The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-23-2012, 07:28 PM
Royal Highness

I had hoped that the official pictures would have been out today, oh well, tomorrow perhaps?

— Queen Margrethe II of Denmark directly addressing people suffering from depression and loneliness in her 2011 New Years address.

Old 05-23-2012, 08:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

Prinsessan Estelles dop - se film här - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

Old 05-23-2012, 08:54 PM
Nobility

Beautiful video. Thank you!
Old 05-23-2012, 11:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

Finnish Iltalehti tells that when the private lunch had ended some of the guests left but the royal family, the godparents, people close to Victoria and Daniel and president Sauli Niinistö and his wife stayed at the Palace talking for a quite long time. President Niinistö and his wife gave Estelle a Glass Cube 2012 by Oiva Toikka, a very famous finnish glass designer. The inspiration of this year's cube has been the World Design Capital Helsinki 2012. Toikka has designed a yearly Glass Cube since 1977.
http://store.iittala.com/epages/iitt...oducts/K006008
Toikka has become famous of his glass birds.
Iittala - Tuotteet - Sisustaminen - Birds by Toikka
Esinehaku | Designlasi.com
Old 05-24-2012, 02:47 AM
Courtier

Did anyone else think it was strange that Madeleine was seated so far away?
She could have seated next to Daniel´s parents,so everyone of the closest family would have been near Estelle.
Old 05-24-2012, 03:22 AM
Majesty

Dalarna have given estelle a dalahorse

kind of boring chrisning present,

from swedens County Governors (all of them)
here is another present
Old 05-24-2012, 03:26 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine View Post
Dalarna have given estelle a dalahorse

kind of boring chrisning present,

here is another present
On the contrary, I find that very lovely.
Old 05-24-2012, 03:28 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmalisa View Post
On the contrary, I find that very lovely.
i also have dalahorses when i visted the county but as a christning present a bit dull

i do like the bowl
Old 05-24-2012, 03:54 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv View Post
She could have seated next to Daniel´s parents,so everyone of the closest family would have been near Estelle.
Probably due to royal ranking, for example a hereditary grand duke have a higher status than a princess, and Madeleine had a higher status here than Märtha Louise as Madeleine was on home ground.
Old 05-24-2012, 04:09 AM
Heir Presumptive

IMHO a very beautiful pic of royal grandmother, father, and child:

http://s17.postimage.org/xp7qztjgf/desct.jpg
Old 05-24-2012, 04:31 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meraude View Post
Probably due to royal ranking, for example a hereditary grand duke have a higher status than a princess, and Madeleine had a higher status here than Märtha Louise as Madeleine was on home ground.
But during the wedding she was seated among the queens and kings, was she not? And she is family, after all.
Old 05-24-2012, 04:37 AM
Courtier

Yes, during the wedding she was seated in the first row, like the sister of the bridegroom,Anna Westling.

It is really strange to me, since also Anna´s husband was seated behind Daniel´s parents during the christening and so nearer than Madeleine.
When I watched the ceremony that was absolutely surprising to me, she sat somewhere in the congregation.
Old 05-24-2012, 05:58 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Yes, during the wedding she was seated in the first row, like the sister of the bridegroom,Anna Westling.

It is really strange to me, since also Anna´s husband was seated behind Daniel´s parents during the christening and so nearer than Madeleine.
When I watched the ceremony that was absolutely surprising to me, she sat somewhere in the congregation.
i was surprised by that as well
Old 05-24-2012, 06:51 AM
Courtier

Perhaps this way she was sitting closer to Chris? Where was he seated?
Old 05-24-2012, 06:58 AM
Courtier

He was seated away.
Also unusual that she didn´t join the family for the fotos outside.
Old 05-24-2012, 08:03 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Yes, I also thought that was strange.
Old 05-24-2012, 08:07 AM
Serene Highness

I saw the video and noticed how Pss Madeleine tried to get in concact with the man who was seating them, but he didn´t noticed that Pss Madeleine wanted to talk to with him... So perhaps she just sat down on the first free chair :)
Old 05-24-2012, 08:16 AM
Courtier

I know which scene you mean. It seemed she really sat wrong first.Because when she arrived she let one chair free between her and stephanie de lannoy.Then she was corrected and sat next to her.
Old 05-24-2012, 11:28 AM
Aristocracy

Why did princess Estelle receive the Order of the Seraphim? Any real reason? Does this mean Estelle will be able to wear it for special ocassions?
Old 05-24-2012, 11:28 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
I just watched the ceremony on svt:
Dopceremonin - Det kungliga dopet | SVT Play

Just like the Swedish court pulled off the best royal wedding that I know of, they also organised the nicest christening ceremony. Queen Silvia was very well dressed IMO, the most elegant woman by far. Maxima and Mathilde the usul Natan mess. Nice to see Stephanie de Lannoy, it seems she wore a hat from her future mother-in-law. The chappel is very beautiful btw.
I agree. I found myself thinking of Victoria's wedding the whole time I was watching the videos and photos of the christening...she had the same radiant glow that she did when she got married. The Swedish ladies were exquisitely dressed. I actually loved Mathilde's outfit...I thought she was the best dressed guest at the event. Absolutely beautiful ceremony.

Tags
baptism, christening, crown princess victoria, king carl xvi gustav, prince carl philip, prince daniel, princess estelle, queen silvia, princess madeleine