Crown Princess Victoria & Daniel Westling: Relationship Discussion (2002-2007)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that it would ludicrous to just keep dating Daniel till she's 33. I was speaking in more abstract terms. ( I don't see him as her future husband...)

Well let´s hope that an engagement is comming closer, but i don´t think it will happen this year beacuse then Daniel would probably do his first official apperance at Nobel and i don´t think the king & queen would like that, he would ofcourse overshadow everything else and the media would have a fieldday trying to find any tiny fault in behaviour etc. No i think that the engagement will come in the winter/spring next year, it is certainly about time now... So i´m hoping for a wedding in summer/autumn next year :rolleyes: :bang:

Seeing this pic, I believe to have a theory, why Victoria seems so disinterested in Daniel of late.
Remember the old Daniel...the one from 2003 or 2004. One could nearly smell the odour of Socialdemocracy coming out of every skin pore. A strong body, raised by parents, who had time, who didn´t ask their children to curtsy and smile. Oh what tremendous luxury this must have meant for Victoria...cosy evenings, with Pizza from ICA and brain-mashing docu soaps like "Expedition Robinson"...washing Pappa Olle´s car with ordinary car cleaning agents...that´s luxury, you can´t pay with an black AMEX (well, you can, but it´s peanuts ;))
And then this Daniel in the pic...smell of hair wax, I guess (And I think it smells bad)...he is a copy of a Stureplan brat or of his mentors (Christdemocrat and mentor, Göran Hägglund and Daniel). A copy is never as good as the original...and Victoria is surrounded of the originals. I think Victoria isn´t able to live without financial luxury and I think, Daniel isn´t meant to play a role all his life. I guess it was a nice trip into an other world-for both...but just a trip, you come home from...and you do the things, you are meant to do. It will end, I´m sure it will...

Picture by polfoto. Pathetic Sunday sermon by me ;)

Haha, Lena you are full of surprises :)

I agree, its not the same Daniel we first saw. But after all, we all change and as we dont know him its impossible to say if its for better or worse.
But the athlete - style suited him better imo! (And it goes with Victoria´s style to!)

In one of our magazines it was the whole article about Daniel dropping Victoria. I was SO ANGRY! Because they write about things, they have no idea about. It was called: "The masseur dropped future queen".

queenofcelts said:
In one of our magazines it was the whole article about Daniel dropping Victoria. I was SO ANGRY! Because they write about things, they have no idea about. It was called: "The masseur dropped future queen".
The masseur?! Thats new :) Some magazines are just so silly... its so obvious the articles are fake its just... silly *lol*

From what I've reas in this forums so far, it seems there are many things which need to be confirmed. It may just be my observation but I think that both CP Victoria and Daniel have decided to go their seperate ways but to keep up appearances until it is conducive to announce their separation.

I by not means wish them ill, I too want to see them happily married but I think that victoria has to bear in mind her duties. Also she can't wait too long as her other siblings desire to marry and it means that she must be married soon.

I also think that she has had time to consider all she needs. Hence I suspect her interest (not instantaneous) in the Diplomatic Programme and subsequent Internship. She may be feeling the pangs of married life that she longs for and knows that she'll have to deliver an ultimatum to Daniel (if indeed it is necessary.)

Although she is accustomed to royal rank, privilage and the royal court; he appears (after 4 or more years of dating) appears not (dipite his amazing transformation into an Executive.) Please correct the statement if I'm wrong about this.

I only hope that as they've dated for so long that they make a decision once and for all. As no-one more than CP Victoria is aware of the fact that other individuals in her family will be effected by her decision. Let's hope that it turns out for the best for her. :O):flowers:

Last edited:
Why has Victoria's marriage anything to do with her siblings' marriage? Why should she get married first? I really don't think it is the case that her siblings are forbidden from getting married until Victoria does so. It wasn't the case in Denmark either. And actually it wasn't the case even in England since Princess Anne got married earlier than Prince Charles and it wasn't yesterday and as we all know the British monarchy is far the most old-fashioned one. So I don't know where the idea of her must marrying first came from?!

melike2 said:
Why has Victoria's marriage anything to do with her siblings' marriage? Why should she get married first? I really don't think it is the case that her siblings are forbidden from getting married until Victoria does so. It wasn't the case in Denmark either. And actually it wasn't the case even in England since Princess Anne got married earlier than Prince Charles and it wasn't yesterday and as we all know the British monarchy is far the most old-fashioned one. So I don't know where the idea of her must marrying first came from?!

Thats a good point melike2. As a new moderator to the Swedish forums...I have been trying to become familiar with the Swedish Royal House...and as of yet, I have seen any "proof" that Carl Phillip and Madeline must wait to marry until Victoria marries. Rather...I think the younger siblings are just not ready to get married as of yet.

On another note...I also question on whether Daniel will marry Victoria. At least not within the next year or so.....from what I gather...he is trying to build up a business..so at least he will appear worth to marry the future Queen of Sweden. Sorry, if my opinion offends anyone!

As I said from what I read within this forum and I also added If I'm incorrect about this that the statement can be corrected

melike2 said:
:flowers:

melike2 said:

I believe, it comes from the fact that Carl Philip said he would wait until Victoria was married to marry himself. Is his thing is not forbidden. I wish I could point the exact source, where I read it, but i dont remember. Please take this a personal opinion

Sigh! The poor woman. I would not want to be in her shoes.

victoria will marry one day!! i mean patience you know!!! she'll marry when she and her BF feel like they are ready!! must be obvious! is there an engagement ceremony or smthin like public?when a princess or prince wants to get married? k guys tc all tnx

Who here thinks that Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling will marry sometime in 2007?

I'm not so sure that they will but then again they could surprise us all and marry next year.

I think if they don't marry by 2008 then the won't marry at all.

Gita said:
I think if they don't marry by 2008 then the won't marry at all.

I totally agree because by then they would have been dating for 5/6 years that they would have to progress to the next level and get engaged/married. Also she has to decide if he is truly "the one" or she would have wasted 5/6 years being with him.

Roshanah said:
As I said from what I read within this forum and I also added If I'm incorrect about this that the statement can be corrected:flowers:

Yes, I know. This is why I asked because I have read about it several times here and I just don't know why it is treated as a fact. I had no idea where it came from.
Actually I am also of the opinion that they are not ready for marriage yet.

I don't think they will split up yet. Yes I think they will split up if they are not married by the end of summer 2008 but I think they still have a while to think about marriage yet. I doubt they will marry in 2007 but definately 2008 they will marry or then they will split up. I don't think they are ready for marriage next year, an engagment yes but no not marriage.

When it comes to the rumour about a television host i suppose it is the old rumour about Richard Sjöberg which has been recycled. He is however married since last year.
Last weekend Victoria, Daniel, Carl Philip and Emma all attended the wedding between Louise Lundberg, daughter of property and forrestry tyccoon Fredrik Lundberg, and Johan Insulander-Lindh whose mother is one of swedens best known lawyers. There was an article (with photos of the crownprincess only) in Expressen, see link below. Svensk Damtidning has photos of both V&D and C-P&E together as well as a long article where it is said that V&D sat beside each others far back at the church while C-P&E sat some distance from each other.

http://www.expressen.se/index.jsp?a=750781
http://www.ritva.com/_private/tid5675sdt_s.jpg
http://www.ritva.com/_private/tid5675a.jpg
http://www.ritva.com/_private/tid5675b.jpg
http://www.ritva.com/_private/tid5675c.jpg

Last edited:
Well, maybe the CP Victoria wants to do what alot of us 20 and 30-somethings seem to do, which is co-habit with someone before they are married. And maybe she will..i just feel bad for her b/c she is so in the public's eye all the time and I do not think the media will be very supportive if she were to live with her boyfriend.. any drama is good drama I guess. I just hope she follows her heart and not her mind b/c really whatever she chooses I think the Swedish people will be fine with that...

I found this article in one of the most monarchic diaries of Spain and I don't know what to make of it:wacko:

http://www.abc.es/20061123/gente-gente/victoria-suecia-deja-novio_200611230245.html

Victoria of Sweden leaves her commoner Boyfriend

Although expected, the news that the Royal House Cronist Sten Heman in the «SE» has fallen like a real bomb in the swedish society.

Hedman assures that CP Victoria, after 5 years of relationship has decided to end things with Daniel Westling.

The motives are very clear: Victoria has realized that neither her father the King nor the swedish people are very pleased about the relationship and on the other hand, the tax evasion; Daniel tried to avoid paying taxes for things he should so it got to a lot of rumors.

What do you think of this?:wacko::wacko:

I don't believe in it for a second!

First "Se", i suppose it is "Se och Hör" isn't among the more thrustworthy gossipmagazines, and the Swedish tabloids has nothing about it on their homepages which means that they doesn't believe in it either so this bomb must have fallen within a very small section of Swedish society.
Second there is nothing about Daniels taxation that is particularly interesting. Most of the money was either his businesspartners or the companys. The sum was nowhere near big enough for a prosecutor to be interested in it Daniels own part of it was that he wrote less than a thousand euros to little in his incomestatement and thus avoided about 300 euros in taxes. I would say that princess Madeleines parking and driving habits is a much bigger publicityproblem and so is probably the kings way of driving as well.

Is it another not confirmed or maybe confirmed rumour?
If I good remember they were together with CP&E on some wedding few days ago.

magnik said:
Is it another not confirmed or maybe confirmed rumour?
If I good remember they were together with CP&E on some wedding few days ago.

Yes, exactly. They have been at a wedding together about 12 days ago and both looked happy.
And one shouldn´t forget, that the Swedish SOH has also written often about a breakup of Emma and Carl Philip and this in times, when it absolutely wasn´t comprehensible.
Unfortunately the Swedish SOH changed from a more or less "good" magazine to a mag, that confuses its readers with headlines on the cover and in the mag, they have nothing to offer. And actually one would expect, that they check other media or agencies for informations. If, they would have done this, they would have known about the wedding.

Smilla said:
Stranger things have happened...in Norway, for instance. :)
Oh, you could also think of him as a "successful businessman and entrepreneur", which sounds much more...successful.
Well, wait and see. Maybe they're about to split up anyway.

His gyms are not so successful any more. Marriages of this kind undermine the monarchy. It is not unusual that women fall for their personal trainers. Butshe should have withdrawn from the beginning, knowing her position.

Why should have Crown Princess Victoria stopped dating the man whom she loves because he is not from a privileged background?

violante said:
His gyms are not so successful any more. Marriages of this kind undermine the monarchy. It is not unusual that women fall for their personal trainers. Butshe should have withdrawn from the beginning, knowing her position.

Well, the poor woman will have to marry someone eventually (unless she wants to be single all her lifeand not have a child to continue the monarchy); given her position, she'll have little choice but marrying "that kind of man". You make this seem like a sordid little affair, but hey! She has a right to a private life, a partner of her choice, and even to a couple of dating mistakes. Victoria is an intelligent woman. She's not an airhead that "falls for her personal trainer" for no reason except his sixpacks.

Smilla said:
Well, the poor woman will have to marry someone eventually (unless she wants to be single all her lifeand not have a child to continue the monarchy); given her position, she'll have little choice but marrying "that kind of man". You make this seem like a sordid little affair, but hey! She has a right to a private life, a partner of her choice, and even to a couple of dating mistakes. Victoria is an intelligent woman. She's not an airhead that "falls for her personal trainer" for no reason except his sixpacks.

No, she can´t choose just "anyone". She should think of her position and her privileges as a Crown Princess. At least her parents seem to let time pass longer and longer, hopefully she will change her mind. If she is so much in love she can always abdicate,make her home in Ockelbo, there are two more siblings.

violante said:
No, she can´t choose just "anyone". She should think of her position and her privileges as a Crown Princess. At least her parents seem to let time pass longer and longer, hopefully she will change her mind. If she is so much in love she can always abdicate,make her home in Ockelbo, there are two more siblings.
True. I wish V all the best in her life. Time pass longer and longer. Maybe becouse she want to be sure that he is right guy for her husband, for a husband of the CPss and future Queen of Sweden.
If Victoria and Daniel are in love and want to marry? If Victoria will marry Daniel or any other man and she will recive approval for this marriage... Why she should abdicate?
But if f.ex. she would abdicate (love or any other reason) for CP what with all these people who wants her for their Queen? What with their confidence and love for her? They change the law for her. She is smart and sensible woman and I don't think that she will abdicate.

Last edited:
violante said:

Why should she abdicate? Did Felipe abdicate? Who eventually married a divorcee? Did Frederick? Mary D. wasn't exactly princess material, either. Did W-A? MAxima had a father who'd been a minister in the Pinochet regime. Did Hakoon? Marrying an ex-drug-abuser with a son out of wedlock? NO. None of them did. And is the world worse now? No. Daniel Westling may not be upper class, but he is neither divorced, nor does he have a kid out of wedlock, nor did he take drugs (as far as I know), nor was his father responsible for any torturing, nor did he take a starmakers course. So this guy has less of a colourful past than any of the new princesses - so - what's the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom