Crown Princess Victoria & Daniel Westling: Relationship Discussion (2002-2007)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
mixer2002de said:
:eek: :cool: :confused: I did never expect that they do private blue movies or somthing like that. Therefore royals are just to conservative I think!

Btw I am missing Dennisms comments!

Yes, Dennis makes himself scarce :confused:

Dennism is around. He is just holding his tongue. I would hope a blue movie of any royal would not appear. It would not be good for the survival of the monarchy in any country.

Wow, it's so interesting how one thread can go so off topic so quickly. :D I sincerely hope there will never be any "videos" circulating around. It would be such a disgrace and embarrassment to the family.

I don't know if we can really judge whether Victoria and Daniel are a 'serious' or 'boring' couple, or not. Every couple is different, and everyone wants different things. There are some couples who are constantly laughing and joking around and they are content with that set-up. On the other hand, there are very serious couples who don't 'joke around' as much, but they too are content with the situation and their partners. To one person, being too serious is boring, while being not as serious isn't that appealing to another. It's all relative.

Danielle said:
Wow, it's so interesting how one thread can go so off topic so quickly. :D I sincerely hope there will never be any "videos" circulating around. It would be such a disgrace and embarrassment to the family.

I don't know if we can really judge whether Victoria and Daniel are a 'serious' or 'boring' couple, or not. Every couple is different, and everyone wants different things. There are some couples who are constantly laughing and joking around and they are content with that set-up. On the other hand, there are very serious couples who don't 'joke around' as much, but they too are content with the situation and their partners. To one person, being too serious is boring, while being not as serious isn't that appealing to another. It's all relative.

Very true, Danielle. And thanks god, everyone has the choice. I was just curious. Victoria seems to be a person with a great sense of humour...and so I wondered, how Daniel is. But I guess we will see one day.

I´ve found an article about the king and queen visiting a plant in Älvkarleby. The reporter has asked (among other things), if they have ever been in Ockelbo. And the king said no...and it seems they also haven´t planned a trip to it. The queen added "but they have a very nice park there".
I wonder, how one can know, that the park is nice, when one hasn´t been there? And why has little Ockelbo a park? And isn´t it high time for a little "come together" of the Westlings and the Bernadottes? Isn´t a meeting of families normal, when two twens date so long?

http://www.arbetarbladet.se/local_article.php?id=308931&avdelning_2=106#

And isn´t it high time for a little "come together" of the Westlings and the Bernadottes? Isn´t a meeting of families normal, when two twens date so long?
I think they have met. But in Stockholm, possible at Drottningholm?
But yes, it would be nice with a real family get together this summer. Either in Ockelbo or perhaps they could invite the Westlings to Sofiero in June :D

mixer2002de said:
Everybody betting on the engagement or why else is there so much silence in here?
I am. *rubs hands together* I want me a wedding! :) No, honestly, I think there will be one very soon. Who knows, maybe they already are engaged but are just keeping it quiet for a while (but one must not jump to conclusions ;)).

mixer2002de said:
From homless man style to dress men style is quite a development
:D That is so funny.

i think its more and more evident that they will merry
but i still think its strange that he is still in the busniess
but then agaon as soon has he has sold his part the papers will say there will be a engament soon so he may sell after the engagment but before the wedding

What do you think, are they really going to get married? She's not even thirty!

does she have to be thirty? But i think they will be engaged soon, just a feeling. :)

Australian said:
does she have to be thirty? But i think they will be engaged soon, just a feeling. :)

No, she doesn't. But 28 sounds awfully young to get married if you've got such a lot of responsibilities to juggle already. I think having a more casual relationship might mean less pressure than being married and having to make sure that the marriage doesn't fail, otherwise public disappointment (and personall stress) will be so much more pronounced than if a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship doesn't work out. Does this make sense?

Whatever happens, I wish her luck! Victoria's such a responsible, hardworking, likeable person, she does deserve a great private life!

Yes it makes alot of sense Smilla, but on the other hand, it might help her to be married so she has that special kind of support and she will be sharing the responsibilities with her husband so its not all on her. I dont know, thats just me, but like you said I wish her luck too and yes, she does deserve a private life:)

I hope he is the one, but just time will say that. In the mean time, it would be good if they don't hurry up things.

Yennie said:
Couples who hides their love

Crownprincess Victoria and Daniel Westling:
Hiding from the press is a piece-of-cake for the princess and her gym-mogul boyfriend. They are so secret and discreet that they are not even letting their friends know where they are going on vacation.
Dr Daniels diagnosis (reporter Daniel Nyhlen): Victoria has set her goal on having little ones with her hunky Ockelbo dude. whether she will be succesful or not is all depending on one thing: that Daniel wants to...

http://www.aftonbladet.se/
I'm a little confused here; are they actually hiding a piece of cake? Because if they are, that's really sad. It's just made me realised that they're so private. Do they feel that worried about being scrutinised that they must hide it? I don't know. It's really made me feel sorry for Victoria and Daniel. All this time I've been saying mean things and all they want is a bit of privacy. :(

Last edited:
Danielle said:
I'm a little confused here; are they actually hiding a piece of cake? Because if they are, that's really sad. It's just made me realised that they're so private. Do they feel that worried about being scrutinised that they must hide it? I don't know. It's really made me feel sorry for Victoria and Daniel. All this time I've been saying mean things and all they want is a bit of privacy. :(

IMO they have a lot of privacy. Ok, we and the tabloids are speculating a lot, but in fact they are mostly left alone. Of her 8 weeks of summer holidays Victoria had only 1-2 with press coverage. And during the year we see even less of her and Daniel.

Lady Jennifer said:
But meeting in a gym is "normal" isn't it? I know he was her personal trainer, but in a way it seems normal. Just my own opinion of course.

Yes, it´s normal. I guess at least one third of all members here has attended at least once gym classes or has worked out in a gym. I was also member for 2 years (in the second year one of these appreciated members, who pay, but appear hardly ;) )
But in a way I understand here GrandDuchess better. The gym world is such a fancy world, with many changing trends. And the world of monarchies is traditionalism pure. These 2 things colliding don´t go together with my idea of princesses (in pink dresses and with dream princes)
Yes, working out is pretty normal and in our industrialised world we are almost forced to do it, to stay healthy. But in a way I´m not sure, if I want to be reminded every new day, how princesses and princes maintain their look. I don´t want to be confronted with such vain and superficial things. I have that everyday around me (private life or while watching celebs), when I watch Royals, then I want to see some kind of "ideal world" or "Royal specific problems" (so that I can say, thanks god I never have to deal with that)
I hope this makes sense.

mixer2002de said:
So according to Daniel N. Viktoria is pregnant? :eek:
I think what Daniel N. is saying is that Victoria wants to have a child (she isn't pregnant), but whether her and Daniel do have a child is up to him.

Or her if she wants him to trick into :D
What the hell has Daniel N. to do with Viktoria getting pregnant?

mixer2002de said:
Or her if she wants him to trick into :D
What the hell has Daniel N. to do with Viktoria getting pregnant?
Maybe he wants to be the Daniel that Victoria loves. :rolleyes:

A german mag (which has noted it´s own dynamic by saying "In the first moment you maybe think, this is again about a boring rumour..." :D ) has collected indications for an engagement. They are sure, that Daniel and Victoria are going ro marry.

Ind #1 Daniel said in summer "you are going to hear more about me"

Ind #2 The rumour about princess Christina moving out from her villa and giving it to Victoria (who would renovate it)

Ind #3 Victoria wearing the chain with the letters. According to the mag a declaration of love and a sign, that Victoria stands by her man.

Ind #4 The news about the Westlings meeting the Bernadottes.

I hate it to say, but I think this time the mag (who has just copied Swedish news) is right. What a pity, that nordicbet has right now no bet on Daniel and Victoria. Now there would be the right moment to make some money...

Lena said:
A german mag (which has noted it´s own dynamic by saying "In the first moment you maybe think, this is again about a boring rumour..." :D ) has collected indications for an engagement. They are sure, that Daniel and Victoria are going ro marry.

Ind #1 Daniel said in summer "you are going to hear more about me"

Ind #2 The rumour about princess Christina moving out from her villa and giving it to Victoria (who would renovate it)

Ind #3 Victoria wearing the chain with the letters. According to the mag a declaration of love and a sign, that Victoria stands by her man.

Ind #4 The news about the Westlings meeting the Bernadottes.

I hate it to say, but I think this time the mag (who has just copied Swedish news) is right. What a pity, that nordicbet has right now no bet on Daniel and Victoria. Now there would be the right moment to make some money...
Where did he say that? (The bold bit) Hmm, it sounds like a bit of a threat to me. :D Yes, I think the magazines are right (and I hope to goodness that Victoria doesn't design a wedding dress to match 'those' shoes :eek: ).

Danielle said:
Where did he say that? (The bold bit) Hmm, it sounds like a bit of a threat to me. :D Yes, I think the magazines are right (and I hope to goodness that Victoria doesn't design a wedding dress to match 'those' shoes :eek: ).
I think he said that when a reporter from Aftonbladet met him at Ekerum country club a few days after Victorias birthday

Danielle said:

Hehehehe, I thought too, that it sounded like a threat :D Hm, but Danielle...those shoes are white, wouldn´t they fit perfectly to a wedding dress:rolleyes: ;)

Aftonbladet PLUS has an article saying, that the wedding is coming closer-but on Daniel´s conditions.
Who has subscribed PLUS and can copy the article *lookingasniceasIcan* :)

Article from Aftonbladet!
Once the translation is done, I´ll remove parts of the article so it will be "ok" to have it here

The wedding is getting closer, Vickan!
... but its on Daniels conditions

Crownprincess Victoria and Daniel Westling have been together for more than three years. Now there´s signs that an engagement is getting closer.
Daniel Nyhlen tells why they have been waiting for so long.
And that its the boyfriend who decides when the wedding will happend....

The news that Victoria had fallen in love with her personal trainer Daniel Westling dropped like a bomb on may 31st 2002
The magazines sent their reporters to Uppsala where Victoria was on a course. There she surprisingly confirmed that Daniel was her new love.
- I know Daniel and he´s a very nice guy, she said.
Daniel Westlings life changed overnight. Suddenly he was met by reporters outside his hime and paparazzis in the bushes. It didnt went well. Daniel was very much in love with Victoria, but he had troubles adjusting to his new role as the crownprincess´boyfriend. Daniel has never, unlike some other of Victorias boyfriends, wanted to be in the limelight.

Bröllopet närmar sig, Vickan!
…men det sker på Daniels villkor

Kronprinsessan Victoria och Daniel Westling har varit tillsammans i över tre år. Nu tyder allt på att en förlovning närmar sig.
Aftonbladets Daniel Nyhlén berättar varför de har väntat så länge.
Och att det är pojkvännen som bestämmer när bröllopet blir av ...

Nyheten om att Victoria hade blivit förälskad i sin personlige tränare Daniel Westling slog ner som en bomb den 31 maj 2002.
Kvällstidningarna skickade snabbt sina reportrar till Uppsala där Victoria för dagen var på kurs. I den gassande vårsolen bekräftade hon, lite överraskande, att Daniel Westling var hennes nya kärlek.
– Jag känner Daniel och jag tycker han är jättetrevlig, sa hon och strålade nykärt.
För Daniel Westling förändrades livet över en natt. Plötsligt möttes han av nyfikna reporter-team utanför porten och fick snabbt försöka vänja sig vid fotografer som surrade i buskarna.
Det gick allt annat än bra.
Westling var visserligen störtförälskad i Victoria, men rollen som en kronprinsessas pojkvän fick han till en början svårigheter med. Daniel har, till skillnad från så många andra prinsesspojkvänner, aldrig sökt rampljuset.

Enligt bekantskapskretsen är han en slitsam arbetsmyra som långsamt och säkert bygger upp sin lyxgymkedja Master Training. På fritiden pumpar han sina muskler och spelar golf.
– Daniel har alltid hållit en mycket låg profil, både i business och när han har rört sig ute. Att vara ”någon” har aldrig intresserat honom, säger en av vännerna.
Men som blivande make till kronprinsessan måste du vara en ”player” och tycka om att sola dig i rampljuset.
Annars blir livet till slut ohållbart.
Det var exakt det som hände när Victorias ex-pojkvän Daniel Collert lämnade henne.
När Victoria i en intervju berättade att han var hennes pojkvän fick Collert smaka på ett betydligt hårdare mediadrev än tidigare.
Han stod inte ut.
Även om han som son till bankdirektören Göran Collert kom direkt ur societeten, och till skillnad från medelklasskillen Westling var världsvan i de fina salongerna, valde han att göra slut.
Victorias värld gick i kras.
– Collert var tillsammans med Victoria i åtta år. Till slut förstod han vilka uppoffringar det skulle bli om de gifte sig, det var därför han tog sitt beslut, berättar en källa.

Daniel Westling står inför samma val, ett otroligt svårt dilemma, där han inom kort måste välja vilket håll han ska gå.
– Om Daniel gifter sig med Victoria kommer han aldrig kunna leva ett normalt liv igen. Hela hans livssituation förändras och det är klart att han går omkring och grubblar på det, säger vännen.

Spanske prins Felipe hade inga problem att äkta tv-reportern Letizia Ortis och prins Frederiks bröllop med australiensiska Mary fick danskarna att jubla. I Norge stack prins Haakon ut hakan genom att göra Mette-Marit, en enkel flicka av folket, till kronprinsessa.
En man som däremot väljs av en kvinna kan få det svårare med tanke på de traditionella könsrollerna.
Om han dessutom hela tiden tvingas hålla sig i bakgrunden kan det bli ett tänkbart och mycket
väsentligt problem som Daniel får brottas med.
Att Daniel inte är förtjust i uppmärksamhet och media och att han inte är akademiskt skolad är två andra faktorer som också kan sätta krokben i framtiden.

För Victoria själv råder inga tvivel. Kärleken mellan paret är stark och hon är inriktad på att gifta sig med Daniel.
Men samtidigt har hon under årens lopp vetat att Daniel måste få känna sig fram.
– Jag tror att han tampas med en inre konflikt där det inre funderar på för- och nackdelarna med att bli Victorias man. Om han skulle fria till henne tar han ett beslut och blir mer säker på sig själv. Just nu är han otydlig, i alla fall mot allmänheten, och det tror jag inte att han mår bra av för då blir han mer ansatt. Är han tydlig utåt minskar han automatiskt på det yttre och inre trycket han verkar bära på, säger Eva Rusz Malmberg, psykolog och Aftonbladets relationsexpert.

Samtidigt fylls veckotidningarna med färgglada reportage om hur de nordiska kronprinsessorna Mette-Marit och Mary går i väntans tider och snart ska föda arvingar till våra grannländer.
Här hemma i Sverige tyder ändå mycket på att Victoria och Daniel nu sakta men säkert håller på att planera sin förlovning. Paret visar sig allt mer öppet på olika tillställningar.
För ett par veckor sedan var de exempelvis hedersgäster under vännerna Anders Högbergs och Sofia Schörlings bröllop i Nyköping. Där gullade kärleksparet med varandra så vem som helst kunde se.
–?Det är ett medvetet val av Victoria att öppet visa sin kärlek till pojkvännen. På det sättet signalerar hon tydligt att det är honom hon har valt, säger en vännerna.
När paret nyligen tittade på Carl Philips gokartdebut kunde Aftonbladet exempelvis avslöja att Victoria bar ett speciellt kärlekssmycke i form av ett halsband med parets initialer sammanflätade.
– Ett säkert tecken på att en förlovning inte är långt borta, menar en källa på hovet.

Victoria och Daniel har under årens lopp ägnat timmar åt att diskutera saken. Både kungen och Silvia har alltid har sagt att de stödjer Victoria i hennes val av pojkvän –?även om han är en vanlig medelklasskille från bruksorten Ockelbo.
Tidningsuppgifter har den senaste tiden också gjort gällande att kungaparet har träffat Daniels föräldrar för att diskutera förlovningen.
Men med tanke på att Victoria och Daniels relation är spränghett stoff för tidningar i hela Europa är familjerna ytterst försiktiga att prata om saken. Inte ens med sina vänner.
– Jag tror att det är ett väldigt känsligt läge just nu, säger vännen.
Kompisarna säger att Victoria är lika mån om Daniel som en björnhona är om sina ungar.
– Hon vet att Daniel älskar henne jättemycket och tänker inte släppa sitt grepp.
Just nu umgås de flitigare än någonsin och tillbringar all sin lediga tid tillsammans. Kronprinsessan vill av hela sitt hjärta förlova sig med Daniel för att sedan planera bröllop och familj.
Men när det kommer till kritan är det Daniel som bestämmer och måste säga ja.

Last edited:
A thousand thanks for posting it here, Yennie. I´m going to help you with the translation.
Generally it doesn´t tell much new (for the ppl, who are used to check every facial muscle and every hair of Daniel ;) ) but I guess it´s interesting for newer members/Royal watchers (even though I assume it´s a bit "behind". IMO all decisions were made a while ago)

I love this sentence:
Kompisarna säger att Victoria är lika mån om Daniel som en björnhona är om sina ungar.
Friends say, that Victoria is as keen (protective) on Daniel as a she-bear to its babies :D

If there won't be a wedding next year - Victoria and Daniel could at least get engaged in the autumn, when the big 60th birthday celebrations are over and things are back to normal. Then they would have a long preparation time until the summer of 2007.... Just another theory... :D

GrandDuchess said:
If there won't be a wedding next year - Victoria and Daniel could at least get engaged in the autumn, when the big 60th birthday celebrations are over and things are back to normal. Then they would have a long preparation time until the summer of 2007.... Just another theory... :D

Something very similar said the great Netty today as well :D
It´s of course true...but at the moment I´m still disappointed. Autumn 2006 (and then summer 2007) is still soooooo faaaaar away. The prospect to have an other spring with speculations on a wedding, and a summer with articles on Daniel appearing at the birthday party or not and with pics of a grumpy looking Daniel on Öland isn´t directly great
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom