Christening of Princess Estelle: May 22, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Unfashionable and without style of appearance you think? I think we were looking at different women ;)

I thought that white overcoat thing looked awful, like something an old lady would wear. And I wasn't wild about the hat. Mary has looked so much nicer on other occasions.

So I guess we must agree to disagree. :flowers:

What a lovely, prestigious ceremony! The guests arriving from the courtyard and especially the royals arriving from there - great choice!
Daniel carrying and kissing his daughter, a very loving and proud father. Victoria is proud of her little family. She looked very good today, the colour of her dress suited her perfectly. Queen Silvia looked marvellous. Madeleine looked nice too, but she had a little too much make up to my taste and her coat looked a little heavy. Mary was ok, Anna Westling Söderling nice as always. I'm not so fond of Maxima's red outfit. Mathilde looked the same as always.
The ceremony was perfect, Estelle is so cute and her yawning was so funny. I'm glad that Victoria and Daniel had chosen "Vilar glad i din famn" again, it is such a beautiful piece of music.
I'm not surprised about the godparents at all. Carl Philip seemed the first choice of Victoria's siblings to me, Haakon and W-A were clear too, they are clearly very close to Victoria, especially during recent years. And because they wanted another woman besides Anna, they chose Mary and not Frederik. Anna Westling Söderström was a clear choice.
Perfectly arranged by the Bernadottes - if you count out Sofia and Chris. Especially Sofia with her victoriuous grin. I'm glad that the TV didn't show them very much, now I just have to skip all the photos of them. This whole evening will be just watching the photos.

Hello.
Does anyone know where Crown Princess Victoria shoes are from? They are very pretty...

Are there any pictures of the king putting the sash on Estelle?

I am totally smitten with her - she is absolutely adorable!

Anna Westling Söderström was a clear choice.

No more evident than Mary I would think. Especially in light of Estelle bearing her godmothers name as one of her own.

So I guess we must agree to disagree.

Of that you can be certain ;)

Last edited:
I had the chance of watching a part of the baptism ceremony because of my busy schedule. I have to admit once again that Swedish Royal Family knows very well to organize a Royal event.

It was a real Royal baptism ceremony. I enjoyed so much watching it the same I enjoyed watching the Daniel and Victoria's wedding.

Really wonderful ceremony !!!

Such a beautiful, joyous occasion. Thank you so much to everyone for posting the pictures and videos.

How beautiful are all the Bernadotte women, elegant and classy. I adored the little hats which were worn by Victoria and Madeleine. The netting on Madeleine's was to die for. !

I liked most of the outfits which the ladies wore. I agree that Maxima's was a bit loud or bright but she can wear colours like that so well.

I wasn't mad about the jacket coat thing that Countess Stephanie wore.

Sofia H. looked very demure but I wish that she had checked to see what colour Victoria was wearing as they both wore almost the same shade. And, oh boy, didn't Sofia walk in with her head held high. !!

Victoria's dress was beautiful and showed off her gorgeous figure.

No more evident than Mary I would think. Especially in light of Estelle bearing her godmothers name as one of her own.
Well, in the SRF it's more or less a tradition that a child has a paternal and a maternal sibling as their godparents, and as Daniel only have one sister there were no others to choose from.

For a second child of Victoria and Daniel it's possible that a male cousin of Daniel is choosen to "balance" Madeleine, or if there are no male cousins perhaps Daniel's brother-in-law.

Last edited:
Well, in the SRF it's more or less a tradition that a child has a paternal and a maternal sibling as their godparents, and as Daniel only have one sister there were no others to choose from.

Oh I don't disagree with you. Infact, that's quite common here in Australia also.

I just don't think they chose Mary as a means to add another female godparent. That the child should bear Mary's name amongst her own suggests to me that Mary was a choice from the very beginning.

Last edited:
Part 1 of SVT's programming is up
Google Translate

Some footage of the church but mostly talking heads and clips from the wedding and birth.

Last edited:
Proud parents Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel of Sweden celebrate as two-month-old Princess Estelle is christened in biggest royal occasion since their own wedding
It will be the first of a lifetime of official engagements for Europe’s newest Royal heir. Princess Estelle, second in line to the Swedish throne, was christened just after noon today in the gilded marble splendour of the royal chapel in Stockholm. To the laughter of her mother, Crown Princess Victoria, the child let out a loud gurgle as she was brought to the font, which echoed around the church. Victoria then beamed with pride for the rest of the ceremony, her daughter's long white christening gown, which has been used by the Swedish royals since 1907, draped over her knees.

Even Daily Mail published a story on the Christening; Estelle is not only adorable, she is also well and truly a star. :)

Estelle's christening gifts:
From the Swedish county generals (landshövdingar) she god a blue glass bowl decorated with cornflowers (the county flower of Östergötland) and made at Rejmyre in Östergötland:http://www.corren.se/ostergotland/estelle-far-ostgotsk-dopskal-6032604-artikel.aspx
From the cathedral of Linköping in Östergötland she gets a newly created necklace pendant, a silver star decorated with a freshwater pearl, inspired by silverworks from Vadstena cloister made in 1515: Prinsessan Estelle får ett halssmycke - Linköping - Corren.se - Östergötlands största nyhetssajt
Östergötland also "gives" the little duchess a a nature fairy walk at Lake Tåkern, known for its birdwatching: Prinsessan får en sagostig vid Tåkern - Östergötland - Corren.se - Östergötlands största nyhetssajt

Last edited:
i always thought the castle church have looked a bit boring but loved the warm colours from the carpet

i do wonder if she will get any jewllery she can wear as she gets older at more fancy celebration, something with a bernadotte history, did her grandpa buy something back to the family

Victorias dress Elie Saab.

Last edited by a moderator:
On the Daily Mail article linked a few posts up, there is a particularly beautiful photo of Daniel, Victoria and little Estelle, where Victoria is gently cupping Estelle's head, and Daniel is looking down at his daughter whilst his hand is on the small of his wife's back. They seem like such a lovely family unit, and if I may say so, Princess Victoria looked beautiful in her blush pink dress!

whats up with the 4 kids? i thought Daniel's sister Anna had only 2 daughters

Anna has two daughters from her previous marriage and her husband Mikael has a boy and a girl.

Estelle is really cute, she's having a loving family!! How quiet she was during the whole ceremony without being asleep. It was a very nice christening. The music was wonderful and I liked that not only Victoria said a prayer but also Haakon read from the bible.

One thing is for sure, Queen Sylvia is crazy over her granddaughter, which is good bc she has had a tough year, a new baby always brings out hope

i have looked for photos from the outside of the castle, they went out to meet those who waited outside the castle

SVT says the whole ceremony will be available on their site 'from this evening', they're also broadcasting the highlights at 8pm Swedish time (an hour and 15 minutes from now).
Det kungliga dopet | svt.se

Back
Top Bottom