translation **

** hola: Victoria de Suecia agota las últimas semanas de su dulce espera trabajando ** translation **

Last edited:
Victoria and Daniel visited Skandia's head office in Stockholmon Friday. They heard about the insurance company's involvement in Childhood Foundation and World Child and Youth Forum.
Victoria och Daniel besökte Skandia under fredagen | Svensk Damtidning
The article also mentioned that they have many engagements that are not on the official royal website. CP Victoria and P Daniel's work ethic is just like most peoples. Pregnancy is not a reason to sit back and relax. I doubt P Daniel's schedule will be lighter when he becomes a father. Like most dads, you keep working.

Boy she really does look ready to have this baby which by the way I think is a boy. I have to say that she does look very pretty though. She has gone through this pregnancy very well and Im really happy for her. She will make a great mommy. :)

Great to see her back again. Was she actually officially on maternity leave at all? She looks fantastic by the way.

Princess Victoria Looks Nice , Princess Madeline Her Face & Hair Looks amazing Like her Very , Thanx For Posting ALL

Princess Victoria looks great. Happy to see her again. Hope she enjoys the rest of her maternity leave.

The last oficial photos are really wonderful !!!! Thanks for posting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom