The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2005, 02:29 PM
Majesty

no sign of engagment it was a while since daniel wrote about it in aftonbladet
how long before a wedding would you think the engagement would be made public?

Old 01-12-2005, 04:08 PM
Courtier

Well I think around half a year would be common. How long was it with Fred and Mary?
And as most ppl like to marry in Spring/Summer so till mid of September. But you also could marry in winter. They still have got enough time, till march. But maybe daddy King just thinks it would be the wrong time to make it public now. But who knows. But maybe just in a few weeks. or maybe never...

Old 01-12-2005, 05:38 PM
Heir Apparent

I also think, that itīs now not the right time to come up with an happy event like an engagement.
But knowing that Victoria will be in Australia in march, Iīm quite sure anyway, that an engagement wouldnīt have taken place before the end of march. Then again, I think, when they arenīt engaged until May, then they wonīt marry this year. I canīt imagine a winter wedding. That would be so "un-scandinavian".
Old 01-12-2005, 05:47 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I also think, that itīs now not the right time to come up with an happy event like an engagement.
But knowing that Victoria will be in Australia in march, Iīm quite sure anyway, that an engagement wouldnīt have taken place before the end of march. Then again, I think, when they arenīt engaged until May, then they wonīt marry this year. I canīt imagine a winter wedding. That would be so "un-scandinavian".
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixer2002de
Well I think around half a year would be common. How long was it with Fred and Mary?
And as most ppl like to marry in Spring/Summer so till mid of September. But you also could marry in winter. They still have got enough time, till march. But maybe daddy King just thinks it would be the wrong time to make it public now. But who knows. But maybe just in a few weeks. or maybe never...
Why wouldn't now be a good time to make such an announcement? I would think now would be a great time as it would do much to help lift national spirits and maybe even help to return things to normalcy, at least somewhat.
Old 01-14-2005, 08:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britters
Why wouldn't now be a good time to make such an announcement? I would think now would be a great time as it would do much to help lift national spirits and maybe even help to return things to normalcy, at least somewhat.
Hmm, I think "normalcy" hasnīt to be promoted. For those who arenīt affected directly it will come anyway, and for those who have lost a very close person (a child, the spouse) it wonīt come ever again, at least not that kind of normalcy and the basic trust (that all will be "good" as long as they just try hard enough) they were used to.
I hate it to say, but we, who are not affected, will forget, it wonīt be in our minds daily...and the flow of donations will become less. Now barely 3 weeks went by since the 26th of december. Even though I canīt look at the terrible pics anymore (thanks god the TV-stations have stopped to focus on dead bodies), I think itīs good that the catastrophe is still a topic in the media.
Though I can see the exhilarant effect of an engagement, I think it would be inappropriate right now...it would only distract.
I wouldnīt mind, if they would announce it in a few weeks (middle or end of February...and of course later this year) but now itīs IMO simply too soon.
Old 01-14-2005, 09:09 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena
Though I can see the exhilarant effect of an engagement, I think it would be inappropriate right now...it would only distract.
I wouldnīt mind, if they would announce it in a few weeks (middle or end of February...and of course later this year) but now itīs IMO simply too soon.
I think you always can find a reason why an engagement is inappropriate....
Old 01-14-2005, 11:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixer2002de
I think you always can find a reason why an engagement is inappropriate....
Is here "you" generally meant? Or is my person meant with "you"? If you mean me, then you arenīt completely wrong I will always find reasons, why a gym trainer, who has shown so far not the slightest interest in politic work, shouldnīt become prince. But though Iīve probably written 50% of all my posts on Victoria & Daniel, I think that Iīm not so fanatic, that I would say, that an engagement between those two would have an influence on my life in any remarkable way. When they love each other, they should become happy.
If we talk about the opinions of ppl in general, then I would say, that a future Royal (male or female) will never reach 100% acceptance among the ppl, but I think a majority would "allow" Victoria a happy life with Mr. Westling. In fact I think (for Royal watchers unimaginable! ) most of the swedish people donīt pay much attention to this young couple. Surely they would be in the focus around their engagement (thatīs why I think, this date should be well chosen...and shouldnīt "collide" with any other important dates...most of all mourning time, but also big jubilees for Sweden, "hot" phase of a national election campaign...criticism in this time could "stick" in the minds of the ppl for a longer time than usual) and wedding, but now and in the months/years after the wedding, they (would) have only a marginal meaning/impact for many Swedes. At least this young couple doesnīt influence their daily life...of course both could do great PR-work for Sweden, and in times of national sorrow a Royal (as we see with the swedish king) can do a lot. As we have also seen in many Royal houses, the death of a Royal, or just his/her wedding seem to mean a lot to people. An opportunity to reflect own dreams and losses in life...but as Iīve said above, it doesnīt influence their own lives directly, so the feelings arenīt really "deep". Thatīs why I think not too many would really try hard to find reasons against an engagement between Daniel and Victoria (esp. not since Daniel hasnīt done anything bad to other persons, in the sense of general worldwide and in all religions common values)
Gah, today Iīve a feeling of not being able to express my point...I hope, you have gotten at least a bit, what I have meant.
Old 01-15-2005, 04:16 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Is here "you" generally meant? Or is my person meant with "you"? If you mean me, then you arenīt completely wrong I will always find reasons, why a gym trainer, who has shown so far not the slightest interest in politic work, shouldnīt become prince. But though Iīve probably written 50% of all my posts on Victoria & Daniel, I think that Iīm not so fanatic, that I would say, that an engagement between those two would have an influence on my life in any remarkable way. When they love each other, they should become happy.
Both "yous" . I think you should not care that much about external happenings at all. If you do take care to much you will never marry. And well if a date is fixed. Just go for it, even if the government gets into a political crisis. Its their problem then.
Old 01-17-2005, 05:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Victoriaīs hair will be cut, and all the paints and sleeveless tops will be taken out of her closet...then a big bonfire will take place in the court of Drottningholm...ETW would give a solemn speech, she would adress her old protégé and her new protégé and would say "Now you arenīt anymore the girlfriend of the gym trainer, but you are a mature Royal with a prince consort on your side"...then all would watch how all the ugly jeans, gym clothes, trucker caps, T-shirts, gala-pants...become smoke and ashes. And in the light of the warm fire, one, who would look closely/exactly at him, would see, that a tear runs down Danielīs cheek-a last goodbye to his old life

Lets throw in a few of her gala dresses, dowdy shoes and hats and do it right away, followed by round of shopping accompanied by a young male stylist and ETW is not allowed to tag along to make sure its appropriate (read: boring) and then Victoria could look like the elegant, mature woman she could be but that she hides behind unflattering tops and grey suits.
Old 01-17-2005, 05:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen

Lets throw in a few of her gala dresses, dowdy shoes and hats and do it right away, followed by round of shopping accompanied by a young male stylist and ETW is not allowed to tag along to make sure its appropriate (read: boring) and then Victoria could look like the elegant, mature woman she could be but that she hides behind unflattering tops and grey suits.
Good idea..Iīm for a little bit benzine, so that all burns faster...not that she gets a chance to save some of those pieces "help Elisabeth...help, the people could start to think Iīm a superficial, only in clothes interested crown princess, like those new crown princesses!!!!"
Today (sports gala 2005) she has worn again something, that looks a lot like paints...the sooner this bonfire takes place, the better
Old 01-26-2005, 04:18 PM
Heir Apparent

This week's Svensk Damtidning insists on the rumour that Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling will announce their engagement this spring and then a summer wedding in the Stockholm Cathedral this summer. According to some source of theirs - wedding music has been commissioned!
Old 01-26-2005, 04:38 PM
Majesty

but i still think they need at least half a year to prepare a wedding so a september wedding would have a engagment in february (latest) i think
for a august wedding a engagment latest in march so if we do not have a engagment before April i do not think there will be a summer wedding and wonder if she want a larte fall wedding or a winter wedding
Old 01-26-2005, 04:40 PM
Heir Apparent

What is exactly meant with commissioned...do they mean, they get an own piece composed? Or that the choir was engaged, or that a person, familiar with music, should search for appropriate songs/marches/melodies?
Old 01-26-2005, 04:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine
but i still think they need at least half a year to prepare a wedding so a september wedding would have a engagment in february (latest) i think
for a august wedding a engagment latest in march so if we do not have a engagment before April i do not think there will be a summer wedding and wonder if she want a larte fall wedding or a winter wedding
Hm, march is already spring. But I also think it has to be planned longer...and I think from the moment you start to plan and to engage ppl, there is a high chance, that the press would find out about an engagement.
I wonder, how it was in the case of the crown princes? Have they started to plan (with other ppl, e.g. the court, involved) the wedding before the announcement of the engagement?
Old 01-26-2005, 04:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
What is exactly meant with commissioned...do they mean, they get an own piece composed? Or that the choir was engaged, or that a person, familiar with music, should search for appropriate songs/marches/melodies?
It means that new wedding music of some sort has been commissioned (according to Svensk Damtidning, remember this - we don't know if it's true). The sentence in the magazine is (translated to English): "Even a commission for writing royal wedding music has been given"
Old 01-26-2005, 05:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandDuchess
It means that new wedding music of some sort has been commissioned (according to Svensk Damtidning, remember this - we don't know if it's true). The sentence in the magazine is (translated to English): "Even a commission for writing royal wedding music has been given"
Thank you for the explanation. Yes, maybe itīs untrue...but for the case itīs true, I donīt like the idea. I want them to play "old" music (classical music for weddings...or e.g a "folk song" like at the wedding of Haakon and MM)...at least itīs usually better.
Old 01-26-2005, 05:58 PM
Majesty

it can still be classicle music but written 2005

I would love folksong
and i want a gala wedding.........
Old 01-26-2005, 06:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine
it can still be classicle music but written 2005

I would love folksong
and i want a gala wedding.........
Yes, of course it can...but I think itīs not too keen to say, that the best pieces of classical music were writen 1-3 centuries ago. But maybe they will find someone capable (who would then write the "gym march" ) A little new composed "theme" which would be played at special occasions (baptism of the children, wedding anniversaries) would be nice though.

Yes, a folk song from Gästrikland (for the case she really marries Daniel Westling) would be an lovely idea.
I also want a gala wedding, but Iīm quite sure, we would/will get that.
Old 01-26-2005, 06:27 PM
Courtier

I also want a gala wedding, but Iīm quite sure, we would/will get that.[/QUOTE]

I also want an gala wedding. Does anyone know the tradition in sweden, if we usually have gala or "hat" weddings? in 1976 it was not an gala wedding, i donīt know if it was something that was "modern" then, but in videos of the other weddings in scandinavia at the near time they had gala weddings so why not sweden?

Letīs keep our fingers crossed the day they announce the wedding that it will be a gala event.
Old 01-26-2005, 06:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by rop81

I also want an gala wedding. Does anyone know the tradition in sweden, if we usually have gala or "hat" weddings?
Looking at the weddings of Victoriaīs swedish friends in the past years, I see a clear trend to afternoon-weddings with a gala/wedding ball later. I think she will adopt that...but we will see.

Closed Thread

Tags
crown princess victoria, daniel westling, relationships