The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-22-2012, 08:49 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

I had to miss this christening (work), so please someone post a video.
From what I have seen from pictures, it was a moving, beautiful and quite regal ceremony. Baby Estelle gets cuter by day.

Old 05-22-2012, 08:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

Here is some video footage from the christening
Här döps prinsessan Estelle - Nyheter | SVT.se

Old 05-22-2012, 08:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
One or two royals I could understand, but so many seems odd.
Just because you don't understand something doesn't make it 'odd'. Scandinavian royal children, particularly those in direct line of succession have a varied selection of royal godparents. It's the way it's done amongst these houses.

There is plenty of information throughout these forums if anyone is serious about understanding the various relationship dynamics of the people we discuss. You just have to want to look to become better informed.

Princess Ingrid Alexandra -

* Crown Prince Frederik
* Crown Princess Victoria
* Prince of Asturias
* Princess Martha Louise

Prince Christian -

* Crown Prince Haakon
* Crown Princess Mette-Marit
* Crown Princess Victoria
* Crown Prince Pavlos
* Prince Joachim

Princess Estelle -

* Prince of Oranje
* Crown Prince Haakon
* Crown Princess Mary
* Prince Carl Philip

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 05-22-2012, 09:00 AM
Serene Highness

Are they showing the reception. I'm hoping a full video will be available when I get home!
Old 05-22-2012, 09:07 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagMil View Post
Here is some video footage from the christening
Här döps prinsessan Estelle - Nyheter | SVT.se
Thanks, you are a star!
Old 05-22-2012, 09:17 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
I don't understand the compulsion to choose a bunch of foreign royals... as your child's godparent.
Princess Victoria has said that Prince Haakon and Prince Frederick are like brothers to her. Being a future sovereign is a very unique position to be in. Who better to support Princess Estelle than other people in the same situation.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

Another Video
Old 05-22-2012, 09:22 AM
Royal Highness

cant wait to see the official pictures, i'll be thrilled to see a 3 generation photo with King Carl Gustaf, Crown Princess Victoria and little Princess Estelle, as i remenber, there are official christening photos of generation Kings and their heirs. the official royal website has wonderful old pictures.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:28 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
EIIR[/B]]I don't understand the compulsion to choose a bunch of foreign royals... as your child's godparent.
Princess Victoria has said that Prince Haakon and Prince Frederick are like brothers to her. Being a future sovereign is a very unique position to be in. Who better to support Princess Estelle than other people in the same situation.
exactly, besides Prince Frederik is family, after all Queen Margrethe and King Carl Gustaf are first cousins, because her mother and his father were siblings.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

I have to say I don't like most of the clothes the women present are wearing!

Mary's looks dowdy, Maxima's is blindingly bright, Madeleine looks like she is wearing a raincoat, Stephanie's is too short for the occasion. They have all looked better.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Mary's looks dowdy
Unfashionable and without style of appearance you think? I think we were looking at different women

Maxima really enjoy's red and for the most part it suits her well. She is quite tall too it would seem.

The Duchess fo Brabant wore an unnatractive hat which didn't flatter her at all I don't think. The colour of her outfit however suited her very well I thought.

I also liked the netting on Madeleine's head piece. It suited her well.

Old 05-22-2012, 09:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
Unfashionable and without style of appearance you think? I think we were looking at different women

I thought that white overcoat thing looked awful, like something an old lady would wear. And I wasn't wild about the hat. Mary has looked so much nicer on other occasions.

So I guess we must agree to disagree.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:44 AM
Imperial Majesty

What a lovely, prestigious ceremony! The guests arriving from the courtyard and especially the royals arriving from there - great choice!
Daniel carrying and kissing his daughter, a very loving and proud father. Victoria is proud of her little family. She looked very good today, the colour of her dress suited her perfectly. Queen Silvia looked marvellous. Madeleine looked nice too, but she had a little too much make up to my taste and her coat looked a little heavy. Mary was ok, Anna Westling Söderling nice as always. I'm not so fond of Maxima's red outfit. Mathilde looked the same as always.
The ceremony was perfect, Estelle is so cute and her yawning was so funny. I'm glad that Victoria and Daniel had chosen "Vilar glad i din famn" again, it is such a beautiful piece of music.
I'm not surprised about the godparents at all. Carl Philip seemed the first choice of Victoria's siblings to me, Haakon and W-A were clear too, they are clearly very close to Victoria, especially during recent years. And because they wanted another woman besides Anna, they chose Mary and not Frederik. Anna Westling Söderström was a clear choice.
Perfectly arranged by the Bernadottes - if you count out Sofia and Chris. Especially Sofia with her victoriuous grin. I'm glad that the TV didn't show them very much, now I just have to skip all the photos of them. This whole evening will be just watching the photos.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:46 AM

Hello.
Does anyone know where Crown Princess Victoria shoes are from? They are very pretty...
Old 05-22-2012, 09:46 AM
Courtier

Are there any pictures of the king putting the sash on Estelle?

I am totally smitten with her - she is absolutely adorable!
Old 05-22-2012, 09:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

daylife gallery > christening Princess Estelle - News, photos, topics, and quotes
http://www.newscom.com/nc/clearOpenSearch.action > Princess Estelle
http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/145...1E7EC1A351FC8B
Old 05-22-2012, 09:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Anna Westling Söderström was a clear choice.
No more evident than Mary I would think. Especially in light of Estelle bearing her godmothers name as one of her own.

Quote:
So I guess we must agree to disagree.
Of that you can be certain

Old 05-22-2012, 09:51 AM
Majesty

this would be a lovely official photo
Old 05-22-2012, 09:54 AM
Nobility

I had the chance of watching a part of the baptism ceremony because of my busy schedule. I have to admit once again that Swedish Royal Family knows very well to organize a Royal event.

It was a real Royal baptism ceremony. I enjoyed so much watching it the same I enjoyed watching the Daniel and Victoria's wedding.

Really wonderful ceremony !!!
Old 05-22-2012, 10:06 AM
Courtier

Such a beautiful, joyous occasion. Thank you so much to everyone for posting the pictures and videos.

How beautiful are all the Bernadotte women, elegant and classy. I adored the little hats which were worn by Victoria and Madeleine. The netting on Madeleine's was to die for. !

I liked most of the outfits which the ladies wore. I agree that Maxima's was a bit loud or bright but she can wear colours like that so well.

I wasn't mad about the jacket coat thing that Countess Stephanie wore.

Sofia H. looked very demure but I wish that she had checked to see what colour Victoria was wearing as they both wore almost the same shade. And, oh boy, didn't Sofia walk in with her head held high. !!

Victoria's dress was beautiful and showed off her gorgeous figure.

Tags
baptism, christening, crown princess victoria, king carl xvi gustav, prince carl philip, prince daniel, princess estelle, queen silvia, princess madeleine