The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-22-2012, 11:53 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317 View Post
I haven't been able to find a picture of Daniel's nieces and step-niece and nephew. I saw one of Michael, his brother in law. Did the children attend?
Here:
http://media.shootitlive.com/aftonbl...MaQdS_1200.jpg
http://media.shootitlive.com/scanpix...a0Yle_1200.jpg
http://media.shootitlive.com/scanpix...tCP7q_1200.jpg

Victoria's and Daniel's thanks at the website of the court
Tack från Kronprinsessparet - Sveriges Kungahus
Google translation

Old 05-23-2012, 01:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Ceremony is up on SVT
Dopceremonin - Det kungliga dopet | SVT Play

Old 05-23-2012, 01:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esmerelda View Post
SVT says the whole ceremony will be available on their site 'from this evening', they're also broadcasting the highlights at 8pm Swedish time (an hour and 15 minutes from now).
Det kungliga dopet | svt.se
Thank you for posting this link. It was great to be able to see the ceremony.
Old 05-23-2012, 02:40 AM
Serene Highness

The ceremony is also on SVT now but I'm on my phone and can't post a link.
Old 05-23-2012, 08:08 AM
Serene Highness

I'm guessing the reception wasn't televised? What a shame.
Old 05-23-2012, 08:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

I enjoyed the wonderful pictures and videos of this important Event. Thanks a lot
What surprises me was when HM the Queen of Denmark was entering the Church the attendance was sitting !
Old 05-23-2012, 08:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
What surprises me was when HM the Queen of Denmark was entering the Church the attendance was sitting !
I noticed that too. Can't say I was very amused by it but there is no doubt an explanation for it .

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 05-23-2012, 08:46 AM
Nobility

How many time will we have to wait for the oficial photos ??
Old 05-23-2012, 09:11 AM
Aristocracy

I really enjoyed lookig at the lovely pictures of the christening. Baby Estelle is a cutie pie and her parents are so fond of their daughter.

The choice godparents is perfect and Princess Mary being among the godparents was not a surprise. Let's hope that Prince Frederik will be godfather of CP Victoria's next child.
Old 05-23-2012, 09:12 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I just watched the ceremony on svt:

Just like the Swedish court pulled off the best royal wedding that I know of, they also organised the nicest christening ceremony. Queen Silvia was very well dressed IMO, the most elegant woman by far. Maxima and Mathilde the usual Natan mess. Nice to see Stephanie de Lannoy, it seems she wore a hat from her future mother-in-law. The chapel is very beautiful btw.

Sofia Hellqvist was behaving more obnoxious than I expected. Of course she is used to pose for cameras, but she overdid it this time. They arranged an invitation for this woman, and instead of being discreet and on the background (like Chris O'Neill) she seemed to think that the whole thing was about her.
Old 05-23-2012, 09:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Just like the Swedish court pulled off the best royal wedding that I know of, they also organised the nicest christening ceremony.
Agreed. And Stockholm Palace is such grand setting. It reminds me, in it's own way, of being the Versailles of the North.

Old 05-23-2012, 09:38 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
Agreed. And Stockholm Palace is such grand setting. It reminds me, in it's own way, of being the Versailles of the North.
Well, it's actually Drottningholm castle that's nicknamed "Versailles of the North".
Old 05-23-2012, 09:40 AM
Courtier

Wow I just watched all the 463 christening pictures on the Swedish Royal Website and guess what ? There was not even one clear photo of CP Mary where she is alone and/or in the foreground (the same applies for all the godparents except Carl Philip) BUT more than 20 pictures of Sofia (sometimes alone and sometimes with Chris) featured prominently in the foreground. Think of it whatever you want but I see an engagement coming in the next few weeks .....
Old 05-23-2012, 10:04 AM
Serene Highness

Anyone know what the white certificates given to the parents and godparents are?
http://media.shootitlive.com/scanpix...dl9dR_1200.jpg
Old 05-23-2012, 10:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meraude View Post
Well, it's actually Drottningholm castle that's nicknamed "Versailles of the North".
I was thinking more of it's aweinspiring presence. It's cheer size, the inbuilt Grand Chapel, the Hall of State etc. Certainly the largest royal palace in Scandinavia.

Old 05-23-2012, 10:22 AM
Serene Highness

Is this Estelle's nanny?
http://media.shootitlive.com/scanpix...Q6Irk_1200.jpg
Old 05-23-2012, 10:47 AM
Courtier

I noticed that all the Swedish Royal members wore a portrait of the King. Except for Daniel. Is there a reason he hasn't recieved the order? Or did he just not wear it?
Old 05-23-2012, 10:55 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLV View Post
I noticed that all the Swedish Royal members wore a portrait of the King. Except for Daniel. Is there a reason he hasn't recieved the order? Or did he just not wear it?
I would assume that in Sweden just as in Great Britain family orders are given only to women.
Old 05-23-2012, 10:59 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
I just watched the ceremony on svt:

Just like the Swedish court pulled off the best royal wedding that I know of, they also organised the nicest christening ceremony. Queen Silvia was very well dressed IMO, the most elegant woman by far. Maxima and Mathilde the usul Natan mess. Nice to see Stephanie de Lannoy, it seems she wore a hat from her future mother-in-law. The chappel is very beautiful btw.

Sofia Hellqvist was behaving more obnoxious than I expected. Of course she is used to pose for cameras, but she overdid it this time. They arranged an invitation for this woman, and instead of being discreet and on the background (like Chris O'Neill) she seemed to think that the whole thing was about her.
Agree on all accounts.
- This was the best royal christening ceremony in recent decades
- Queen Silvia was very elegant, but I didn't care for Maxima's red ensemble (too bright).
- Having tried very hard in the past to like Sofia, I was taken aback by her behaviour. A bit more discreet attitude could have done wonders.

Unfortunately, I have to agree with Kit as well; given how prominently she's featured in the pictures and her invitation to the christening, it now seems that an engagement will imminently be announced quite soon.
Old 05-23-2012, 11:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I would assume that in Sweden just as in Great Britain family orders are given only to women.
Correct. Only female members receive the sovereign's portrait. As is the case in Denmark, Norway, the UK and Tonga.

Tags
baptism, christening, crown princess victoria, king carl xvi gustav, prince carl philip, prince daniel, princess estelle, queen silvia, princess madeleine