Crown Princess Couple's Visit to Iceland: June 18-19, 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
On an invitation from the President of Iceland HRH Crown Princess Victoria and her husband HRH Prince Daniel come to Iceland for an official visit.
About the program
18 June
Visits to the President's residence, the concert hall Harpa, Hellisheiði power station and company Össur, an international manufacturer of prosthetic and orthotic devices. The royal couple attends also at a business lunch organized by the Embassy and the Swedish-Icelandic Chamber of Commerce.

19 June
The day is devoted to an excursion to the northern Iceland with whales wathing in Husavik, visit in Myvatn, Námaskarð and Godafoss and finally a visit to Akureyri University.
Kungligt besök i Island SwedenAbroad

Last edited:
More info about the visit
The visit starts at the presidential residence Bessastaðir with a meeting with the President and the Icelandic and Swedish journalists. From there they will go to concert hall Harpa where the couple familiarises to Icelandic music and culture. After the Swedish-Icelandic Chamber of Commerce and the Swedish Embassy host a lunch. In the afternoon they visit Hellisheiðarvirkjun and the prosthetics company Ossur.
On the second day of the visit Victoria and Daniel go to Húsavíkur, where they watch whales, visit Húsvíkinga, and have lunch with prime minister Sigmundur Davíð Gunnlaugsson. Then they will go to the lake Myvatn, and Godafoss Waterfall, and finally Victoria and Daniel take part in a seminar of the arctic at the University of Akureyri.
Halda upp á brúðkaupsafmælið á Húsavík RÚV

About the visit in Expressen:

Wednesday morning
Meeting with the President of Iceland Olafur Ragnar Grimsson at his residence Bessastadir.
Just before lunch, visit to the concert-conference center Harpa in Reykjavik. Iceland's President Olafur Ragnar Grimsson and his wife Dorrit Moussaieff attend.
Lunch Wednesday:
Victoria and Daniel meet Swedish and Icelandic entrepreneurs at the Nordic House.
Wednesday Afternoon:
Visit to Hellisheiði Geothermal Power Plant. Victoria and Daniel are going on the power station for a presentation of their volcano research and environmental projects.
Then Victoria and Daniel go together with the President of Iceland and his wife to Össur Prosthetic Manufacturing. A company that manufactures prosthetics and Victoria and Daniel will get about an hour lecture about their business.
Wednesday Evening:
Gala Dinner at the President's residence. President Olafur Ragnar Grimsson as host of the evening and long dress is the dress code for the ladies.

Thursday:
The whole day is spent in northern Iceland. Early in the morning Victoria and Daniel fly from Reykjavik to Akureyri.
The main point in the day is out to sea and whale watching in Skjalfandi Bay. Later they also visit Husavik and lectures in Akureyri on their arctic research.
The trip ends on Thursday evening in Reykjavik with a dinner.

Estelle was with Victoria and Daniel when they yesterday flew with SAS to first Oslo and then on to Reykjavik. With the plane was also Estelle's nanny Adeline Pettersson. But Estelle sat with her parents the whole trip. Ulrika Näsholm from the press department says that Victoria wants Estelle to be with them when it can be arranged with the program. Estelle will not take part at the official program. On the place were also Victoria's stylist Tina Törnqvist and a bodyguard. The visit to Iceland has been planned for over half a year and it's Victoria and Daniel's first official visit to Iceland as the crown princess couple of Sweden.
- The president of Iceland has officially invited the couple and trade together with environmental issues are the two things that dominate the program, explains Näsholm.
The visit ends in northern Iceland with whale watching and then an official dinner. Victoria, Daniel and Estelle fly home on Friday morning.
However are they're home to midsummer celebrations?
- That they should do. There will be a private celebration, says Näsholm.
Estelle nu på jobb med mamma och pappa Nyheter Expressen
Translation

Last edited:
Victoria and Daniel started their visit with a meeting with president Ólafur Ragnar Grímsson and his wife Dorrit Moussaieff at the Presidential residence.
Prinsessan á Bessastöðum - mbl.is
Translation

After having greeted Victoria and Daniel welcomed to Iceland president Grimsson told how happy he is that now three Swedish royal generations have visited Iceland - the king and queen in 2004 were on a state visit to Iceland with Crown Princess Victoria. And now the crown princess along with her husband Daniel and Princess Estelle are there.
Crown Princess Victoria told inside the presidential palace how "incredibly important the relationship is between Sweden and Iceland and that trade with Arctic research are close to her heart."
- I hope that this visit can highlight all the possibilities that exist between our two countries. We look very much forward to this visit, said Victoria.
Video:
Prinsessan Estelle gör sin debut på Island Nyheter Expressen
Translation

Victoria, Daniel, president Grimsson and his wife visited conference and concert center Harpa, where they learn about the Icelandic music scene and culture.
Krónprinsessan í Hörpu RÚV
Translation

Johanna Lejon from Svensk Damtidning tells that when Victoria and Daniel visited Harpa, they got a surprise. A choir sang ”I morgon är det bröllopskalas” (which a children choir sang for Victoria and Daniel at the concert a day before their wedding four years ago). After the song they cheered for Victoria and Daniel. Victoria became noticeably taken.
- Oh what a surprise, she said, and then exclaimed: Very much emotions.
Svensk Damtidnings Johanna Lejon rapporterar direkt från Island Svensk Damtidning
Translation

Gallery
APA-Picturedesk

Last edited:

OMG I'm so excited they went to The Nordic House, I can't tell how often I've been there and many of my Swedish classes take place there. I literally live 5 minutes from there!
I definitely would have gone to see them, but sadly I had to work:sad::sad:

p.s LadyFinn, I didn't know you were so familiar with the Icelandic media sites, almost more than me:)

Victoria and Daniel visited Össur prosthetics company. They were shown a bionic leg and 13-year old Hilmar Snaer Orvarsson demonstrated his new leg.
APA-Picturedesk

Gallery from today
Myndasyrpa Krón prins essa vakti víða athygli - mbl.is

From the court website
Kronprinsessparet besöker Island - dag 1 - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation

A short video of the visit to Harpa concert hall
http://www.visir.is/section/MEDIA99&fileid=VTV155C5494-A98A-487A-B56A-A23AB423A87E

Hilmar Snaer Orvarsson said that it was nice to meet a real princess. Victoria had especially asked a visit to Össur because she is interested in Swedish children and adolescents with physical disabilities via her Foundation. Thorvald Ingvarsson from Össur said that it was fun to get the princess to a visit.
Both because of her interest and charitable work with children with disabilities, but also because Össur has significant operations in Sweden. It should be mentioned that Swedes are very advanced in medical technology and strong position in the Swedish market Ossur helps us to keep the company at the forefront, said Thorvald Ingvarsson.
„Gaman að hitta alvöru prinsessu“ - mbl.is
Translation

Nice photos of young Hilmar with Victoria and Daniel
HILMAR SNÆR 13 ÁRA – GAMAN AÐ HITTA ALVÖRU PRINSESSU Eiríkur Jónsson

Fréttir Viktoría krónprinsessa Svíþjóðar heimsækir Össur

http://image.gala.de/v1/cms/Ti/vict...-ORIGINAL-imageGallery_standard.jpg?v=9697330

Last edited:
Here is a clip of their second day where they visited Námaskarð, Goðafoss and met some children in Húsavík.
It should follow that the children found it quite odd that she was just wearing 'normal' clothes and not a dress like the princesses in the fairytales:lol::flowers:

The clip starts at 09:51
Sjónvarpsfréttir | RÚV

Photos when the choir sang "I morgon är det bröllopskalas", which means a lot to Victoria and Daniel. There was Sweden week in Iceland and Lisa Tillings Projektkör (about 100 singers) from Sweden was in Iceland. At the choir there are people from Östergötland, other parts of Sweden and also from Australia. The choir does charity and in Iceland they supported the Dyslexia Association. Both Victoria and Dorrit Moussaieff have dyslexia and the choir asked them as their patrons for this work. In Iceland the things aren't as good for the people with dyslexia as in Sweden.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

The whole gallery, 135 photos from Wednesday. It takes a while after clicking when the page opens.
http://hansenfoto.photoshelter.com/#!/index/C0000vfL_kQni75Y/G0000oLj1MIwXxBI/1

On Thursday, celebrating their fourth wedding anniversary at the gorgeous Goðafoss waterfall.

The whole gallery, 105 photos.
http://hansenfoto.photoshelter.com/#!/index/C0000vfL_kQni75Y/G0000BE4vjLvcbVs/1

Last edited:
:)Very nice pictures, always enjoy seeing V/D together, love is in the air when they are out and about. Thank You Lady Finn!

What a great visit, Whale and Waterfalls watching..... I am sure, they looooved it
BYe Bine

Iceland is such a beautiful and magical country.
After Victoria and Daniel arrived from their whale watching, prime minister Sigmundur Davíð Gunnlaugsson and mayor of Norðurþing municipality Elías Ágústsson were waiting for them and they had lunch.
Fögnuðu brúðkaupsafmælinu á Húsavík 640.is fréttaveita í Norðurþingi
Translation

Twelve years as a couple and yesterday four years married.
What then Daniel gave his crown princess?
- Gift?!? exclaimed Victoria guffawing.
- Relax, it will come, said a confident prince.
They did get to celebrate wedding anniversary with whale watching out on the North Atlantic.
- The memories are there and you go back a little in your thoughts for a day like this, they told.
Daniel experience Goðafoss - a huge waterfall in Iceland, 12 meters high and 30 meters wide, for the first time. Victoria was there in 2004 when she traveled with the king and queen during a state visit.
Daniel and Victoria hugged and joked with each other at the waterfall. Then posed the tightly connected with the mighty waterfall behind.
- What a photo, huh? Daniel laughed.
Iceland's President Olafur Ragnar Grimsson was with and his wife Dorrit Moussaieff was enthusiastic:
- A kiss! A kiss! she shouted to Victoria and Daniel.
They just smiled.
Victoria och Daniel firade med valsafari Nyheter Expressen
Translation

Last edited:
Thanks LadyFinn for all the Information during the two days in Iceland! :flowers:

Unfortunately we don't see the royal couple yesterday evening by Dinner in the embassy! :ermm:

Iceland is such a beautiful and magical country.
After Victoria and Daniel arrived from their whale watching, prime minister Sigmundur Davíð Gunnlaugsson and mayor of Norðurþing municipality Elías Ágústsson were waiting for them and they had lunch.
Fögnuðu brúðkaupsafmælinu á Húsavík 640.is fréttaveita í Norðurþingi
Translation

Twelve years as a couple and yesterday four years married.
What then Daniel gave his crown princess?
- Gift?!? exclaimed Victoria guffawing.
- Relax, it will come, said a confident prince.
They did get to celebrate wedding anniversary with whale watching out on the North Atlantic.
- The memories are there and you go back a little in your thoughts for a day like this, they told.
Daniel experience Goðafoss - a huge waterfall in Iceland, 12 meters high and 30 meters wide, for the first time. Victoria was there in 2004 when she traveled with the king and queen during a state visit.
Daniel and Victoria hugged and joked with each other at the waterfall. Then posed the tightly connected with the mighty waterfall behind.
- What a photo, huh? Daniel laughed.
Iceland's President Olafur Ragnar Grimsson was with and his wife Dorrit Moussaieff was enthusiastic:
- A kiss! A kiss! she shouted to Victoria and Daniel.
They just smiled.
Victoria och Daniel firade med valsafari Nyheter Expressen
Translation

Last edited:
Victoria and Daniel to Johan T Lindwall in the end of the trip

Victoria and Daniel had during their days in Iceland experienced everything from whale watching to Goðafoss - a waterfall in Iceland, 12 meters high and 30 meters wide.
- What has made the biggest impression is undoubtedly all experiences of the nature. It has not only been impressive, but absolutely amazing. The whale safari we were involved in was also something beyond the ordinary, said Victoria.
Little Estelle was with mom and dad on the official trip. But the parents have deliberately allowed her to be in the background:
- I think she has recently been involved in a lot. That she can come with us here is just cozy, it's nice to get some time for yourself in between, said Victoria.
Now after midsummer is no official program events planned for Victoria and Daniel. The only thing is the Crown Princess's birthday with the traditional celebration at Solliden Palace and then in Borgholm.
The couple says that summer will be family time:
- Yes, absolutely. We will take it easy with Estelle, said Victoria.
Daniel nodded and said quickly:
- Yes, I hope so. The same, take it easy with Estelle.
How did Estelle like the visit to Iceland?
- I think she thinks it's fine here in Iceland, says Daniel, and gets unexpected help from Dorrit Moussaieff, the wife of the president, who had listened the discussion.
- I can reveal what Estelle has done, she said. The main thing that has happened throughout the trip. Estelle has been riding on an Icelandic horse!
Victorias plan Ska ta det lugnt med Estelle Nyheter Expressen
Translation

http://stoppapressarna.se/sites/default/files/prinsdaniel/daniel_lopet.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom