Christening of Princess Estelle: May 22, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
CP Maxima didn't get the paper with programm and songs??? Stupid thing...

CP Maxima didn't get the paper with programm and songs??? Stupid thing...

She Did,But She Gave Her's To CP Frederik Who In Turn Gave His To His Mother Who Didn't Get One.So Her And CP Frederik Are Sharing.

The little darling has fallen asleep. :wub: She's so cute and so incredibly calm.

OMG How adorable is the little sash the King put on Estelle! :wub:

Could she be any cuter with her little order? The King looked pleased as punch to give her the Seraphim. :)

Willem-Alexander making faces at her. How cute. :)

Beauitful, just beauitful! was maxima crying?? Daniel is a very loving pappa. Victoria was just over come with emotions. I noticed when some of the songs and prayers were being said that CP Wilhem Alexander and CP Philppe were not speaking?

Beauitful, just beauitful! was maxima crying?? Daniel is a very loving pappa. Victoria was just over come with emotions. I noticed when some of the songs and prayers were being said that CP Wilhem Alexander and CP Philppe were not speaking?

Well, not everyone is fluent with the swedish language. So don't blame them. ;)

Is it just me or was this one of the most regal royal christenings? There is/was just something about it...

BTW Can any Swedish members tell me if the same sort of things happen in most Swedish christenings (such as the papers to the godparents, the candle, etc.)? Thanks :flowers:

Prince Christians christening was also broadcasted f. e. in German TV.

I don't understand the compulsion to choose a bunch of foreign royals you maybe see once or twice a year as your child's godparent. Why not pick some friends you see regularly?

Probably just me, but the idea of giving a 3 month old baby membership of an order of chivalry is just a tad silly.

Everyone looks good though. Victoria and Daniel are very obviously smitten with their daughter.

And even if they wouldn't have work engagements in Spain they wouldn't attend. They never have, even when chosen as godparent.
I guess it has either to do with religion and Spain being very conservative or with their "Just work, no fun" PR strategy (which of course has been ridiculed lately).

No I doubt they would have attended even if they were had no engagements today.

I love the Swedish royal events. Boy they don't hold back. Everything is done so perfectly elegant. Everyone looks so beautiful!

Is it just me or was this one of the most regal royal christenings? There is/was just something about it..
I don't know if it was the most regal but it certainly was a very elegant one. Victoria, Silvia, Madeleine, Mary, Mathilde, Maxima, Märtha Louise, Anna ... all looked very elegant (Maxima could have chosen a less loud colour though).

A very beautiful christening.

What was this little blue crown? Is this for Estelle?

EIIR said:
I don't understand the compulsion to choose a bunch of foreign royals you maybe see once or twice a year as your child's godparent. Why not pick some friends you see regularly?

WA, Haakon and Mary are all close friends of Victoria's. They don't see each other once or twice a year, more often every month or even more. The Scandinavian royals are very close and visit each other on weekends apparently. They have chosen friends.

Last edited:
will they be showing the reception? cos all i am seeing now is the boats on the water?

whats up with the 4 kids? i thought Daniel's sister Anna had only 2 daughters

The continental (especially the Scandinavian and NL) royal ARE actually friends with each other. And Victoria visits her godchildren (which include C-A of the Netherlands, Ingrid-Alexandra of Norway, and Christian of Denmark) very often. Just because some royal families are more isolated doesn't mean the others are as well...:whistling:

Back
Top Bottom