The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2005, 07:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Did not the Kings sisters who married after he became king have gala weddings?

Anyway, Im still not warm on a Daniel/Victoria wedding, would love a Carl Philip \Emma wedding this summer though

And BTW is it possible to get some new pictures of Victoria and Daniel together, are the Swedish press still on vacation or what... In the mean time Id settle for some CP\Emma pictures but they dont seem to get those either, I find it strange concidering all the pics we saw of the other royal couples....

Old 01-26-2005, 08:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen
Did not the Kings sisters who married after he became king have gala weddings?
Princess Birgitta got married in both a civil and religious ceremony - the civil one at the Royal Palace of Stockholm and the religious at Prince Hansi's family palace Sigmaringen. The night before the civil wedding, the King hosted a supper and dance at the Royal Palace of Stockholm - and before the religious wedding there was a grand ball at the palace of Sigmaringen. After the civil wedding in Sweden, there was a wedding luncheon after the ceremony at the Royal Palace of Stockholm.

Princess Désirée had a ball at the Royal Palace of Stockholm. There was a wedding luncheon at the Royal Palace of Stockholm after the wedding in the Stockholm Cathedral.

Princess Margaretha chose a simpler kind, a simple morning wedding with no fuss. No ball, no nothing. On the morning of the wedding, Queen Ingrid hosted a supper at the royal yacht Dannebrog, which was anchored in Borgholm on Öland (where the wedding was held in a small church).

Princess Christina I'm not really sure about. I only know that there was a wedding dinner at the Royal Palace of Stockholm.

You can find more info on the King's sisters' weddings in their threads.

The King and Queen had a morning wedding, followed by a luncheon at the Royal Palace of Stockholm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen
are the Swedish press still on vacation or what...
I guess so

Old 01-28-2005, 11:06 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena
Looking at the weddings of Victoria´s swedish friends in the past years, I see a clear trend to afternoon-weddings with a gala/wedding ball later. I think she will adopt that...but we will see.
Wow interesting. Now all the girls around have adopted my opinion.

What about suggesting a wedding dress for Viktoria?
Old 01-28-2005, 11:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixer2002de

What about suggesting a wedding dress for Viktoria?
Should we make a poll, if she wears a dress or not? :p In the case of Victoria, you never know...maybe she buys a pinstriped suit in black and white for the wedding
But to guess and suggest, what she should wear on the big day is an nice idea...maybe a little bit too early...though we can be sure, she will marry one day, fashion and her look may change...and the season, when the wedding takes place, also plays a role.
Old 01-28-2005, 11:59 AM
Courtier

well I think as princess she will wear something with more traditional looks. So i think a dress like a MIB ( Miss in Black) is rather unlikley. I think the colour will be white. And I think it will be not her mums dress :p. Well maybe lets have a look at a wedding dress couturier.

Maybe we find something here: http://wedding.weddingchannel.com/fa...03&t=10&l=1438
Old 02-28-2005, 02:29 PM
Majesty

i do not think there will be a summer wedding or do we need to wait fot march to go by also
Old 03-01-2005, 02:57 PM
Royal Highness

How long have they been together?
Old 03-01-2005, 04:15 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by marezdote
How long have they been together?
can it be 3 years now

What i want to know is when was the engagment of her dad and mom i think it was in marcj and the wedding in July
Old 03-01-2005, 04:16 PM
Courtier

Smile Dating

They have been dating since the spring of 2002.
Old 03-01-2005, 04:53 PM
Heir Apparent

I guess they date a little longer...since winter 2002...I would say. They have extremely discreet friends, so I think, they could hide their relationship for a while.

The engagement of Silvia and Carl Gustaf was announced on the 12th of March 1976. It seems the press conference was on the same day.
The wedding took place on the 19th of June 1976.
So if Victoria takes her parents as role models an engagement for this year is still possible.
But a check from my side has shown, that all current crown princes (except Philippe) had an engagement time of about 8 months.
And since a Royal wedding is nowadays a big happening, where a lot of security and press ppl are involved, I guess it makes sense to wait 8 months??? ( many interrogation marks as you see...it wouldn´t surprise me, when the Royal court would announce the engagement tomorrow...then again I can hardly imagine they manage to organise this in such a short time period...then again I could imagine that there are already many things running behind the scences-> we have heard of composed wedding marches...then again I don´t think Daniel is already ready for the job and we haven´t heard, that there are any plans to sell his part of the gyms...then again I have the strange feeling the press in Sweden has gotten an order to keep quiet...then again I think the swedish press is at the moment just lazy, so we don´t get to hear things...hm, it seems I think to much about this stuff )
Old 03-02-2005, 03:32 AM
Courtier

My bet's on Daniel W. being the Prince Consort. Their relationship has been going on for a pretty long time and, although Victoria isn't that old, she's nearing her thirties so she'll be settling down soon, I'd bet. I don't think she'll drop Daniel after three years only to start another relationship...Well, unless she follows Crown Prince Felipe's example.
Old 03-09-2005, 07:26 AM
Heir Apparent

I´ve just looked on Bunte-online, what they have in the new edition. And the index of contents say:
Society
Victoria von Schweden: Verliebter Dickkopf
Ein Akt der Rebellion: Die Prinzessin nahm ihren Freund, den Sporttrainer,
mit auf Reisen
Victoria of Sweden: Smitten pighead
An act of rebellion: The princess has taken her friend, the gym trainer, with her on (a) journey

I wonder, if this means, that he is with her in Australia (???)
Old 03-09-2005, 07:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Or maybe he was with her in Germany. Would make sense, because BUNTE is a german mag.
Old 03-09-2005, 10:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Big picture + article...it´s about Daniel and Victoria in Milan...I´m a bit disappointed, because I´ve thought we see them in Germany...the picture is though unusual (Suit+fashion show+Italy)
If I would have been there I would have (before I would have said "hands out of the pockets, young man!" ) given Daniel a big hug. He looks really lost there.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y8/...5/milano1a.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y8/...5/Milano2b.jpg
Old 03-19-2005, 09:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

The article says he has enough with his two other gyms and that he wants to focus on them. If I remember it correctly, they also speculated if this perhaps could be a "sign" of a future engagement.
Old 03-19-2005, 09:53 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Those Germans...

Quote:
Ive just looked on Bunte-online, what they have in the new edition. And the index of contents says:

Victoria von Schweden: Verliebter Dickkopf
Victoria of Sweden: Smitten pighead
Rather tacky!

Worse than the London tabloids.

Do Swedes refer to German notables in such offensive terms?
Old 03-19-2005, 10:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
Rather tacky!

Worse than the London tabloids.

Do Swedes refer to German notables in such offensive terms?
Here probably I´m to blame :o I´ve searched for an english word and this came to my mind. Just litereally "Dickkopf" means "thick head" and it´s used for ppl, who are very stubborn and try to get what they want. it seems there is no english equivalent for the noun "Dickkopf". You can just say "stubborn person" or "bullhead"/"pighead"...but the last two are (as I´ve learned now) more offensive.
Old 03-19-2005, 10:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie
The article says he has enough with his two other gyms and that he wants to focus on them. If I remember it correctly, they also speculated if this perhaps could be a "sign" of a future engagement.
Thank you for the explanation, Yennie.
Hmm, the Lena-analysis center (=> ) would say, that´s a step towards an engagement. But I don´t see it anymore in 2005 (wow, what a good prognosis :p I guess for everyone it´s clear, that it´s too late for an engagement and a summer wedding...is there actually anyone here, who thinks, that she would also not mind to marry in winter or autumn?)
Old 03-19-2005, 10:35 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Lost in Translation

Quote:
. Just litereally "Dickkopf" means "thick head" .
Whereas "thickhead" in English usage means "a stupid person" or "a blockhead."

Don't worry Lena, we'll blame the Germans anyway. :)
Old 04-15-2005, 11:33 PM
Heir Apparent

An article telling, what we can actually already imagine:
http://www.kandisnytt.com/page.php?news=437 ...Victoria has no time for hugs with Daniel at the moment. The article says, that Victoria celebrated, after her return from Australia, easter with her family and Daniel. Then she went to Denmark to celebrate HCA and between that and Japan she was (according to the spokeswoman of the court) only a few hours at home in Sweden. So poor little Danne is sitting alone at home and waiting and dreaming of his beloved one...sigh (the last thing is-of course- my interpretation...maybe he´s enjoying his time as "grass widower-to-be" or he´s busy with prince school or whatever)
Pic to the article:

Closed Thread

Tags
crown princess victoria, daniel westling, relationships