The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 12:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

I agree that it would ludicrous to just keep dating Daniel till she's 33. I was speaking in more abstract terms. ( I don't see him as her future husband...)

Old 09-15-2006, 07:43 PM
Courtier

Well let´s hope that an engagement is comming closer, but i don´t think it will happen this year beacuse then Daniel would probably do his first official apperance at Nobel and i don´t think the king & queen would like that, he would ofcourse overshadow everything else and the media would have a fieldday trying to find any tiny fault in behaviour etc. No i think that the engagement will come in the winter/spring next year, it is certainly about time now... So i´m hoping for a wedding in summer/autumn next year

Old 09-24-2006, 10:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Seeing this pic, I believe to have a theory, why Victoria seems so disinterested in Daniel of late.
Remember the old Daniel...the one from 2003 or 2004. One could nearly smell the odour of Socialdemocracy coming out of every skin pore. A strong body, raised by parents, who had time, who didn´t ask their children to curtsy and smile. Oh what tremendous luxury this must have meant for Victoria...cosy evenings, with Pizza from ICA and brain-mashing docu soaps like "Expedition Robinson"...washing Pappa Olle´s car with ordinary car cleaning agents...that´s luxury, you can´t pay with an black AMEX (well, you can, but it´s peanuts )
And then this Daniel in the pic...smell of hair wax, I guess (And I think it smells bad)...he is a copy of a Stureplan brat or of his mentors (Christdemocrat and mentor, Göran Hägglund and Daniel). A copy is never as good as the original...and Victoria is surrounded of the originals. I think Victoria isn´t able to live without financial luxury and I think, Daniel isn´t meant to play a role all his life. I guess it was a nice trip into an other world-for both...but just a trip, you come home from...and you do the things, you are meant to do. It will end, I´m sure it will...

Picture by polfoto. Pathetic Sunday sermon by me
Old 09-25-2006, 06:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

Haha, Lena you are full of surprises :)

I agree, its not the same Daniel we first saw. But after all, we all change and as we dont know him its impossible to say if its for better or worse.
But the athlete - style suited him better imo! (And it goes with Victoria´s style to!)
Old 09-25-2006, 06:35 AM
Courtier

In one of our magazines it was the whole article about Daniel dropping Victoria. I was SO ANGRY! Because they write about things, they have no idea about. It was called: "The masseur dropped future queen".
Old 09-25-2006, 07:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofcelts
In one of our magazines it was the whole article about Daniel dropping Victoria. I was SO ANGRY! Because they write about things, they have no idea about. It was called: "The masseur dropped future queen".
The masseur?! Thats new :) Some magazines are just so silly... its so obvious the articles are fake its just... silly *lol*
Old 10-30-2006, 08:22 PM
Nobility

From what I've reas in this forums so far, it seems there are many things which need to be confirmed. It may just be my observation but I think that both CP Victoria and Daniel have decided to go their seperate ways but to keep up appearances until it is conducive to announce their separation.

I by not means wish them ill, I too want to see them happily married but I think that victoria has to bear in mind her duties. Also she can't wait too long as her other siblings desire to marry and it means that she must be married soon.

I also think that she has had time to consider all she needs. Hence I suspect her interest (not instantaneous) in the Diplomatic Programme and subsequent Internship. She may be feeling the pangs of married life that she longs for and knows that she'll have to deliver an ultimatum to Daniel (if indeed it is necessary.)

Although she is accustomed to royal rank, privilage and the royal court; he appears (after 4 or more years of dating) appears not (dipite his amazing transformation into an Executive.) Please correct the statement if I'm wrong about this.

I only hope that as they've dated for so long that they make a decision once and for all. As no-one more than CP Victoria is aware of the fact that other individuals in her family will be effected by her decision. Let's hope that it turns out for the best for her. :O)
Old 10-31-2006, 08:20 AM
Commoner

Why has Victoria's marriage anything to do with her siblings' marriage? Why should she get married first? I really don't think it is the case that her siblings are forbidden from getting married until Victoria does so. It wasn't the case in Denmark either. And actually it wasn't the case even in England since Princess Anne got married earlier than Prince Charles and it wasn't yesterday and as we all know the British monarchy is far the most old-fashioned one. So I don't know where the idea of her must marrying first came from?!
Old 10-31-2006, 10:13 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by melike2
Why has Victoria's marriage anything to do with her siblings' marriage? Why should she get married first? I really don't think it is the case that her siblings are forbidden from getting married until Victoria does so. It wasn't the case in Denmark either. And actually it wasn't the case even in England since Princess Anne got married earlier than Prince Charles and it wasn't yesterday and as we all know the British monarchy is far the most old-fashioned one. So I don't know where the idea of her must marrying first came from?!
Thats a good point melike2. As a new moderator to the Swedish forums...I have been trying to become familiar with the Swedish Royal House...and as of yet, I have seen any "proof" that Carl Phillip and Madeline must wait to marry until Victoria marries. Rather...I think the younger siblings are just not ready to get married as of yet.

On another note...I also question on whether Daniel will marry Victoria. At least not within the next year or so.....from what I gather...he is trying to build up a business..so at least he will appear worth to marry the future Queen of Sweden. Sorry, if my opinion offends anyone!
Old 10-31-2006, 12:30 PM
Nobility

As I said from what I read within this forum and I also added If I'm incorrect about this that the statement can be corrected

Quote:
Old 10-31-2006, 12:42 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I believe, it comes from the fact that Carl Philip said he would wait until Victoria was married to marry himself. Is his thing is not forbidden. I wish I could point the exact source, where I read it, but i dont remember. Please take this a personal opinion
Old 10-31-2006, 01:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Sigh! The poor woman. I would not want to be in her shoes.
Old 10-31-2006, 01:22 PM
Commoner

victoria will marry one day!! i mean patience you know!!! she'll marry when she and her BF feel like they are ready!! must be obvious! is there an engagement ceremony or smthin like public?when a princess or prince wants to get married? k guys tc all tnx
Old 10-31-2006, 02:13 PM
Courtier

Who here thinks that Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling will marry sometime in 2007?

I'm not so sure that they will but then again they could surprise us all and marry next year.

I think if they don't marry by 2008 then the won't marry at all.
Old 11-01-2006, 07:18 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gita
I think if they don't marry by 2008 then the won't marry at all.
I totally agree because by then they would have been dating for 5/6 years that they would have to progress to the next level and get engaged/married. Also she has to decide if he is truly "the one" or she would have wasted 5/6 years being with him.
Old 11-01-2006, 07:34 AM
Gentry

Do you think there will be an engagement after the nobel prices?
Old 11-01-2006, 11:56 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roshanah
As I said from what I read within this forum and I also added If I'm incorrect about this that the statement can be corrected
Yes, I know. This is why I asked because I have read about it several times here and I just don't know why it is treated as a fact. I had no idea where it came from.
Actually I am also of the opinion that they are not ready for marriage yet.
Old 11-15-2006, 09:41 AM
Courtier

I don't think they will split up yet. Yes I think they will split up if they are not married by the end of summer 2008 but I think they still have a while to think about marriage yet. I doubt they will marry in 2007 but definately 2008 they will marry or then they will split up. I don't think they are ready for marriage next year, an engagment yes but no not marriage.
Old 11-17-2006, 03:28 PM
Commoner

When it comes to the rumour about a television host i suppose it is the old rumour about Richard Sjöberg which has been recycled. He is however married since last year.
Last weekend Victoria, Daniel, Carl Philip and Emma all attended the wedding between Louise Lundberg, daughter of property and forrestry tyccoon Fredrik Lundberg, and Johan Insulander-Lindh whose mother is one of swedens best known lawyers. There was an article (with photos of the crownprincess only) in Expressen, see link below. Svensk Damtidning has photos of both V&D and C-P&E together as well as a long article where it is said that V&D sat beside each others far back at the church while C-P&E sat some distance from each other.

http://www.expressen.se/index.jsp?a=750781
http://www.ritva.com/_private/tid5675sdt_s.jpg
http://www.ritva.com/_private/tid5675a.jpg
http://www.ritva.com/_private/tid5675b.jpg
http://www.ritva.com/_private/tid5675c.jpg
Old 11-21-2006, 02:27 AM
Aristocracy

Well, maybe the CP Victoria wants to do what alot of us 20 and 30-somethings seem to do, which is co-habit with someone before they are married. And maybe she will..i just feel bad for her b/c she is so in the public's eye all the time and I do not think the media will be very supportive if she were to live with her boyfriend.. any drama is good drama I guess. I just hope she follows her heart and not her mind b/c really whatever she chooses I think the Swedish people will be fine with that...

Closed Thread

Tags
crown princess victoria, daniel westling, relationships