Photo of the king smiling at Estelle

http://caras.sapo.pt/incoming/2012/0...u%C3%A9cia.JPG

Old 05-27-2012, 12:11 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by csw

I wonder where they kept the dummy. Daniel's pocket?

Old 05-27-2012, 12:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by csw View Post

Princess Estelle has "morfar" already wrapped around her finger.
Old 05-27-2012, 02:14 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marika86 View Post
Thank you for these great photos, Princess Maxima really stood out with her "red outfit" . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
Below are links to high resolution pictures.
- The Crown Princely Family with the Godparents
- The Crown Princely Family with the Grandparents
- The Crown Princely Family
- The King and Princess Estelle
- Three generations of Monarchs (current and future)

You can also view them on the official website.
Just click on the picture you want to see in high resolution, then (on the right side) on "Hamta bild".
These photos are the BEST, adorable! beautiful family . . . May God bless them!

The fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, . . . .
Old 05-27-2012, 04:02 PM
Imperial Majesty

Kungen, Silvia, Carl-Philip, Sofia, Madde och Chris - Estellet för bara mamma och pappa | Bildextra | Nöje | Nyheter24
Old 05-27-2012, 04:32 PM
Serene Highness

Shouldn't it be The Crown Princessly Family as Victoria is a Crown Princess in her own right, expressed this way it gives the impresson that it's photos of the family of a Crown Prince.
Old 05-27-2012, 04:41 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meraude View Post
Shouldn't it be The Crown Princessly Family as Victoria is a Crown Princess in her own right, expressed this way it gives the impresson that it's photos of the family of a Crown Prince.
I suppose that would be more accurate, however I must admit "Crown Princessly" just doesn't sound right to me.
Besides, we all know Victoria is the Crown Princess, and my wording will hardly affect that.
Old 05-27-2012, 04:53 PM
Imperial Majesty

Since the court uses "crown princess couple" in english of Victoria and Daniel, why can't it be "crown princess family?" Crown princely family it can't be.
Old 05-27-2012, 06:19 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

It does make sense. Unfortunately, editing my post is not longer possible (over 2 days have passed), but I'll make sure to write the correct way in future.

What with so many future Queens in the next generation (Estelle, Catharina Amalia, Ingrid Alexandra, Leonor, Elisabeth), we might as well get used to the correct term of "Crown Princess Family".
Old 05-27-2012, 08:15 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esmerelda View Post
I wonder where they kept the dummy. Daniel's pocket?
Yes, in one of the videos you can see CPss Victoria looking at Prince Daniel and with her eyes asking for the pacifier - which he then finds in his pocket
Old 05-28-2012, 01:31 AM
Nobility

Estelle is adorable and so very well adored by all of her family. The christening gown is exquisite, and the little sash so fitting for a princess born to be queen.

The ceremony was very regal, yet very much a family affair. It was majestic and yet not stuffy. It was full of pomp and circumstance, yet full of love and warmth. From what I have seen, the Swedish really do these ceremonial aspects well - not only maintaining the traditions but also ensuring their place in modern day culture, giving them a flavor, a relevance that is totally 'today.'

Many have asked but I have not noticed a response, so does anyone know what the dress code was? I found it somewhat odd that Haakon and Carl Phillip were in uniform while William Alexander was not? Especially as it appears that there was much coordination of attire behind the scenes among the family and godparents (and their spouses).
Old 05-28-2012, 01:55 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessApple View Post
Many have asked but I have not noticed a response, so does anyone know what the dress code was? I found it somewhat odd that Haakon and Carl Phillip were in uniform while William Alexander was not?
The dress code was in Swedish Förmiddagsdräkt, in English Morning dress: Morning dress - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia A Dress uniform is always considered correct when there is a formal dress code, and wearing a uniform is the only way you can wear a sash during daytime wear. Why Willem-Alexander chose to not wear a uniform I don't know, perhaps he feels more comfortable in a morning dress than in uniform or that he only wears a uniform at evening events.
Old 05-28-2012, 06:53 AM
Nobility

Thank you. To me, William Alexander looked a little out of place next to the other godfathers. Yet I wonder if it was an intended decision - with the colors that he wore (and also that Frederik and Maxima wore, for example) I cannot help but wonder if they all coordinated their attire!
Old 05-28-2012, 12:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

I've finally had a chance to watch the whole service and have to say the Swedish court pulled it out of the bag! It was an intimate family service but also regal as befitting a future Queen. Daniel and Victoria make such a wonderful couple and it is beyond sweet how Daniel cant stop looking at his two girls.

On another note I have to say I loved how Daniel's sister Anna dressed her daughters and step-daughter. Very sweet and appropriate with matching jackets and a slightly older dress for Hedvig.

I wonder why Estelle was only given one of her godmother's names?
Old 05-28-2012, 12:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessApple View Post
Many have asked but I have not noticed a response, so does anyone know what the dress code was? I found it somewhat odd that Haakon and Carl Phillip were in uniform while William Alexander was not? Especially as it appears that there was much coordination of attire behind the scenes among the family and godparents (and their spouses).
Maybe Willem Alexander thinks that uniforms don't suit to the christening of a little child? Frederik hadn't an uniform either.
Old 05-28-2012, 01:37 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessApple
Thank you. To me, William Alexander looked a little out of place next to the other godfathers. Yet I wonder if it was an intended decision - with the colors that he wore (and also that Frederik and Maxima wore, for example) I cannot help but wonder if they all coordinated their attire!
They might just have been following what happens in their respective houses. I don't think Willem-Alexander or Frederik wore a uniform to their own children's christenings either.
Old 05-28-2012, 01:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Maybe Willem Alexander thinks that uniforms don't suit to the christening of a little child? Frederik hadn't an uniform either.

I think in Nederland it's not a tradition to wear a uniform at christenings(In all of his daughters christenings he was wear a suit, not a uniform ) and because that he was wear a morning suit instead of uniform IMO
Old 05-28-2012, 01:56 PM
Aristocracy

I noticed that W-A is very tall, you can really see that when everyone was walking outside.
Old 05-28-2012, 02:03 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelly View Post
I noticed that W-A is very tall, you can really see that when everyone was walking outside.
He is quite a hunk of man, for sure. Does anyone know his actual height? I am guessing 6'4".
Old 05-28-2012, 02:10 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
He is quite a hunk of man, for sure. Does anyone know his actual height? I am guessing 6'4".
The funny thing is, while he appears to tower over his fellow royals, he is not that tall. His height is 6' (183-184 cm). As such, he is just 5 cm taller than Prince Charles or Prince Carl Philip, and actually shorter than Prince Harry (6'2"), or Prince William (who is 6'3"). What makes him appear more powerfully built his built, which is slightly heaver than the Princes I mentioned.

Tags
baptism, christening, crown princess victoria, king carl xvi gustav, prince carl philip, prince daniel, princess estelle, queen silvia, princess madeleine