Crown Princess Victoria & Daniel Westling: Relationship Discussion (2002-2007)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Swedish Royal Family could be planning the wedding of princess Victoria

King Carlos Gustavo of Sweden has asked for the highest budget of history for next the three years, which has untied the rumors of a possible wedding of its daughter, princess Victoria.
The Swedish cut has requested a total of 334 million Swedish crowns, 30 million more than in the last exercise, but it has not wanted to pronounce itself on the matter.
Some Swedish journalists think that Victory and its fiancè, Daniel Westling, could commit officially this year and marry in 2007.

www.hola.com

That would be great! But perhaps he needs all the money to cover the costs of the celebrations in 2006? Well, we will see...:rolleyes:

Well it's been mentioned in Victoria's current events thread that she seems to be a little less scheduled in recent days than she has been habitually in the past. This has led to speculation on many parts, including my own, that she may be planning a wedding (one can only hope :) ). Afterall a royal wedding, especially one for the Crown Princess of Sweden, isn't something that just gets thrown together overnight...

Well what this article says could be one reason, but the Royal Court has wanted more money for a long time now, and now they've finally made direct request in preparations for the coming State Budget. I just posted some info about this request in the King & Queen's current events thread, you can read the post here.

Expressen also has an article on this theme today, that one of the reasons for the Royal Court's request could be a coming wedding. But I think it's just one reason, since we've heard the wish for raised allocations many times before.

The editor of Svensk Damtidning says to Expressen that she believes there will be an engagement this year and a wedding next year, which is interesting.

How do you think will Daniel propose to Viktoria?
Will he knee down in front of her hold her hand and look up direct into her eyes and ask her about her hand? :D

There is an article in Bunte-Magazine online today, that says that CP Victoria will get more money for her household in 2007 (1 Million). It is supposed that the money will not be spent for her own but for Daniel Westlings activities.. They think that this is a sign for a soon engagement after the king's birthday.:rolleyes:
You can find the article and some older pictures here http://www.bunte.t-online.de/c/75/11/86/7511868.html

fanletizia said:
The Swedish Royal Family could be planning the wedding of princess Victoria

King Carlos Gustavo of Sweden has asked for the highest budget of history for next the three years, which has untied the rumors of a possible wedding of its daughter, princess Victoria.
The Swedish cut has requested a total of 334 million Swedish crowns, 30 million more than in the last exercise, but it has not wanted to pronounce itself on the matter.
Some Swedish journalists think that Victory and its fiancè, Daniel Westling, could commit officially this year and marry in 2007.

www.hola.com

Iam sorry, but could someone explain what does it mean that he needs a total of "334" million Swedish crowns? Thank-you.:)

Laraib said:
Iam sorry, but could someone explain what does it mean that he needs a total of "334" million Swedish crowns? Thank-you.:)
I think it just means that the King has asked for a budget of 334 million Krona (crown = krona which is the currency of Sweden, just like the Euro or the Dollar in other countries) and this was 30 million Krona since the last budget.

Do anyone know whether the king like Daniel or not?

To put the request of 334 mill skr in perspective - one CEO of a large swedish company is making 1 mill skr per month according to a swedish newspaper.

grevinnan said:
To put the request of 334 mill skr in perspective - one CEO of a large swedish company is making 1 mill skr per month according to a swedish newspaper.
So the Royal House is asking a lot!:eek: :eek:
It only made people suspect a wedding:D

The numbers show they are not asking alot. If one person is making 12 mill/year and they are asking for 334 for themselves, staff, maintenance of real property, entertainment and everything else the amount requested is not that large.

grevinnan said:
The numbers show they are not asking alot. If one person is making 12 mill/year and they are asking for 334 for themselves, staff, maintenance of real property, entertainment and everything else the amount requested is not that large.

You're probably right and I think if they were asking money for Victoria's wedding it would be a lot more because she's the heir of the throne so it would be a huge celebration and that's expensive, besides we are already on April and still no proposal so I don't think it would happen anytime soon:cool:

I think they will be asking for alot more if victoria were to get married. I think they asked for the money for the King's birthday celebrations.

There is an article in Expressen today, which says that Victoria and Daniel probably will get engaged in January and that the marriage will be next summer...I don't know where they get their information, probably a "secret source" :p Perhaps someone can translate the article - my swedish is quite bad. You can find it here: http://expressen.se/index.jsp?a=576066

I hope that when she does get married her wedding is spectacular. It is not everyday you have a Royal Wedding where the bride is actually born to be Queen. :)

I think that Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel will Westling will marry in 2007 or not at all. I seriously cannot imagine them waiting until 2008.

May be Daniel will surprise us all?

Gita said:
I think that Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel will Westling will marry in 2007 or not at all. I seriously cannot imagine them waiting until 2008.
I was also leaning towards thinking so earlier on, but then came the news about Victoria attending the Diplomat Programme from September 2006 to May 2007, and Svensk Damtidning writes that after that she will most likely be going through some kind of trainee or experience period (connected to the Diplomat Programme)...

So I don't understand how on earth she would have time with any wedding planning or dress fittings and the whole circus surrounding a royal wedding. Not to mention that the press would probably stalk her everywhere before the wedding, and it would take the concentration away from the studies at the Ministry for Foreign Affairs...

So now I'm thinking that there might not be a wedding in 2007 either... (and then there's of course the thing of Daniel having to "pop the question", when he really seems to be a person more fit for a down to earth family life, which will never happen with Victoria :D)

Excellent point GrandDuchess. But waiting until 2008 for a wedding I seriosuly can't see that happening.

They could marry in August or September next year and have time off for wedding dress fittings. After all Madeleine took time off to go to
Brazil and celebrate her father's Birthday while at UNICEF.

Yennie said:
Because you can never know for sure ( I think so though :) )
But remember Daniel Collert... He and Victoria dated for 8 years and even if they were young they were still at "marrige-age".But then they, as we all know, split up.
Also I think Daniel W might not be to happy about beeing in the public eye for the rest of his life...
but its almost as if they have taken it "to far" to back out... They have even been out "officially" (=mentioned in the official calendar) once.

But, who knows what will happend!
Daniel Collert is popping up a lot in media recently. He was obviously in USA for some years. Now he's back in Sweden and is aiming for a career as some kind of film director.

I don't know, is it totally far-fetched to suggest that Victoria is getting tired of the plain Daniel Westling and that the more sophisticated Daniel Collert will be an item once again ??

There's nothing like reviving old hits ;)

Yennie said:
Yes that is Daniel Collert, Victorias high school sweetheart :) They met at Enskilda gymnasiet and dated for 7 years... they even lived together in New York for a while.. Daniel Collert was more of a Stureplans brat, familiar in the royal circles and raised in the posh neigborhood Djursholm.
Toledo, those DC pix are so cute :p I didn't even like him back then. Every other Swedish guy is metrosexual these days so there's nothing alarming with his looks and the way he holds the cigarrette.

Yennie, in my opion DW is trying his utmost to outshine the born Stureplan brats, building a life in and around the high society. In many ways DC would be a more natural match for Victoria.

Personally, I think DW will rise to the occasion once the engagement is announced. But he has to sort out what's the most important in life; his gym career or his love (and the chance to get a place in the Swedish history books.)

Daneborn said:
Yennie, in my opion DW is trying his utmost to outshine the born Stureplan brats, building a life in and around the high society. In many ways DC would be a more natural match for Victoria.

I agree...have you listened to the radio interviews with him? He seemed sooo very nice, not very brat-ish, rather a dreamer. I would love to see him back on Victoria´s side, BUT
a) he talks a lot about his social phobias these days and so a Royal working day would need to start with a Valium pill...or a therapist
b) he points out a lot, that he wouldn´t be prince material and that that with Victoria grew apart...so as if he would want to make sure, that there´s no return. :(
So we can just hope, Daniel W. and Victoria will get out of their emotional freezer and will show us some feelings in the future (IMO the difference to the time with Collert is like day and night)...oh, and if it´s possible maybe a monster truck could drive over Daniel´s glasses...then I would be satisfied :rolleyes:

Larzen said:
Obiously Nyhlen missed the picture where Daniel helps Victoria with her Necklace but it is strange how little the couple is seen together, Daniel is in his 30s and it must be weired at that age to behave like 13 year olds hiding their flavour of the week for their mothers.

Did he really help her? To me it looks, as if he just stood there and looked...well...like Daniel always looks :eek:
In fact no one forces them to hide that much. At least not at this point...after 4.5 years. They seem to ignore the Royal "How to introduce a future crown princess/prince consort"-plan and go steps back, instead of forward. Haven´t we seen them more open at weddings, haven´t we seen them more together at concerts or sports games, haven´t we heard Victoria more open speaking about him (I still don´t get over "wine with daddy" and her big love Jambo :p :rolleyes: )?? Well, maybe if they would really marry in 2008 (I fear I have to agree with GrandDuchess here. If a wedding with Daniel W. at all, then in 2008...), they maybe have to save a few things for the audience of this show. Let´s take the kiss on the balcony...wouldn´t it crash the whole symbolic meaning, the whole choreography, if we would have seen them kissing 100 times before :confused: And maybe they self want to "save" some butterflies in the stomach. Not that easy, if you wait 6.5 years for the wedding. And so they maybe keep distance and don´t see each other that often.
Well, actually I still think it will end between them two. But what do I know...they don´t play the Royal dating game with the standard rules...so actually all is possible :confused: :rolleyes:

GrandDuchess said:
I was also leaning towards thinking so earlier on, but then came the news about Victoria attending the Diplomat Programme from September 2006 to May 2007, and Svensk Damtidning writes that after that she will most likely be going through some kind of trainee or experience period (connected to the Diplomat Programme)...

So I don't understand how on earth she would have time with any wedding planning or dress fittings and the whole circus surrounding a royal wedding. Not to mention that the press would probably stalk her everywhere before the wedding, and it would take the concentration away from the studies at the Ministry for Foreign Affairs...

So now I'm thinking that there might not be a wedding in 2007 either... (and then there's of course the thing of Daniel having to "pop the question", when he really seems to be a person more fit for a down to earth family life, which will never happen with Victoria :D)
It could be a smoke screen. To me it sounds like she can get married in the summer and maybe do some more training at some embassy after the summer. Like an extended honey-moon.

The trainee programme will be a perfect way for Victoria to hide behind her glasses and ponytail within the walls of a well-guarded ministry or embassy building.

I don't think Victoria herself will do a lot of planning. She will of course have to try out dresses, but apart from that I believe a royal wedding is a far more formal event than an ordinary wedding. Silvia and especially Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg will monitor the planning of the events and other staff will carry out the details.

Seriously, do you think Mary, Frederik, Haakon or Mette-Marit were monitoring and doing a lot of planning regarding their weddings :confused:

Toledo > :eek: about the Madeleine and Daniel C thing

Last edited:
I agree. they could get married in August/September like Haakon did then she would have about 3 months where she could take part in the preparations full time, and then it is still good chance of beautiful weather. Also since victoria will be doing the diplomat thing until may she wont be doing much official work and then Daniel will not do it either and can prepare whatever he needs to learn and do before the marriage. Then they can get engaged sometime after Nobel. And Daniel can officially be there when Victoria celebrated her 30th birthday next year. Perfect (for me;) who want another royal wedding, and especially a swedish one)

Daneborn said:
Seriously, do you think Mary, Frederik, Haakon or Mette-Marit were monitoring and doing a lot of planning regarding their weddings :confused:
I know that royal weddings require a whole organisation within the Royal Court to plan, the Danish Crown Princely Wedding had a whole structure set up in order to take care of all the details. But even so, I think that the brides in question had influence on their weddings. It was their big day in life, and even if it was a national affair - it was also their day, and them saying yes to "crown and country".

For the Crown Princely wedding in Denmark for example, it was said that Queen Margrethe anc Crown Princess Mary, then Mary Donaldson, were the ones who together decided over the theme in the church and the idea for the decoration.

I would also say that Mette-Marit chose what kind of theme she wanted for her wedding, and she chose a quite modern version, with a gorgeous simple dress and a lot of white flowers (and her bouquet was not a classic bouquet, it was a long twined/braided set of flowers that went from her hands and in a long row down towards the ground). It matched her taste, looking at pictures from their home at Skaugum, the couple seems to be into modern design.

They've been going out for some time. Do you think they will get married. Any hints?

PrincessDianafan said:
They've been going out for some time. Do you think they will get married. Any hints?

Well, that depends. Nobody knows with this couple. It must be tough for Victoria though to know that people are expecting her to get married soon since she is basically the last heir left unmarried. Also stressful for Daniel since he will most likely (actually, who knows? Victoria might!) be the one to pop the question.

People have been saying since the autumn of 2003 that an engagment is near but of course one has never been announced. They could be engaged privately though. The earliest a wedding can take place is August 2007.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom