The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-22-2012, 05:07 AM
Serene Highness

Can somebody explain who this lady in Ostergottland is?
Thanks

Old 05-22-2012, 05:08 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Denmark
Royal Blogger

Mary in a gold dress with white coat and hat she wore for the wedding of Albert and Charlene. The Court is updating with pictures, they can be enlarged.

Old 05-22-2012, 05:10 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

This is an early christening, I expected to miss it as I'm at work this afternoon.
Old 05-22-2012, 05:10 AM
Courtier

Prince of Orange, Princess Mary, Prince Haakon, Prince Carl Philip and Anna Westling are the godparents.
Old 05-22-2012, 05:14 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Prince of Orange, Princess Mary, Prince Haakon, Prince Carl Philip and Anna Westling are the godparents.
Is this confirmed? I hope so. :-)
Old 05-22-2012, 05:14 AM
Heir Apparent

One thing I love about Swedish splendour, as will be again displayed to some degree today, is the amazing silver service they have. Table settings, candelabra, vases and the silver baptismal font; it's all really quite stunning and very sophisticated.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 05-22-2012, 05:15 AM
Courtier

You can see it here: Grafik 2 | Expressen | Senaste nytt - Nyheter Sport Ekonomi Nöje
Old 05-22-2012, 05:15 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

No Frederik, I find that odd.
Old 05-22-2012, 05:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANNIE_S View Post
Thank you!
I read that Queen Beatrix is also Victoria´s godmother, so it must be a kind of tradition, lovely.

Yup, the SRF and DRF have great tradition, Queen Juliana was godmother to King Carl Gustaf, Queen Beatrix is to CP Victoria, CP Victoria to Princess Catharina -Amalia and now Prince of Orange to Princess Estelle
Old 05-22-2012, 05:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
In addition, they do not invite other royals to their own christenings and chose godparents among the family, eg Leonor as future Queen has her own grandparents (Kings of Spain) as godparents.
In Spain ( I think in every Catholic country) is quite common to have family memebers as godparents (only two, a godfather and a godmother, I remember Prince Christian and Princess IA´s Christenings and my Gradmother saying: why so many godparents? do they need all them? ).
It´s quite common too that the two godparents are family members, less common they are friends of the parents.
The most usual thing is that one of the godparents come from the mother´s side, and the other for the father´s... and two grandparents are an usual option (maternal grandfather, paternal gradmother, or viceversa).
Leonor´s case was quite unusual for me as she had her both paternal grandparents...I read then that it was a tradiction in the SRF to have the King and Queen as godparents of the heir. Felipe has Queen Ena and Don Juan (JC´s father) as King Alfonso was died and Juan was his succesor then. And in Sofia´s Christening they went for the usual option and had Leti´s mom and a friend of Felipe.

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 05-22-2012, 05:18 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Maybe they're saving him for the next child. :-) I personally don't find it odd. Future Queen-Consort of Denmark vs. future King of Denmark. Not much difference to me. Either one is a nice distinguished choice I think.
Old 05-22-2012, 05:21 AM
Serene Highness

Maybe they wanted a future Queen to guide a future Queen?
Old 05-22-2012, 05:22 AM
Heir Apparent

I am suprised they picked Mary and not Frederik. Not really suprised of the other royal godparents.
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
In order to shorten the time spent waiting -
Swedish SVT has put up a great video of CP Victoria's 1979 christening for all to see:

Prinsessan Victorias dop - Öppet arkiv | SVT Play

Amazing video footage
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanvanmaxima View Post
Still hard to believe that Fredrik is not a godparent given how close Victoria and Fred are.

Dislike Mary's hat, so not classic. Looking back in 20 years at the picture, she wont be too happy.

Maxima looks very classic very Jacki O, I like it.
Heir Apparent

Frederik appears to beam with pride with anything related to his wife. I'm sure he's very happy that his Crown Princess was chosen.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 05-22-2012, 05:23 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I would find it more odd if Estelle had only one godmother (female godparent).

After all Frederik and Mary are a couple. I don't think he feels snubbed.

Actually ever since Estelle's names were revealed it was quite clear Mary would be godmother (I was surprised then but not now).
Old 05-22-2012, 05:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

Yes, I find strange they didn´t chose Frederik, since Ingrid and Christian had both the other two Scandinavian heirs and that seemed another tradiction... Anyway, I was almost sure they would chose Mary, now we have the confirmation of the "Mary" in Estelle´s name (sad for the other godmother, Anna, they could have named her after her too)
And look, if Frederik would have been godfather, the little thing would have FOUR godfathers and AN ONLY godmother...naahh, we definitely needed another woman there, so many men aren´t good in any contest

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 05-22-2012, 05:27 AM
Aristocracy

I'm looking at the seating chart that fanvanmaxima posted the link to, and I can't seem to find Anna Westling's husband Mikael and the children. Wonder if they're going to be seated in the general congregation? That seems a bit odd to put the princes' brother-in-law and nieces and step-nephew that far away.
Old 05-22-2012, 05:27 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricarda
I would find it more odd if Estelle had only one godmother.

After all Frederik and Mary are a couple. I don't think he feels snubbed.
I would have expected Haakon and Frederik, not WA. Didn't think they were even close.
I'm not saying she should have had 3 godfathers.

Tags
baptism, christening, crown princess victoria, king carl xvi gustav, prince carl philip, prince daniel, princess estelle, queen silvia, princess madeleine