The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2004, 10:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

Personally I find it very difficult to say anything about Daniel, I have not heared him say a singel word, I have hardly read that he has said something, there are very few (compared to say Fred and Mary) pictures of him and Victoria together, and the pictures I have seen of him by him self has almost always been in realtion with the gym. Even if I have read most of what expressen and aftonbladet has written there is very little known about him I think, his friend has kept from blabbing to the press...based on that I think it is impossible for me to make any "ruling on Daniel" except when Mette-Marit, Maxima, Letizia and Mary was excepted, all commoners, all rather average woman with no exceptional doings and some with different problematic things in the background can become royals why should Daniel be a no go?

And the constant nagging about Daniels supposed lacking english, has anyone heared him speak it BTW? How many languages did Mary speak when she moved to Denmark? MM spoke 2 and Letizia spanish and a unknown amount of English. They all went trough and still do "princess school" so why is it so strange that Daniel has to do Prince school, Its the way it works when everyone can become a royal...

The problem for Daniel, or any man Victoria marrys, is that its just not so intresting to talk about men, the ladies can be groomed, buy expensive clothes, wear big gala dresses with long train and load on with the family jewels and hairextensions and every one goes "ooooh she looks soooo regal" What can Daniel do? Put on a suit, tux or a whit tie for the fiftieth time maybe with a sash if he gets one...

The thing that I really would like to know is if her really wants to be a Prince (or whatever title he gets) at the moment he seems to go out of his way to not be in the press and if he marrys Victoria he willl be in the glossys every week for the rest of his life...

My resolution: Carl Philip marrys Emma, Sweden gets a royal wedding with all that goes with it and Victoria gets atleast another year with peace and quiet to think things trough....

Old 12-05-2004, 03:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen
The problem for Daniel, or any man Victoria marrys, is that its just not so intresting to talk about men, the ladies can be groomed, buy expensive clothes, wear big gala dresses with long train and load on with the family jewels and hairextensions and every one goes "ooooh she looks soooo regal" What can Daniel do? Put on a suit, tux or a whit tie for the fiftieth time maybe with a sash if he gets one...
This is so totally true. The fascination for royals can be really superficial - but at the same time, why wouldn't it be, we all like to see our beloved royals in gala wear...

This is also partly why I think it's important for Victoria to get a stylist and improve her personal style - because when she one day becomes Queen Reignant - she will be the center of attention, and with time she will also have to "take over" Silvia's role as one of the most stylish royals. Victoria as Head of State won't have someone at her side, like The King has with Silvia now, who can draw the attention of the photographers.

Quote:
Im really suprised they hardly get pictures of him. Danish and Norwegian press had new pictures of Mary and Mette-Marit weekly. Daniel Nyhlen must be out of praktice I mean seeing how high the speculations are going no, I would have expected them to hunt him in search of a comment (which I don think they will get) or atleas some pictures, but Nothing
After concluding the fact that the Swedish evening newspapers (journalists) is all about writing trash and bashing people these days - maybe it's also time to realise that the core of Swedish photographers are all "softies"? I also find it very weird that we haven't seen more pictures of Danne alone, and Danne and Victoria as a couple, out and about. Especially Expressen should have these kind of pictures - since they don't have their "own" photographers anymore, but hire people for all photo assignments. So it would be the perfect thing for Expressen to do, order "paparazzi" pictures of the royals from freelance photographers...

Old 12-05-2004, 04:29 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal_sophietje
don't like that guy Daniel. I see something on him. I don't think he is, hm how should I say it, honest. And I think Victoria sees that too.
You are alluding to him perchance of having a roving eye?

Quote:
... Victoria is smart enough to see he isn't fit for a royal role.
I re-mention an earlier comment of mine that Victoria might have an inferiority complex. I'm sure if she gave the "nod" she could have her pick of well credentialed "academic" men. But with Daniel, she becomes a leader like Haakon in choosing a "spouse" who doesn't have a degree and comes from a slightyl questionable background. Something about these Scandinavians ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrhcp
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
GrandDuchess][/b] ... the Royal Court has now accepted that Daniel is not, and will never be, an academic.
Quite a "low blow". Does the King have an academic degree? Does Silvia have one? Does Victoria have one?

.... No, no and NO !!!!!!!!!!
What I meant in this regard, was a presence of a degree, diploma or completion certificate. Fine, Victoria did go to Yale ... but did she get a degree? I agree, she probably got a well embroidered certificate that states she attended Yale, but does that piece of paper actually say she got a degree?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrhcp
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandDuchess
The magazine also writes that their sources say that no one in the Royal Family expects Daniel to devote his life work to the subjects he is now studying, but instead they want to focus also on his good sides – his healthy attitude and way of life which makes him a good role model.
Alas .... how Daniel will handle the boredom of being an inconsequential consort cannot be taught. Trust he doesn't take after Ernst August.
Say what you want .... but men are men and women are women. That is, look at Prince Philip of England, Prince Claus of the Netherlands (while he was still alive), Prince Henrik of Denmark, Prince Ernst August of Hannover ... these gentlemen all had/have a hard time being upstaged by their wives. That's just a man thing. Most men "feel" a sense of accomplishment being "breadwinners" and I feel most certain that Daniel's sense of current satisfaction (and perhaps Victoria's sense of future unease) is connected with running a successful (ie: profitable) business.

When he marries, I think he will have to give it up. That will be a "loss" similar to that what ex-king Constantine of Greece experienced being booted off his throne. Compensation: running from infidelity to infidelity .....?....

Being a royal in the modern day and age - albeit being married into the ruling family - is something that appeals more to the female side, imho. The magic, the pomp and circumstance, the attention, the clothes, having servants at your beck and call. However, being married into the ruling family as a man, is completely different. Hence my allusion to Ernst August as the darker side. Perhaps I should have made reference to Constantine?
Old 12-05-2004, 05:22 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandDuchess
This is also partly why I think it's important for Victoria to get a stylist and improve her personal style - because when she one day becomes Queen Reignant - she will be the center of attention, and with time she will also have to "take over" Silvia's role as one of the most stylish royals. Victoria as Head of State won't have someone at her side, like The King has with Silvia now, who can draw the attention of the photographers.
There is no natural gurantee that Victoria will automatically become one of the most stylish royal women. Just because her mother is now doesn't mean Victoria is naturally entitled to this particular mantle. There isn't much inkling NOW that Victoria is capable of having the true sense of style her mother does. Style and fashion sense is not hereditary the last time I checked.

Quote:
Personally I find it very difficult to say anything about Daniel, I have not heared him say a singel word, I have hardly read that he has said something, there are very few (compared to say Fred and Mary) pictures of him and Victoria together, and the pictures I have seen of him by him self has almost always been in realtion with the gym. Even if I have read most of what expressen and aftonbladet has written there is very little known about him I think, his friend has kept from blabbing to the press...based on that I think it is impossible for me to make any "ruling on Daniel" except when Mette-Marit, Maxima, Letizia and Mary was excepted, all commoners, all rather average woman with no exceptional doings and some with different problematic things in the background can become royals why should Daniel be a no go?
Isn't this a bit of a double standard? Just because one hasn't read a single word spoke by Daniel himself or even the words of others doesn't mean that he can't be judged even if it is wrong. Even before Mary spoke her first public words about Frederik or about their relationship plenty of people had things to say about her. The same thing happened to Letizia. People thought it okay to judge her based on her divorce and her lack of religion before even the engagement press conference. Don't even get me started on how much was said about Mette-Marit before she so much as even sighed in public.

Quote:
Then maybe we shouldn't be so superficial. Maybe we should aspire for our royalty to be more than Barbie and Ken dolls and really applaud them for doing good works rather than just looking pretty in an expensive dress and a carat-filled tiara.
By the same extension a lack of focus on Daniel superficially would equal a boring subject matter for the glossy mags. Then he could either go quietly about representing the royal house or simply disappear into the backdrop of the royal house and be the man behind the woman.
Old 12-05-2004, 05:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicomtesse
There is no natural gurantee that Victoria will automatically become one of the most stylish royal women. Just because her mother is now doesn't mean Victoria is naturally entitled to this particular mantle. There isn't much inkling NOW that Victoria is capable of having the true sense of style her mother does. Style and fashion sense is not hereditary the last time I checked.
That's not what I meant. I just meant that when Victoria one day becomes Queen Reignant - she will be the center of attention in Sweden and in focus by all the media in Europe - and it will matter how stylish she then is (so she has to improve). Unlike the situation of today, when King Carl XVI Gustaf is considered quite boring by the media - but has a Queen and three gorgeous children who draw all the spotlight instead.

So when Victoria does get married, and before she starts a family - the people and the media will not have a beautiful young woman to awe for and call style icon - instead just a man who tries his best to change his tux, blazer or jaquette the best he can, and maybe a few different ties... No tiaras, necklaces, brooches, earring etc on him that the photographers can take pictures of and the journalists write whole articles and columns on...

Of course when she gets her own family, the press will follow them and all that. But I'm just saying - it matters how she dresses.
Old 12-05-2004, 06:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

And when they dont have the superficial things to focus on the press will be bored and bored press write negative articles They really do, when was the last time someone read a positive article on Carl Gustaf?
Old 12-11-2004, 06:44 AM
Majesty

i have been thinking would they keep going with the relationchip if they know (they i mean daniel and victoria) that they would not have a future togather they must have talked about it becouse they have been dating for a while now
Old 12-11-2004, 06:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine
i have been thinking would they keep going with the relationchip if they know (they i mean daniel and victoria) that they would not have a future togather they must have talked about it becouse they have been dating for a while now
Hopefully not! With the time it wouldn´t become easier to get seperated one day.

Personally I was quite sure, that he would watch the NPA. Mainly to see his Victoria, and then to get an impression of these important festivities for the Royals.
But maybe he has videotaped it, or his "mentor" has, or whatever...
And I wonder, if he also hasn´t watched the wedding in Denmark (??)
Old 12-11-2004, 06:51 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine
Ithink if the king is really against him, he will sooner or later break in and has to accept it.
Old 12-11-2004, 10:56 AM
Heir Apparent

So they already will marry,happy for them.
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 12-11-2004, 02:39 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMQueenElizabethII
So they already will marry,happy for them.
How did you get this conclusion?? Or did I miss something??
Old 12-22-2004, 04:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Article from Aftonbladet

Again a two-sides-of-the-coin-article from... Here is my translation...

Daniel Westling not welcome for Christmas at the Palace!

The Crown Princes boyfriend cannot come to the celebrations. Daniel Westling is not allowed to celebrate Christmas with Victoria. The Royal Family denies him.
- None of the children’s partners are with the Royal Family on Christmas, says Catherine Broms at the Royal Court’s press service.

Victoria, 27, and Daniel Westling, 31, has been a couple for almost three years. He is liked by the Royal Family and has attended both birthday parties and private dinners. But on one day every year, Daniel Westling is not welcome – Christmas Eve.
- It has always been one of the most important days of the year for the King and Queen. And on this day, they only want to be with the children and the closest family, says a source.

Daniel Westling has to go home and celebrate Christmas in Ockelbo – without his Victoria. The Royal Family celebrates at Drottningholm, like always, together with Princess Christina, her husband Tord Magnusson and their three sons Gustaf, Victor and Oscar.

There will be a traditional celebration with food, presents and tree.
- Silvia is very careful with that everything is like it always is. She is very caring for traditions and thinks that it is important, says the source.

The King is childishly found of the wrapped presents, and hands them out to the family with enthusiasm. On Christmas Day, the family participates in the Mass that is held at the Drottningholm’s Palace Chapel.

Prince Carl Philip’s Emma or Princess Madeleine’s Jonas Bergström aren’t allowed to be with their partners either. They will celebrate with their parents.

Victoria and Daniel aren’t allowed to meet during Christmas – but after.
- They will meet after Christmas (in the “between” days). Most things points to that Victoria will go up to Ockelbo to spend time with Daniel and his parents, says the source.
Old 12-22-2004, 06:13 AM
Courtier

whats so strange about that? I think thats well quite normal.
Old 12-22-2004, 08:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixer2002de
whats so strange about that? I think thats well quite normal.
I agree with you. I would also say it´s normal, esp. since Daniel´s parents don´t live in Stockholm. Otherwise Victoria and Daniel would maybe meet later on Christmas eve.
Old 12-22-2004, 09:02 AM
Aristocracy

I think it's very strange that they spend christmas separated. Ever since my husband and I started dating we have been spending christmas together. We have taken turns to spend the christmas with his parents and mine. The important thing for ur has always been that WE are together. Two people who love each other shouldn't be separated at christams since it is the family holiday. You should be with the ones you love.
Old 12-22-2004, 04:47 PM
Courtier

As Vicky and Daniel are seperated on Christmas eve. Do you think Vicky gets a Christmas present from Daniel?

What would it be?
Something really special like Daniel or free entrance to the gym or a fitness set?

Or just something else?

I would like to know, really:)
Old 12-22-2004, 05:03 PM
Heir Apparent

I´m sure, she will get one.
That with the free entrance is too funny...and in a way strangely. It would mean, that Daniel really doesn´t think his beloved one is the reason for the 365% plus. I´m sure she already has free entrance.
My guess is, that she won´t get something very unusual and romantic. Probably that what most guys give: jewellery, lingerie, perfume, pieces of sport equipment (a golf club...)
Old 12-22-2004, 05:09 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena
Probably that what most guys give: jewellery, lingerie, perfume, pieces of sport equipment (a golf club...)
for jewellery i thing he cannot compete with daddy kungen
sexy lingerie and mum and dad are around when she opens it. hmm ..
perfume, how boring. could be interpreted as he thinks she stinks. Never
sports equipment... maybe
Old 12-22-2004, 05:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Maybe Daniel has an official gift (an engraved golf club) and an private one

And perhaps the Royal parents and the Westlings will meet this Christmas. On 26th or 27th. I wonder how this meeting would be. I would love to watch that.
Old 12-22-2004, 05:33 PM
Majesty

i do not see it strange that they are not celebrating christmas togather

Closed Thread

Tags
crown princess victoria, daniel westling, relationships