Crown Princess Victoria & Daniel Westling: Relationship Discussion (2002-2007)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Alexandria+Jul 4th, 2004 - 3:47 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Alexandria @ Jul 4th, 2004 - 3:47 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Lena@Jul 2nd, 2004 - 2:33 am
Hey Alexandria...nice to say you here again...made my day (and that at 8:30 am!!)  :woot:
Hi Lena! Thanks for the nice comments! I'm glad to be back to enjoy the "banter" between the "driving forces" in the Swedish forum again! ;) Thanks for the Expressen translation ... Not sure if I missed it during my "hiatus" but was Daniel at any family celebrations for Victoria's recent birthday? Or the recent Swedish National Day, even if only in the crowd? (I am not sure if Carl Phillip's Emma attends, too? She and Daniel could sit in the audience together I guess.)

... I do hope that if there is a wedding ahead for Victoria and Daniel he will cut his hair. I just read a thread about a make over for Victoria. But before she gets one, let's introduce Daniel to a hair dresser (preferably Carl Phillip's) and scissors! :p [/b][/quote]
No, he didn´t appear at any family celebration...if, they would be engaged...well, there are some exceptions...e.g. Eva Sannum, who was invited to Haakons and MM´s wedding as a friend of them, and who then directly "piloted" Felipe there (*sigh* Eva, am I the only one, who is missing her ;) ) and strangely Emma WAS guest at the official birthday celebrations of Victoria some years ago. She sat behind Carl Philip. But I would say Victoria´s birthday always is something "semi-official", in the audience EVERY Swede, who wants, can be...and Victoria´s friends are invited...so if Victoria really would want to have Daniel there, she could "style" him as ordinary friend (OFFICIALLY they aren´t more! I love that "double standards" in Royal houses ;) )

But as Yennie said, we will see in 9 days!

The haircut-thing...maybe they will find a coiffeur with an special offer for couples...pay one, get two ;)

Lena  Posted: Jul 5th, 2004 - 2:18 am

No, he didn´t appear at any family celebration...if, they would be engaged...well, there are some exceptions...e.g. Eva Sannum, who was invited to Haakons and MM´s wedding as a friend of them, and who then directly "piloted" Felipe there (*sigh* Eva, am I the only one, who is missing her )
.. as a note of sympathy, how is *she* doing ?
.. and I agree she looked better with Felipe, but then again she is taller.
.. and then again, Felipe seems to attract the less than 100% fvourable women.

strangely Emma WAS guest at the official birthday celebrations of Victoria some years ago. She sat behind Carl Philip.
what's so strange ... what better way of announcing something of an "official thing" !?

But as Yennie said, we will see in 9 days!
what's "happening" in 9 days ?

Daniel Westling in a taxi

Daniel Westling festade i Båstad i natt

BÅSTAD - BORGHOLM. Kronprinsessans pojkvän Daniel Westling tog en paus i sitt arbete som personlig tränare för mångmiljonärer. I natt festade han med sina vänner i Båstad. Samtidigt hade Victoria middag på Öland.

Daniel Westling roade sig kungligt i natt i Båstad. Han och två vänner började sin festnatt med en tre timmar lång middag på restaurangen Hjorten i utkanten av Båstad. Daniel åt en trerätters middag på den exklusiva krogen, som har gjort sig känd för sitt breda utbud av vilt. Han skrattade när han lämnade Hjorten, men var väldigt hemlighetsfull om vad han gör i Båstad.
– Nja, det vet jag inte, sa han och log.

Sköter kundernas träning
Men Expressen kan berätta att han är i Båstad för att arbeta.
Flera kunder på hans två exklusiva gym i Stockholm har semester, men vill inte missa sin träning. Daniel Westling har därför lovat att fortsätta träna dem på deras semesterorter – just nu i Båstad.
– Det är perfekt för Daniel. Han kan jobba samtidigt som han kommer ut i sommar-Sverige, berättar en vän.

"Sliter på dagarna"
Denne fortsätter:
– Han kombinerar nytta med nöje. På dagarna sliter han med sina kunder och på kvällarna äter han goda middagar.
Daniel Westling lämnade i natt, strax före midnatt, Hjorten och begav sig in till centrala Båstad. Han hade flera fester att välja bland.

Har redan köpt present
Kronprinsessan Victorias vänner Ulf von Roth och Fredrick af Klerker arrangerade den attraktivaste festen – Café Operas årliga kalas på nattklubben Madison.
Samtidigt satt Victoria på Solliden på Öland och åt middag med Carl Philip och hans vänner.
– Victoria fyller år på onsdag. Daniel har redan köpt present och är huvudgäst vid hennes kalas, avslutar vännen.

So what does this mean? Closer to an engagement or farer away?? IMO for an engagement: Daniel is accepted in Sweden´s high society...against: his work seems to be more important than a barbecue with his girlfriend (so if they would engaged, he would care less about money ;) )

Lena  Posted: Jul 10th, 2004 - 10:33 am

his work seems to be more important than a barbecue with his girlfriend
Well .... Lena, with all this talk of a deficit at the Royal Court, I am very glad that Daniel has stepped up "to the mark".

Instead of being a useless Consort, he's going to be the bread earner. Maybe this is the beginning of the trend into the future ... the funds of the Royal Court cut back and back, and their private ventures providing more and more ?

Certainly an enabler ...... and obviously he has the blessing of his future father-in-law. Maybe CG slipped him some funding, and is hoping for a good return. That Daniel would have to prove himself, if that was the case ... and it looks like that is what is happening.
:innocent:

Well, I would be glad too, if they would do some other work...but haven´t you read the reactions on this perfume-campaign...well, they haven just "given" their name...but ppl will always say, that they just take advantage of their name, even when they work! Just remember the reactions, when it was rumoured that Victoria has promoted Daniel´s gym. So if Daniel would be prince, they would react the same way. I guess the only way to go on with his work as prince would be to do it for free.

ena  Posted on Jul 11th, 2004 - 12:47 am

I guess the only way to go on with his work as prince would be to do it for free.

and the RF is to go broke?

What do I have to see here?! Even the german tabloid "die aktuelle" reports about a possible wedding. I say "even", because this tabloid is quite discrete and fair, when it comes to the swedish RF (their "court reporter" is closer to Queen Silvia than any other german reporter, who works for a magazine/tabloid. At least HE claims this ;) ). So this could mean, that for this tabloid a wedding isn´t impossible anymore...and that´s why they dare to talk about it. ;) ;) ;)

The article:

Crown princess Victoria of Sweden: A love with an happy end
Court-reporter Norbert Loh means, that now a wedding with Daniel Westling is the best for Queen Silvia´s daughter..
Crown princess Victoria will celebrate this week her 27th birthday at Solliden-castle on the baltic sea-island Öland.
King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia will arrange a little party for their eldest (child)
Also her siblings prince Carl Philip and princess Madeleine will be there. And her boyfriend Daniel Westling, 30.

Court reporter Norbert Loh: "I think that now a wedding to/with Daniel is the best for the crown princess. Because I know her practically since her very first minute (good reason ;) ). When Queen Silvia gave birth to her in the early morning hours of the 14th of july 1977 (actually in the evening hours ;) ), her father Walter Sommerlath awoke me via phone and shared the happy message with me. So I was one the of the first (ppl), who found out about the happy occasion/incidence, I´ve watched/followed Victoria´s life in all the years with great sympathy. She became a sensitive woman, who is 100% aware, that she will become a Queen one day. There she has no choice. But she has a choice, concerning her "heart". Victoria doesn´t fall in love blindly (german saying...to fall in love without "thinking"). For the man, who will be the prince consort at her side, she needs something like a love with a guarantee for an happy end. Victoria has to be sure/secure about her feelings. She knows Daniel for about 3 years. He´s a respectable man out of the middle class. At his shoulder she can lean on, when she´s happy or when she looks blue."

Daniel Westling has never spoken out in public about his relationship (wasn´t there something in Expressen some weeks ago ;) ). She can trust in him. But Victoria said in an interview with the reliable swedish magazine "Amelia": It´s a big luck, that somebody dares to have a relationship to me. Because my life is observed of the press."

And then in the mag (yes, I was at the petrol station today, to buy some ice cream...and there they had the mag ;) I haven´t seen, that they had almost the whole article on the web) at the end of the article:
Good luck with Daniel, Victoria! We´re looking forward to a royal dream-wedding.

It´s like a swing... now as Expressen has stopped to bash Daniel Westling, Aftonbladet has started ;) :p
Aftonbladet writes that Victoria has thought several times about a breakup, because the king shouldn´t be too fond of Mr. Westling :wacko:
Enligt vad Aftonbladet erfar har Daniel Westling också börjat studera engelska då kung Carl Gustaf tyckte han var för dålig på språket.
According to that what Aftonbladet has found out Daniel Westling has also begun to study english, since the king has thought, that he was too bad in this language.

I hope Daniel won´t change his complete personality to live up the expectations!

picture

Kungens kritik mot Daniel gör Victoria ledsen

Hon har funderat på att göra slut
BORGHOLM.
Kronprinsessan Victoria är ledsen och bekymrad.
Efter kungens kritik mot Daniel Westling har hon övervägt att göra slut med pojkvännen.
Inför födelsedagsfirandet i dag stöttas hon av nära väninnan Caroline Kreuger.
För kronprinsessan Victoria är hennes födelsedag en av hennes absoluta höjdpunkter under året.
När firandet drar igång på Borgholms idrottsplats kommer pojkvännen Daniel Westling inte att vara med.
- Om relationen tar slut blir kungahuset befläckat. Det skulle inte alls se bra ut, säger en person med god insyn i familjens liv.

Får inte vara med
Kungaparet har alltid hävdat att deras barn ska få välja partner med hjärtat. Daniel Westling får därför vara med familjen på Solliden och delta i privata middagar.
Men trots att han och Victoria har varit tillsammans i snart tre år får Daniel Westling fortfarande inte vara vid hennes sida under offentliga uppdrag.
- Han visar sig inte officiellt innan en eventuell förlovning. Så är det i alla Europas kungahus, säger Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg, hovets presschef.
Enligt initierade källor har kungen framfört besk kritik mot Westling.
- Kungen har muttrat små pikar, bland annat att Daniel borde vara mer bildad inom vissa områden, säger en källa.
Victoria har blivit ledsen.
- Hon älskar Daniel men har vid flera tillfällen övervägt om han är rätt för henne. I de svåraste stunderna har hon till och med funderat på om de inte ska gå skilda vägar, säger en av hennes vänner.

Ska plugga engelska
För att rädda sitt förhållande har Victoria även haft långa diskussioner med Daniel.
Då har hon bland annat medietränat pojkvännen som under flera år haft mycket svårt för journalister.
- Victoria förklarade att det inte funkade att bete sig så, säger vännen.
Enligt vad Aftonbladet erfar har Daniel Westling också börjat studera engelska då kung Carl Gustaf tyckte han var för dålig på språket.

it was a while since I asked Do you think there will be a wedding between those two

Hm...hm...hm, Josefine you can ask the most difficult questions ;)

I would say, both have "taken" the most important milestones on the way to the altar:

-They are almost 3 years together

-Daniel is accepted by Victoria´s siblings and Victoria´s friends (he`s invited to parties)

- Victoria is accepted by Daniel´s family (she was several times guest in Ockelbo and she was present at the baptism of Vera, Daniel´s niece) and friends

-Victoria´s Parents seem to accept Daniel...they were photographed 2 times together and he stayed with them at Solliden

-Victoria and Daniel underwent at least 2 crisis...and their relationship has survived this

-Victoria has admitted more or less that Daniel is her boyfriend

-Daniel has talked 3 times to the press in the last couple of months

-Daniel and Victoria share tendernesses in public

-Daniel and Victoria live together...well, not officially, but we´ve seen a lot of photos of Vic leaving Daniel´s home...so they probably know the "everyday life" and it´s "perfidies"

-Daniel and Victoria appeared together at an "semi-official" event (-> the ice-hockey-match, which was mentioned in the Royal calendar)

Some of these things happened in the relationship to Daniel Collert too, but not that many. I think Victoria and Daniel II are now at a turning point. I can´t imagine that they would spend the summer 2005 or 2006 again at Solliden as not engaged or unmarrried couple...Victoria isn´t one of these girls, who go through life like a butterfly-so easily and without thinking about consequences. Back in 2000 she set all on one field...red or green...everything or nothing. I remember that she has shown us demonstratively that she loves Daniel Collert and later in autumn she clearly admitted, that Daniel C. is her boyfriend...on the question, how this would go on (he stayed a little bit longer in the USA, and she went back to Sweden) she answered: "it will go on great"...a few months later she was single.
And I could imagine that she´s now doing the same. In the last months they have set so many signs, which were in other Royal houses clear "evidences" for engagements...

But I´ve also to say, that there´s one thing, which perplexes me...Daniel is still very very active in expanding his business...and this is contradictory to my theory, that they will marry soon. IMO this could mean 2 things: He takes advantage of her and dumps her then, when she won´t wait any longer (I don´t believe this really) or he wants to get out of his business with as much money as possible (so that he isn´t the "moneyless" middle class child from Ockelbo, when he would marry the princess). But this would also mean, that it will last longer, until they get engaged.

ok, this was my opinion...now I want to read the opinions of the others.

thank you for the summery
so this magazine is nicer then the others. what does the other papers say

Lena said:
What do I have to see here?! Even the german tabloid "die aktuelle" reports about a possible wedding. I say "even", because this tabloid is quite discrete and fair, when it comes to the swedish RF (their "court reporter" is closer to Queen Silvia than any other german reporter, who works for a magazine/tabloid. At least HE claims this ;) ). So this could mean, that for this tabloid a wedding isn´t impossible anymore...and that´s why they dare to talk about it. ;) ;) ;)

The article:

Crown princess Victoria of Sweden: A love with an happy end
Court-reporter Norbert Loh means, that now a wedding with Daniel Westling is the best for Queen Silvia´s daughter..
Crown princess Victoria will celebrate this week her 27th birthday at Solliden-castle on the baltic sea-island Öland.
King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia will arrange a little party for their eldest (child)
Also her siblings prince Carl Philip and princess Madeleine will be there. And her boyfriend Daniel Westling, 30.

Court reporter Norbert Loh: "I think that now a wedding to/with Daniel is the best for the crown princess. Because I know her practically since her very first minute (good reason ;) ). When Queen Silvia gave birth to her in the early morning hours of the 14th of july 1977 (actually in the evening hours ;) ), her father Walter Sommerlath awoke me via phone and shared the happy message with me. So I was one the of the first (ppl), who found out about the happy occasion/incidence, I´ve watched/followed Victoria´s life in all the years with great sympathy. She became a sensitive woman, who is 100% aware, that she will become a Queen one day. There she has no choice. But she has a choice, concerning her "heart". Victoria doesn´t fall in love blindly (german saying...to fall in love without "thinking"). For the man, who will be the prince consort at her side, she needs something like a love with a guarantee for an happy end. Victoria has to be sure/secure about her feelings. She knows Daniel for about 3 years. He´s a respectable man out of the middle class. At his shoulder she can lean on, when she´s happy or when she looks blue."

Daniel Westling has never spoken out in public about his relationship (wasn´t there something in Expressen some weeks ago ;) ). She can trust in him. But Victoria said in an interview with the reliable swedish magazine "Amelia": It´s a big luck, that somebody dares to have a relationship to me. Because my life is observed of the press."

And then in the mag (yes, I was at the petrol station today, to buy some ice cream...and there they had the mag ;) I haven´t seen, that they had almost the whole article on the web) at the end of the article:
Good luck with Daniel, Victoria! We´re looking forward to a royal dream-wedding.

Josefine said:

Well they try to behave. As they do not want to meet Mr. Prinz again at court!

Yennie said:
some V & D news....
This week Svensk Damtidning writes that Victoria and Daniel went to USA a few weeks ago...
I havent heard anything about this before.. anyone? any pics?

What else does this week´s svensk Damtidning say?

On the whole it´s not nicer...they only report less offensive about the swedish Royal family...and so this magazine wasn´t affected, when the swedish RF started to take legal actions.
But as much as I know this magazine had several "problems" with princess Caroline and her lawyer (which is the same as the one of the swedish Royal family...Mr. Prinz)

An german article about Victoria and Daniel. The article itself is only pure speculation, a mix of rumours and comments, which Victoria said in a different context...I´ve translated it anyway...but I think the photo-shows are more interesting:

http://www2.onunterhaltung.t-online.de/dyn/c/24/12/36/2412366.html

Has Victoria to sacrifice her boyfriend?

How often Queen Silvia (60) and King Carl Gustaf (58) will reproach their youngest daughter princess Madeleine (22) secretly, will probably stay a secret forever. The pretty princess was it, who gave her sister Victoria (27) 3 years ago a fatal tip: this one (Victoria) has searched for a little bit distraction and has found it in Madeleine´s gym "Master training". Already at the very first session the princess has lost her heart to the attractive owner Daniel Westling (30). Actually a guy, of which parents-in-law dream: genuine, diligent, sporty. The only problem: Of which son-in-law do Victoria´s parents dream?

Sleepless nights at Drottningholm castle

Gym trainer Westling, so can be assumed, is causing them for 3 years (now) sleepless nights at Drottningholm castle. Daniel is a respectable guy, but he´s speaking almost no english and he has attended "Gymnasium" (school which you attend to have the permission to go to university...in swedish "gymnasiet") for only 2 years. How should he talk as prince consort to statesmen and crowned heads? Especially king Carl Gustaf has an other "profile" for the husband for his daughter in his mind. "They think he´s too uneducated" fawning courtiers hawked again and again the judgement/opinion of Victoria´s parents.

Does Carl Gustaf ask for a breakup?

Lately it´s even claimed, that there´s a quarrel between father and daughter. It´s even said, Carl Gustaf has asked his daughter for a breakup before her 27th birthday on the 14th of july. In vain: For the first time Victoria didn´t spend her summer-holidays with her parents in the french St. Maxime, but travelled with Westling to his parents in the little provincial town Ockelbo.

Victoria: "Westling is a big luck"

Besides (that) the gym trainer stayed in this summer the "shadow-man" in Victoria´s life. He was allowed to go to Solliden castle with the Royal family, but when the Royals celebrated officially with the people, Westling stayed in the castle. "It´s a big luck, that someone dares (it) to have a relationship with me. Because it´s not easy" Victoria explained in an interview in the middle of july. A big compliment for Westling. Further she said: "I don´t want, that the man on my side suffers from it to be my husband."

Will Victoria decide against her heart?

Maybe then she already had a foreshadowing that the/this fall would be the practical test for their love. Back in spring all have romanticized about an engagement in fall. A topic about which Victoria has talked to her parents too. Probably without success, because a little bit later Victoria said "Firstly there´s always duty" To which decision will she come-for the throne and against her heart?

I feel sorry for royals trying to find a husband/wife. It's hard enough to find someone descent when your just a normal person, but when you're an heir to the throne it must be very hard. Victoria has to marry someone who will be not only of good support to her, but able to represent Sweden extreemly well both at home and abroad.

There is some feeling, why should Daniel speak English if he would become the Prince Consort of Sweden. Well English is the international language of business and diplomacy as the consort of a head of state he would need to have a good grasp at it.

The other problem for Victoria is the added pressure on her to have children. When you're a crown Prince you can get married later in life and as long as he marries a woman who can have children.

Victoria has to follow both her heart, and the will of her country. Again, it must be a tough place to be in.

Last edited:
New article about Danne and his Victoria:

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/nyheter/story/0,2789,549097,00.html

Writer Daniel Nyhlén has made out some secret sources who have told him the news ;)
According to them Daniel Westling is now attending english-classes (Mr. Nyhlen, I want more details! Where is the school, on which level is he teached, one-to-one-lessons, how often does he go there...??)
Olle Westling, Daniel´s Dad, should have told ppl in Ockelbo, that they will get married. "Friends" of Victoria are also pretty sure they will. But of course they don´t know an exact date.
Victoria´s friends also say that Daniel is a "top guy", down-to-earth and very humorous (can´t wait to get to know this side of him ;) )
Further Nyhlén tells, that Victoria has shopped at PRADA, when she was in Milan.
Of course the court doesn´t want to comment Aftonbladet´s enquiries.

Victoria and Daniel

it said they are planning marriage???

i don't know if it is true???

Last edited by a moderator:
karla64 said:
it said they are planning marriage???

i don't know if it is true???
All what is now written in the spanish and norwegian press is based on the article in Aftonbladet (swedish newspaper). And I would say that the article in Aftonbladet is pure speculation...there aren´t really facts or names of the sources mentioned.

Article in english:
The Local - Hard working Victoria gets her prince trained

Hard working Vics gets her prince trained

The Local always thought that Crown Princess Victoria looked like a jolly good egg, and this week she proved the point as she put in fourteen hour days during a trip to Hungary. But having such a diligent girlfriend seems to be putting the pressure on her boyfriend, Daniel Westling, and this week it was rumoured that he had started ‘prince training’.

This week, Victoria was doing her bit for Swedish trade with Hungary. The princess was visiting Budapest with Swedish trade minister Leif Pagrotsky, and even this Social Democrat politician was smitten:

“She is an enormous resource for Sweden,” he gushed to Expressen, adding that the princess is “ambitious, sets about her work with great resolve, and gives a good impression.”

And if heaping flattery on other countries is the essence of diplomacy, Victoria certainly seemed to carry it off with aplomb. Her fourteen hour programme on her first day in Budapest appears to have been spent praising Hungary’s charms.

“I wish I could spend longer here and see more of this beautiful country, but I’ll have to view this as a taster,” she said smoothly, as she urged Hungarians to get a taster of the Swedish food that she was there to promote.

But keeping the flag flying abroad is more complicated than it looks, and this week Aftonbladet reported that Victoria’s boyfriend, Daniel Westling, had started lessons to turn him into royal material.

The paper quoted a source saying that Daniel, who owns a gym in Stockholm, had started English lessons and other special courses to prepare for life as consort to Sweden’s future queen. Aftonbladet did not specify exactly what, apart from English, Daniel was studying.

It was also reported that Daniel has already told his family in Ockelbo, north of Stockholm, that he will marry Victoria. This was backed up by ‘friends’ of the couple, who told Aftonbladet that they were ‘completely convinced’ that there would be a wedding.

“She is completely prepared for it,” said on, adding that “Daniel is a great guy, with both feet on the ground.”

James Savage

Last edited by a moderator:
In Colourpress, it says 'Aftonbladet' is Sweden's oldest and largest newspaper.
It also says, supposedly Daniel Westling is undergoing royal education--called 'Prince School' (I suppose they couldn't come up with a better name):D
"The wedding plans are set, he is being educated to make a good prince at the crown princess's side."
Being Sweden's oldest newspaper, I would have expected some credible news and not speculated garbage....or is there a hint of truth to it..I guess we'll find out in due time. Meanwhile I suggest we add the Swedish Royal Family website to our bookmarks and keep going back to see if there is any official declaration of engagement.

Of course now Aftonbladet has taken the chance to ask Victoria about Daniel in Hungary (otherwise they probably wouldn´t have reported...if you want to see the article and the pictures look in the news thread)

Firstly the reporter has asked her about Daniel´s education to be a prince (among other things english lessons):
V: I don´t want to comment that now
When Aftonbladet asked her about an engagement and later a wedding she only answered with a smile:
V: Give it up
And then the reporter added, if she couldn´t give a little hint
V: Unfortunately (not)

So Victoria doesn´t want to give away a secret. Of course now TRF-reporter Lena is wondering why. Is it, because she´s sick and tired of Aftonbladet? Is is it, because the things are true, and of course she wouldn´t answer "yes, we are engaged since May and Daniel has 5 lessons a day"? Questions over questions...and no answers.

Article from Aftonbladet today:

Så har Vickan förändrat livet för Daniel Westling - This is how Victoria has changed Daniel's life

Victorias pojkvän Daniel Westling skolas in till prins inför deras kommande förlovning. Men i dag ser den enkle Ockelbokillens tillvaro redan annorlunda ut. Aftonbladet har kartlagt hur Daniels liv har förändrats sedan han blev tillsammans med sin kronprinsessa.

Bostaden - Home.
Då: När Daniel träffade Victoria bodde han i en tvåa i gårdshuset med fönster åt gården. Det duger knappast om du är tillsammans med en kronprinsessa. Dessutom klagade Säpo över att den var för svårbevakad och utsatt.
Nu: Daniel flyttade istället in i en exklusiv och insynsskyddad våning på Banérgatan. Victoria har hjälpt honom att inreda i elegant stil.
English summary: His last apartment was not good enough, and Säpo complained about the security. Now he has a new exclusive apartment, which Victoria has helped him decorate.

Jobbet - Job.
Då: Daniels privata gym Master Training gick visserligen hyfsat bra innan han blev tillsammans med Victoria...
Nu: ...men sedan dess har hans gym blivit en riktig kassako och kundkretsen har ökat väsentligt. Tillsammans med kollegan Benny Johansson har han startat ytterligare ett lyxgym för kändisar och direktörer i Stockholms city.
English summary: His gym business was doing fine before, but since be got together with Victoria, it has turned out to become a real goldmine. His circle of customers has grown, and he's also started a new gym.

Bilen - Car.
Då: En röd Alfa Romeo som Daniel snabbt som attan byte ut när han förstod att pressen visste vad han rattade.
Nu: En svart, lyxig, stadsjeep av modellen Lexus RX 300 som kostade närmare en halv miljon kronor. Prinsessan Madeleine kör en likadan modell.
English summary: Before a red Alfa Romeo that he changed as soon as the press found out what he drove. Today he has a luxurious SUV, and Princess Madeleine has the same one.

Umgängeskretsen - Circle of friends.
Då: Kompisarna var mest Ockelbo-polarna och några golfare som Daniel lärde känna genom sitt gym.
Nu: Daniel har fått massor av nya vänner från den stockholmska societeten. Här finns bland andra Victorias kompisar Niclas Engsäll och Christoffer "Stoffe" Cederlund. Men också krogkungen och Café Opera-ägaren Sandro Catenacci.
English summary: Before mostly his Ockelbo pals and a few golfers he got to know via his gym. Today, he has gotten a lot of friends in the Stockholm society, among them Victoria's friends Niclas Engsäll and Christoffer Cederlund.

Nattklubbslivet - Night life.
Då: Daniel var anonym och befann han sig ute på lokal var det ingen som brydde sig.
Nu: I dag eskorteras Daniel i största hemlighet in på nattklubbarna Stockholm. Han behandlas mer eller mindre som en kung på innekrogar som Café Opera och Sturecompagniet.
English summary: Before he was anonymous and no one cared about him when he was out. Today he is escorted in to the best nighclubs, and is treated as a king at the most trendy places.

Mediabevakningen - Media coverage.
Då: En irriterad och arg Westling fräste åt journalister och slängde igen dörrar.
Nu: I dag är han trevlig och hälsar ofta på journalister han möter. Samtidigt som han inte gillar uppmärksamhet har han berättat att han förstår sig på pressen bättre nu. En totalförändring.
English summary: Before he was angry at journalists and slammed dors at them and said things. Today he is polite and greets journalists he meets. At the same time as he doesn't like attention, he has said that he understands them better now.

Kändisskapet - Being famous.
Då: Såg Daniel en kändisfotograf lade han benen på ryggen och kutade iväg.
Nu: Betydligt mer avslappnad. I somras ställde han till och med upp på bild för veckopressen i och med att besökte tennisveckan i Båstad. Sin första tidningsintervju gav han för en skoltidning i Ockelbo.
English summary: Before if he saw a photographer, he ran as fast as he could. Today he is more relaxed. During the tennis week in Båstad he even agreed to appear on a picture, and he has given his first interview to a school paper.

Livet med Victoria - Life with Victoria.
Då: Paret smög länge med sin kärlek och umgicks mest hemma hos varandra.
Nu: Daniel och Victoria syns ofta och ogenerat tillsammans. De går på restaurang, basketmatcher, handlar på NK och myser med varandra i biosalongerna.
English summary: In the beginning the couple sneaked around with their relationship and mostly met a each others apartments. Now they walk around as a normal couple: they go to restaurants, shop at NK and get cosy at the cinema.

Last edited:
English summary: Before if he saw a photographer, he ran as fast as he could. Today he is more relaxed. During the tennis week in Båstad he even agreed to appear on a picture, and he has given his first interview to a school paper
Yes, and if he would now even smile in the pictures, it would be perfect ;)

English summary: In the beginning the couple sneaked around with their relationship and mostly met a each others apartments. Now they walk around as a normal couple: they go to restaurants, shop at NK and get cosy at the cinema.
Snuggling in the Cinema...what a pity, that Nyhlén and his camera weren´t there so far ;) Well, shouldn´t be so curious.

Thank you for posting and writing an english summary, GrandDuchess :)

ETW looking very happy in the background, probably proud of her self for dressing Victoria in such a mature way.:rolleyes:
:D haha, good one

BTW I don´t think that an engagement will take place before the Nobel prize award...or at least not in the following four weeks. This would then mean, that Daniel would have to be present at the award ceremony and at the gala. And I can´t imagine that they would "confront" him with such an big event (usually the biggest event in the schedule of the SRF) in the beginning.
Further Victoria has lately denied wedding rumours (which were published in this german magazine) via her lawyer. So it would look a little bit strange, if she would get engaged now...only my thoughts...maybe I´m wrong...what do others think on this?

I read on Hola.com today that Victoria has decided that she will get married with Daniel and that he is starting to prepare for his role as the consort of the future queen. Hmmmm.. is this the rumor mill or is it true?

If they were to marry, I don't think that they'll be an announcement of it until Daniel has passed the Prince Consort Boot Camp with flying colors...

ennyllorac said:
I read on Hola.com today that Victoria has decided that she will get married with Daniel and that he is starting to prepare for his role as the consort of the future queen. Hmmmm.. is this the rumor mill or is it true?
Well, there is no evidence. But we actually never had evidences in the other Royal families too (think of Felipe and Letizia, Frederik and Mary, Haakon and MM...). We only have noticed more and more "signs" (the engagement of Felipe and Letizia excluded...I mean, nobody of the Royal watchers and journalists knew it before), which the couples gave to us. And judging the signs, I would say it becomes indeed serious between princess Victoria and Daniel Westling. So I would say, an engagement becomes more and more likely.

Moonlightrhapsody said:
If they were to marry, I don't think that they'll be an announcement of it until Daniel has passed the Prince Consort Boot Camp with flying colors...
funny post :D But I´ve to think of princess Mary´s danish boot camp. And with no doubt she hasn´t finished it on May 14th! And what should Daniel really learn? Yes, he has to refresh his english...but I doubt that he eats with his fingers, burps and doesn´t know how to dress a tailcoat. Of course he needs to know things about politics and history, but he could learn shortly before his first engagements. For example if Denmark would pay a state visit to Sweden, he would know months before and could read about Denmark and its monarchy.

GrandDuchess said:
This is how Victoria has changed Daniel's life

Home.
His last apartment was not good enough, and Säpo complained about the security. Now he has a new exclusive apartment, which Victoria has helped him decorate.

Job.
His gym business was doing fine before, but since be got together with Victoria, it has turned out to become a real goldmine. His circle of customers has grown, and he's also started a new gym.

Car.
Before a red Alfa Romeo that he changed as soon as the press found out what he drove. Today he has a luxurious SUV, and Princess Madeleine has the same one.
I wonder why he gave up the Alfa? imo, a better car (for prestige) than a commonized SUV.

Circle of friends.
Before mostly his Ockelbo pals and a few golfers he got to know via his gym. Today, he has gotten a lot of friends in the Stockholm society, among them Victoria's friends Niclas Engsäll and Christoffer Cederlund.
I wonder if he still has his Oclelbo buddies, or if they have been blown off the scale by the haughtiness/richess/statusness of the Stockholm set ?

Night life.
Before he was anonymous and no one cared about him when he was out. Today he is escorted in to the best nighclubs, and is treated as a king at the most trendy places.

Media coverage.
Before he was angry at journalists and slammed doors at them and said things. Today he is polite and greets journalists he meets.

Being famous.
Before if he saw a photographer, he ran as fast as he could. Today he is more relaxed. During the tennis week in Båstad he even agreed to appear on a picture, and he has given his first interview to a school paper.

Life with Victoria.
In the beginning the couple sneaked around with their relationship and mostly met a each others apartments. Now they walk around as a normal couple: they go to restaurants, shop at NK and get cosy at the cinema.
most interesting translation.

thank you, GrandDuchess.

hrhcp said:
I wonder if he still has his Oclelbo buddies, or if they have been blown off the scale by the haughtiness/richess/statusness of the Stockholm set ?
Good question...wonder the same. But I remember that he said in the interview in June, that he still knows, who he is and who his friends are. So this sounds as if he could count on his old friends, and the friends on him (?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom