The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 09:16 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie
Because you can never know for sure ( I think so though :) )
But remember Daniel Collert... He and Victoria dated for 8 years and even if they were young they were still at "marrige-age".But then they, as we all know, split up.
Also I think Daniel W might not be to happy about beeing in the public eye for the rest of his life...
but its almost as if they have taken it "to far" to back out... They have even been out "officially" (=mentioned in the official calendar) once.

But, who knows what will happend!
Daniel Collert is popping up a lot in media recently. He was obviously in USA for some years. Now he's back in Sweden and is aiming for a career as some kind of film director.

I don't know, is it totally far-fetched to suggest that Victoria is getting tired of the plain Daniel Westling and that the more sophisticated Daniel Collert will be an item once again ??

There's nothing like reviving old hits

Old 07-25-2006, 07:36 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Yes that is Daniel Collert, Victorias high school sweetheart :) They met at Enskilda gymnasiet and dated for 7 years... they even lived together in New York for a while.. Daniel Collert was more of a Stureplans brat, familiar in the royal circles and raised in the posh neigborhood Djursholm.
Toledo, those DC pix are so cute :p I didn't even like him back then. Every other Swedish guy is metrosexual these days so there's nothing alarming with his looks and the way he holds the cigarrette.

Yennie, in my opion DW is trying his utmost to outshine the born Stureplan brats, building a life in and around the high society. In many ways DC would be a more natural match for Victoria.

Personally, I think DW will rise to the occasion once the engagement is announced. But he has to sort out what's the most important in life; his gym career or his love (and the chance to get a place in the Swedish history books.)

Old 07-26-2006, 06:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daneborn

Yennie, in my opion DW is trying his utmost to outshine the born Stureplan brats, building a life in and around the high society. In many ways DC would be a more natural match for Victoria.
I agree...have you listened to the radio interviews with him? He seemed sooo very nice, not very brat-ish, rather a dreamer. I would love to see him back on Victoriaīs side, BUT
a) he talks a lot about his social phobias these days and so a Royal working day would need to start with a Valium pill...or a therapist
b) he points out a lot, that he wouldnīt be prince material and that that with Victoria grew apart...so as if he would want to make sure, that thereīs no return. :(
So we can just hope, Daniel W. and Victoria will get out of their emotional freezer and will show us some feelings in the future (IMO the difference to the time with Collert is like day and night)...oh, and if itīs possible maybe a monster truck could drive over Danielīs glasses...then I would be satisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen
Obiously Nyhlen missed the picture where Daniel helps Victoria with her Necklace but it is strange how little the couple is seen together, Daniel is in his 30s and it must be weired at that age to behave like 13 year olds hiding their flavour of the week for their mothers.
Did he really help her? To me it looks, as if he just stood there and looked...well...like Daniel always looks :o
In fact no one forces them to hide that much. At least not at this point...after 4.5 years. They seem to ignore the Royal "How to introduce a future crown princess/prince consort"-plan and go steps back, instead of forward. Havenīt we seen them more open at weddings, havenīt we seen them more together at concerts or sports games, havenīt we heard Victoria more open speaking about him (I still donīt get over "wine with daddy" and her big love Jambo :p )?? Well, maybe if they would really marry in 2008 (I fear I have to agree with GrandDuchess here. If a wedding with Daniel W. at all, then in 2008...), they maybe have to save a few things for the audience of this show. Letīs take the kiss on the balcony...wouldnīt it crash the whole symbolic meaning, the whole choreography, if we would have seen them kissing 100 times before And maybe they self want to "save" some butterflies in the stomach. Not that easy, if you wait 6.5 years for the wedding. And so they maybe keep distance and donīt see each other that often.
Well, actually I still think it will end between them two. But what do I know...they donīt play the Royal dating game with the standard rules...so actually all is possible
Old 07-27-2006, 07:58 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandDuchess
I was also leaning towards thinking so earlier on, but then came the news about Victoria attending the Diplomat Programme from September 2006 to May 2007, and Svensk Damtidning writes that after that she will most likely be going through some kind of trainee or experience period (connected to the Diplomat Programme)...

So I don't understand how on earth she would have time with any wedding planning or dress fittings and the whole circus surrounding a royal wedding. Not to mention that the press would probably stalk her everywhere before the wedding, and it would take the concentration away from the studies at the Ministry for Foreign Affairs...

So now I'm thinking that there might not be a wedding in 2007 either... (and then there's of course the thing of Daniel having to "pop the question", when he really seems to be a person more fit for a down to earth family life, which will never happen with Victoria )
It could be a smoke screen. To me it sounds like she can get married in the summer and maybe do some more training at some embassy after the summer. Like an extended honey-moon.

The trainee programme will be a perfect way for Victoria to hide behind her glasses and ponytail within the walls of a well-guarded ministry or embassy building.

I don't think Victoria herself will do a lot of planning. She will of course have to try out dresses, but apart from that I believe a royal wedding is a far more formal event than an ordinary wedding. Silvia and especially Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg will monitor the planning of the events and other staff will carry out the details.

Seriously, do you think Mary, Frederik, Haakon or Mette-Marit were monitoring and doing a lot of planning regarding their weddings

Toledo > about the Madeleine and Daniel C thing
Old 07-27-2006, 08:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

I agree. they could get married in August/September like Haakon did then she would have about 3 months where she could take part in the preparations full time, and then it is still good chance of beautiful weather. Also since victoria will be doing the diplomat thing until may she wont be doing much official work and then Daniel will not do it either and can prepare whatever he needs to learn and do before the marriage. Then they can get engaged sometime after Nobel. And Daniel can officially be there when Victoria celebrated her 30th birthday next year. Perfect (for me who want another royal wedding, and especially a swedish one)
Old 07-27-2006, 08:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daneborn
Seriously, do you think Mary, Frederik, Haakon or Mette-Marit were monitoring and doing a lot of planning regarding their weddings
I know that royal weddings require a whole organisation within the Royal Court to plan, the Danish Crown Princely Wedding had a whole structure set up in order to take care of all the details. But even so, I think that the brides in question had influence on their weddings. It was their big day in life, and even if it was a national affair - it was also their day, and them saying yes to "crown and country".

For the Crown Princely wedding in Denmark for example, it was said that Queen Margrethe anc Crown Princess Mary, then Mary Donaldson, were the ones who together decided over the theme in the church and the idea for the decoration.

I would also say that Mette-Marit chose what kind of theme she wanted for her wedding, and she chose a quite modern version, with a gorgeous simple dress and a lot of white flowers (and her bouquet was not a classic bouquet, it was a long twined/braided set of flowers that went from her hands and in a long row down towards the ground). It matched her taste, looking at pictures from their home at Skaugum, the couple seems to be into modern design.
Old 08-09-2006, 11:09 AM
Nobility

They've been going out for some time. Do you think they will get married. Any hints?
Old 08-09-2006, 05:29 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessDianafan
They've been going out for some time. Do you think they will get married. Any hints?
Well, that depends. Nobody knows with this couple. It must be tough for Victoria though to know that people are expecting her to get married soon since she is basically the last heir left unmarried. Also stressful for Daniel since he will most likely (actually, who knows? Victoria might!) be the one to pop the question.
Old 08-09-2006, 07:17 PM
Courtier

People have been saying since the autumn of 2003 that an engagment is near but of course one has never been announced. They could be engaged privately though. The earliest a wedding can take place is August 2007.
Old 08-09-2006, 09:14 PM
Commoner

Nice for them.
Old 08-09-2006, 10:12 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by soCal girl
Well, that depends. Nobody knows with this couple. It must be tough for Victoria though to know that people are expecting her to get married soon since she is basically the last heir left unmarried. Also stressful for Daniel since he will most likely (actually, who knows? Victoria might!) be the one to pop the question.
Victoria should be like Daniel marry me or get out of my face because Sweden wants to see a little Victoria around... Just saying.

Old 08-10-2006, 05:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think they must do something soon. Their relationship has been so "open" for many years now. I hope that they will announce their engagement this fall and that we will get a royal wedding in 2007!
I dont want to play age-police here, but they are both in their 30īs now so what are they waiting for?!
Old 08-10-2006, 08:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I think they must do something soon. Their relationship has been so "open" for many years now. I hope that they will announce their engagement this fall and that we will get a royal wedding in 2007!
I dont want to play age-police here, but they are both in their 30īs now so what are they waiting for?!
Yes, and I think it's quite rediculous how they have now begun to hide their feelings and affection for each other in Sweden, they don't want to be seen together at - but when they're abroad it's no problem. Of course it has to do with the media, but they've been a couple for almost 4 years now, and we've seen them close together in previous pictures - so really, it's rediculous!

Also, I read an article in Aftonbladet last week where it said that it's not only the female's age that is a risk factor in a pregnancy - a new American studie showed that also the male's age was a key factor... And I suppose Victoria wants a few children, so her biological clock is also ticking...

If it wasn't for Victoria's internship next summer, connected to her diplomat programme, I would also guess for a wedding next summer. But now I don't know. Of course August could be one option... It depends on how long this internship will be.
Old 08-10-2006, 12:38 PM
Courtier

September 2006 - May 2007 her internship run for.
Old 08-10-2006, 01:16 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
I'm not a big fan of Daniel but if he makes CP Victoria happy I'm all for it. Biological clocks aside though, I think they're really taking their time making the commitment because (just my opinion and I could be wrong...) Daniel won't have the freedom he has now once they tie the knot. He'll be standing behind her a lot and would probably end up giving up all (or most of) his free time to be the proper consort to his wife. Somehow, I don't see him as the type of guy to take backseat to anyone. I think he would want to be out and up front with Victoria, which wouldn't be possible once they got married. He'll got swallowed up with all that protocol and be made to toe the line - much like Prince Philip had to do with Queen Elizabeth. Again, this is only my opinion - anyone out there think this may not be the case? I welcome a discussion :) Have a great day all :)
Old 08-10-2006, 06:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gita
September 2006 - May 2007 her internship run for.
No, that's the Diplomat Programme at the Ministry for Foreign Affairs. The internship is another thing (the Diplomat Programme isn't an internship, it's an educational programme) that the media has reported will take place in the summer of 2007 (hence why I don't have much faith in a wedding until 2008, if she'll be busy working all the time). After her education in the Diplomat Programme, they have said that she will do an internship somewhere, to use what she's learned during the year.
Old 08-10-2006, 06:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Argh, i thought the internship and the diplomat program was the same thing. IMO nothing good will come out of this delaying and delaying and delaying. Two years ago Daniel had mostly good press, he was seen as a normal boy who worked hard and accomplished quite alot. But now they write about his makeover, his luxury suits, his cars, how beeing the boyfriend of the Crown Princess helped his gyms and how they now dont do to well afterall and so on and so on.

It would be IMO different if we saw picture of a radiantly happy Victoria next to Daniel every now and then, like we saw with Haakon WA and Frederik, but no such luck with Victoria, mostly she looks annoyed when they are photographed together.

Maybe she has nerves for the engagment press conference, its a hard act to follow her mother and father and their super chamring engagment interview, it is my all time favourite royal interview
http://svt.se/svt/road/Classic/share...51164&a=577205
Old 08-10-2006, 06:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Professional women manage to fit weddings and marriage into their schedules just like men have always done. She is a regent in training just like her counterparts around Europe. If they all have managed to get married Victoria will too. She is only 29 and still have time to start a family. We may very well see a wedding next spring / early summer.
Old 08-11-2006, 07:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Argh, i thought the internship and the diplomat program was the same thing. IMO nothing good will come out of this delaying and delaying and delaying.
Yeah, tell me about it! Her internship next summer hasn't been officially announced yet, I've only read it twice in the media - so there's still time to change her mind on this... Waiting until 2008 would be a bit too much I would say - she would then be 31 years old, Daniel would be 35 (beginning to sound like the endless bachelor...) - and they will have been a couple for 6 years!

Quote:
Two years ago Daniel had mostly good press, he was seen as a normal boy who worked hard and accomplished quite alot. But now they write about his makeover, his luxury suits, his cars, how beeing the boyfriend of the Crown Princess helped his gyms and how they now dont do to well afterall and so on and so on.

It would be IMO different if we saw picture of a radiantly happy Victoria next to Daniel every now and then, like we saw with Haakon WA and Frederik, but no such luck with Victoria, mostly she looks annoyed when they are photographed together.

Maybe she has nerves for the engagment press conference, its a hard act to follow her mother and father and their super chamring engagment interview, it is my all time favourite royal interview
http://svt.se/svt/road/Classic/share...51164&a=577205
I couldn't agree more. This whole makeover to this posh Stureplan brat has only made it harder for him to be accepted by the people. At least the people I know say that he's no longer himself, but a made-up person who looks like a dress-up doll and is uncomfortable with it.

Of course he needed a little better style, going from the old trucker caps and baggy clothes, but turning him into this stiff business chap looking like he's just arrived from the 80's was not a good idea... They could've taught him how to dress nice, and be casually elegant - not making him look like Clark Kent (as Daniel Nyhlén said).

And this about Victoria and Daniel not wanting to show their love in public is just rediculous. After 4 years, everyone knows about them. If we would see pictures of them being loving towards each other, that would only help their position and the public's feeling, I would say.
Old 08-11-2006, 03:40 PM
Courtier

Can you seriously imagine them waiting until 2008 for a wedding? I can't.

Tags
crown princess victoria, daniel westling, relationships