Christening of Princess Estelle: May 22, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Die Aktuelle's cover cracked me up. Not only is she pregnant again, but they even know the sex!:ROFLMAO::whistling:

Last edited:
Charlotte_Aster said:
Die Aktuelle's cover cracked me up. Not only is she pregnant again, but they even now the sex!:ROFLMAO::whistling:

Yep and they'll print that every month until Victoria really is pregnant again.

I miss one more photo: a family photo, where Madeleine and Anna had also been in, the Bernadottes and the Westlings.

That would have been a wonderful picture.
To be honest those official pictures seem too cold to me!

I looked at these nice pictures, and then went to find some pictures from Victoria's christening. Thought it was really funny to see these side by side - same pose. :)

:previous:
Great comparasion.King CG with same pose with his daughter and grandauther:flowers::flowers::flowers:
All pictures are PERFECT :)

Last edited:
I love the official photos. WA looks so happy on the picture of the godparents, I love the one with the King, Victoria and little Estelle, the King's face is a bit stiff, but when isn't it. My favourite, though, is the one of Daniel, Victoria and Estelle, they're such a beautiful little family. Wonderful to see the pictures at last.

I just watched the christening clips on YouTube, Estelle is cute as a button. When she is being held up she is wide awake and taking in everything around her, it was precious.

Adore the official images, so many beautiful moments. This is once again how I hate the British Royal family strictness with the media. We only normally get one or two images from their christenings, always a disappointment. They are also always normally really "posed" images.

I just watched the christening clips on YouTube, Estelle is cute as a button. When she is being held up she is wide awake and taking in everything around her, it was precious.

Adore the official images, so many beautiful moments. This is once again how I hate the British Royal family strictness with the media. We only normally get one or two images from their christenings, always a disappointment. They are also always normally really "posed" images.
To be fair the last few christenings of the BRF were less then important. Estelle is going to be the future queen. The last few children christened in the BRF are way down the succession line hence the lack of photos. With William and Harry we got quite a few photos if I'm not mistaken even got footage during the Queen's Christmas speech.

I came home from New York yesterday(currently awoke to see Rangers vs Devils game 6) and have a question. Anyone know if any US stations actually showed anything from the event? I tried to find a channel that morning(EST time, not CET time morning) but came up blank on NBC, CBS, CNN, Fox or ABC.

It was fun to watch the event yesterday anyway:)

I did a quick search on google. So far I am only seen articles on the online versions of CBS News, Washington post etc. I don't think they would cover this it wouldn't be as big as the wedding was. That barely got a mention on the news (less then 5 minutes). If I remember right, kind of surprised me that they even mentioned it. Usually they tend to concentrate on the BRF and maybe Monocco Royal family.

And if anyone wants to know the forum is on the second page of the google search.

Last edited:
the king has had the camera pointed at him his whole life and decided not to play to it. He loves his family, that is evident, nontheless.

So simply wonderful pics of the little cutie....
All official pics are really perfect
Bye Bine

Thank you for these great photos, Princess Maxima really stood out with her "red outfit" . . . :flowers:

Below are links to high resolution pictures. :)
- The Crown Princely Family with the Godparents
- The Crown Princely Family with the Grandparents
- The Crown Princely Family
- The King and Princess Estelle
- Three generations of Monarchs (current and future)

You can also view them on the official website.
Just click on the picture you want to see in high resolution, then (on the right side) on "Hamta bild".

These photos are the BEST, adorable! beautiful family . . . May God bless them!

Last edited by a moderator:
Shouldn't it be The Crown Princessly Family as Victoria is a Crown Princess in her own right, expressed this way it gives the impresson that it's photos of the family of a Crown Prince.
I suppose that would be more accurate, however I must admit "Crown Princessly" just doesn't sound right to me.
Besides, we all know Victoria is the Crown Princess, and my wording will hardly affect that. :)

Since the court uses "crown princess couple" in english of Victoria and Daniel, why can't it be "crown princess family?" Crown princely family it can't be.

It does make sense. Unfortunately, editing my post is not longer possible (over 2 days have passed), but I'll make sure to write the correct way in future. :)

What with so many future Queens in the next generation (Estelle, Catharina Amalia, Ingrid Alexandra, Leonor, Elisabeth), we might as well get used to the correct term of "Crown Princess Family".

I wonder where they kept the dummy. Daniel's pocket? :D
Yes, in one of the videos you can see CPss Victoria looking at Prince Daniel and with her eyes asking for the pacifier - which he then finds in his pocket :flowers:

Estelle is adorable and so very well adored by all of her family. The christening gown is exquisite, and the little sash so fitting for a princess born to be queen.

The ceremony was very regal, yet very much a family affair. It was majestic and yet not stuffy. It was full of pomp and circumstance, yet full of love and warmth. From what I have seen, the Swedish really do these ceremonial aspects well - not only maintaining the traditions but also ensuring their place in modern day culture, giving them a flavor, a relevance that is totally 'today.'

Many have asked but I have not noticed a response, so does anyone know what the dress code was? I found it somewhat odd that Haakon and Carl Phillip were in uniform while William Alexander was not? Especially as it appears that there was much coordination of attire behind the scenes among the family and godparents (and their spouses).

Many have asked but I have not noticed a response, so does anyone know what the dress code was? I found it somewhat odd that Haakon and Carl Phillip were in uniform while William Alexander was not?
The dress code was in Swedish Förmiddagsdräkt, in English Morning dress: Morning dress - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia A Dress uniform is always considered correct when there is a formal dress code, and wearing a uniform is the only way you can wear a sash during daytime wear. Why Willem-Alexander chose to not wear a uniform I don't know, perhaps he feels more comfortable in a morning dress than in uniform or that he only wears a uniform at evening events.

Last edited:
:previous: Thank you. To me, William Alexander looked a little out of place next to the other godfathers. Yet I wonder if it was an intended decision - with the colors that he wore (and also that Frederik and Maxima wore, for example) I cannot help but wonder if they all coordinated their attire!

I've finally had a chance to watch the whole service and have to say the Swedish court pulled it out of the bag! It was an intimate family service but also regal as befitting a future Queen. Daniel and Victoria make such a wonderful couple and it is beyond sweet how Daniel cant stop looking at his two girls.

On another note I have to say I loved how Daniel's sister Anna dressed her daughters and step-daughter. Very sweet and appropriate with matching jackets and a slightly older dress for Hedvig.

I wonder why Estelle was only given one of her godmother's names?

Many have asked but I have not noticed a response, so does anyone know what the dress code was? I found it somewhat odd that Haakon and Carl Phillip were in uniform while William Alexander was not? Especially as it appears that there was much coordination of attire behind the scenes among the family and godparents (and their spouses).

Maybe Willem Alexander thinks that uniforms don't suit to the christening of a little child? Frederik hadn't an uniform either.

PrincessApple said:
:previous: Thank you. To me, William Alexander looked a little out of place next to the other godfathers. Yet I wonder if it was an intended decision - with the colors that he wore (and also that Frederik and Maxima wore, for example) I cannot help but wonder if they all coordinated their attire!

They might just have been following what happens in their respective houses. I don't think Willem-Alexander or Frederik wore a uniform to their own children's christenings either.

Maybe Willem Alexander thinks that uniforms don't suit to the christening of a little child? Frederik hadn't an uniform either.

I think in Nederland it's not a tradition to wear a uniform at christenings(In all of his daughters christenings he was wear a suit, not a uniform ;)) and because that he was wear a morning suit instead of uniform :flowers:IMO

I noticed that W-A is very tall, you can really see that when everyone was walking outside.

Back
Top Bottom