Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-29-2012, 12:08 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Victoria's pride shines through in Princess Estelle's baptism photos
Princess Estelle baptism: Official photos are released

Old 05-29-2012, 12:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

I don't like christening pictures at all. The red backdrop ruined the pictures IMO. I don't see why a photographer would want to photograph the royal family in that room.

Old 05-29-2012, 12:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
I don't like christening pictures at all. The red backdrop ruined the pictures IMO. I don't see why a photographer would want to photograph the royal family in that room.
I like the red background very much. But I don't like the coldness of the king at the photos. And I would have wanted to see Madeleine in one photo, she is the only family member missing.

According to Svensk Damtidning, Folke Bernadotte, the son of Estelle Bernadotte, gave little Estelle a bear his mother had carved.
Old 05-29-2012, 01:53 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
I like the red background very much. But I don't like the coldness of the king at the photos. And I would have wanted to see Madeleine in one photo, she is the only family member missing.

According to Svensk Damtidning, Folke Bernadotte, the son of Estelle Bernadotte, gave little Estelle a bear his mother had carved.
I agree, I also missed Madeleine.
Old 05-29-2012, 03:07 PM
Majesty

how dirrerent one can see things

i thoght it got very warm with the red colour,
Old 05-29-2012, 04:46 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
And I would have wanted to see Madeleine in one photo, she is the only family member missing.
Have any other royal family had christening photos where an aunt or an uncle who wasn't a godparent been there with the child, its parents and grandparents?
Old 05-29-2012, 07:40 PM
Aristocracy

From some I have seen, they do the same that the sweedish seemed to do. I don't understand which photo was Madeline missing. She was in the godparents picture.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:54 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelly View Post
I don't understand which photo was Madeline missing. She was in the godparents picture.
No Medeleine is not on the godparents' photo, I think you mistake prince Daniel's sister Anna Westling Söderström, who was a godmother, for Madeleine.

If there was to be a photo of the whole family, then it shouldn't have been a photo of Estelle with the parents and two sets of grandparents, Carl Philip and Madeleine, Daniel's sister Anna, brother-in-law Mikael, two nieces, step-niece and step-nephew should also have been in that photo, as they are all part of Estelle's family.
Old 05-29-2012, 10:58 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meraude View Post
No Medeleine is not on the godparents' photo, I think you mistake prince Daniel's sister Anna Westling Söderström, who was a godmother, for Madeleine.

If there was to be a photo of the whole family, then it shouldn't have been a photo of Estelle with the parents and two sets of grandparents, Carl Philip and Madeleine, Daniel's sister Anna, brother-in-law Mikael, two nieces, step-niece and step-nephew should also have been in that photo, as they are all part of Estelle's family.
I am sorry about that, I guess I was so used to her being a blonde. I never noticed she dyed her hair. For some reason in my head I also thought Madeleine was a Godparent. I tend to have more interest in Victoria. Though I am getting a bit more curious about Madeleine and C-P.

Maybe they just thought that a pic with the godparents, grandparents, parents would have been enough. They could have done a private family photo also.
Old 05-30-2012, 12:32 PM
Courtier

I agree with the last posts. I'm not missing Madeleine as the family photos are with the godparents and the grandparents and she is neither one of them
Old 05-30-2012, 01:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

Daniel's cousin Sara Westling at the christening
http://asa.svenskdam.se/files/2012/05/prinsessa1.jpg

From Neue Post
Neue Post: Lesen Sie Neue Post
Old 05-31-2012, 12:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn

At first I thought he was cold, but when I lingered on the photo a little bit longer it seemed to me that he was feeling more awkward if anything. The king never really smiles, even at Victorias wedding he didn't smile all that much. But those pictures will be around forever so he could've at least made an effort. Let's not forget the King wanted his son to inherit the throne. I think holding little Stella was a reminder of how pushed back Carl Philip is from the throne.
Old 05-31-2012, 05:48 AM
Nobility

It is official photos. He is the King and his duty is to look majestic and regal at every official portrait. I'm sure he jokes around at private family photos.
Old 05-31-2012, 11:14 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
It is official photos. He is the King and his duty is to look majestic and regal at every official portrait. I'm sure he jokes around at private family photos.
I agree, they sure took many fotos with the king smiling and doting at his granddaughter but as these are official photos for the public I'm fine with him not smiling...
Old 05-31-2012, 12:34 PM
Imperial Majesty

The king said at the press conference in South Korea about inviting Chris and Sofia to the christening: That is the most natural thing in the world. It is always a good reason, if anything else, to meet one another. The reporter said that the royal couple has been widely praised about breaking the royal rules. The king was suprised about that.
Därför bjöd kungen Chris och Sofia | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

Pilgrim Center Tyresö gave Victoria, Daniel and Estelle pilgrim staffs as a christening gift.
Uppdrag: Pilgrimsstav till prinsessan Estelle
Old 06-01-2012, 01:57 PM
Nobility

Quote:
At first I thought he was cold, but when I lingered on the photo a little bit longer it seemed to me that he was feeling more awkward if anything. The king never really smiles, even at Victorias wedding he didn't smile all that much. But those pictures will be around forever so he could've at least made an effort. Let's not forget the King wanted his son to inherit the throne. I think holding little Stella was a reminder of how pushed back Carl Philip is from the throne.
The king usually keeps a neutral expression in most photos. I find that it's rare to get a picture of him smiling. However, I noticed that during the christening, he did smile when he looked at Estelle.

As for his feeling regarding Carl Philip and the throne, it wasn't the king's decision. He's a constitutional monarch without much power and has to accept whatever changes the government institutes to the line of succession. It's been more than 30 years since they changed the succession and I'm sure the king adjusted to it by now. A still photo is just a two-dimensional image of a single moment and doesn't fully represent how much the king probably adores his first grandchild.
Old 06-02-2012, 01:59 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esmerelda View Post
They might just have been following what happens in their respective houses. I don't think Willem-Alexander or Frederik wore a uniform to their own children's christenings either.
I had not thought of that. It does seem a possible reason.
Old 06-03-2012, 11:30 AM
Imperial Majesty

Video
Nyheterna: Prinsessan Estelle döptes i dag - TV4 Play
Old 06-03-2012, 02:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
The King's objection was to the retroactive aspect of the law change. Considering that a daughter and son had been born while the new law was being worked and voted on I have to agree. Either state a beginning date of the new law at the onset of discussions or make the effective date the date it was signed into law. The way it was handled with making Victoria the Crownprincess after Prince Carl Philip born into the position was very poorly planned. It could easily have been avoided if the effective date had been part of the discussions and planning.
Old 06-03-2012, 02:07 PM
Courtier

Agree with the King on this one --- Carl Philip was born the Crown Prince End of story until the next generation.

Tags
baptism, christening, crown princess victoria, king carl xvi gustav, prince carl philip, prince daniel, princess estelle, queen silvia, princess madeleine