The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-02-2013, 07:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Máxima looked happy and excited in my opinion. Why would she rather wanna arrive with her husband? WA was the godfather and arrived with the other godparents, I'm sure Máxima could live with arriving with Frederik and Madeleine for once.

Old 02-03-2013, 05:32 AM
Commoner

Thank you for your accounts on this. I appreciate getting your views. As I said this day comes into my mind when Maxima turns up - I wondered what it was about. But obviously you didn't get the same impression.

Old 02-13-2013, 03:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

The commemorative medal of Estelle's christening, by Mynthuset.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

http://www.mynthuset.se/46001794/?cat_id=3
Old 03-16-2013, 09:10 AM
Aristocracy

While everything about this christening was beautiful, I didn't like the christening for just 1 reason.

Princess Madeleine seemed so not part of the celebration/ function.

There have been numerous discussions but I still believe she should have been seated further with her family. Doesn't matter if she isn't a godparent or a monarch, she still will play a big role in Princess Estelle's life.

She is after all her niece!!!
Old 03-16-2013, 10:16 AM
Serene Highness

I also thought that PC's seat at the christening wasn't good. So many people who weren't even family got a better seat than her.
Old 03-18-2013, 04:30 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess B View Post
While everything about this christening was beautiful, I didn't like the christening for just 1 reason.

Princess Madeleine seemed so not part of the celebration/ function.

There have been numerous discussions but I still believe she should have been seated further with her family. Doesn't matter if she isn't a godparent or a monarch, she still will play a big role in Princess Estelle's life.

She is after all her niece!!!
Madeleine was placed according to the protocol and etiquette, she sat at a section where all the royals and the heads of state sat, except Victoria, Daniel, Estelle, the king, the queen and the godparents (Haakon, Willem-Alexander, Mary and Carl Philip). The king and the queen were the hosts at the christening.
At the first row, looked from the altar sat queen Margrethe, prince Henrik, crown prince Frederik, princess Maxima, Dorrit Moussaieff, the wife of the president of Iceland, president of Finland, Sauli Niinistö and his wife Jenni Haukio, crown prince Philippe and crown princess Mathilde.
At the second row sat hereditary grand duke Guillaume, Stéphanie de Lannoy, princess Madeleine, princess Christina, Tord Magnuson, princess Margarethe, princess Birgitta, princess Désirée, princess Märtha Louise and Ari Behn.
Old 03-18-2013, 04:12 PM
Courtier

I agree. She was not really involved. Best option would have been to place her next to Daniel´s parents! Even Anna´s husband was placed behind Daniel´s parents.

In this pic you can see that a lot of people were seated behind the family....
https://www.anpfoto.nl/search.pp?pag...093635&pos=240
Old 10-26-2013, 04:18 PM
Majesty

I am very glad that we got to see Esteeles christning, i am Looking for the whole ceremony could not found it on youtube
Old 10-26-2013, 04:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine View Post
I am very glad that we got to see Esteeles christning, i am Looking for the whole ceremony could not found it on youtube
Part 1: The program before the christening and part of the christening

Part 2: The rest of the christening and the reception
Old 10-26-2013, 04:31 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinsessan View Post
The whole christening broadcast is on Youtube, including arrivals and bonus material:

I found this Posted earlier. A bit of finish spiken but tjats okay
Old 12-07-2013, 09:09 AM
Imperial Majesty

In May 2012 an 13-year old oak was delivered to Haga park in honor of the christening of Princess Estelle. Victoria, Daniel and Estelle were all present. The tree was brought from Billbäcks, which is engaged in the cultivation of plants. Victoria helped to plan the oak.
http://www.billbacks.se/wp-content/g...tering-003.jpg
http://www.billbacks.se/wp-content/g...tering-001.jpg
http://www.billbacks.se/wp-content/g...tering-002.jpg
http://www.billbacks.se/wp-content/g...tering-004.jpg

Tags
baptism, christening, crown princess victoria, king carl xvi gustav, prince carl philip, prince daniel, princess estelle, queen silvia, princess madeleine